PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest Insult for liking Pokémon

Lady Machoke
May 30th, 2004, 11:51 AM
What is the dumbest insult you've received for liking Pokémon?

and please DO NOT flame in this topic.

I've been mocked a few times by my brother for liking Pokémon. At one time he said that I cannot get any boyfriends when I watch the movies on a date.

He gave me the comments:

"No wonder nobody likes you. Your only interest is Pokémon."

as well as

"Your only thing is Pokémon and the Discovery Channel."

Hey, bro! I like some other stuff besides Pokémon. Man, sometimes having a younger sibling can be a royal pain in the @$$!!

Aggron91
May 30th, 2004, 12:24 PM
oh well kids r sumtime slike tht, i think the lames insult ive heard is that all it was was a fury yelow thing that has limited vocabulary as it can only pikachu, wots wif tht??

ryan
May 30th, 2004, 04:16 PM
i've got people telling me i'm gay and retarded. but that's pretty funny, because i'm smarter than most of them, and have a girlfriend... um, more than them?

Varied Deoxys
May 30th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Last year for Halloween, I had this cool costume of Deoxys transformed into a Sandslash. Someone tripped me, and when I got up, there was a splinter in my finger. When I got up, someone noticed the splinter in my finger and said "Dude, you need to quit scratching your head." as he was passing by.

jirachi_pt
May 30th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Some People @ my school school Pokemon is Gay and 4 kiddies. pft...Those comments aren't even worth replies. :tired:

oni flygon
May 30th, 2004, 07:10 PM
"It's Pokaymoen! Did you just see Pikachu blast or Team Rocket last night?"

Yep, that's the most dumbest insult you've ever talked about to a manga fan...

MiNuN*
May 30th, 2004, 08:47 PM
First, I thought there was a rule called "No Cencor-bypass" and "No flaming."
Secondly, people do not use the word "gay" Literally so if you maybe want to re-edit that.
And lastly, some people don't like Pokémon and thats their problem isn't it?

jokestr2004
May 30th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Yeah but we're just saying what the haters originally said.

One time someone said "You like Pogaymon?!" Or something... how rude.

But uh, if i were to change that to a more appropriate level.. it'd be "Pohomosexualmon" so uhh...

MiNuN*
May 31st, 2004, 12:32 AM
Yeah the "Come on now, you like Po-- what was it again?"
But when it comes to a rude word just try to keep it as stars.
(eg. ***)
Its trash all over the net, we don't want it here. See yah around

ryan
May 31st, 2004, 07:00 AM
what? if we're quoting people then we're not using it directly at anybody, therefore we're not using it as an insult. and it's in no way demeaning to *** (so YOU don't get upset) people, what we're saying is just the truth. *** is in no way a "rude word", it's the way some people feel about other people. and i see no way that emotions can be rude.

Legendary_Pokegirl
May 31st, 2004, 07:14 AM
I have never recieved any insult for liking Pokemon. People in the school that I go to now, dont know that I like Pokemon. But in my old school, everyone pretty much liked Pokemon.

Imakuni?
May 31st, 2004, 07:23 AM
kid one"y do u still like pokemon?"
me :blinks: " cuz i do"
kid one "hahahaha"
kid two "poke-baby"
me " ill bet u still like barney!"
kids 1-2 :blink: walk away shaking heads..

Chairman Kaga
May 31st, 2004, 07:46 AM
I really haven't been insulted for it since the 6th grade, but back then it was the usual stuff...actually most of it I can't type here, it's too...err...colorful...

Lucifer
May 31st, 2004, 08:47 AM
First, I thought there was a rule called "No Cencor-bypass" and "No flaming."
Secondly, people do not use the word "gay" Literally so if you maybe want to re-edit that.
And lastly, some people don't like Pokémon and thats their problem isn't it?

I think there's also an unwritten rule entitled "Leave moderating to the moderators."

You're not a forum leader, just as I'm not a member of the Grammar Police. If I were, I'd condemn you for horribly misspelling the word "censor" and just generally typing incoherently. But like I said, I'm in no position to do so. ='(

Jeremy
May 31st, 2004, 09:10 AM
"You're dumb because you like Pokémon! It's for little kids!"

PIKA2: Childish little kid, passes school with high grades.
Insult made by the insulter: Going to summer school, and can't spell the word soda.
There, prove my point. ^_^

jokestr2004
May 31st, 2004, 09:28 AM
*Digs through memories* Oh yes, this happened not but a week ago. Role scene:

Jokestr sits down in the bus, to go home. He is wearing a Lugia sticker on one hand, and Raikou on another.
Kid: WTF are you wearin?
Me: uh... Lugia.. and Raikou..
Kid: You still into that Pokemon ****?!
Another kid overhears it.
Kid 2: WTH?
The second kid reaches and tries to rip off the stickers, attracting alot of attention.
Kid 3: *stares at me.*

...When I could actually get some privacy, the stickers were barely sticking, so I peeled them off and stuck them to eachother and put it in my backpack...

See these people were kinda my friends but they didn't know I liked Pokemon... Geez I wonder what'll happen when they find out I like J-Pop lol...

jynx
May 31st, 2004, 10:14 AM
"Pokemon is so immature! Isn't it only for primary school?"

