PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone beat Mysterial on set 8?

Pikapower!
August 2nd, 2007, 08:32 PM
He's highly annoying.:shocked:
He has a team full of legendaries, and has luck all the way through the battle. I'd say he's the most annoying person i've EVER battled in my life.
Anyone have any tips on how i can beat him easily?

Pkmn Trainer Alex
August 2nd, 2007, 08:42 PM
Eh, I only tried Set 8 once so far. After his Kyogre unexpectedly outsped my Weavile and Choice Scarfed Gallade, and proceeded in sweeping my entire team with Water Spout, even those resistant to water, I just kinda gave up. I'll try again once I think of something. XD Seems I'll have to cancel out that auto-rain of his first...and go from there. -.-

Always and Never
August 3rd, 2007, 12:38 AM
His Kyogre is Choice Scarfed, believe me, it took me almost 10 tries to beat him, but I have.

You get a crap battle pass too.

I recommend Kingdra and CS- Heracross. Kingdra for Dragon Pulse, and Double speed in Rain, CS- Heracross for Megahorn and all of there Psychics.

superman71
August 3rd, 2007, 06:11 AM
i used a lv.100 abipom, a lv.100 milotic, a lv.100 metagross, a lv.100 arceus, a lv. 40 darkrai, a lv.100 snorlax, and yes the pokemon did not become bad eggs because there legit

Black Ice
August 3rd, 2007, 05:02 PM
...legit...Arceus? Huh?

Heck, I haven't even gotten past Set 6...

Maybe you should also use legendaries or try to copy his team or or something.

Faceless*
August 4th, 2007, 06:28 AM
I know what you mean, Choice Scarf Kyogre with Blizzard or Water Spout (with Rain Dance is nasty, totally nasty) can give you quite a scare.... Try putting a Choice Scarf Electivire to eliminate Kyogre ^^ (Keep in mind, Kyogre has a monster SP. Defense, 140) Vaporeon, or Lapras can defeat Kyogre, if you can lure it using a water, or ice type attack :)

wakachamo
August 4th, 2007, 08:39 AM
darkneos, please just shut up. *deletes posts* You've been warned.

Luminous_Reaver
August 4th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Eh, I only tried Set 8 once so far. After his Kyogre unexpectedly outsped my Weavile and Choice Scarfed Gallade, and proceeded in sweeping my entire team with Water Spout, even those resistant to water, I just kinda gave up. I'll try again once I think of something. XD Seems I'll have to cancel out that auto-rain of his first...and go from there. -.-

Or otherwise take advantage of it.

Thunder? =D

Faceless*
August 7th, 2007, 06:18 AM
Or otherwise take advantage of it.

Thunder? =D

Well Luminous, Kyogre has a monstrous SP. Defense, 140, and since Thunder is a Sp. Attack, its not very good. Leaf Blade, Thunder Fang, Thunderpunch are the move recommended on Kyogre (Choice Scarf Gallade, Choice Scarf Electivire ^^)

Always and Never
August 7th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Yeah, but if you use leaf blade, it's not very good against the rest of his pokemon.

Metagross is also pretty good against these guys. Fire and Ground are his only weakness, but none of his pokemon really have that.

Luminous_Reaver
August 7th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Well Luminous, Kyogre has a monstrous SP. Defense, 140, and since Thunder is a Sp. Attack, its not very good. Leaf Blade, Thunder Fang, Thunderpunch are the move recommended on Kyogre (Choice Scarf Gallade, Choice Scarf Electivire ^^)

Choice items make me weep though. D= I can't stand losing my movesets, not only that but using Solar Beam with my Typhlosion is good enough. Power Herb lets me use it right away, too. The first time, anyway. =D

I've only ever beaten him once, so if you want to consider me lucky then go ahead. =o

PoetikaL
August 8th, 2007, 07:36 PM
I finally beat him today after like a million tries:

My Full 6 Team:

Kyogre
Darkrai
Arceus
Palkia
Mewtwo
Lugia

I used:

Kyogre W/ Lum Berry
Water Spout
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Rest

Mewtwo W/ Focus Band
Protect
Psychic
Ice Beam
Aura Sphere

Arceus W/ Zap Plate
Shadow Ball
Thunder
Judgement
Ice Beam

Palkia W/ Lustrous Orb
Ice Beam
Thunder
Surf
Spacial Rend

I managed to use my Darkrai before, he was effective, but Mysterial's Manaphy kept using Calm Mind, and I did try the Dark Void, Nightmare Bad Dream Combo, but I then realized Manaphy has Hydration, and since Drizzle was in effect, it cured it's sleep. I was close to that battle.

