PDA

View Full Version : CARD GAMES OOC DISCUSSION THREAD!

Scarlet Weather
August 3rd, 2007, 04:33 PM
EAT YOUR HEART OUT, JYUKAI.

That's better. hey, why isn't my shift key working/ did i burn it out/

Okay, enough with the formalities. All those involved in Card Games can come here to ask questions, laugh, joke about the rp, and essentially put stuff that would be considered spammage if it were posted. XD

To give it a little more purpose, CC on decks can be made as long as said CC is asked for. Like me. I want to be yelled at for my n00by wanderers.

Extric
August 3rd, 2007, 05:20 PM
Wow ACC, after reading your made-up cards it's inspired me to make some of my own since I don't run my current deck to good. Oh also, I noticed something in one of your card descriptions:

Wandering Hero
4*/Warrior/Effect
Atk 1700/Def 1500/Light
When this monster is normal summoned, special summoned, flip summoned, or flipped face up, you may search your deck for one equip spell card and equip it to this monster. Afterwards, discard one card from your hand. If this monster would be destroyed as a result of battle, you may destroy its equip spell card instead.

You've already said flip summoned so you don't need the "flipped face up" since flip summoning is flipping you monster card face up into attack mode. ;)

Alter Ego
August 4th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Lex, that's incorrect: Flip Summon only occurs when you, on your own turn, flip your monster from face-down defense position to face-up Attack Position. However, the Hero's effect is also meant to trigger in case your opponent flips it up (by declaring an attack against it or activating a spell like Swords of Revealing Light). That wording is absolutely correct. There's a subtle difference between flip summoning and flipping face-up. Consider cards like Stealth Bird. If the birdie is attacked or flipped by a card effect, its effect doesn't trigger but if you Flip Summon it yourself it does 1000 damage to the opponent. Big difference there. :3

But...*Twitch* I want to growl at Peace's deck...*Twitch* But yeah, suffice to say that you seriously need the heart of the cards to pwn anyone short of a complete n00b with that deck. Fully agreeing with ACC's judgement: even Joey Wheeler from the anime uses a more consistent one, and that's saying a lot. :\

Anyways, ACC, since you asked: first off, United We Stand is still limited to one per deck, yet you have three. Dispose of those duplicates, because you have a blatant weak here: no spell or trap removal at all. .__. At the very least you should throw in Mystical Space Typhoon and Heavy Storm, because otherwise stall players like Tacey are going to walk all over that poor boy (Lawl, stall cards left right and center). Also, -2 Bad Judgement, +1 Mirror Force, +1 Ring of Destruction would be advisable. Those are standard field-cleaning measures and you can't always count on having enough monsters in your graveyard for Skull Lair. Also, seeing as how the wanderers are mostly swarming type monsters you should avoid having an empty field like the plague, meaning that your opponent shouldn't get that many direct attacks on you anyways. Heck, you could even drop that third copy for Premature Burial. I'd also like to see a copy or two of Shrink in there since your wanderers can't really handle tribute monsters that well (not to mention that they help your wizard's spell recursion ability a lot. As it is, that one won't be very likely to have anything worthwhile to bring back), possibly drop a copy each of wizard and healer to make room. I'd also like to suggest considering Sangan in there since four of your wanderers are at or below the 1500 Atk mark, but if you want to keep the monster lineup thematically pure that's fine. ^^

And fine, since I've been criticizing anyone is free to return the favor. Just make sure to give some actual arguments as to why something should be removed or replaced. No touching Curran and Pikeru, though; they're there for my character's sentimental reasons. :3

As for custom cards...well, I originally planned to play my parasite demons (Remember those, ACC? :3) but they were just...not my character's style at all, and it seems sort of late to come up with a new card set...unless of course we're allowed to change cards in mid-RP; but I assume that's not the case.

Scarlet Weather
August 4th, 2007, 04:29 AM
Actually....

Well, technically there would be no reason for a deck to be changed in mid-RP, but if somebody could come up with a reason I'd be happy to allow them to. It would have to be a good reason though. And I didn't ever specifically state that characters could not own more then one deck, especially rich ones. I never took that into consideration.

So I figure if you spent enough time working on history and throwing a single deck together, a second one will be fine as long as there's an explanation of great logic for its existence.

Alright... nevermind. Nobody can criticize me about my wandering deck anymore. (Just kidding, just kidding...) Anyway, I made some edits, so hopefully it is now okay.

Parasite Demons? I love those little buggers. But you are definitely right when you say they don't match your character's style at all. I was kind of hoping for a cameo from your alphabetical beast monsters, since I thought those things were the funniest monsters ever created. XD

Phanima
August 4th, 2007, 06:06 AM
I have to agree with Lex on his first statement, that to ACC, you've inspired me somewhat. I've decided to withdraw my character for the time being, and have deleted her sign-up sheet from the RP. I will be constructing an entirely new deck based around my new character, as of my current submission no longer sits well with me. I may make my own cards or if the RP has begun, I will assemble official cards for my deck. Until then, I'm afraid I have to withdraw. Hopefully, I'll be back in time, but do not postpone the RP because of this.

EDIT: To ACC, I apologise again, as the deletion of my post has warranted the appearance of you double posting.

Alter Ego
August 4th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Lawl, the alphabetical beasts would be good for a laugh, but the problem is that they're horribly disbalanced (some in relation to each other, some maybe in relation to the whole dang game) and probably have some seriously messed up ruling issues to contend with on account of being monster that like to be treated like spell cards. xD Plus, there's not nearly enough of them for a whole deck, even if I include the dreaded L-Hound. Parasite demons might make a cameo, though, depends on how things work out. :3

Anyway, does Tacey being a spoiled rich brat with a crapload of cards who can't make up her mind and ended up making decks for multiple occasions count as a logical excuse? If not then I'll just have her whine for better cards from her dad because she got bored with her original deck. I have excuses aplenty in store...trust me. xD

Btw, 3x Twister for what could have been dealt with by 1x Heavy Storm seems like sort of a weird choice. I mean, the Wizard can pull Storm and Typhoon back up and you also need your LP for The Road Goes Ever on so even that 500 LP cost will stack up far faster than you'd like. There's no need to shy away from storm just because you play continuous cards; odds are that you'll run into duplicates so you can quite happily nuke a single copy or two while devastating your opponent's backfield without suffering from it to any notable degree. Plus, the closer you are to 40 cards the smoother your draws will be. :3

Scarlet Weather
August 4th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Very true, AE. L-Hound? *Dies laughing* Oh, I almost totally stole the Alphabetical Beasts for Achan's deck. They're just too funny to waste. But hey, in this case "insanely rich" is a good excuse for having lots of different decks. If I were insanely rich, I would buy out Pegasus and take all the good cards for myself, for heaven's sakes! Just in passing, what is it with you and rich characters? You've had one in both of the roleplays I created. (Okay, first one died 'cause I felt like nobody was posting so I let it get emo and commit suicide, but it still counts!)

Phanima... HOW DARE YOU!?!?!

Just kidding. Return soon!

JBC: Forgot to answer your question earlier. No, there's no specific card-ante rule during the tournament, and you are allowed to buy new packs as long as you are within distance of a shop that sells them, which probably won't happen until we reach Domino City. (I wish I knew what Domino City was called in the Japanese version.... ah, whatever. I'll figure it out.)

Extric
August 4th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Lex: Forgot to answer your question earlier. No, there's no specific card-ante rule during the tournament, and you are allowed to buy new packs as long as you are within distance of a shop that sells them, which probably won't happen until we reach Domino City. (I wish I knew what Domino City was called in the Japanese version.... ah, whatever. I'll figure it out.)

Umm... I never asked that question. I think it was JBC in the RP thread. Oh, and I'm almost finished with my custom deck so I should be editing my profile real soon. I'm going to also change the character's history a bit also, so I can match up with the custom cards.

Scarlet Weather
August 4th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Good for you, Lex. Now move aside. XD

JBC: As stated before, your deck needs therapy. Even Jaden's Deus Ex Machina hero deck beats it. 0_o

Alter Ego
August 5th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Ehh...rich people just tickle my fancy. ^-^ Actually, the original character I had in mind (Parasite demon player :3) was quite different, but when I got that sign-up sheet in front of me Tacey just cruelly shoved him out of the way and I just had to go with her. She threatened to bite. o.o

Btw guys, do remember rule number eleven of the RP when making those cards. *Pokes the appropriate section* I could sort of use comments on the new cards there since I might end up making my character use them. :3

Extric
August 5th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Okay, I decided not to use my created cards today, but instead use them for a fanfic I plan to wright. Instead I created a new deck and I edited my profile. Here is the new deck:

Monsters
1 Jinzo

3 Destroyersaurus
3 Hydrogeddon
3 Gigantes
3 Card Trooper
2 Tyranno Infinity
2 Exploder Dragon
2 Giant Rat
1 Injection Fairy Lily

Spells
3 Shrink
3 Smashing Ground
2 Soul Release
2 Nobleman of Extermination
2 Brain Control
1 Snatch Steal
1 Machine Duplication
1 Heavy Storm
1 Confiscation
1 Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Ring of Destruction

Scarlet Weather
August 5th, 2007, 01:44 PM
"Write", not "right" Lexy-boy. You'll have to learn too used right grammar when you are writing an fanfic. Anyway, new decklist can go on your profile, since I don't see anything wrong with it. Go ahead, now. *wicked smile*

Extric
August 5th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Whoops, typo. I forgot to put the 'w' while I was typing, so I'll change that now. Oh, and my grammar is better when I'm actually writing a story because i put more effort in it than I would anything else.

Alter Ego
August 6th, 2007, 04:44 AM
Whee...the royals were approved, so Tacey has now gone through a full deck change. :3 Lookie. *Pokes edited profile* Too bad I couldn't fit Sharpshooter in there, but such is life. ^-^

Extric
August 6th, 2007, 06:38 AM
I've got a question about one of your cards Alter:

Royal Justice
Spellcaster/Effect
4 Star/Light
1000 Atk/ 1200 Def

Whenever you negate the summoning, effect, or attack of a card controlled by your opponent, inflict 500 points of Direct Damage to your opponent, and if 'Court of Nobles' is on your Field discard a card at random from your opponent's Hand.

Why did you put Direct Damage into the effect. I thought Direct Damage was the damage taken when a monster attacks the player directly so would this just be:

inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent's life points

Alter Ego
August 6th, 2007, 06:48 AM
No, all damage done by monster attacks is considered to be battle damage. Direct damage is everything done outside of damage calculation. I took that term straight from Tremendous Fire, while Fire Princess just says 500 damage. Either way, the life points bit is redundant with the new wording practice. =O *Shrug* I'll just remove the 'direct' part.

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses
August 7th, 2007, 10:33 AM
I have fixed up my deck a little, if there are any issues please do not hesitate to ask.

Scarlet Weather
August 7th, 2007, 02:53 PM
I notice that you've replaced many of your fake cards with Alter's, Fallen. I hope you asked permission on that and you plan on giving him credit, because stealing other people's stuff without permission is a no-no.

You should probably edit all monsters so that whether or not they are yours, they all read "Arcana Force" for the sake of continuity. In addition, you probably should have waited for the "make your own card" people to declare Alter's cards not broken. (I doubt that any of them are overpowered: if anything, compared to the original Arcana Force monsters two or three of them are a bit underpowered.)

I'm going to put my foot down and say that you need to give Sun a better effect, update Judgement slightly, and perhaps even toss a few of your fusions in favor of a few "game staple" cards. Okay?

Still Pending until then, pal.

EDIT: All made-up cards taken without the explicit permission of their creator are officially considered contraband. I had hoped that nobody would steal cards from anyone else, but it seems that I must make this clear. This offense, if unchecked, may result in immediate expulsion from the premises.

typeZERO
August 7th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Alright ACC I just finished up the Home Country section. I put in Domino City , Japan for it. That okay?

Scarlet Weather
August 7th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Duly noted. You may sit down now, Omega. It's a good thing this thread is pretty much for spammage, because that post didn't really say all that much.

Anyway, does anyone else want their deck to be critiqued? Anyone?

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses
August 7th, 2007, 07:24 PM
I've asked alter and he hasn't anwsered yet.

Loki
August 7th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Alter Ego is male, FAMoBR.

And, this thread isn't for spam ACC. ^^

Alter Ego
August 8th, 2007, 02:43 AM
I've asked alter and he hasn't anwsered yet.

Hmm...now could that be because I live in a different time zone and was fast asleep at that time? -.- Honestly, if you had just asked nicely and waited patiently I would actually have consented. However...

You just plain took those cards without asking for permission, and no, you didn't even ask me about it before you did so, this I know because the PM I got from you had arrived later than the one I got from ACC, meaning that you must have swiped the cards first. Plus, that request itself was not that brilliantly phrased: I mean, don't I get an apology for the fact that you took them without permission or credit or even a 'please'? <_< Sorry, but that was the final straw. People just claiming things I put time and effort into without asking for permission is one of my biggest peeves. No arcanas for you; case closed.

The cards in question are, however, up for grabs for anyone who has enough in the way of common courtesy to ask before taking. :3

Oh, and I also added in the home country field. Tacey is now officially British like Bakura. =D

Scarlet Weather
August 8th, 2007, 05:00 AM
Alter Ego is male, FAMoBR.

And, this thread isn't for spam ACC. ^^

The Avatar confuses people. (Ooh... an unconfirmed gender... which is different from everyone else on the web HOW?)

Saying this thread isn't for spam? HOW DARE YOU!?!? Still, point taken. I didn't mean spam spam anyway.

Fallen_Angel: Burn damaged. Stealing other people's stuff is a no-no. I might have been merciful to you had you not tried to cover up, but stealing and then lying about it is unforgivable, especially where children's card games are concerned. BANNED LIKE CHAOS. NEVER RETURN.