Well, I think you are MORE immature!

miltman7
May 31st, 2004, 10:28 AM
I think the funniest thing i saw was when a yugi-oh kid walked into the place i was going to play a pokemon tournament and said ah-ha all you gay pokay-man lovers are going to play pokay-man.
After the tournament started i noticed the kid was still hanging around after all the yugi players left. Guess who i was paired up with fourth round...
the yugi-oh kid he wasn't good either he looked so desperate to play and he even had a starter deck.
The other thing is that most surviving pokemon players are all really smaryt from what ive seen

ryan
May 31st, 2004, 10:40 AM
i had a 9 year old tell me i was an idiot for liking pokemon, he said yu-gi-oh was much better and that i was immature. so i killed him

Porygon
May 31st, 2004, 11:29 AM
Lol. If only it was that easy…

Anyway, not too many people know I like Pokémon, so… although I occasionally get bugged by my brother… He gives me a bunch of crap like saying I live and worship Pokémon… I mean, come on! I like other Animes too! Geez…

Chairman Kaga
May 31st, 2004, 03:28 PM
I think I should go to school dressed as James on Halloween dress-up day this year and see what people say...I want to know if anyone even dares insult me :P

A lot of these kids who are saying things to you all sound like total losers o_O;; I, for one, would give them all they give to me. I'm sure a lot of you know a lot of good comebacks, or simply have the ability to successfully intimidate the person saying things to you...people are so darned intolerent of such insignificant things these days...it really depresses me -.-

jokestr2004
May 31st, 2004, 04:54 PM
Lol. If only it was that easy…

Anyway, not too many people know I like Pokémon, so… although I occasionally get bugged by my brother… He gives me a bunch of crap like saying I live and worship Pokémon… I mean, come on! I like other Animes too! Geez…

Yeah I only tell other people I hear like Pokemon, that I also do, at school, to further avoid getting picked on. Luckily my brother likes Pokemon though :P

I think I should go to school dressed as James on Halloween dress-up day this year and see what people say...I want to know if anyone even dares insult me

A lot of these kids who are saying things to you all sound like total losers o_O;; I, for one, would give them all they give to me. I'm sure a lot of you know a lot of good comebacks, or simply have the ability to successfully intimidate the person saying things to you...people are so darned intolerent of such insignificant things these days...it really depresses me -.-
I know some comebacks.. that I do. But usually at school when I'm not around my friends, keep to myself and act like no one's there, and hope no one notices me... you know, tense and stuff. Not sure why.

Sayuri no Hoshi
May 31st, 2004, 05:02 PM
I've gotten laughed at and talked behind my back for the "implication" of my liking of Pokémon. A girl that I used to be friends thought it was funny but weird that I had Pokémon CDs and videos. I would tell her that my aunt bought them for me as presents since "it was such a popular fad, she assumed I liked it, too" and all that junk. Still, she went around to a few of my friends and told them that I had Pokémon things then I got wind of what she was saying after a while. Other than that, I never really displayed my interest in Pokémon to people outside of my family--with the exception of that girl. I freely express to most people now that I like anime and they don't mind it. I can't believe how some people can be so rude if they don't approve of something that suits your fancy. It's like that song: "If it makes you happy...then it can't be that bad..."

Deoxys55
May 31st, 2004, 05:39 PM
Ugh, I get made fun of for lots of things such as yu-gi-oh and pokémon. When I'm not getting teased about liking it, I'm getting teased for hanging out with boys that like it...

Sudowoodo_prince
May 31st, 2004, 11:13 PM
Well, Some of the kids laugh at me for liking Pokemon because it's so old, but the fact is stuff like South Park and Dragonballz is old too, but they watch those. Although Dragonballz is finished now, the thing is they have just admitted they'll automatically hate it and call it childish and stuff as soon as it goes out of fashion. Yet they still let themselves get into things like Yu-gi-oh which they'll probably just hate it when it goes out of fashion or another show comes in fashion.

Ryoutarou
June 1st, 2004, 11:39 AM
ya but the thing is dbz was allways a kids show and never really populair in america...well compared to pokemon and other anime's...still of course your going to be mocked if your 13 or older and like pokemon it is a show for kids even the anime is aimed at 12 years olds dont know why i still like it...allthough not many people acutally know that i like it.

awkwardsilencer
June 1st, 2004, 12:29 PM
im not gonna lie , im 16 and almost a junior, and i still like pokemon. except i only like playing the games. other than that i hate the show and everything else. i mean its only a good rpg. but if people like it all alot im not gonna be a ****khead to them and make fun of them. its what they like and thats their own interest.

Ryoutarou
June 1st, 2004, 01:17 PM
well for a rpg it acutally suck's comapred to some of the other rpg's.

Chairman Kaga
June 1st, 2004, 03:52 PM
Well since it's geared towards smaller children, it's a nice introduction to the RPG format so children will understand that type of game better when they're older...I wouldn't do half as well with RPGs if I hadn't have played pokemon back when I was 12 I wouldn't be half as good or as interested in RPGs as I am now. It's a nice stepping stone for beginning gamers.

ryan
June 1st, 2004, 04:12 PM
it only sucks next to chrono trigger. otherwise it's like the best. full of replay value.

Jeremy
June 1st, 2004, 04:21 PM
Pokemon > Chrono Trigger, well that's just me. :P
But hey, the only RPGs I play are Pokémon, DemiKids, Super Mario RPG, Mario and Luigi : Superstar Saga, and Final Fantasy: CC.

the_last_pokémontrainer
June 2nd, 2004, 06:45 AM
people at school who used to like pokémon, now says that its stupid and childish

Psychotic_Demon
June 2nd, 2004, 07:07 AM
i`m going on 13 and all these years i`ve kept my liking of pokemon hidden. whew that was hard. people at my school say its stupid...but this year i might go to a new scool. i wonder if they like pokemon....