(NOTE: My Arceus is Semi-Legit, and my Darkrai is the Japanese Glitch one)

Always and Never
August 10th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Yeah, but you used all legendaries. The trick is to beat him with Non-Ubers.

PoetikaL
August 10th, 2007, 07:36 AM
You don't think I tried that?

My Killer Team (It even beat legendaries in a snap)

Glaceon
Electivire
Salamence
Feraligatr
Gallade
Tyranitar

That's my Legend killer team. And they lost horribly.

Gigatongatlingman
August 10th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Two things:

1) I beat him.

2) My pokemon were hacked,(but didn't come up as bad eggs:) )

~Mithos~
August 10th, 2007, 10:27 AM
I haven't even goten there yet, I hate pokemon battle revolution other then the wifi battles.

Ichida
August 10th, 2007, 11:09 AM
...legit...Arceus? Huh?

If it came from Hall of Origin, it's legit, meaning only the event to find it was hacked, so it's the real deal Arceus.

Anyways, I'm still on Set 7, but thanks for the tips.

jigglyppuff8
August 10th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Don't forget that if you are using diamond, you'll face: Kyogre, Lugia, Manaphy, Palkia, Latios, and Mewtwo. If you're using Pearl(like me) you'll be facing the opposite: Groudon, Ho-oh, Cherrim, Dialga, Latios, and Mewtwo(movesets are different for the last two.)
I can never beat him. I always end up just KO-ing 3 of his pokemon only to have his dialga finish me off.

Ichida
August 10th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Cherrim. XDDD. No sweat. The Pearl team are mostly slow-yet-offensive Pokemon, so all I have to do is outspeed them.

Always and Never
August 10th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Diamond are fast. You even saw how frustrated I would get with his cheap Palkia and cheap CF-Kyogre.

His Palkia knows Surf, Ice Beam, Flame Thrower, and idk, so the only thing that was effective was Kingdra, with its double speed in rain ^_^

PoetikaL
August 12th, 2007, 07:35 PM
For the Diamond Pokemon:
Kyogre has Water Spout and Thunder, that's all I know
Palkia has Thunder, Surf, Ice Beam and Flamethrower
Latios has Dragon Pulse... I think Ice Beam as well
Mewtwo has Thunder and Psychic
Lugia has Calm Mind, Aeroblast and Psychic
and Manaphy has Calm Mind and Ice Beam...

Only attacks I know of from that team.

Pkmn Trainer Alex
August 12th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Wait, Pearl gets a totally different team? One I can actually beat? This is the first time I've felt disappointed in my decision to use Diamond. XD

Oh well. I'll find a way around this. Haven't actually tried Set 8 again yet, but it does seem much more simple now, with all the strategies here. And thanks for the possible movesets. Seems the only ones to really worry about are the Water-types, and those with Thunder...

Shiraishi
August 12th, 2007, 11:36 PM
I can always use a soul dew Latios for him >:D that thing is a monster ;x

PoetikaL
August 14th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Just a note, I made a edit with another move Lugia, his main move Aeroblast.

Chibaymega12
August 23rd, 2007, 06:02 PM
uh, yeah, every one should....xD

Sean Kingston
August 23rd, 2007, 08:42 PM
i tried but i havent yet. I'm going to try again someday

Akon
August 23rd, 2007, 08:56 PM
i did. t hat **** is hard du.. aw man im cussin again. im sorry.

Always and Never
September 2nd, 2007, 06:48 PM
...kay.

You see, I love how this turns the rest of PBR to shame. All the ubers is amazing as this last bout against Mysterial. He must be quite a traveler getting all those legit ubers.

...Maybe he is a hacker...

00kmilo00
August 11th, 2010, 11:27 AM
i had to use my legendaries poke to win
i used:
Deoxys-Choice Scarf (to outspeed CS Kyogre)
Jirachi - Choice Band
Arceus - Silk Scarf (swords dance and extremespeed)
Dialga - Adamant Orb
Palkia - Lustrous Orb
Ho-Oh(Nicknamed Wahoholote xD) - Life Orb
only dialga and palkia had items the first 2 times I battled with this team, but when i used the items, mysterial only managed to defeat my deoxys xD

Jak
August 11th, 2010, 01:35 PM
This is from 2007 and the OP isn't even on PC anymore. Yeah, you know this is a great thread.

Murdered.