Anyone else want to pull off petty theft? *transforms into Yami Bakura*

Alter Ego
August 11th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Actually, chaos did make a comeback of sort with the sky scourges...*Shot*

ZOMGlul Phanima signed up. (Although with all due respect; you should still copy-paste the descriptions of your custom cards in there.) Now we can begin, right? Oh, and I made a last-minute deck change of -1 Trap Jammer, -1 Negate Attack, -2 Reinforcement of the Army, +2 Noblesse Oblige, +2 Judgment of the Princesses. Both custom cards in question have been approved in 'You Make the Card' and their effects have been added to the list. I've also edited Tacey's history to explain the presence of the royal cards and elaborated a bit on her personality because I felt like it. :3

Also...Phanima's character is also rich? I smell rivalry. xD

Phanima
August 12th, 2007, 04:06 AM
About time too, eh? Well, I've been busy making up really broken cards to be fixed and after my warning I thought I'd deliver before ACC penalised me permanently. *Pats Fallen's empty seat.

Anyway, there's my sign-up for approval. The history was a complete rush job and his appearance was chimera-ed from cliche anime males, but now it's done, so I'm content.

Also...Phanima's character is also rich? I smell rivalry. xD

Bring it on! Heh.

Alter Ego
August 12th, 2007, 04:52 AM
Bring it on! Heh.

You say that now...but be warned: Tacey bites, and since Michel is older and male he's technically not allowed to bite back. :3

Dang, now I really want this to start. xD Awwright...going to go do something productive instead of OOC spammage while I wait.

Scarlet Weather
August 12th, 2007, 03:27 PM
*Guns down everyone in excitement*

ATTENTION DUELISTS! IT JUST FREAKING STARTED!!!!!!!

And Pegasus is still needed for a short time, Alter, so you have to wait a bit longer before you control him. Sorry :)

RIVALRY IS FOR POKEMANZ! *shot'ed*

Alter Ego
August 13th, 2007, 02:01 AM
ATTENTION, ROLEPLAYERS! I HAVE MADE MY ENTRY POST AND THERE'S A SMALL ABRIDGED REFERENCE! *Shot for mimicry*

That's a-okay about Pegasus. I think Tacey alone is quite a bit of writing work for me early on. xD

Aaanyways...

RIVALRY IS FOR POKEMANZ! *shot'ed*

Oh, face it: you're just jealous because Achan couldn't afford a rival half as wealthy or obnoxious as my little character. ;D

Scarlet Weather
August 14th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Oh, face it: you're just jealous because Achan couldn't afford a rival half as wealthy or obnoxious as my little character. ;D

If Tacey keeps acting like she is, though, Achan's going to be more then willing to take her down a peg or two. I forgot to mention that he completely detests arrogant rich peoples. (More on that later, though. It's one of those things about his character that he has a good reason for that doesn't need to be revealed in the sign-up.)

Man, if this keeps up it's going to turn into a private roleplay with Alter and I as the only members. WHERE ARE YOU OTHER PEOPLES? *executed by Queen of Hearts for impatience*

Phanima
August 14th, 2007, 03:38 PM
I was actually waiting for some of the others to post before I'd get into any detail and was planning on posting after the others had gathered, but it's been a day or so and nothing. I guess I could join you two since I'm already in the vicinity, but your argument is kind of interesting.

Alter Ego
August 14th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about the others. Maybe give them a PM-based poke as a reminder of what they signed up for?

If Tacey keeps acting like she is, though, Achan's going to be more then willing to take her down a peg or two. I forgot to mention that he completely detests arrogant rich peoples. (More on that later, though. It's one of those things about his character that he has a good reason for that doesn't need to be revealed in the sign-up.)

Ahh...but it takes two people to make a rivalry, and Tacey could never think of someone below her own income class as a true rival. She might get a bit jealous about the wanderers, though. We'll see...but do remember that she's still under the impression that Achan is her fanboy and that won't be easy to dislodge. She has VSH, you know. ;3

And by all means, Phanima, do bring Michel along; he and Tacey could have a richness competition and drive Achan mad. xD

Scarlet Weather
August 15th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Oh, Achan is already mad. In fact, I think he just went boom. XD

Anyway, I think I've found a way to keep the tournament running while at the same time allowing our characters an occasional loss if they need one for character development purposes. And a way to force them to keep together. (Oh, you're gonna love this...)

Anyway, Alter and Phanima, thank you for posting thus far. If anyone else would like to start upping the post count, let me know.

typeZERO
August 16th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Apparently , Rurian is running into a little romance already , and seems to be ignoring everything else. While Achan and Tacey are still in their talking I guess? I sense an argument about about continue , am I right?

Phanima
August 16th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Anyway, I think I've found a way to keep the tournament running while at the same time allowing our characters an occasional loss if they need one for character development purposes. And a way to force them to keep together. (Oh, you're gonna love this...)

Oh, character development sounds nice, but Michel is pretty stubborn and can get kind of testy when he loses, not that he will anytime soon...

Anyway, the forced fellowship sounds evil...but entertaining!

Apparently , Rurian is running into a little romance already , and seems to be ignoring everything else. While Achan and Tacey are still in their talking I guess? I sense an argument about about continue , am I right?

I think there's something wrong with your "<" key or spacebar Omega, because I keep seeing spaces on both sides of a comma whenever you use one.

._.

Hokay, Tacey just sent one of her flunkies to apprehend Michel and he has no clue what's coming (neither do I). Should be interesting...

And the ceremony is pretty much set isn't it? Should we wait or move on?

Scarlet Weather
August 17th, 2007, 04:07 AM
It's set, but I wish Lex and JBC would post. I was hoping everyone would be assembled. As it is, the ceremony will be starting later today, once I recover from my "Just-woke-up" writer's block. XD

Jim
August 20th, 2007, 04:06 PM
ACC accepted me after many Card wording issues (thanks to AE for teh fixings), here I am.

Name:
Edward 'Ed' Pepper (I was drinking Dr. Pepper whilst thinking of a name, so shoot me.)

Home Country:
Canada (It's so great to be home... In Canada, I wanted to choose England but I think there was a few people from there...)

Personality:
Ed is a very hot headed and easily angered young man that never thinks things through. He is perceived by many to be extremely arrogant bully, but in reality he is just extremely arrogant. The 'bully persona he constantly adopts is this is just a his way of keeping himself safe from other bully like individuals that Ed is actually extremely scared of. Ed only opens up too people that he has a very close bond with, some people who Ed considers friends don't actually know the real Ed, he sees this himself as an advantage so nobody can pick at his weaknesses and exploit his fears. The boy isn't exactly a genius, but he dumbs himself down nonetheless. Despite this he is very logical and strategical, which is is main strength when he duels and for regular everyday situations. He is known to occasionally blank out and be vacant; to the point where he doesn't notice his duelling opponents moves if they don't announce them very loud. and is very forgetful.

Ed has a short concentration span for most things but duelling, things that Ed find 'boring' are not worth his time cause his mind to wander to other things. Using his 'bully' exterior he likes to help the victims of bullying and loathes each an every bully, even himself when he gets carried away with his 'bullying'. His biggest downfall though is when he is broken down he is a nervous wreck. He just can't handle high pressure at all. He is immature when he can be but acts very cultivated and cultured when the time calls for it. He loves all animals, especially Skunks, who're misunderstood for their natural defences.

Appearance:
Ed is described of having the 'build of an Ox'. He has very broad shoulders and is quite wide as a result. He stands a moderately normal height of about 5” 11' with his shiny jet black hair up in spikes on top and at the back; in contrast the sides of his hair around his ears really short, dank, dry and thin. His sparklingly clear, pure sky blue eyes are he polar opposite of his hair, yet as dazzling as they are they are sort of piercing and intimidating when Ed stares at something or someone. After attending Duel Academia for two years he decided to keep his Ra Yellow blazer and wear it for special tournaments like this, (this also makes his opponent believe he's weaker than he is). He sports the Yellow blazer open with the collar turned up. Underneath it is a plain white shirt and he wears a pair of incredibly dark, navy blue denim jeans/pants/trousers. He also sports brown fingerless mitts that he only wears in duels; obtained from Duel Academia as a gift for winning a little class tournament they hosted one day. Another perk of attending the Collage for Card games was the free Academia styled Duel Disk system... With Windows Vista technology.

History:
Born and raised in his native land of Canada, he lived a regular average life, until about the age of 10. At the age of 10 Ed fell victim to the biggest bully in his school. Day after day he was emotionally and physically bullied and humiliated, month after month. By the time he was 12 he had no confidence in himself or anybody around him, he didn't even trust his parents. On one regular day he was being chased once again by the bully, but for some reason as he got to the turn point for his street, which he usually sprinted down every singly day he turned and entered the woods behind his house. As he was being chased a Skunk was watching. The frightened Skunk instinctively unleashed it's natural defensive mechanism; the foul smelling fluid, Ed dodged but the same couldn't be said for the bullies.

Two month later the card game craze 'Duel Monsters' reached Canada. Ed at first thought the craze was pointless, until he heard of Duel Academia. He then started buying the cards like crazy, for the soul purpose of being able to enter the Academy. He didn't even like the cards he just wanted to build a deck strong enough so he could enter and escape his bullying troubles. A year later his Father had taken advantage of the industry and became a card designer, he was eager for his son to enter the Academy and created the unique 'Ancient Skunk' set of cards especially for his son.

After two years at the Academy he developed an interest in the cards and decided to enter a few tournaments, therefore leaving the Academy. He never got past the preliminaries the first few times but eventually he made it to the semi-finals of a tournament in London and only lost because of the extreme pressure and the mind games that his opponent was playing (the mind games, causing the pressure)on him, he couldn't think straight and lost the duel. After hearing of the King of games title Eds' father created 3 new Skunk cards (Arc,Morph and Chaos) and Ed enthusiastically entered and hopes to do exceedingly well, though he more than likely won't win.

CARDS:
(Customs)

Customs:

Jet, Skunk of the Sea.
4*/ Beast/Effect/Water
Atk:1500/Def:1300
When this card is summoned successfully (Including Flip Summon) and there are no other monsters on your Field, draw two cards. Otherwise, discard one card from your Hand.

Stinky, Skunk of the Wasteland
4*/ Beast/ Earth.
Atk:1900/ Def: 900

Static, Skunk of Thunder.
4*/ Beast/Effect /Light
Atk: 1700/Def 1300
If this card is discarded from your hand to the Graveyard by a card effect, you may Special Summon one 'Static, Skunk of Thunder' from your deck.

Scout, Skunk of the Forest.
4*/ Beast/ Effect/Earth.
Atk: 1000/Def: 500
During your Main Phase, shuffle this card from your Field to your Deck to Special Summon one level four or lower 'Skunk' monster from your Deck. If this card is destroyed as a result of battle Special Summon it to your Field and increase its Atk by 1000. At the end of the turn this card is Special Summoned by this effect it is destroyed.

Morph, Skunk of a Different Dimension.
5*/ Beast/ Effect/ Dark.
Atk: 2100/Def: 1200
Once per turn, you may tribute one 'Skunk' monster on your field in order to select one 'Skunk' monster from your deck and show it to your opponent. For the remainder of the duel, the name of this card is considered to be the name of the monster you selected. When this card is destroyed as a result of battle it is removed from play. When this card is removed from play you may pay 300 life points to special summon a monster with the same name as this card from your deck.

Arc, Skunk of a Higher Plain.
1*/ Beast/ Effect/ Light.
Atk: 0/ Def: 0
This monster is not destroyed as a result of battle at any time, although damage calculation is applied normally. When this card is sent from the Field to the Graveyard, you may pay 700 Life Points. If you do, this card is Special Summoned to your Field on your next Standby Phase.

Blaze, Skunk of Wild Flames.
6*/ Beast/ Effect/ Fire.
Atk:2300/Def:2300
When this card is sent to the graveyard you may special summon two 'Blaze Tokens' (Beast-Type/FIRE/Level 3/ATK 500/ DEF300) in Defence mode. These tokens can not change their battle position other than by a card effect. Whenever a 'Blaze Token' is Destroyed inflict 500 points damage to both players.

Hurricane, Skunk of the Wind.
5*/ Beast/ Effect/ Wind.
Atk:0 Def: 3000
This card cannot be used as a tribute. If this card is changed into Attack position by the effect of an opponents, increase your life points by 1000 and remove this card from play.

Terra, Skunk of the Earth.
4*/ Beast/ Effect/ Earth.
Atk: 400/ Def: 2100
While this Card is in face-up defence position it can attack the opponents life points directly.

Plasma, Leader of the Skunks.
7*/ Beast/ Effect/ Earth.
Atk: 3000/Def: 2300
When this card is summoned successfully, add one 'Skunk' monster from your Graveyard to your hand. While this card is face-up on the Field, your opponent may not select any other 'Skunk' monster on your Field as an attack target.

Vice, Hero of the Skunks.
9*/ Ritual/ Effect/ Beast-Warrior/ Earth.
Atk: 3500/ Def: 1000
This monster can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, “Heroes' Flute”. You must also offer monsters whose total Level Stars equal 7 or more as a Tribute from the field and/or your hand. Do not apply regular damage calculation when this card destroys another card by battle. When this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, inflict damage to your opponents life points equal to the the ATK of the destroyed monster. Increase the attack of this card by 500 points for each Equip Spell Card equipped to this card.

Arc, Skunk of the Highest Plane.
9*/ Fusion/ Fairy/ Light.
Atk: 0 Def: 3400
(Arc, Skunk of the Highest Plane)
This monster cannot be normal summoned or set. This monster can only be special summoned with the effect of 'Ascending to the Highest Plane' While this card is in face-up Defence position on your Field, you may draw one additional card during each of your Draw Phases. During each of your Standby Phases, if this card is on your Field in face-up Attack Position, gain 1500 Life Points

Heroes' Flute.
Ritual Spell card.
This card is used to Ritual summon 'Vice, Hero of the Skunks' you must also offer monsters whose total Level Stars equal 7 or more as a Tribute from the field and/or your hand.