Hinoshi-chan
June 2nd, 2004, 09:07 AM
Ahh, this thread... how pathetic can be some people be?. If they saw some pokemon mangas, A certain one of Misty.
This was from my B/f I minute ago

Him " Remeber, when we went down the road, and watched pokemon Movie 1 together
Me '' Yeah, you wanna watch the heroes movie? Its on DVD soon "
Him " You? still like pokemon "
Me " Its a a good anime; you dont? ''
Him " No, I got over it ALONG time ago, Its for kiddies, who want a stupid thingy thing ( Cencored words )
I got my one of my Jap mangas out , and showed it to him
Me '' is it kiddies anymore ''
He walked off

^-^ I get called "' pokemon gay isnt it faith, wanna watch stupid thingy again, its for the kids heh ha ha ha ha, youre a wussy ''
I walk away from most Insults

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
June 2nd, 2004, 10:51 AM
Nobody ever disses me, i guess because they're my friends, and I was blunt about it. But i hear others saying other kids are gay, and Pokemon is gay.

Porygon
June 2nd, 2004, 11:48 AM
*sigh* When will people learn…

June 2nd, 2004, 12:03 PM
If people find Pokemon so "gay" why do they even care about it?
Its ironic isnt it?
They say it sucks and that its lame and, and for kiddies, yet they still care if somebody likes Pokemon

Porygon
June 2nd, 2004, 12:08 PM
Yeah, exactly. If you hate it or don't care, keep your comments to yourself. Yeesh…

Kuharido
June 2nd, 2004, 02:13 PM
At my school nobody cares I guess they got there own stuff to worry about but some punks at my school still like it.

AngelWolfie
June 2nd, 2004, 06:21 PM
Uugh...People insulted me a TON about it in 5th grade.
Kid: Hey Lindsey, is it true your a pokemon master?
Me:*looks away*
Kid:She said yes!
Everyone nearby: *laughs*

Heh, funny really. The ones who insulted me most back then were the biggest pokemaiacs I've ever seen back in 3rd grade...
The only insult I got about pokemon at all this year (7th grade), was when I was drawing a wolf in my binder because I was bored, one of the rude girly-girls sitting by me said in a mocking voice: "Pikachu! Pikachu! How stupid! Lindsey likes piiiikachu!" Well, in reality I can't stand pikachu's-too popular. And I NEVER draw pokemon at school...

jynx
June 3rd, 2004, 01:42 AM
people at school who used to like pokémon, now says that its stupid and childish
This is only THEIR retardness.
Man, I know a PokemonFan that is studying in BATH UNIVERSITY!!
One of UK's top 5 universities!

I also know another PokemonFan that's studying in Hong Kong Science UNIVERSITY! Again, a very good university!

So, say to the lil kid, "Hey, now you dare say Pokemon is childish? It had been YOU that are childish!"

Porygon
June 3rd, 2004, 10:21 AM
Haha… once I get a roll of film and take a bunch of snapshots for use in the "Post your pictures" thread at DZone, I'll probably have some "good" ones for ya… I'll take a pic of the computer I'm on, set to PC. Hehehe… subtle… lol.

jynx
June 3rd, 2004, 12:15 PM
Huh? Porygon, who r u replying?
Oh well...DragonBall!? What on earth!
My cousins used to play DragonBall when they were in primary school, and now, they are in University! (The bigger one's even graduated! He's now a technician, works in Hong Kong.)
USA is 10 years later than Hong Kong? What a joke!
People hardly remember DragonBall in Hong Kong now! Come on, 10 years ago! Who would play that stuff?
10 years ago -______-||||
-------------------------------------------------------------

Ppl who think that Pokemon's immature is due to their own immature!
They could never discover the mysteries of biological theories in Pokemon. They are too stupid to understand those theories!
(Hey, I got A for Chemistry, Biology and Physics! You'd learn them all through Pokemon!)

katty
June 3rd, 2004, 07:27 PM
i've never recieved any insults, my friends all respect me but they imformed me not to like pokemon at the most. i like pokemon becuase its a fun thing to do, cute little pets and powerful creatures, not some 5 year old playing barbie.

Daegon
June 4th, 2004, 03:15 AM
"go live in a gameboy-you ****"
That's the insult I get from people.

jynx
June 4th, 2004, 03:49 AM
i've never recieved any insults, my friends all respect me but they imformed me not to like pokemon at the most. i like pokemon becuase its a fun thing to do, cute little pets and powerful creatures, not some 5 year old playing barbie.
That's your won fortune.

My friends always make fun of me by putting their hands on their b0()p$!

And they found out that my boy friend is called Gengar, and they say they assume that Gengar is__________ and they put their hands on "man's place" and joked! (they r all girls, by the way)
I hate 'em doing that!

Soph
June 4th, 2004, 03:56 AM
I get called 'Pokemon Freak' about 5 times a day at school O_o XD. The pokemon is gay thing is old, too many people say that (it doenst even make sense how can a game or TV show or whatever be homo? its not even alive O_O) um sorry if that was too 'graphic' for anyone what I just said.