Sacred Sword of the Skunks.
Equip Spell Card.
This card can only be equipped to a 'Skunk' monster. Increase it's attack by 500 and Destroy any monster that battles with the equipped monster. When this card is destroyed inflict 200 Points of direct damage to your opponent.

Ascending to the Highest Plane.
Spell Card
Remove from play one 'Arc, Skunk of a Higher Plane' from your Field or Hand to Special Summon one 'Arc, the Skunk of the Highest Plane' in face up defence position from your Fusion Deck.

Skunk Hunk.
Spell card.
You can only activate this card if there is only 'Skunk' monsters on your side of the field. Destroy all Monsters on the field and Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower 'Skunk' from your Hand.

Calling of the Skunk
Spell Card.
If there are no face-up "Skunk" monsters on your side of the field, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Skunk" monster from your hand or Graveyard in face-up Attack position.

Swamp of the Skunks.
Field Spell
Increase the Atk of all 'Skunk' monsters by 500 Points. When a Skunk monster is Special Summoned Destroy one Spell or Trap card on the Field.

Skunk Stink Cannon.
Continuous Trap.
You may only activate this card when your opponent declares an attack that targets 1 'Skunk' monster. Destroy the attacking monster then you may equip this card to any 'Skunk' monster. The equipped monster gains 500 Atk points and losses 500 Def points.

Vampire Skunk.
Counter Trap.
You may only activate this card when your opponents attack targets a Skunk monster. Negate the Attack and Increase your life points by the Atk of the attacking monster. Decrease your opponents Life points by half of the Attacking monsters Atk points.

Kamikaze Skunk.
Normal Trap.
When this card is activated, Special Summon one 'Kamikaze Skunk Token' (Beast-type/Earth/Level 1/ 0 Atk/ 0 Def). Each time your opponent declares an attack, place one counter on each 'Kamikaze Skunk Token' on your opponent's Field (Maximum 5). A 'Kamikaze Skunk Token' with five or more counters on it is destroyed. 'When a Kamikaze Skunk Token' is destroyed, inflict 200 damage to the controller of the token for every counter that was on the token.

Chaos, Skunk of Life and Death.
8*/Fusion / Effect / Beast /Earth.
Atk: 2500/ Def: 1500
(Arc, Skunk of a Higher Plain. + Morph, Skunk of a Different Dimension.)
This card is not destroyed in battle except when battling LIGHT or DARK attribute monsters (Damage calculation is applied normally). On the end of a turn where this card was involved in Damage Calculation, destroy all monsters on the field that battled with this card.

Char, Skunk of Dead Wood.
8*/Fusion/ Effect/ Beast/ Earth.
Atk: 2900/ Def: 2100
(Scout, Skunk of the Forest. + Blaze, Skunk of Wild Flames.)
This monster cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon. When this card is destroyed as a result of battle Special Summon 3 Wood Tokens (Plant-type/Earth/Level 1/ Atk 0/ Def 0) in defence mode, on your side of the field. Tribute one '”Wood Token' Token to special summon any Skunk monster from your hand, deck or graveyard (ignoring the summoning conditions),with 3 Level stars or less. Tribute two 'Wood Token's Token to special summon a Skunk monster from your hand, deck or graveyard (ignoring the summoning conditions) with 4 stars or less and Tribute three 'Wood Token's to special summon a Skunk monster from your hand, deck or graveyard (ignoring the summoning conditions) with 7 Stars or less.

Wave, Skunk of Currents.
8*/Fusion/ Effect/ Beast/ Earth.
2500 Atk/ 500 Def.
(Jet, Skunk of the Sea. + Static, Skunk of Electricity.)
This monster cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon. During battle between this attacking card and a Defence Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent. If this card attacks. If this card is destroyed, destroy 1 monster your opponent controls.

(Electrical Waves and Currents, Water Waves and Currents. Me so clever. And Puntasticasl)

Decklist (47|5)

Monsters (20)
Jet, Skunk of the Sea x2
Static, Skunk of Electricity x2
Scout, Skunk of the Forest x3
Morph, Skunk of a Different Dimension x2
Arc, Skunk of a Higher Plane x1
Blaze, Skunk of Wild Flames x2
Hurricane, Skunk of the Wind x2
Terra, Skunk of the Earth x3
Plasma, Leader of the Skunks x1
Vice, Hero of the Skunks x1
King of the Swamp x1

Fusion Monsters (5)
Chaos, Skunk of Life and Death x1
Char, Skunk of Dead Wood x1
Wave, Skunk of Currents x2
Arc, Skunk of the Highest Plane x1

Spell Cards (15)
Heroes' Flute x1
Sacred Sword of the Skunks x2
Skunk Hunk x2
Swamp of the Skunks x2
Raregold Armor x1
Horn of the Unicorn x1
Poison Fangs x1
Wild Natures Release x1
Polymerization x2
Ascending to the Highest Plane x1
Calling of the Skunk x1

Trap Cards (12)
Skunk Stink Cannon x2
Vampire Skunk x2
Kamikaze Skunk x1
Beast Soul Swap x2
Trap hole x1
Mirror Force x1
Negate Attack x1
Ultimate Offering x2

Other:
Arc, the Skunk of a Higher Plane MAY be his Duel spirit if I choose for him to have one, I'm unsure yet.

Time to read through the whole RP, you crazy people and your addiction to Roleplaying...

Phanima
August 21st, 2007, 12:59 AM
Welcome Jimz ♂, I guess it was clear a while ago (but I thought I'd reiterate it now) that you're the seventh member of our team.

Although, we might end up shorthanded if JBC and Lex don't show up very soon. Each of them haven't been here since mid-month and I don't know how long we can drag the RP out until they return. If we move ahead, will we still keep it open so that they can join in or just make up some excuse as to why they haven't shown up?

I'm also guessing that altering Decks is prohibited now eh? Frost kind of hit me with a stick of inspiration and I thought I might as well unstaple my Deck a little. Anyway, if Deck alterations are now out of order, how about side decks?

Scarlet Weather
August 21st, 2007, 04:16 AM
Once again, I will point out that as long as your character has a justifiable reason in the bounds of the RP and doesn't change decks so often nobody can keep up with his decklist, changes to the deck are OK. Well, and all new fake cards need to be approved first.

Alter Ego
August 21st, 2007, 09:53 AM
Oh boy, if Achan keeps going at the current rate he'll get challenged to a children's card game...or worse. And in this case 'worse' means a lot worse than a slap. x_O I honestly wasn't expecting Achan to get so...hostile. Oh well, it's his funeral. But do remember...those bodyguards aren't just there to protect Tacey from the public; they're also needed to protect the public from Tacey. ;D Seriously, though, she's going to become a nervous wreck unless someone learns to at least tolerate her. Tacey...doesn't take rejection too well. xP

Scarlet Weather
August 21st, 2007, 11:23 AM
I just had this mental image of Achan and Tacey going super-saiyan and duking it out. XD Keep in mind that Achan is really not intimidated at all by Tacey since he has no real respect for anyone richer then he is, due to a combination of subconscious jealousy and a sense of justice that dictates 'everyone who lords it over another is bad'. To have him just back down and be submissive to Tacey would be pretty OOC.

And you never said I couldn't bunny your NPCs.

Alter Ego
August 23rd, 2007, 06:36 AM
Nyu, sorry for the lack of posting recently. We had a major thunderstorm yesterday morning (Which, considering my chosen metaphor, seems rather ironic xD) which messed up a bunch of trains, temporarily silenced nearly every radio station in the country and screwed up my internet connection. Plus, I've been in a slump when it comes to writing lately. Oh well, hopefully it should be letting up now. :3

Anyways, I think that your last IC was a pretty nice solution; neither one is really winning (And they certainly shouldn't! At least not yet. >O) but they now have a justification for not being physically at each other's throats all the time. xD

Oh, and will there be some actual dueling soon? I want to have a go at it too. It's no fair that Achan got a head start. =O

Jim
August 23rd, 2007, 02:37 PM
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to drop out, my computer is dead. I'm using somebdoy elses right now obviously >.> but I'm sorry, until I can get my hands on a Vista disc I'm out. ¬_¬

Scarlet Weather
August 23rd, 2007, 02:38 PM
Oh, yes. Just allow me to summon Tacey a little... competition.... *grins wickedly*

Of course, keep in mind that since at this point in the roleplay all duels are PC vs. NPC, unless it goes against the plot you can pull random opponents from thin air, like I did with farm boy and midget gangster.

And we'll hold a spot for you Jimz, we'll just move the plot along as if your character was in the background. (Lex has already given permission for bunnying of his character so long as the basic personality, etc. are unchanged and we don't initiate any crucial plot developments with him.)

Phanima
August 23rd, 2007, 02:43 PM
These NPC duels that we're allowed to create, do they count as official tournament matches for the first round?

Scarlet Weather
August 23rd, 2007, 02:50 PM
Yes, if the opponent is a registered participant in the tournament.

(By the way, I have to ask everyone a favor: Don't duel original series characters! Not yet, anyway. There's a plot point connected to a certain one, and I don't want it to be messed up. Plus, the Original Series characters's decks have changed, more then a little, in the past few years and I want to make a point of how each one has changed.)

Phanima
August 23rd, 2007, 03:52 PM
Alright. However, I'm still unsure if Achan's previous match against the two jockeys counted as our team's first win, since the announcement said something along the lines of the tournament starting in 24 hours, which in the RP's time, obviously hasn't elapsed.

EDIT: Welcome back Jimz, heh, we missed you.

Jim
August 23rd, 2007, 03:53 PM
Oh, yes. Just allow me to summon Tacey a little... competition.... *grins wickedly*

Of course, keep in mind that since at this point in the roleplay all duels are PC vs. NPC, unless it goes against the plot you can pull random opponents from thin air, like I did with farm boy and midget gangster.

And we'll hold a spot for you Jimz, we'll just move the plot along as if your character was in the background. (Lex has already given permission for bunnying of his character so long as the basic personality, etc. are unchanged and we don't initiate any crucial plot developments with him.)

*Is exstatic* I fixed my computer with my Elite Haxxor skills ^_^ (I litterally pressed 3 random buttons and everything was fixed, I have to re download absalutley everything but who cares, plus now I have no viruses plus everything was formatted Woo!)... In short I can participate again.....

Alter Ego
August 24th, 2007, 04:51 AM
ZOMG, quick question: am I allowed to control what the newly created NPC says and does? Both in and outside of duels? Because, you know, otherwise this might get a bit tricky. :3

Anyways, yay for the restored computer! ^.^ Now if only Ed got his big entry post...:3

Jim
August 24th, 2007, 04:53 AM
Nyah! The cosmic forces of stuff don't want me to participate, I'm going on holida/vacation (what ever you kids call it nowadays) tommorow morning. So I need to get a post in before then!

Scarlet Weather
August 24th, 2007, 05:09 AM
ZOMG, quick question: am I allowed to control what the newly created NPC says and does? Both in and outside of duels? Because, you know, otherwise this might get a bit tricky. :3

Anyways, yay for the restored computer! ^.^ Now if only Ed got his big entry post...:3

Yes, you may. :3

*Is exstatic* I fixed my computer with my Elite Haxxor skills ^_^ (I litterally pressed 3 random buttons and everything was fixed, I have to re download absalutley everything but who cares, plus now I have no viruses plus everything was formatted Woo!)... In short I can participate again.....

You sure they weren't "Control, Alt, Delete"? XD

Jim
August 24th, 2007, 07:12 AM
You sure they weren't "Control, Alt, Delete"? XD

Zat waz zee second thing zat I tried after Alt+Tab *shoots you* XD You missed my last post >O

Scarlet Weather
August 24th, 2007, 07:49 AM
You mean the vacation one? No, I didn't miss it. I just figured that you'd be able to participate when you got back, and since your character would be involved we'd just stick with the original "hold a spot for Jimz until he gets back" plan.

Jim
August 24th, 2007, 08:03 AM
You mean the vacation one? No, I didn't miss it. I just figured that you'd be able to participate when you got back, and since your character would be involved we'd just stick with the original "hold a spot for Jimz until he gets back" plan.

Yes but you need to state that with a quote of my post so people like me will understand... Everyone knows that.

Scarlet Weather
August 27th, 2007, 03:47 AM
Yes but you need to state that with a quote of my post so people like me will understand... Everyone knows that.

Oh, really? I didn't know I'd have to quote you just so you'd understand you were going on vacation. XD

Alright, for those of you who were daft enough to miss the crazy text in Jimz's disabled signature, he's not going to be able to participate in this roleplay until he gets back from holiday/vacation. (Here in the US it's usually called vacation, I have no idea where any of you all are from so just pick the appropriate term. :3) This is why he hasn't posted yet.

JBCPeace, on the other hand, is basically AWOL.

Phanima
August 27th, 2007, 05:28 AM
Hmm, I thought Jimz had some time to post before he left, but it can't be helped.

Anyway, just a query about cards for NPC's. Are toon monsters commercial nowadays or are they restricted to Pegasus only? Also, what would happen in the result of a draw? Would both players replay the duel or both get disqualified?