Angel of Chaos
June 4th, 2004, 04:23 AM
Yeah, I get stuff said to me all the time about it like the original "Pokémon is gay! So you must be too!"
And "pokémon sucks" stuff.
It has no effect on me but it really does quite annoying after a while.

jynx
June 4th, 2004, 05:21 AM
Once I told my friends that, secondary schools are teaching English with Pokemon in Hong Kong(that'r true!!!!!!!!), then they say, "Awww! Its so gay!"

Its like,"Oi! How dare you say a country is gay, or a cartoon is gay! It's so 'racket'!"

racket's k=i, e=s

Jolty-kun
June 4th, 2004, 05:28 AM
Dragonball!?, my mums mate who is about 24 still watches it lol!,
i havent really had any insults except people say pokemon is 4 babies but that's just the way to get me out of pokemon but it'll be a few years until i get out of it lol!

Eliana
June 4th, 2004, 07:26 AM
*sigh* at my school no one likes pokemon. they make really rude comments towards me...... i wont mention them since they are crude but they like using the name pikachu and using a different word and end it in chu

Porygon
June 4th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Well, I think that all of you who are ignoring these idiots are quite right in doing so. They're not worth anyone's time.

Pikachu Fan38
June 5th, 2004, 10:54 AM
I ignore the people that say Pokemon is dumb.
That's just their opinion,they can say whatever they want
because I'm still gonna like Pokemon no matter what they say.

IceKitten
June 5th, 2004, 11:22 AM
So many ppl dislike pokemon it's like Uber lucky to get a friend who likes it, and I found one.

Junichi
June 5th, 2004, 07:23 PM
A dumbass called me a racist for likeing pokemon. They should get sude for that.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
June 5th, 2004, 07:26 PM
I have "friends" who still play the game I think, but I don't really know, a lot can change in a year.

I played my Ruby version at a bowling party, and nobody said anything, again, probably because I was brave enough to play it and not care. I never usually care what people think.

AngelWolfie
June 5th, 2004, 08:32 PM
A dumbass called me a racist for likeing pokemon. They should get sude for that.
How the heck could a person be racist for liking pokemon?! 0o;; That makes no sence whatsoever...

AngelWolfie
June 5th, 2004, 09:35 PM
(it doenst even make sense how can a game or TV show or whatever be homo? its not even alive O_O)
lol reminds me of how my science teacher lectures us that inanimate objects cannot 'do' eachother whenever someone calls something 'gay'...sorry, waay offtopic X)

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
June 5th, 2004, 09:48 PM
LMAO, that's why it's a "stupid insult". We have weird convos like that in science, that oftewn involve the word sperm.

Pine
June 5th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Here's my story on my pokemon experience, I guess this was the wrong place to post something like this, but yeah...I also have some suggestions at the bottom :)

Well, I first heard about it in, oh, let's see...I think either second or third grade, when the cards were 'unleashed,' It seemed that pretty much everyone had them. Except me. I would ask if anybody had any extra cards that they didn't want...I just got rejected (everyone with cards over there and me with none over here...), and finally I was given a Kakuna card. Then I bought a Fire Energy at a card store.

Charizard was ten bucks...I didn't buy it, but remember that for now...

There was a, like, two month period when I was 'in the group.' By now, I was getting cards more because of my new fondness for pokemon, rather than wanting to be with the other guys (It can become VERY lonely standing around the playground almost completely alone, while everyone is up on the hill with their cards...).

Third to fourth grade, the cards are starting to fade, and the new thing is the Red and Blue Versions...I at this time had no gameboy. I didn't have one (gameboy color) until I got one with my saved allowance in fifth grade. So I was to sit around for a short period drawing Staryus, Starmies and Shellders (quite good ones may I add). I even gave some to classmates who wanted them (a lot wanted them).

Fourth to fifth grade was when I really got into the cards, even after I bought my gameboy color (cartrige?). I went to the weekly (every Friday!) 'gathering,' where I mastered rules, how to trade and how to battle. I got some cool prerelease and promo cards, it was all good. I bought a Gold cartrige, but I still mostly stuck with the cards, improving my skills.

Back at school, people were playing with stupid looking 'mini cards' (???), which resembled small rectangular (like 1x1/2 in.) pieces of cheap cardboard, with a mini picture of a pokemon, its type and stuff like that. Wierd. Anyway, shortly after, pokemon became banned (as it did with many schools across the nation), and pokemon seemed to be 'hated.' The only time it was referred to was if it was being dissed or something, so nobody talked about it. Nobody that still liked it was made fun of though...I got into the Gold Version that I had been neglecting for a while and laid (layed? lied?? lade??? Oh well...) low.

Sixth grade, you may say was a dud. Nobody talked about or mentioned pokemon, and I had become drastically less interested in the cards for a little while. Most others had gotten rid of their cards the previous year (from giving them away to shooting them with a BB gun). Nothing going on.

After a while, people just would, well, it's sort of odd really...
Whenever someone is trying to refer to something in a conversation or joke or something, pokemon gets mentioned a lot, not anything good or bad, it just gets mentioned...

By now I am back in the cards, and back even more so with the game, considering my projects with the creation of Light White and Space Black (see my siggy). I also finished a deck (back in fifth grade), and nobody at all has ever beaten me :D...unfortunately I didn't get to use it when the cards were still hot...If anybody knows a way to battle on the internet or something...

Well that's my story.

The Suggestions:
Many of you are saying things like some person tells you that you're dumb or something because you like pokemon, and that they're the dumb ones, but most of you also say that you just walk away or something. That's a good idea, but there is an alternative...let's look at an example...a quote from PIKA2..

"You're dumb because you like Pokémon! It's for little kids!"

PIKA2: Childish little kid, passes school with high grades.
Insult made by the insulter: Going to summer school, and can't spell the word soda.
There, prove my point. ^_^

That one is my favorite :D

If you are in a situation like PIKA2's, where you know something to contredict the person insulting you, use it! Since it's battling them with logic, they have no reasonable thing to say against it. If they do though, you can just give them a look with one of your eyebrows raised that says 'what you just said was stupid and you know it' and if you want go 'uh-huh' in that expectant questioning voice. They'll have no way to cope with it, so end of problem!

I have no idea if I've helped at all but that's my suggestion!

Nikku
June 5th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Well, once when I was in Wal-Mart some kid walked up to me and goes "Pokemon... that is /so gay/". I just blinked, looked down and realized I was wearing my Bulbasaur shirt. Before I could say anything, the guy and his friend are walking off and I thought I heard him saying 'fag' or something. People like that are so pathetic... I don't know how they get pleasure from putting other people down and trying to hurt their feelings... Especially by calling someone gay. But teenagers will be teenagers, cruel as most of them are. =\

Eliana
June 6th, 2004, 05:27 AM
Well people tend to say to me gayachu i just ignore em its quite lame lol

Pine
June 6th, 2004, 08:32 AM
eliana, next time one of them says that to you again, try this...

Sneer at their lack of creativity when finding a way to make fun of you, and that it's just pathetic, and you can also mention their extremely small vocabulary if you want to.

The Kraig
June 6th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Meh, no one really bothers me about it anymore at school. They all know I'm the school's computer guy. I sometimes take in my X-Box, PS2 or GameCube in for the last day of school (it's usually just a mess around day because hardly anyone shows up on the last day of term). I usually take my gameboy in and play it at breaks (and during class (¬_¬)) so I think they've just got used to the fact I love all computer games and it's not just something to do with Pokemon. And if they don't like they wouldn't say anything, at least not to my face. I'm 6'2'' of brute power, pissing me off would just be silly.

Mew13
June 6th, 2004, 10:00 AM
The worst insult I have ever encountered is one that my mom uses all the time. "Why does Pokemon still interest you!? It's for little kids!"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... and guess what! She's the only one that cares! Even my friends (who have only recently found out) don't care. ARG!

jynx
June 6th, 2004, 10:41 AM
They always think that PM is for lil kids!
Annoying.

My school doesn't do that to me. But they do something worse!

Pine
June 6th, 2004, 11:04 AM
How can they do something worse if they aren't doing anything?

Eliana
June 6th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Well ya i do that i mean i basicaly tell them why i should even be listening to people with such low rankings in society lol

Pine
June 6th, 2004, 11:19 AM
What do they do after you tell them that?

jynx
June 6th, 2004, 11:27 AM
How can they do something worse if they aren't doing anything?
They did something of course.

Look at my post on page 2...

It is so bad that I don't want to say it again.

Pine
June 6th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Oh, that thing.

I didn't quite understand it though...oh well. I don't need to know.

jynx
June 6th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Oh, that thing.

I didn't quite understand it though...oh well. I don't need to know.
They suggested that since Jynx put her hands on her b0()p$ in RBY versions, Gengar must be putting his hand must be on his pen**$

So when they ever saw me, they go in pairs and one puts her hands on her b**p$ and the other one grabs the cloth on her skirt between stomach and legs(so that "something" "sticks out")
They thought that I would laugh, but I was always furious. And they decieded that making me furious is interesting so they do that all the time! @@|||
Is that English culture? I don't know, I'm not a British blood. (but I'm British according to law @@)
Its always difficult to understand another culture...I think I've already tried my best to blend in.

(Gengar's the name of my boy friend by the way)

Pogiforce-14
June 6th, 2004, 12:14 PM
I'm quite proud ofmy pokemon status. i found that you can only be insulted if it's ignorant, or your really ashamed of it. For instance, once, I was up here during school and some other students saw me and they said " Look! It's Pokemon! that is for kids, you know that? I should call you Ash from now on." And they laughed like they thought they were smart And I turned to those people and said. "Sure, you can call me that. I'd probably like being called Ash." I was being honest whan I told them that, and they could tell it. They kinda stared at me for a few seconds before going off somehwhere, probably to bother someone whose skin they could actually get under.

Pine
June 6th, 2004, 12:25 PM
They suggested that since Jynx put her hands on her b0()p$ in RBY versions, Gengar must be putting his hand must be on his pen**$

So when they ever saw me, they go in pairs and one puts her hands on her b**p$ and the other one grabs the cloth on her skirt between stomach and legs(so that "something" "sticks out")
They thought that I would laugh, but I was always furious. And they decieded that making me furious is interesting so they do that all the time! @@|||
Is that English culture? I don't know, I'm not a British blood. (but I'm British according to law @@)
Its always difficult to understand another culture...I think I've already tried my best to blend in.

(Gengar's the name of my boy friend by the way)

Your friends grab their own b0()p$ in public?
Where is your boyfriend from? I'm wondering where he got the name Gengar...