Alter Ego
August 27th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Nyu, that's a good question about the toons. As far as I know there is no mention of them being commercially released - or instance of anyone other than Pegasus playing them - in the original YGO or GX, but hey; it's your show, ACC. :3

Oh, and since you mentioned no dueling core characters yet...would it be okay if I staged a Tacey vs Pegasus duel later on? She's still so miffed about the whole team thing that she's bound to file a complaint, and it would just be so...Pegasus-like to settle the dispute by a children's card game. That and I want to put some of my made-up toon cards into action. xD

Scarlet Weather
August 27th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Yes, a Pegasus duel would be fine once we reach the point in the plot where he shows up. (Which won't happen until after NYC, which I still have one or two things planned for. We need to quickly move this arc ahead, so I'm going to psuedo-bunny all the characters of the non-posting roleplayers into one spot so we can move it along.)

As for toons being commercialized, I'd say that they are but they're extremely rare, meaning you'd need to search for a long time to obtain them. That would offer an explanation as to why Toon Decks aren't seen very often.

Phanima
August 29th, 2007, 05:15 AM
Geez, those NP characters look enticingly playable, AE, but is anyone else having one of those moments where the leader of the group goes on a wild chase after the main villain while the rest of the team stay back and fight the evil guy's subordinates in a super cool sacrificial tear-bearing scene?

Hmm, just me? Figured as much...

Oh, and I'm going to assume that both Rurian and Achan's second duels were unofficial, right? Since we're only allowed to duel once per round, hmm...

Scarlet Weather
August 29th, 2007, 06:00 AM
Either that or their first duels were, since both matches were played with four thousand instead of eight thousand. Gawd, I'm such a loser at this game... >.< Guess I have a bit of learning to do. Maybe I should go on a sabbatical during my first week of school? XD

Yesh, the "internet-Japanese-speaking-girl-and-her-scary-friend" post made me cry out in envy. Curse you for your skill at roleplaying, Alter Ego.

Well, that depends on who the leader of the group is. Achan isn't competent enough, Tacey's too much of a snot, and Michel is too wrapped up in his own evil plot for any of them to be the leader. (Okay, let's face it, Achan and Rurian are both incompetent). So who's the leader, then? Alright, one of us needs to come up with a character that duels like heck and isn't a moral sinkhole right now, so we can enact Phanima's tear-jerker! *shot*

Alter Ego
August 29th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Nyu, on Ben Kai; I reckon' Big Bang Shot could be used too, depending on the situation; Scapegoat adds in a lot of good damage, of course, but you can compensate by more equip spells too. There's more than one way for Benny-boy to go for the kill so as long as you get an end-sum of 8000+ it's all good. ;D With United + Scapegoat you get 9000 total (two 4500 power attacks), but defense squatters hurt your damaging potential so if you want to work with that you'd have to to make sure that there either aren't too many of them around, or slap on Big Bang Shot for not only an extra attack but that nifty damage pierce. Ben Kei rises to the occasion. :3 Basically, Ben Kei decks run a crapload of equips, a couple of Iron Black Smith Kotetsus to dig them out and a bunch of draw and search effects to get Ben Kei into the game as soon as possible while Asura Priest and equipped-beyond-remorse Mataza the Zapper keep the field clear. As far as I know, the Scapegoat + United combo alone is only for empty fields, though. x3 Oh, and I just realized; since Shrink only takes half the monsters' original attack power it does next to nothing in helping you against Ben. (measly 500 damage off for two attacks) =O Regardless, for visualization purposes, here's a decklist for a Ben Kei OTKO:

Monsters (14)
3x Armed Samurai - Ben Kei
1x Asura Priest
3x Iron Blacksmith Kotetsu
3x Magical Merchant
3x Mataza the Zapper
1x Morphing Jar

Spells (22)
3x Axe of Despair
3x Big Bang Shot
1x Card Destruction
1x Giant Trunade
1x Heavy Storm
1x Level Limit - Area B
1x Lightning Vortex
1x Mage Power
2x Magical Mallet
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Nobleman of Crossout
1x Premature Burial
2x Reinforcement of the Army
1x Scapegoat
1x Snatch Steal
1x United We Stand

Traps (4)
1x Gravity Bind
3x Solemn Judgment

Real extreme-end Ben Kei probably uses even less monsters, but there you go. Not ideal, but the basic concept is in there; buffed up multi-attackers backed by a deck digging engine of Blacksmiths, Merchants, Jar, Mallet, and Card Destruction. Mataza and Ben Kei hit straight below the belt of Level Limit, and Trunade lets you bring back equips to your hand for re-attachment and has some neat synergy with Big Bang Shot and Premature Burial. Solemn Judgment is the final panic button; if something you really can't afford is about to happen; play it. :3 I'd say that Thunder Dragon and Card Trooper are also viable thinning options, particularly the latter since it translates into another beatstick that can smack beneath Gravity Bind and Level Limit. Anyway, there's no need to feel like a n00b for not knowing Ben Kei OTKO's full extent. It is a rogue deck after all, and I'll have to admit that I had to google my way to a YGO forum to find a decklist to base this on. :3

Aaanyway, they had a leader? xD *Shot* But yeah, some kind of noble sacrifice thing would be fun at some point. I mean, that's so Yu-gi-oh!, I love it! Tacey could be all 'Yeah, I'm not only smart, cultured, pretty, and talented; I'm magnanimous too'. Oh, and my little NPC duo could contribute in creating the situation since they're not really the type to care if they're inconveniencing someone else when they decide to play a children's card game with them. ;D

Oh, and it just occurred to me; since the new banlist is coming around in September, will that be reflected in the RP or do we stick with the old one? =O There's some pretty major changes this time around, including the ban of Ring of Destruction and (again) Snatch Steal. Fissure, Smashing Ground, Brain Control and Card Trooper got knocked down to one per deck too. As counterweight; Magician of Faith is unbanned (I think it's back at limited again) and the same goes for Breaker the Magical Warrior. There were some other changes too, like Jinzo, Nobleman of Crossout and Pot of Avarice rising to two per deck. Aww...what am I babbling for, the new list is right here (http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/yugioh/en/gameplay/forbidden/advanced_current_new.aspx). See for yourself. :3

Scarlet Weather
August 29th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Okay... wow. I need to get a few more YGO cards, because at present my card pool (and knowledge thereof) is infintessimally small. 0_o

Either way, I just went through the trouble of editing that whole duel while still keeping the Limit Break, etc. the same so I'm not going back to change it again unless someone can come up with a completely different duel with the same type of finishing blow. (Does it actually say original attack? I thought it just said "attack") In the future, I'm avoiding OTK vs. Wanderer duels. I mess up too often. I'll just lurk around the Make Your Own Card thread and throw in random decks for Achan's opponents.

As for the new banlist, I'm not sure. I suppose that we'll have to wait and see... maybe Pegasus will suddenly and inexplicably enact a new ban? Keep in mind that I need an explanation for any banlist changes. Anyone willing to help with that, go ahead.

(Hmm... new justification for sucky Ben Kai OTK thing: Natsumi is primarily a Warrior's Toolbox player, but her signature finisher is Ben Kai.)

EDIT: Whoah... guess they decided to semi-limit gadget. A lot of the useful D-Heroes are getting limits slapped on them too. Aw, man, I happen to lurf Ring of Destruction, but I guess I'm going to have to replace that in Achan's deck... oh boy.

Alter Ego
August 29th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Mmmhmm...that works just fine. Scapegoat would probably be in there (Particularly if it's Warrior/Earth Dual Toolbox) and United We Stand and a single Ben Kai for a surprise OTKO don't seem like too much of a leap of faith. Seriously, though, like Frostweaver said; we don't need to stick to competitive cannon here. ^^ Also, if you want to play OTKO why not go really rogue and just make up a whacky one of your own? (Take my pet OTKO combo Toon Dark Magician Girl + Inferno Reckless Summon + Megamorph = 8000 direct damage for instance. xD). Or how about the not-so-famous-but-very-amusing Tyranno OTKO? Ultimate Tyranno with Big Bang Shot chowing down three Ojama Tokens for 8700 damage in total.

Me, I learn these things by being a good little YGO geek and reading articles about decks on the internet. x3 Oh, and I just realized: Card Trader would rock the socks of any deck that needs to dig out specific cards as fast as possible and Ben Kei OTKO is really no exception. :3

Scarlet Weather
August 29th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Well, primarily because I wanted a quick warrior OTKO and Ben Kai just jumped out at me. Heheh....

Yeah, I'll be experimenting with a few other deck types for the next few rounds. In the meantime, I've got a question: would giving Jonouchi a normalcy deck sound ridiculously off? I have a feeling that it would suit him. (Heart of the Underdog ftw)

Alter Ego
August 29th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Well, primarily because I wanted a quick warrior OTKO and Ben Kai just jumped out at me. Heheh....

Yeah, I'll be experimenting with a few other deck types for the next few rounds. In the meantime, I've got a question: would giving Jonouchi a normalcy deck sound ridiculously off? I have a feeling that it would suit him. (Heart of the Underdog ftw)

Well, Jonouchi's style has really been gambling from the start (Dice Jar burn ftw! Naaah, that would be more Duke Devlin), and as I recall he hated being called Underdog (and was giving Yugi the deathstare for saying that Heart of the Underdog reminded him of Junoiuchi), but you know; he might have matured over the years (and pigs may fly), so I don't see why not. :3

Scarlet Weather
August 29th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Well, Jonouchi's style has really been gambling from the start (Dice Jar burn ftw! Naaah, that would be more Duke Devlin), and as I recall he hated being called Underdog (and was giving Yugi the deathstare for saying that Heart of the Underdog reminded him of Junoiuchi), but you know; he might have matured over the years (and pigs may fly), so I don't see why not. :3

Hey look, there goes one now! XD

Well, now I'm concerned. What is Dice Jar Burn? And where are all these deck articles coming from? I need a new resource for this roleplay, dagnabbit!

Alter Ego
August 30th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Ehh....Dice Jar burn is just a burn deck that uses Dice Jar. I don't think there's any official build like that since gamble decks aren't really in, but here's a purely off-the-top-of-my-head one using the new banlist:

Monsters (21)
2x Crystal Seer
3x Des Koala
2x Des Lacooda
3x Dice Jar
1x Magician of Faith
2x Mask of Darkness
1x Morphing Jar
3x Morphing Jar #2
1x Nigh Assailant
3x Stealth Bird

Spells (9)
3x A Feather of the Phoenix
1x Book of Moon
1x Level Limit - Area B
3x Recycle
1x Swords of Revealing Light

Traps (11)
2x Magic Jammer
1x Mirror Force
1x Gravity Bind
3x Threatening Roar
2x Secret Barrel
2x Solemn Wishes

Probably full of blindspots, but whatever. Basically, the idea is to set a bunch of flip monsters (Including our good friend Dice Jar) on your field with Morphing Jar #2, cover them with stall cards and start flipping. Lacooda, Morphing Jar, and Crystal Seer help you to dig through your deck faster, Magician of Faith and Mask of Darkness pull out expended stall cards over and over again, and Morphing Jar #2 puts them back in the deck so you can flip them again later on (And sets up a new line of flip effects for a repeat performance), A Feather of the Phoenix sets up any lost flip monster in preparation for either being drawn next turn or set by Morphing Jar #2 this turn and Recycle acts as an optional way of recurring used spells and traps (Note that since Morphing Jar #2 makes you shuffle your deck, the stuff Recycle puts at the bottom can end up at the top). This is really a bit more focused on Morphing Jar #2 (Since this is also our main method of keeping dangerously-sized beatsticks off our opponent's field) but Dice Jar can give you a quick burn finish. Unfortunately, because of its gamble nature, it can also finish you quickly. But hey; such is life. Magic Jammer is there because one card this deck absolutely detests has just gone up to semi-limited: Nobleman of Crossout. If Morphing Jar #2 gets crossed...well, let's just say you don't want to see that happen. It's also a safeguard against the standard S/T removal methods and Solemn Wishes keeps your LP up so you have more than enough to pay for Recycle or an occasional Dice Jar backfire.

As for articles...well, you can always try Metagame.com (http://www.metagame.com/DesktopDefault.aspx) since they get a new article about once a day on average (not to mention that they have a card searcher (albeit a somewhat lacking one) and decklists from the official tournaments) although admittedly not all of them are about deck builds. You'll probably find more if you just google for them, I imagine. :3

Scarlet Weather
August 30th, 2007, 03:59 AM
Alright, question on rulings because I think I've figured out how to save face with the "misplayed Achan duel of death" while not changing the information involved so drastically that it plays out like a completely different game, thereby forcing everyone else's characters to change their posts as well.

Question: Can twister or mystical space typhoon be activated on the opponent's turn during the battle phase and used to target an equip spell card such as United We Stand on Ben Kai?

Alter Ego
August 30th, 2007, 04:04 AM
Ohh...yeppers, as long as you set it it's all good. A set Quick-Play Spell can be activated just like a Normal Trap, so you can activate it in response to say...an opponent's attack. :3

Scarlet Weather
August 30th, 2007, 04:26 AM
Ah, then there's my out. My post will be updated in short order.

Oh, and I actually edited my "AUGH! I AM SUCH A N00B! I AM TECH SUCCORZ!" post so that some actual plot development occurred. Go check it out.

In America

So, the plot has come to a standstill. Due to this, tomorrow I am planning to fast-forward things a bit by introducing an odd NPC villain-type person. (GASP! PLOT DEVELOPMENT!)

Of course, I may need some help with his deck...

Alter Ego
September 18th, 2007, 01:50 AM
ZOMGWUTOOCTHREADBUMP!!! =O

Naah, as if a rules prick like me would ever do such a thing. xD Anyways, I just noticed this:

Note: To those who it may concern, I will be taking a leave of absence from the forums starting from September 14. I apologise to those who are associated with myself through RP's, and ask that the Game Masters take appropriate actions in either bunnying my characters or removing them completely.