Bhati
June 6th, 2004, 03:25 PM
My friends don't know that I like Pokemon, which is probalby the best way to have it. Recently my mom found out that I was part of a couple Pokemon foums, and she said, "Aren't you getting a little old for this?" Why don't people understand that Pokemon is more than just the game where you run around with Pikachu and catch Pokemon. Thats what most people think, and its not true. It annoys the crap out of me.

mattgcn
June 6th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Bro: Why do you play this gay crap?
Me: Because it's fun
His friend: But it's gay, and it's for little ****ers.
Me: How is it gay?
Bro: Just look at it, it's gay
Me: You are the most illogical mother*blank*ing jack*** I know. Explain how it's gay!

-_-

Bhati
June 6th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Heh, sounds like something that people at my school would say. Everything, and I mean everything, is gay at our school.

Eliana
June 6th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Pine- they actually dont do anything. they actually just say "Pika!" they are such lame losers

Pine
June 6th, 2004, 06:00 PM
o_o
If you were reading the posts carefully, I was talking to jynx. I obviously already knew what they did to you, because you already told us.

Sudowoodo_prince
June 6th, 2004, 06:40 PM
Well, let's try to see stuff from their point of view,
and see what makes it 'kiddy'...
*A main character who often flirts with the opposite sex nearly whenever available, even police officers, and nurses.
*villans which brutally get blasted off every episode and miraculously survive, despite being exploded in that hot air balloon so many times.
*386 pokemon, something you'd need good memory to remember.
*pokemon which fight and fight until one of them faints, and ends up scratched and stuff.
*Mentioning of many legends, which not many little kids can even understand.
So, considering all that, pokemon must be kiddy!
(I'm being sarcastic, you can tell.)

Pine
June 6th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Heh. It is kind of funny how few reasons there are for pokemon to be kiddy. But I do question the plot that the show follows...I wish it could have a bit more depth...

Kenny_C.002
June 6th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Here's the one I've experienced:

*guy walks in, says "PIKA!!!" in lame voice, sees that he's ignored, walks away*

Idiot. :P

Pine
June 6th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Are you sure he was even trying to make fun of you?

jynx
June 7th, 2004, 01:45 AM
Here's the one I've experienced:

*guy walks in, says "PIKA!!!" in lame voice, sees that he's ignored, walks away*

Idiot. :P
Apparently, everyone in HKPMA does that!
I was involved! :P
Nearly all Pokemon Fans hate Pikachu in Hong Kong...

Eliana
June 7th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Sorry Pine lol thats the problem with forums i dont read posts well enough *blush* well thats pretty much it... except yup i also get the "pokemon is gay" stuff to....people just dont get it do they?

jynx
June 7th, 2004, 09:34 AM
What does Gay actually mean though?

Porygon
June 7th, 2004, 09:58 AM
Depends. Either homosexual or happy. I prefer it meaning "happy"… at least it's not derogatory then…

AngelWolfie
June 7th, 2004, 11:23 AM
The worst insult I have ever encountered is one that my mom uses all the time. "Why does Pokemon still interest you!? It's for little kids!"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... and guess what! She's the only one that cares! Even my friends (who have only recently found out) don't care. ARG!
Sorry to hear that...Seems like a mother would be more mature than that...Heck, my mom likes pokemon 0o;; She is fascinated by psyducks...

AngelWolfie
June 7th, 2004, 11:24 AM
What does Gay actually mean though?

(Sorry about yet another double post -_-;; )
It is when a man loves aanother man, or a woman loves another woman...
But it can also mean happy! :)

Ryoutarou
June 7th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Well it's most american mothers think that children should be out and about playing sports. That my friend is what we call the "soccer mom".

Eliana
June 7th, 2004, 11:32 AM
8th graders also claim i look at "digimon and pokemon porn" when im just looking at pictures of lugia...... they have serious problems.....

jynx
June 7th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Porn is really another thing I don't like.

Especially when ppl add 2 extra "dots" on a Jynx in front of me! Know what I mean ya?

Eliana
June 7th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Yup, I know what your talking about Jynx. And that is horrible. Im sorry that is so horrible and disgusting!

jynx
June 7th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Absolutely disgusting! Especially when they are Pokefans as well, when you really don't want to tell them off. And sometimes when they are my seniors(that means they have higher knowledge in pokemon) I really don't have the courage to even tell them.

Machamps line, Manectric, Kirlia are also porn emitters! Poor things...

And their are a lot of games out there, where you score points and the more you score, the Haruka or Misty in the background takes of a little bit of clothes. Litterally when you finish the game, the Haruka or Misty end up n@ked. YUCK!!!!!!!!!

Eliana
June 7th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Thats horrible! okay i have nothing against people who hate pokemon. but they dont have to hurt other peoples feelings in the process~!

jynx
June 7th, 2004, 11:46 AM
The problem is, its normally PokeFans that play those games!
Urgh~~~~

Pine
June 7th, 2004, 03:51 PM
O_o (an ominous silence at the thought of these evil people who torture the likes of us.

sdp
June 7th, 2004, 04:38 PM
I'm a senior in High School, i doubt anyone would make fun of me for liking pokemon.

Mew13
June 7th, 2004, 05:38 PM
That's cuz you have authority. Then there's us lowly underclassmen who have no power and cannot inflict fear on the hearts of our peers....