Thought I'd point it out in case you didn't notice it. So yeah, it seems like Phanima will be absent for an unspecified amount of time too. Oh my...our cast is shrinking again, isn't it? x.O

As always, I'm up for helping out with the deck and all that shizzle. :3

Frostweaver
September 24th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Dice Jar has to go coupled with Barrel Behind the Door. It works, because dice jar's burn counts as card effect damage. A really risky but huge reward combo of 6000 burn damage ^^ Situational now that ring is gone, but Dice Jar is too dangerous without it XD;

Quick Play Spell if set, can be treated as a normal trap. If they are not set, you can play them like normal spell of course. In addition, you can also play them like a normal trap directly from your hand even if they are not set, if it is your turn.

For example, I attack your Green Gadget with Cyber Dragon. You chain Rush Recklessly on to Green Gadget. However, I can keep chaining with Shrink against Green Gadget, playing Shrink directly from my hand since it is my turn.

Scarlet Weather
September 26th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Wow, I was always wondering if you could do that. XD

Anyway, villain makes his first appearance. (Ooh... creepy...) And I'm going to make an announcement here: The next RP day is going to be opened by whoever posts next, so all you have to do is have your character wake up and walk outside, or whatever, and everyone else will conveniently join you. Dea Ex Machina! (x3)

Moving on from that, I'm also putting out a shout-out to Lex_Rextron, who had apparently been having hacker issues that prevented him from posting. I sent you a PM saying that I understood, man, you can come back if you want, but if you keep this new absence up I'm really gonna kick you out for laziness.

Extric
September 27th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Wow, I was always wondering if you could do that. XD

Anyway, villain makes his first appearance. (Ooh... creepy...) And I'm going to make an announcement here: The next RP day is going to be opened by whoever posts next, so all you have to do is have your character wake up and walk outside, or whatever, and everyone else will conveniently join you. Dea Ex Machina! (x3)

Moving on from that, I'm also putting out a shout-out to Lex_Rextron, who had apparently been having hacker issues that prevented him from posting. I sent you a PM saying that I understood, man, you can come back if you want, but if you keep this new absence up I'm really gonna kick you out for laziness.

Sorry about not posting. I've been having a hard time moving my character into the RP, but with this new day I can probally introduce him a whole lot easier.

Scarlet Weather
September 27th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Well, since you're ready to post next, just have him out on the street, looking for his team mates. I'll Dea Ex Machina Achan in or something. It'll be great. XD

Alter Ego
September 28th, 2007, 01:43 AM
Dice Jar has to go coupled with Barrel Behind the Door. It works, because dice jar's burn counts as card effect damage.

It does? o.o *Feels n00by for not knowing that*

Aaanyway, looks like someone got a spiffy name change. *Pokes ACC* And speaking of changes, here's Tacey's revamped deck, altered to suit the new banlist:

Total: 41

Monsters (20)
3x Bountiful Artemis
2x Ebon Magician Curran
2x Harvest Angel of Wisdom
1x Princess Curran
1x Princess Pikeru
1x Royal Double
3x Royal Emissary
2x Royal Justice
3x Royal Sharpshooter
2x White Magician Pikeru

Spells (7)
2x Court of Nobles
2x Coronation of the Princesses
2x Hammer Shot

Traps (14)
3x Divine Wrath
1x Judgment of the Princesses
3x Magic Drain
2x Magic Jammer
1x Mirror Force
2x Negate Attack
2x Solemn Judgment

Custom card list for reference purposes:

Monsters:

Royal Emissary
Warrior/Effect
4 Star/Light
1900 Atk/ 1600 Def

If "Court of Nobles" is not on your Field, this card is destroyed. Discard this card from your Hand to add "Court of Nobles" from your Deck to your Hand.

Royal Justice
Spellcaster/Effect
4 Star/Light
1300 Atk/ 1200 Def

Whenever you negate the summoning, effect, or attack of a card controlled by your opponent, inflict 500 points of Direct Damage to your opponent, and if "Court of Nobles" is on your Field discard a card at random from your opponent's Hand.

Royal Sharpshooter
Warrior/Effect
3 Star/Wind
1200 Atk/ 800 Def

While "Court of Nobles" is face-up on your Field, this card can attack your opponent directly.

Royal Double
Spellcaster/Effect
3 Star/Light
1200 Atk / 1000 Def

Whenever a "Curran" or "Pikeru" monster on your Field would be destroyed, you may send this card in your Hand or on the Field to the Graveyard instead. If this card is summoned successfully (Including Flip Summon) while "Court of Nobles" is on your Field, select one "Curran" or 'Pikeru" monster from your Field or Graveyard. For as long as this card and "Court of Nobles" remain on the Field, this card is considered to have the selected monster's Name, Attribute, Level, and Special Abilities.

Spells:

Coronation of the Princesses
Normal Spell

This card may only be activated by tributing "White Magician Pikeru" or "Ebon Magician Curran" from your Field and discarding one card from your Hand. If you tributed "White Magician Pikeru", Special Summon one "Princess Pikeru" from your Hand or Deck, ignoring the Summoning conditions. If you tributed "Ebon Magician Curran", Special Summon one "Princess Curran" from your Hand or Deck, ignoring the Summoning conditions.

Court of Nobles
Field Spell

While this card is face-up on your Field, increase the Atk of all "Curran", "Pikeru", and "Royal" monsters by 300. During your Draw Phase, instead of drawing a card, you may add "Coronation of the Princesses" from your Deck to your Hand.

Traps:

Judgment of the Princesses
Counter Trap

This card can only be activated by selecting a face-up "Pikeru" or "Curran" monster on your Field when your opponent declares an attack. This card's effect is determined by the monster you selected:

Ebon Magician Curran: Destroy the attacking monster and inflict damage to your opponent equal to 200 x the level stars of the destroyed monster.

Princess Curran: Destroy all Attack Position monsters on your opponent's Field then inflict damage to your opponent equal to 500 x the number of monsters destroyed by this effect.

White Magician Pikeru: Return the attacking monster to the top of your opponent's deck then gain Life Points equal to 400 x the level stars of the returned monster.

Princess Pikeru: Shuffle all Attack Position monsters on your opponent's Field into your opponent's Deck then increase your Life Points by 1000 x the number of monster returned to your opponent's Deck by this effect.

HOMG, I'm using less custom cards this time around! =O Also, on Tyler's introduction: I think I shall take the liberty of giving him a reason to know where to go in my next IC. ;3

Scarlet Weather
September 28th, 2007, 02:09 AM
Fine by me. I'm all psyched for the latest beginning. (BTW, I'm completely revamping Achan's deck now that I know a bit more about the game, so it'll be a bit harder to track.)

Extric
September 28th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Okay, my post should be on by tonight. If not tonight, early tomorrow since I have a game tonight.

Scarlet Weather
October 1st, 2007, 04:06 PM
Okay, my spiffeh name change is now the name of new RPer of the month, and as such I promise to be break it nicely to you all still playing that not only are Phanima and Jimz on hiatus, but Lexxy just jumped ship as well for his own good reasons. (I assume they're good...) Anyway, we're all in this together now. However, in order to make character interaction more profitable, I ask that everyone without a custom NPC make one RIGHT NOW. This means... well, guess I'm the only one who hasn't yet, unless you count throwaway duelists. XD THIS MEANS ME.

Monsters: 19

Marauding Captain x2
Wandering Hero x1
Wandering Mage x3
Sangan x1
Wandering Rogue x3
D.D. Assailant x2
Dominance Battalion x3
Archers' Battalion x1
Cannon Battalion x1
Wandering Dragon Muthaba x1
(No more beast or healer, I know...)

Spells: 18

Lightning Vortex x2
Shrink x1
Smashing Ground x1
Heavy Storm x1
Soul Taker x3
Reinforcement of the Army x2
Warrior Returning Alive x2
United we Stand x1
Excalibone, Blade of the Wandering Hero x1
Limit Break-Beat Rush x1
Limit Break-Bestialize x1
Limit Break-Omnislash x1

Traps: 4

Mirror Force x1
Torrential Tribute x1
Royal Decree x2

Side Deck
Wandering Hero x2
Wandering Beast x3
Wandering Shinobi x3
Wandering Healer x3
Limit Break-Ability Leech x1
Limit Break-Omnislash x1
Limit Break-Shuriken Blaze x1
Limit Break-Grand Healing x1

Alter Ego
October 2nd, 2007, 12:00 AM
Uhh...dude, Sangan is at limited and has - I think - been that way ever since its release, same for Heavy Storm and Torrential Tribute. o.o Maybe you ought to remove those multiples to...you know, make that deck legal? Also, I'm pretty sure that Reinforcement of the Army stands at semi-limited. So yeah, at the very least you'd have to go through changes of:

-2 Sangan
-1 Heavy Storm
-1 Reinforcement of the Army
-1 Torrential Tribute

Possibly two copies of vortex as well since you do have three mages to recycle that solitary one with. And as replacement I'd suggest:

+1 Mystical Space Typhoon
+2 Nobleman of Crossout
+1 Pot of Avarice
+1 Premature Burial

Also, with such a bare trap lineup 2x Royal Decree seems like an obvious choice over 2x Trap Jammer, but you know...Achan might have issues with using a 'royal' card so never mind. xD I'm also slightly disturbed by the lack of recruiters in what seems like a toolbox-style build, but that's your call. Two copies of Warrior Lady of the Wastelands wouldn't hurt, though. :3 Also, Marauding cappy might be a good idea to give dominance's special summon effect a chance to shine. As it is, you have precisely zero ways in which to Special Summon dominance, which is a bit of a waste. O=

Scarlet Weather
October 2nd, 2007, 02:07 AM
Oops. 0_o

Well, I'll be editing that. I didn't read the banlist carefully enough, I'd imagine. And yes, actually, Achan could have used two copies worth of Royal Decree, but he thinks it's too much like something Tacey would play for him to consider using it. Besides, his deck supports Trap Jammer since it uses Wanderer's two most useful abilities: Card Drawing and spell recursion. (Oh man, I feel like this build is actually... playable.) Anyway, to make sacrifices for the character, I tossed in two Wandering Shinobi instead of PoA or Premature Burial, and added shield crush instead of Nobleman to further expand on Achan's theme of refusing to use Royal monsters. (Hmm... maybe he needs a run-in with the Anarchists... XD)

Frostweaver
October 2nd, 2007, 09:52 PM
As much as I'll love to help you in being an adult who pretends to be a child playing a children's card game, I simply don't know how to roleplay, really (like really, how do you interact with anyone but NPC without controlling them to certain extents as well? makes no sense to me.) Too used to story writing instead of just roleplay I guess... Um, I'll mentally support you all in this role play for children's card game?

Scarlet Weather
October 3rd, 2007, 01:41 PM
Read posts by AE to get a clue of that. It takes talent to roleplay, and you need a slightly different mindset then when you're writing a story, but I think the two forms are closely enough interrelated that you can take some of what you use in one and pull it over to the other. Plus, roleplaying teaches you how to write characters well and definitely helps you in characterization, so you'd probably be fairly good at it, Frosty. XD

And Achan and I are about the same age, so I'm not pretending to be a child, come to think of it.

Alter Ego
October 17th, 2007, 10:23 AM
like really, how do you interact with anyone but NPC without controlling them to certain extents as well?

Where there is a will, there is a way, though of course it helps to have a character like Tacey who loves to babble on without letting the other get a word in edgewise. xD But yeah, the best way to learn the ropes on that one is to just look at those zero-control RP posts and see how it's done there. This is something better learned by practice than lecture. ^.^

Oh, and just as a reminder for myself so I don't bungle up the next post the duel between Tacey and Pegasus currently stands like so:

Tacey
8000 LP

Hand: Royal Double, White Magician Pikeru, Judgment of the Princesses, Coronation of the Princesses
Field: Bountiful Artemis (Attack position), Royal Sharpshooter (Attack Position), Negate Attack (Face-down, obviously), Court of Nobles (Face-up)
Graveyard: Magic Drain, Hammer Shot, Harvest Angel of Wisdom, Princess Curran, Royal Emissary

Pegasus
2900 LP

Hand: 1 card
Field: 3 Goat Tokens (Defense Position), Manga World (Face-up), 1 face-down Spell or Trap
Graveyard: Toon Table of Contents, Cyber Toon Dragon, Toon Harpie, Dark World Dealings, Toonborn Frog, Scapegoat

It's not looking too good for Pegasus but he's feeling smug about the whole situation and it's his turn. Who will win? Place your bets now. xD

Scarlet Weather
October 17th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Oh, definitely Pegasus. If it were me, it would be, anyway. I can't resist complete turnarounds, which makes really dueling hard for me. This is why I like Achan's new deck so much: I don't have to yell "LIMIT BREAK OMGTBBQSAUCE!" every time he gets into a corner. XD

Anyway, can't see how Pegasus is gonna turn this around, but I can't wait to watch. This is so exciting! :D

Frostweaver
October 17th, 2007, 03:53 PM
I have no idea what is the stats for Toon Harpie, but I'll guess that they follow the trends of toon monsters how their atk/def will always be identical to their real counterpart. If that's the case, then Toon Harpie must have destroyed Harvest Angel of Wisdom using an effect similar to that of Newdoria. Being an effect, Harvest Angel of Wisdom's effect will not activate.

The only way for that move to work is if Toon Harpie's effect is to increase her own attack power in whatever means until it is also 1800, or decrease Harvest Angel of Wisdom down to 1300, then they are destroyed by battle.

Hard to guess if Pegasus can pull through because nobody have any bloody idea what sort of effects the new Toon monsters can do, or what are the other effects of Manga World. For all we know, he can pull out a Toon Sniper and completely destroy Taceys' field... or whatever new cards AE want to make ;p

Scarlet Weather
October 17th, 2007, 04:03 PM
But as I recall, AE has posted most if not all of these Toon monsters in the Make Your Card thread, so we could probably go back and look them up if we wanted. XD

Anyway, I'm guessing a massive Toon Support field. Maybe something to pull Pegasus's toon supports that he's already tossed from the graveyard to his hand? I'll post so we can see it sometime soon.

Alter Ego
October 18th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Actually, I gave Toon Harpie the same stats as Cyber Harpie Lady (1800/1300, as I recall), so it's a clean draw battle. And yes, I do know that Harvest Angel only gets his effect by battle. ;3

As for the battle, Pegasus just drew...

Obelisk the Toonmentor, who has 4000 Atk, immunity to all spells and traps, attacks directly like toon monsters and can boost his attack by tributing toon monsters from his field. For realz. =O Or maybe it's Breaker the Toon Warrior, or Toons of Sanctity, or Toongeki, or Pot of Toons, or...

Actually, screw that; I'm not telling. xP

IC coming up. ^^

Scarlet Weather
October 18th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Aww... I'm sorry that I couldn't remember whether Toonborn Frog jumped back from the graveyard after being discarded from the hand, but I knew that if it did, it was tribute time. BEWTU officially gets my nomination for "Best Toon Beatstick EVER". Anyway, my duel predictions are right, so either I'm good at reading foreshadowing or I'm better at predicting duels. Though I've got to say, I never noticed Tacey's deck's weakness to monsters that don't get destroyed by card effects before. Drat, now I wish I had invented Harogigas sooner... XD

Frostweaver
October 18th, 2007, 05:44 PM
What deck isn't weak to cards that are immune to all card effects with a 4500 atk power stuck on it? Tell me that >>; Hardly any...

Only Skill Drain, Destiny Hero Plasma, and Creature Swap can handle a card like that. (Creature Swap works, because it's not affecting it directly, the same reason how you can swap to steal Horus lv 6). No character in this role play has either of those, so Pegasus will always win as long as he can protect manga world and if he has his ultimate toon dragon out.

Scarlet Weather
October 18th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Hmm... well, that's why they made Skill Drain, I suppose. Anyway, it's not often you see one with massive attack points like that. Harogigas, I suppose, is the economy version what with Dark Dragon support cards, horribly unbalanced though some of them are. Anyway, the reason decks are vulnerable to things like that is they don't often see play since they aren't all that fast compared to other monsters, and consequently we don't think about them often. It could all be remedied if we had a reliable, easy to throw down Blue-Eyes substitute.

Alter Ego
October 21st, 2007, 09:22 AM
Actually, the serious weak of Tacey's deck is the same that all Counter Fairy builds that don't run Meltiel suffer from; dealing with cards that are already on the field. Sure, Emissary can pound down any low-level beatsticks and Hammer Shot handles a few of the bigger ones, but continuous spells and traps are a big issue. (Note how only that lone MST can deal with them; that's what inspired me to create Royal Magician, you know.) As for Ultimate Toon...yeah, your best bet is to swing for Manga/Toon World and swing hard. I figured that the toons could use their own god card, though in all honesty it would be a lot more challenging to play if I hadn't thrown in Toon Parade. Pretty much every deck has a weak against Ultimate Toon once it gets out; it's the summoning you should prevent. ;3

Frostweaver
October 21st, 2007, 05:13 PM
Harogigas is a ritual summon. If you decided not to stop the ritual spell, you actually can't stop the summon (refer to how solemn judgment works against advanced ritual art. You can't stop Demise if you decide not to stop advanced ritual art unless Demise does not use priority for some reason.)

Depends on how ultimate toon is summoned... can't future vision cause it's not a real fusion. Seems like it is an omega nomi of doom. Toon Parade is deadly no matter how you look at it. 3 TGAF is doom. 3 TGemini means your hand is doomed. Yeahh...

Alter Ego
October 26th, 2007, 02:31 AM
Agreed on parade, though it pretty much hinges on using Manga World to negate that 'no attacks on the turn you're summoned' restriction. It was meant to be a pretty deus ex machina card anyway. :3

Oh, and for the spot-the-reference: the RL TCG one is right here:

Most of the great American and European duelists don't do it either. There's Jonathan Labounty, Martin Billay-"

Still searching for the abridged one. =O

As for the subs...I got most of them on YouTube (Heh, I said 'tube' *Shot*) and some on Dailymotion, though I watched a couple of the episodes in-between raw, but there's no guarantee that they're there anymore since both sites have joined in on the war on fansubs. >.< Oh, and one of them mentioned the "Janime sub team" which is currently at work with subbing the whole of the fourth season, so you might find something if you google after it. The dub is not even worth waiting for because they're screwing up the whole series with their pathetic attempts at being funny. T_T

Oh, and concerning the duel spirit thing: I always saw Hayato/Chumley as messing up because of his pessimistic attitude rather than a lack of skills. Besides, it could always be explained by him being an uberly card creator of doom, meaning that spirits are drawn to him in search of new homes. :3 Oh, and Sho has seen a spirit, actually; remember that silly Dark Magician Girl filler? ;3 He's not being all 'WTF?!' when Judai and Johan talk to their spirits either. And Ryo has that thing with Cyber End (don't know if it's a duel spirit relation like Judai's, but it was mentioned that Cyber End Dragon chose him) =O

But yeah, it would be completely Manjoume's style to go with an unconfirmed power theory anyway so it's not a big deal. It's your RP and your canon interpretation, after all. :3

Scarlet Weather
October 27th, 2007, 03:38 PM
AE, he plays a Koala deck. He stinks.

Anyway, moving on from there, I'll show you the abridged series reference since you were kind enough to point it out yourself. "Martin Billay" is LittleKuriboh's real name. XD

Alright, so now for some plot speculation. I've been wondering whether or not it would be against Judai's style to split his E-Heroes and Neo-Spacians into two separate decks in order to solidify his strategy. (My take on the current one is that he's mellowed our a bit and become less of a hothead since turning pro, but he hasn't lost any of his optimism and his worldview hasn't changed much). So, would it be ridiculously out of character to give him a working deck, for once?

Oh, and I have an announcement: I have decided that the King of Games will not be...

Achan. But you knew I would say that, didn't you? The question now is whether or not Achan or Tacey will win. XD

In more interesting plot speculation, I'm going to ask when you're going to introduce your NPCs formally, AE. Are you waiting for an evil villain appearance, or what?

Alter Ego
October 28th, 2007, 01:40 AM
That's no fair. I didn't even know Little Kuriboh's real name. I did recognize Labounty, though. xD

And ACC, Judai plays an E-Hero/Neo-Spacian/Random newly released monster card deck with Winged Kuriboh in it, Manjoume does Armed Dragon/Chthonian/XYZWV/Ojama with a random Despair from the Dark and Flying Kamakiri #2 (oddly enough, always used as discard fodder), Asuka has a Ritual/Fusion deck where her strongest non-tribute monster is freakin' Blade Skater without a single stall card and only one very crappy ritual searcher to her name. All things considered, Hayato's singular beast theme is one of the more consistent decks around. I mean, at least he has some search effects in there (Wild Trail and that ant-eater thingie whose name I forgot, standard recruiter for the beast type) and runs multiple copies of something. =O

As for Yudai's deck situation...well, he'll have to run Neos and Stratos is a given for anything that wants to get a specific E-Hero out, so a pure Neo-Spacian deck is out of the question anyway. *Shrug* It sort of goes against Judai's nature to make a backup plan, but maybe the whole Yubel phase could have made him mature a bit, so if you want two decks; go right ahead. I'm sure as heck going to split up Manjoume's thematic mess of a deck, probably one for his alphabet soup monsters and one modified Oja Machinegun wherein I substitute the missing Snipe Hunters with Furnace Dragon. :3

Concerning Tacey vs Achan...that is a question best left for later. Tacey would really not be able to get over a loss like that (And then she'd probably pull a Kaiba and start up Battle City number two just to prove that she's the better duelist. xD), though there would be some poetic justice in letting her lose. A draw would be fun too. Hmm...we'll see what time brings, eh? ;3

Finally, on my NPCs. Well, I was actually planning on having them spring a little scheme at the beginning of the second round (Domino City would suit Haruko even better, but I'm not that patient. x3) since that is when duel outcomes start mattering again...which would add a little importance to the children's card games that would have to ensue. Plus, I'm still trying to decide whether I should give Haruko a Storm monster deck like I originally intended or if I should come up with a line of sickeningly cute little monsters for her to use. Or possibly a Rescue Cat OTKO? Decisions, decisions...xD Besides, I thought you already had plot content for America? O=

Scarlet Weather
October 28th, 2007, 04:25 AM
I couldn't tell you if Achan or Tacey would win, anyway. Achan's so worked up over this thing he's pretty much forgotten why he entered the tournament in the first place, so it's not like he's going to be any less emotional if she wins. I have to say, a draw is tempting but working around a plot wrinkle like that is giving me a kink. I say we'll just cross that bridge when we come to it. XD

Well, there's always the option of giving Judai a separate Yubel deck, though he hasn't actually used its card since becoming fused with it. (I keep wanting to call Yubel a her, dangit, but its cursed hermaphrodism is messing with me. >.<)

Weel, suppose I'll be playing Judai with Big City/Neo-Space hybrid. I wish I had come up with more made-up card links now.

Alter Ego
November 21st, 2007, 08:27 AM
Live, OOC thread, LIVE! *CPR*

Ahem, anyways...yeah, I suppose having a draw game would sort of make the whole king of games thing weird. Unless of course they get so wrapped up in plot that the finals are never held (or, optionally, one of them loses and the other goes to face the big bad in the finals, after which they have a duel to determine who's really better). Ah well, those are musings for a later day, I suppose. :3

Anyway, I wanted to ask: are you controlling Miseres or what? 'Cause if she's going to be hanging around Tacey, I think she should speak up or at least react eventually. I mean, I've just been making her get out-blabbered for now, but she'll have to speak up or react eventually. =O

Scarlet Weather
November 22nd, 2007, 06:51 AM
No, not at all, actually. I was kind of hoping that you would take the reins. I did bunny her for one simple action, to show that Achan can feel the presence of duel spirits when they interact with him but cannot actually see or hear them. Anyway, moving on from that, in the lack of further plot development I've thrown in another wrinkle. Duelists, which is probably the worst musical ever written since Springtime for Hitler, is the story of Yugi's conquest of Duelist Kingdom, by the way. Hits include "Everyone Hates Mako", "Anzu and the Pharoah", "My Cards Will Go On", and "The Incredibly Bad Song of Duelist Traditions", which Armstrong sings random lines from. Anyway, the musical could result in hilarity now that Manjoume is trapped inside the theatre and Tacey and Achan are stuck in the box office. (Well, Tacey anyway.) So go on and do the whole thing. :3

Oh, and Miseres's personality was originally intended to be a bit childlike and naive, but you can change that a bit if you so desire.

Alter Ego
November 28th, 2007, 05:29 AM
Heh, well I tried to go for a real little kid personality with Miseres here (meaning she spends most of her time bothering someone and only answers in short, simple sentences). Hope that fits. xD

Anyways...*Sniffs air after latest post* do I smell children's card games? Children's card games for Tacey, maybe? >D Oh, and I'm not quite sure what Manjoume should be up to at the moment. Since he's connected to the ojamas, I assume that he still can't get through the barrier, right? Well, I'll just sort of leave him hanging for now. xD

Scarlet Weather
November 28th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Tacey and Achan, actually. I realized that I had just written two idiotic bad guys into the scene and couldn't resist. And yes, Achan is a Pokemon fanatic, though he'd never admit it. Especially not to Tacey. Oh, and I'm fairly sure that one of them might or might not be playing a Skill Drain Aggro deck, but that's up to you. I know for sure that neither of them play dark sanctuary since... SPOILER ALARM!!!!!!!

Oh, and one slight goof on my part. I forgot to mention that the Dark Sanctuary set was supposed to be unique. As is, I suppose I'd settle for Abidos and Miseres being unheard of. Now the question is whether Nicholas was the thief. Ooh... scary. XD

Alter Ego
December 2nd, 2007, 02:11 AM
Well, I went for freaking amateur with a deck full of big dragons. Couldn't help taking a jab at the way characters in the anime always attack the solitary low-power mystery monster their opponent just summoned without checking the effect. xD

Oh, and I have no idea whether this was going to be an actual shadow game or not. Odds are that he was just bluffing with that anyway. x3

Scarlet Weather
December 2nd, 2007, 05:41 PM
Well, the format of a duel in this roleplay is really open to the player, so I have no problem with deviations. As long as you give the basic information of hand and LP remaining, I'm fine. As for the color scheme change, by all means continue. To paraphrase a quote from Auron, "This is your story". Or rather, this is your story arc, as far as the inclusion of Miseres goes. Anyway, I'll be taking the liberty of a last-minute deck change for Achan. I'm dumping three double summons in favor of three Soul Taker, since that seems to be a nice little recurrable spell, as well as the addition of Wandering Dragon Muthaba in place of an Archer's Battalion. Oh, and trap jammer has become decree and I ditched Shield Crush. Sorry for the inconvenience here. XD

Phanima
December 14th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Hurry up and get to the next destination so Michel can make his majestic comeback appearance! DX

I'm kidding of course, take as much time as you want, I'm immensely enjoying the emotional breakdowns of Tacey and Achan, plus I'm keeping myself busy trying to come up with a decent comeback post anyway... :3

Anyway, I wanted to ask about deck rulings, as in: how many can a character have, and can they be altered? I'm sure you said something about it before but I'm pretty, well, very forgetful. Plus, an outside friend is helping me with ideas for decks for some of my NPCs (one of them being him) which I'll run by the YMTC thread later on.

I'm also alive. *waves

Scarlet Weather
December 15th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Nice to know, Phanima, since we're pretty much moving on to the next event once Tacey and Achan get home.