Pine
June 7th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Unless... (Stupid Message Length Rule)

Bhati
June 7th, 2004, 06:16 PM
That's cuz you have authority. Then there's us lowly underclassmen who have no power and cannot inflict fear on the hearts of our peers....
Yeah, being a freshman who is picked on for likeing Pokemon, can you imange? Talk about a living ****... :dead:

Jirachi3
June 7th, 2004, 07:10 PM
The lamest crap I got was when I was in Fourth grade and I had a pokemon card in my hand and a kid started calling everybody over to see and he said"Look he likes Pogayman!"and I said "I bet you like Barney " and he ran off crying

Berkut Nightwolf
June 7th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Normally, I try to lay low with my liking of Pokemon, being a soon-to-be junior in high-school, I really don't think it would get a good rap if I talked about it openly with my friends. But whenever I let out that I like it amongst a large group of people (mostly made up of friends who like it as well) I get the usual insults, much of which has been listed here. I'm actually quite amazed at how common the "Pokemon is gay" and it's variants show up with everybody. I've gotten that on several occasions before, and I can never seem to counter it with a good comeback. The aggressors seem to not be able to comprehend the English language. Oh well...

But one of the greatest things that I have ever heard walking in the hallways of my high-school was a couple freshmen talking about Ruby and Sapphire strategies. They refered to the different Pokemon correctly along with the names of the characters and gym-leaders. I noticed they lowered their voices a bit as I past by, and I seriously considered doubling back to talk to them, but I changed my mind, thought I'd let them go on with their business. But I had one of my rare genuine refreshed smiles on my face as walked down the rest of the hallway. I thought that it was a wonderful thing to hear that there are others in my school who still like Pokemon, and actually, there was a suprisingly abundant amount of these people.

I have to admit, if you lay low and don't let it out that you enjoy Pokemon, you'll be amazed as to the amount of people you'll overhear talking about it in a positive way. I think it's pretty darn cool actually. Though it's unfortunate I'll probably never be able to talk to these people, share common interests in the game, anime, manga, whatever.

AngelWolfie
June 7th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Machamps line, Manectric, Kirlia are also porn emitters! Poor things...
Manectric? 0o;; How's he a porn emitter? ...That's like saying a dog is one...

Timbjerr
June 7th, 2004, 10:09 PM
And there are a lot of games out there, where you score points and the more you score, the Haruka or Misty in the background takes of a little bit of clothes. Litterally when you finish the game, the Haruka or Misty end up n@ked. YUCK!!!!!!!!!O_o

where exactly can I find those? can you send me the URL for one via PM?
This could just be the rough street aspect of my personality talking, but I see nothing wrong with anime pornography, posting links to it here is bad though...

jynx
June 7th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Manectric? 0o;; How's he a porn emitter? ...That's like saying a dog is one...
You know, when you play GBA, what does Manectric's back look like?
Looks like a swear sign! <---Not my own opinion!!!!

Re tmbjr:
Fortunately, they are not English sites! They are either Japanese or Chinese.
I don't play them so I have to ask them next time I go to Hong Kong.

SailorLilith
June 8th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Heh...

For some reason my mom kept on saying 'Pokemon' today...

I have not got any insults, if I did, someone would be missing a pEn!$... if it was a girl, I'd let them be...

Then again... If a boy came in contact with me... they'd have five seconds to not get their pEn!$ ripped out...

Only in reality though... virtual is fine... as long as it's only contact... :p ...

Oh and a while back my mom was also suggesting names for my Pokemon babies... That was back when I loved breeding... still do...

Eliana
June 8th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Jynx are you serious? REAL POKEFANS PLAY THOSE GAMES! look what society is doing to innocent people! we should take a stand! i mean, we dont laugh at THEM for doing something WE dont like now do we?

sdp
June 8th, 2004, 11:29 AM
I only felt ashamed of liking pokemon in 8th grade, in 7th grade i didn't care too much, it was only in 8th grade when i did, but once i started freshmen year i realized i really didn't care what anyone thought. And true, no one ever made fun of me, so that was when i was a freshmen. Most people think it's either, cute, weird, or lies. If someone would have ever actually made fun of me it would be dumb because i could make fun of them in so many other ways. I'm typing this for people who are ashamed of liking it, i mean what are they going to say "pokefreak"?? that's dumb, because pokemon is for kids? just make fun of them how they think they are all grown up and mature. I mean you should be the ones making fun of them, they think they are mature for watching MTV while mtv is the dumbest mainstream channel ever.

Eliana
June 8th, 2004, 11:32 AM
YuP! I tottaly agree with you! the only problem is, the kids in my grade who DO like pokemon besides me and my friend are total freaks! but guess what? as far as I know, im the only one who gets picked on! i guess its my luck o_0

Porygon
June 8th, 2004, 11:36 AM
*sigh* I miss the days when I could do my Porygon tracings in class and not have to worry about anything but the teacher nagging me for not being on task…

Eliana
June 8th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Lol good thing is teachers dont tease ya about liking it!

sdp
June 8th, 2004, 11:44 AM
What grade are you guys in?
It seems jr. high, maybe even before is probably harder since at that stage kids want to be "grown up" so they start getting into "grown up" stuff and try to bring down the kids that don't.

Atleast you guys are not poseurs.

Eliana
June 8th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Lol sdp you are correct i am in middle school but no i dont wanna grow up XD. i dont care if kids bother me about pokemon.....okay maybe i do bu i dont go crying and making a huge deal out of it

Jess
June 8th, 2004, 11:47 AM
I like Pokemon.. Just not much as I use to :P I have lots more stuffs to do.lol But no noone makes fun of me for like Pokemon O_O Im almost a Sophomore too.