As for deck rulings, changes to the deck may be made at any time throughout the roleplay provided you have a plot reason for the change and an explanation of the presence of the new cards. Your character shouldn't have a problem with that since being rich means a whole lot of freakin' allowance money to spend on children's card games. Achan, on the other hand, has to scrounge if he wants to find something to improve his deck with. xD

Alter Ego
December 15th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Well, ACC continuously keeping watch over this OOC thread instead of typing posts isn't exactly speeding things up. *Brick'd*

Anyways, yeah...I figured the spirit matter in the last posts bears addressing. Tacey's spirit trio hasn't interjected because Tacey was so wrapped up in her own angst that she couldn't communicate with them. Sort of like a less extreme version of Judai's emo period during the society of light arc. She would have spotted black panther, but Achan caught her attention first. Now that she's transfered the torment to Achan, the spirits will be making a re-entry, though. :3

And...it looks like deck changes are made pretty spontaneously. *Pokes ACC's latest* Which reminds me...I have to figure out Tacey's Hereditary Title deck.

That aside...yay! Phanima's back! ^0^ *Confetti* Heh, you'll probably be needed after my online time takes the post-December nose dive. By the looks of it, the first few weeks of military duty are done without free weekends, so yeah...I'll have even less free time than I first thought. D= *Grumble* Stupid compulsory service...it's times like these that make me wish I was a girl. (still only put into service if they volunteer) It's sexist legislation, I tell you! Sexist! xO

Scarlet Weather
December 15th, 2007, 03:06 PM
*bricks AE* Take that, mortal fool!

Actually, as compulsory service goes six months sounds pretty short compared to the usual two-year length (which holds for all service including military) in most other countries with that requirement. Incidentally, I was wondering about what compulsory service entailed when I got a letter from the national guard. Apparently they offer some excellent benefits. I'm seriously considering joining up once I'm actually out of high school. Well, maybe when we pull out of Iraq to minimize my chances of actually ending up seeing combat. 0_o

As for posts... I'll do one later tonight. And Achan's deck change was spontaneous, but since he hadn't played with his new deck yet I was free to change it around, since it didn't conflict with the plot. That and as RP master I can get away with all. *shot'ed*

Phanima
December 27th, 2007, 03:14 PM
In relation to ACC-M's request, this will be a bump in disguise. *shifty eyes

Anywho, since the plan for Michel is to return at the beginning of the second round (Japan?) I was just wondering if posting a post on the details of his time away from the action would be appropriate to explain his absence or would it just get in the way of the current plot with the Shadow Duellists? Cause I'm fine either way but Michel is becoming somewhat irritated from missing out on all the recent action. XP

Seriously though, I can wait til the next round since it'd save me some trouble explaining 'his side of the story' but if it doesn't conflict too much with what's going on so far, then I might consider posting a post or two.

Alter Ego
December 28th, 2007, 02:13 AM
*bricks AE* Take that, mortal fool!Actually, as compulsory service goes six months sounds pretty short compared to the usual two-year length (which holds for all service including military) in most other countries with that requirement. Incidentally, I was wondering about what compulsory service entailed when I got a letter from the national guard. Apparently they offer some excellent benefits. I'm seriously considering joining up once I'm actually out of high school. Well, maybe when we pull out of Iraq to minimize my chances of actually ending up seeing combat. 0_o

Well yeah, six months is short when you're not the one facing it, doesn't it?

Ahem, yes, I have the persistent anti-military whiners of this country to thank for that one. They've been applying pressure to shorten compulsory service times at every turn. x3

And I wouldn't recommend the military. No, strike that; I'd strongly recommend not going for the military. They've got enough shameless liars to put an established advertisement agency to shame (there are many uses for propaganda, you know) so you can't really trust anything they promise. At least...that's the way ours is. As an example of their methods: they hand you a 100-question 'yes or no' ticking questionnaire at 7 AM (after you've had to scramble your way into the city to attend the seminar where said questionnaire is handed out and have been put through about an hour of mind-numbing speech on how awesome the military is), give you about ten minutes to fill out said questionnaire, switch around the 'yes' and 'no' boxes at strategic points (Including statements like 'I feel that the period of compulsory military service should be lengthened for the sake of national security', 'I'm interested in further military education' (I.e. 1+ extra years to your service time <.<), and 'I am in perfect physical and mental condition and am prepared to perform a full-scale service period' (Which, if you think about it, really sucks if you have some kind of health condition)) and then tell you that you can't change your answers.

Yeah, I pretty much lost all faith in the 'moral integrity' of our armed forces after that one and I seriously doubt that their American counterparts are much better. <.< If you do go, watch your back, and always, ALWAY double-check and triple-check every piece of writing that requires you to sign or fill in something. They probably won't outright deny the truth, but they make a point of spinning and hiding the full truth at every turn and sure as heck don't tell you all you really need to know unless you press them about it. (or when you've already signed some fancy piece of non-revocable paper) At the same time, they go on about 'patriotic duty' and 'incredible experiences' with that perfectly honest and sincere expression on their faces, firm handshakes too...the works. I dunno'...I for one just hate dealing with people like that. ><

And like, I'm all for you posting again Phanima. But then, I'm not the one in charge of the plot, so...xD

Oh, and depending on timeframes I may have to delay the ebil plot of my two NPCs until after my service period. Ehh...depends on how much you peoples post and how quickly we get on to the second round.

Scarlet Weather
December 28th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Hmm... thing is that the National Guard isn't actually the "army" of America, per se. It is a branch of the military, but members are usually deployed as rescue units to areas that have been hit by natural disasters (ever hear of Hurricane Katrina?) or civil disturbance control. It's the disturbance control that worries me, since I don't want to be on the wrong side of a picket fence. (This information is all from independent research, so I'm not sure if everything is one hundred percent correct). Anyway, my Grandfather was with the Navy, so I feel a little bit obligated to do something for America besides sit around on my lazy butt and dream of getting a position as an editor at some publishing company or newspaper. Of course, that option is left open to me as America is completely without civil service requirements of any sort. That's why our army has shrunk- no draft.

Eh, we need to stop talking about armies. This is a roleplaying thread, we're supposed to be ESCAPING real life by entering a constant state of denial and playing children's card games when we should probably be doing something more productive by creating beautiful and meaningful works of fiction together. [/Idiocy]

Hmm.... alright, I've made a decision. Phanima, feel free to show up, since by tomorrow I'll have posted and the day will have changed. We'll be "leavin' on a jet plane" *shot'ed for John Denver reference* and flying to Japan. (Or will we?) Well, wherever we end up you will be there. Kaykayz, LOL?

Oh, and one final thing. If we make it to Japan without a certain few people who signed up for this RP posting (which I doubt that they will), I'll be allowing people to sign up for the RP again at the change of rounds. To anyone reading this: Note that the sign-up procedure will be extremely competitive due to the limited number of spots on the team (At the moment there are two that need to be filled) so you'd best make sure that your character is well thought out and your sign up meets all requirements. For these additional sign-ups, History and an RP sample WILL BE REQUIRED. They must be either PMed to me for evaluation or posted in the RP discussion thread. Alright, announcment finished.

Alter Ego
December 31st, 2007, 03:17 PM
Meh, I doubt that one branch of the military is much more moral than the other. At the end of the day, they have the same bigwigs to please. But yeah, enough talking about the military. (Because seriously, I don't think I'll ever get tired of bashing the military, which has a certain irony to it given that I'm about to join the ranks of the faction I'm bashing, if not in a fully voluntary fashion)

Aaaanyways, yeah, finally got that post done. It would have been done a lot faster if Tacey hadn't been screaming for a new outfit (I swear, the personality I've written for this little girl is going to be the death of me x.x) and refused the completion of the IC until that had been addressed. D=

Oh, and her brand spanking new decklist will be up tomorrow (well, technically it's today but you know what I mean).

That aside, I'm going to bed. Oh, and since I'm now over an hour into 2008, happy new year's too. ^.^

Scarlet Weather
December 31st, 2007, 08:34 PM
Well, if we both post as often as possible over the next few days then yeah, we'll be able to move things right along. Actually I'm planning for Pegasus to make an announcement that will allow dueling before we actually get to Japan so we won't have to go through landing and whatnot before we get the plot started. If you wanted to duel your NPCs as soon as possible then have them meet on the plane and get the character interaction and card games underway.

Phanima, I have a request: could you possibly have Michel meet the others on the plane to Japan? It would speed things along a little bit and help Achan remember that he exists.

Phanima
January 1st, 2008, 12:21 AM
Sure, no problem, although I had actually already started writing my post but I managed to change it, since I was initially going to have Michel appear in Japan when Achan arrives.

Anyway, I just had Michel arrive at the airport in America and he's preparing to get on. Not sure if you wanted to meet him pre or post flight so I'll leave it up to you.

Alter Ego
January 1st, 2008, 05:08 AM
Wee-hee! I've finally completed Tacey's new deck! Sort of wonky, but I had to make it work with Hereditary Title and Miseres while still including both Pikeru and Curran, sooo...

Monsters (22)
1x Dark Seraph Miseres
3x Gravekeeper's Spy
1x Marshmallon
1x Princess Curran
1x Princess Pikeru
2x Raiza the Storm Monarch
1x Royal Cavalry
3x Royal Emissary
2x Royal Enforcer
2x Royal Magician
2x Royal Paige
2x Royal Sentry
1x Sangan

Spells (10)
1x Brain Control
2x Court of Nobles
1x Creature Swap
1x Fissure
1x Premature Burial
2x Shrink
1x Smashing Ground

Traps (10)
1x Call of the Haunted
3x Hereditary Title
1x Mirror Force
2x Solemn Judgment
3x Royal Legacy

List of custom cards (as usual)

Monsters

Dark Seraph Miseres
Fairy/Effect
2 Star/Dark
500 Atk/500 Def

When this monster is normal summoned while "Dark Sanctuary" is on the field, destroy one monster on the opponent's side of the field. If this monster is flip summoned or flipped face up while another "Dark Seraph" is on the field, draw one card.

Royal Cavalry
Warrior/Effect
7 Star/Earth
2600 Atk / 2200 Def

While there is a face-up "Curran" or "Pikeru" monster on your Field, this card can be Normal Summoned with only one tribute. When this card attacks, if "Court of Nobles" is face-up on your Field, your opponent may not activate any card effects until the end of the Damage Step.

Royal Emissary
Warrior/Effect
4 Star/Light
1900 Atk/ 1600 Def

If 'Court of Nobles' is not on your Field, this card is destroyed. Discard this card from your Hand to add 'Court of Nobles' from your Deck to your Hand.

Royal Enforcer
Warrior/Effect
4 Star/Light
1400 Atk/ 1300 Def

While 'Court of Nobles' is face-up on your Field, negate the effects of all effect monsters destroyed by 'Royal' monsters in battle.

Royal Magician
Spellcaster/Effect
4 Star/Light
1500 Atk / 700 Def

Once per turn, if "Court of Nobles" is on your Field you may discard one card from your Hand (This is treated as an activation cost). If you discarded a Spell card, select one Spell or Trap card on the Field and destroy it. Otherwise, select one face-up Spell or Trap card on the Field and destroy it.

Royal Paige
Spellcaster/Effect
3 Star/Light
1200 Atk / 800 Def

When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, you may add one level four or lower "Pikeru", "Curran" or "Royal" monster from your Deck to your Hand. Then, if "Court of Nobles" is face-up on your Field, you may Special Summon the monster added to your Hand by this effect in face-up Attack Position.

Royal Sentry
Warrior/Effect
4 Star/Earth
700 Atk / 1900 Def

This card can be Normal Summoned in face-up Defense Position. While "Court of Nobles" is on your Field, the Def of this card is increased by 300 and your opponent may not select any card on your Field except "Royal Sentry" as the target of an attack or card effect.

Spells

Court of Nobles
Field Spell

While this card is face-up on your Field, increase the Atk of all "Curran", "Pikeru", and "Royal" monsters by 300. During your Draw Phase, instead of drawing a card, you may add one Spell Card that mentions a "Curran" or "Pikeru" monster in its card effect from your Deck to your Hand.

Traps

Hereditary Title
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated on the End Phase of a turn when a "Curran", "Pikeru" or "Royal" monster(s) on your Field was destroyed. Select one Effect Monster of an equal or lower Level than one of the destroyed Monsters from your Hand or Deck and Special Summon it to your Field. A monster Special Summoned by this effect is treated as a "Royal" monster. Any effect(s) of the monster summoned by this effect that designate a monster(s) with a specific name are treated as designating "Royal" monsters and any effect(s) of the monster summoned by this effect that designate a specific Field Spell are treated as designating "Court of Nobles". In addition, any effect(s) of the monster Special Summoned by this effect that would be activated by Normal Summon or Flip Summon are activated when the monster is Special Summoned by this effect.

Royal Legacy
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when a "Curran", "Pikeru", or "Royal" monster is destroyed and sent to your Graveyard. Select and activate one of the following:

* Draw a card. Then, if you have any "Curran", "Pikeru", or "Royal" monsters in your Hand, show one of them to your opponent in order to draw another card.
* Special Summon one level 5 or lower "Curran", "Pikeru", or "Royal" monster from your Hand or Deck, ignoring summoning conditions.

Aaand...the way I was planning to get the card game playing to commence would require being on site in Japan as I just don't see Tacey dueling some random stranger on an airplane. o.O Okay, arguably Haruko could annoy the crap out of most people and make them duel that way, but...I actually have a little plan of sorts to provide motivation, so unless it's going to be a five-page plane ride I think it can wait until landing. ;3

Scarlet Weather
January 1st, 2008, 10:20 AM
Kaykayz. I'll speed along the plane ride, then: It'll be over and done with by my next IC. Oh, and we need you to post next, AE, as Achan is still waiting on an answer from Tacey and is therefore not able to notice Michel until she says something.