>_<

Eliana
June 8th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Wow- you are lucky. very very lucky. i wish no one would tease me. feel special about that. lol.

Da_Green_Teddy
June 8th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Some kid actually told me "Man, you're immature for still liking that pokeman thing!" Pokeman LOL

†Magnet†
June 8th, 2004, 04:12 PM
At my school I've got laughed at once. There was this guy and he says this:

Kid: "Yo David, you're a loser!"
Me: "Hah, dont talk about your self like that man!
Kid: "What're gonna do about send out a Pokemon to beat me up?"

After that I just walk-away, but what the Kid said, was LAME!

Eliana
June 8th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Lol your right that was lame!

Imakuni?
June 8th, 2004, 04:26 PM
i miss the day when i could talk about pokemon in class without the teachers making fun of me...

Eliana
June 8th, 2004, 04:42 PM
What? they would do that to you! thats soo o mean!

Bhati
June 8th, 2004, 04:52 PM
My teachers probaly would too. I don't know why they would, but I can see my teachers saying something like ...

"Look a Pi-KA-chuuu (average person's way of pernouncing Pokemon stuff)." and then go on about various things, sort of like when they read notes outload, but the embrasament would probably be worse.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
June 8th, 2004, 06:51 PM
I think there's also an unwritten rule entitled "Leave moderating to the moderators."

You're not a forum leader, just as I'm not a member of the Grammar Police. If I were, I'd condemn you for horribly misspelling the word "censor" and just generally typing incoherently. But like I said, I'm in no position to do so. ='(
You took the words outta my mouth. I wish these members would stop being wannabe MODs and minding thir business, it's so annoying.

jynx
June 9th, 2004, 01:35 AM
i miss the day when i could talk about pokemon in class without the teachers making fun of me...
The teachers that teach in my primary schools got annoyed with me...
because all of my compositions contain Pokemon!

The Chinese teacher even gave me 50% for my Chinese composition! XDDD
(English is 85%)

Eliana
June 9th, 2004, 05:47 PM
Lol today, i was talking to a 3rd grader (dont ask) and he knew i went to the pokemon TCG world wide championships. then for the next 30 min he was going "pokemon championship? that is soooo geeky! why would you do that *blah blah*"

Da_Green_Teddy
June 9th, 2004, 06:10 PM
I've been teased far more in my years for wearing an ash hat than for simply likeing Pokemon, though.

jynx
June 9th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Lol today, i was talking to a 3rd grader (dont ask) and he knew i went to the pokemon TCG world wide championships. then for the next 30 min he was going "pokemon championship? that is soooo geeky! why would you do that *blah blah*"
You could say, "Well, one of its age group is 15 and over, which I'm participating in!"

Pine
June 10th, 2004, 08:04 AM
You know, this may be off topic but...I just remembered...It was funny...Okay. Think about this...

Male Jynx

I caught one in my Gold Version

jynx
June 10th, 2004, 08:29 AM
WHAT ON EARTH!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?!?!?

Are you serious!?
Ewwwwwww......................is your Gold version a fake?

Pine
June 10th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Nope. It's real. That's why it's so controversial. Because it's real. And I don't think a guy would have man bo()p$ that big :P

Porygon
June 10th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Yes… let's get back on topic before an evil dictator closes the thread XD

Merzbau
June 10th, 2004, 11:59 AM
i dont have one 4 anything about pokemon. everybody thinks im over it so i havent got insults since 4th grade. but they said 2 years ago about yugioh

"Why do you play Lugeyman? It's stupid and ur gay if u like it"

Merzbau
June 10th, 2004, 12:00 PM
i dont have one 4 anything about pokemon. everybody thinks im over it so i havent got insults since 4th grade. but they said 2 years ago about yugioh

"Why do you play Lugeyman? It's stupid and ur gay if u like it"

My response was "whoa u must be a huge fan of it then

Pine
June 10th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Heh, a duplicating hammer.

The only thing gay about pokemon is a male jynx. :P lol

Steeleon
June 10th, 2004, 12:12 PM
No body knows I like it. They think I got over it in 3rd grade with everyone else, and actually I did I staretd likign it again about a year ago. So I havn't gotten any insults.

Mew13
June 10th, 2004, 05:06 PM
hehe, that's about my story too!

jynx
June 11th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Nope. It's real. That's why it's so controversial. Because it's real. And I don't think a guy would have man bo()p$ that big :P
Ewww...they are even bigger than microwaves! XDDD *vomits*
That's REALLY gay. :P *Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllk! Tooooooooooo~~~~!!!*
------------------------- ----------------------------------------
Who cares likeing Pokemon?
Everyday, I fill school computers with Pokemon sites.
I fill my bedroom cupboard with Pokemon stuff, and my Pokemon toys just lie around the whole room!
Everyone in the boarding house knows that I like Pokemon.

Setokaibarocket
July 6th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Yeah, people call me a nerd because I like pokemon and yugioh. Once I came to school as a rocket, and 2 times as an aqua. I don't care what people call me. If they think pokemon is nerdy, then they are the nerds.

Jolty-kun
July 6th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Omfg dude O__O, do not post in threads over a year old, letalone a month, omfg i also posted in this thread XD

Natsuki
July 6th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Meep. :< This is way old. Please do not revive old threads guys. ^^; (old thread = hasn't been posted in for over a month XD)

~Kelsey