Hmm... my little sister just bought Disgaea 2 with her Christmas money and I've taken advantage of the fact that she needs to use my PS2 in order to play it to play the game myself. I don't know if you've ever played Disgaea, but Rozalin acts just like Tacey. It's freaky. And the male lead, Adell, has red hair like Achan's and he's forced to travel with her against his will. The resemblances end there, but it's freaky how much the characters have in common.

Alter Ego
January 2nd, 2008, 04:50 AM
Really? o.o I haven't played Disgaea so I wouldn't know, but yay for freaky coincidences. :3 I've been told that another character of mine sounds just like someone from Phoenix Wright, come to think of it. Geez, why is it that my characters tend to resemble ones from games I don't know anything about? xD

And yes, I was aware, but I needed to get my mirage IC done too and I had been stalling that for a while already so I had a case of bad conscience. Ahh...the stress of RPing my characters out of plots. >0<

Scarlet Weather
January 2nd, 2008, 03:36 PM
Heheh.... to make things more coincidental, I've just reached the point in Disgaea where Rozalin is feeling a little bit ambiguous towards Adell as opposed to hating his guts because he wants to kill her dad. (Unfortunately, he keeps getting delayed by an annoying celebrity. XD)

Hmhmhm.... I'm thinking of throwing in the Yokai monsters at some point. They are officially my favorite set that I've created, and I only wish that I'd thought of them BEFORE the RP started.

(By the way, if you wanted to watch some of Disgaea while you still have computer access, all twelve episodes of the anime are up on Youtube. It's based on the first game so Rozalin and Adell don't even get to make a cameo, but it is amusing nevertheless.)

Ah, yes. There is only one spot left for a new character, due to the fact that another RPer will be joining soon. (Well, presuming that they figure out how to fix up certain underpowered monsters.) Keep your eyes peeled for their appearance, right after these messages!

Phanima
January 12th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Two new rivals/teammates/RP-ers?! *legasp

Hmm, but I guess it'd be expected since you told us about them ages ago...regardless, it'll be nice to have some new blood around. :D

And I wouldn't worry too much about taking a little more time to write up a post, ACC, I mean technically speaking, you only need to post at least once a month and since I'm not going anywhere soon, it should be fine. :P

But then again, the other two might want a little more activity, but I guess it's ultimately up to you, oh great GM. o0

Alter Ego
January 18th, 2008, 08:28 AM
ATEEEEEEEEENSHUN! A missing RPer has briefly returned for posting duty! Cease and desist all other activities and salute or it's another lap around the barracks for you, dammit! >O

Nah, just kidding, of course. xD Except about the 'don't post' thing. I've finally gotten my first weekend off from the military, so seeing as how you haven't wrapped up my little subplot yet (Second week and still only one new IC? Some people here needs some good old fashioned military discipline xO) I can get that done before I go. IC should be up tomorrow, because I'm a bit exhausted tonight (reduced sleeping hours, 5.30 AM wake-up calls, 3 days in the woods, near-constant stress and a cooper test can do that to you) and need to check up on what has happened here, but rest assured, it will be done. :3

Oh, and hi. ^.^ *Waves*

Scarlet Weather
January 18th, 2008, 10:20 AM
... *salutes and hands draft card*

Wow... nice. You really saved my bacon. I couldn't write the post because I'm extremely paranoid about two things: Dictating Tacey's reactions and dueling Parasite Demons. I'm extremely scared about that.

So yeah, have fun this weekend. Sorry for putting off posting, but danged if beating Parasites with Wanderers and making the duel exciting at the same time is a chore. I mean, there's literally nothing to counter them because they're a completely different card than anything else, other then the usual S/T removal to get rid of barrier spells.

This is great. This means that Achan's inferiority complex to Tacey post can come later, against an opponent I've had in mind for him for a while....

Fweeness, I'm lucky.

But what in the name of blazes is a cooper test?

Alter Ego
January 20th, 2008, 07:46 AM
IC finally done. Not my best work, but it should be sufficient for this. Sorry, but tightened schedules are just something that my muse doesn't agree with. .__. The rest should be smooth sailing (Heck, if you're really paranoid about writing a Tacey reaction you can just sort of skip over that by having Achan go up there then cut out the actual conversation and skip to the point of relaying the news as discussed :3)

And a cooper test is a standard fitness test used both in- and outside of the military. Basically, you just a track for twelve minutes and see how far you get. (so it's dependent on not only running speed but also stamina, air intake skill, and ability to pace yourself so you don't run out of steam before the time limit). Meh, my result was 2770 meters. Well above average, yes, but annoying because I fell a mere 30 meters short of meeting the green beret requirement. It's not like I really have much need for said beret, but there would still have been something in meeting the conditions, you know? Oh well, such is life. x3

Anyways, I'm probably only a few hours away from departure, so good luck with the RP. ^.^

Phanima
January 24th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Compulsory military service? Really? We don't have that in Australia, which I suppose can be a good or bad thing depending on your stance with Iraq. So, I'll kind of just deter away from the topic to keep things mellow...BUT, I have to mention that AE with a green beret and the imaginary image I have of him would be cute. o0

Ahem, yes, anyway...not sure whether or not you're going to put that over sensitive and hyper happy girl in her place, ACC, but I think it was implied and I kind of just went with it. Of course, I left an opening for both scenarios so it shouldn't be too much trouble.

EDITZ: Aww man, I was hoping of getting a few more posts in for Michel, since he hasn't even duelled yet. DX But uni's starting in about a week and I've got a lot of crap to do to prepare. Sorry about this ACC, but I think I'll drop out, since I'm already in another RP and I think one's all I can handle. No offence of course, it just seems this one's kinda dead. ^^; I've put this in the actual RP thread as well, in case you miss this one. :P

Don't know what you want to do with Michel, I can write him off again. I'll think of something. T3T

Scarlet Weather
February 9th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I'm resisting the urge to kill you right now, Phanima. This does indeed kill the RP, right after I meant to revive it as well. >.< I suppose it could always become a fanfic someday, but still, I wanted to see it through to the end... Why must everyone I ignore leave me???? *brick'd*

Alright, I'm going to call for backup. And soon.

Er.... ALRIGHT, WE GOTTA NEW OPENING! ANYONE WISHING TO PLAY CHILDREN'S CARD GAMES IN RP FORM CAN COME! NO DECK NECESSARY TO SIGN UP, BUT WILL BE ASKED FOR EVENTUALLY! PM ALL SIGN UPS TO ME, OR POST IN THE OOC THREAD! IF YOU DON'T SIGN UP I'LL EVISCERATE YOU!

There... hopefully that attracts attention. I'll see who I can recruit. Phanima, thank you kindly for joining us. We wish you well at uni.

Phanima
February 9th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Aww, thanks for the well wishes...making me feel guilty now. =3=

But don't worry ACC, I can stick around for a LITTLE longer, at least until someone joins hopefully.

Let's hope! *crosses fingers

EDIT: Well I just sorted out my timetable, it's not too bad if I do say so myself. I actually have much more free time than I thought I did (guess that's something you don't expect when changing courses), so if you'll still have me, I can keep CARD GAMES going in my repertoire. *w*

Scarlet Weather
February 27th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Sure, just a post a month is fine with me. If the RP can survive, I'll be extremely happy.

Alter Ego
March 1st, 2008, 12:30 PM
*Twitch* One post a month?

Lawl, I think even I can manage that much. xD Seriously, it looks like standard in mili is to have every weekend off for sheer lack of maintenance money (bless those fund-cutting politicians' money-grubbing little hearts <3) and I doubt that I'm unlucky enough to get struck by weekend watch duty twice during my six-month service period, so yeah, I should manage once a month. Heck, probably more, depends on my writing mood. Business as usual for CARD GAMES, then? xD

Seriously, I could take a stab at keeping this going if you can stand the slow pace, because RPs revolving around children's card games are very special, yes they are. Especially this RP. :3

Oh, and it's that time of the month (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/March_2008_Lists) again. Goodbye Call of the Haunted and yay for Monster Reborn being legal for play again.

Phanima
March 3rd, 2008, 01:47 PM
Heheh, I think that was my fault. ^^;

I caused ACC-M soooo much trouble in the last few weeks, I was getting really freaked out with uni and everything and I kinda forcibly gave him the short end of the stick. Gomen! But yesh, I am revitalised, and one post a month is more than fitting for my situation, business as usual indeed.

Children's card games are what makes the world go round. :3

Scarlet Weather
March 27th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Super-Special-Awesome thread revival! Time to flaunt Achan's new decklist!

Deck:

Monsters: (20)

-Wandering Hero x2
-Wandering Vampire x2
-Wandering Shinobi x3
-Wandering Healer x2
-Wandering Beast x3
-Wandering Dragon-Muthaba x2
-Wandering Mage x2
-Wandering Rogue x2

Spells: (17)

-Limit Break-Mega Flare x1
-Limit Break- Cosmos Eterna x2
-Limit Break-Omnislash x1
-Limit Break-Bestialize x1
-Limit Break-Beat Rush x1
-Limit Break-All Creation x2
-Limit Break-Great Gospel x1
-Limit Break-Mimic x1
-Foolish Burial x2
-Monster Reborn x1
-Dimension Fusion x1
-Excalibuster-Blade of the Wandering Hero x2
-Wandering Party x1

Traps: (6)

Arrival of Wanderers x2
RfTDD x2
Mirror Force x1
Torrential Tribute x1

Total-43

Wow, that was a hard deck to build. 0.o Well, thank goodness there's a lot of deck thinning going on as a we build up to an RftDD or Dimension Fusion finish, eh?

By the way, place yer bets: Who will win, Achan or Nicholas?

Alter Ego
April 13th, 2008, 04:48 AM
*Grumbles* Stupid banlist...it's basically one deck per duel with the pace that thing keeps changing. Oh, la-la...oh well, I've got just the deck in mind for Tacey, actually. >D

Monsters (20)
1x Dark Seraph Miseres
3x Dark Red Enchanter
1x Marshmallon
1x Princess Curran
1x Princess Pikeru
1x Raiza the Storm Monarch
3x Royal Emissary
1x Royal Magical Library
2x Royal Paige
2x Royal Sharpshooter
1x Sangan
1x Spirit Reaper
2x Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch

Spells (13)
1x Brain Control
1x Card Destruction
2x Court of Nobles
2x Creature Swap
2x Enemy Controller
1x Giant Trunade
1x Monster Reborn
1x Premature Burial
1x Soul Exchange

Traps (9)
3x Drastic Drop Off
2x Hereditary Title
1x Mirror Force
3x Royal Legacy

Eww...fat deck. D= But I really did want to make something with the new hand control ability I gave these guys. x3

Scarlet Weather
April 13th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Er... you either forgot to add Curran and Pikeru's base forms, or I'm not seeing them, which effectively kills off the usefulness of Princess Pikeru and Curran... XD

But yah, nice shiny new deck. :3

Alter Ego
April 13th, 2008, 09:54 AM
3x Royal Legacy, ACC. You can Special Summon both princesses through that. ;D But yeah, there more there simply because they're spirits; not like they fit into the actual theme of the deck.

Scarlet Weather
May 10th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Well, what with the mid-format change I suppose Wanderers took a bit of a hit. Therefore, Achan's deck just lost one copy Dimension Fusion and one RftDD. Crunk. XD

Well, now that I've pointlessly revived this thread... anyone here going "WTB, where is this story heading? This is cheesier than bad fanfiction!" The answer: I'm just as confused as you are. I think I forgot completely what I had in mind for the plot, so I'm just screwing around at this point and throwing in an excuse for Shadow Duelists to come find us and pick on us wherever we go. 0.o

Alter Ego
May 11th, 2008, 03:54 AM
That's +2 D.D.R for you then, eh? xD

As for the plotline...the way I see it, we're still in the 'pick your poison' stage, so just figure out a new path you want it to follow and go with it. Bet'cha no-one would have noticed your confusion in the first place if you had just kept it hush-hush and worked something out; we're still making a lot more sense than the majority of GX, after all.

Phanima
May 21st, 2008, 06:14 AM
*kicks OOC thread for being too active xP

Just thought I'd point out that during Michel and Chelsea's duel, they made a bet where if Michel won, he'd get Chelsea's 3 map pieces, the EXACT amount the group needs to locate the secret duelling area and to pass the second round. /Battle City nostalgia

Since we need 6 and each of us already has 1, plus the 3 Michel won, we're pretty much set to move on, although I wasn't sure if you guys still wanted to tie up any subplots you're currently devising, so I left out most of the details. If it's too early, I'll just make some of the map pieces duplicates, so we still have some time to do whatever/bum around Domino.

Oh~ and just a heads up, I stopped watching GX in the middle of season 2 (last episode I saw was White Night's Dragon, or something along the lines of that) so I'm pretty much oblivious to the whole Yubel arc and any detailed info on Duel Spirits and the like. >> So excuse any future misinterpretations. I normally wiki everything that I don't understand from all of your posts anyway, but sometimes it's not enough. Of course, I could just start watching it again but I'm very very lazy and have a lot of uni work to do. Not a good combination. xP

Unlimited NiGHTS
May 21st, 2008, 07:48 AM
Oh~ and just a heads up, I stopped watching GX in the middle of season 2 (last episode I saw was White Night's Dragon, or something along the lines of that) so I'm pretty much oblivious to the whole Yubel arc and any detailed info on Duel Spirits and the like. >> So excuse any future misinterpretations. I normally wiki everything that I don't understand from all of your posts anyway, but sometimes it's not enough. Of course, I could just start watching it again but I'm very very lazy and have a lot of uni work to do. Not a good combination. xP

Or you could just ask me, since I have the entire series on my computer.

Phanima
May 21st, 2008, 11:31 PM
Hokay~ from now on NiGHTS, you shall be my unofficial YGO informant. xP