PDA

View Full Version : Harvest Moon Project

parallelzero
August 3rd, 2007, 08:38 PM
Well, мizuκi and I were talking earlier about setting up a Harvest Moon RP. Due to the nature of the series, however, it will take some degree of dedication. Because, hey! We can't set up a small town and a farm or two without people to live there. XD

Another problem is thinking up a driving force to point it in the right direction. We could give it some sort of objective, or we could let it go however and leave it as an "everyday life" sort of deal.

Basically, if anyone is interested, leave a word or two here, so we can decide if we actually want to do this. XD

Phanima
August 3rd, 2007, 10:09 PM
I think it'd be an interesting experiment regardless of whether or not you initiate it publicly. I’d be more deterred from a structured plot with a RP based on a simulation game, but free-roam may become unbalanced and further put people off. It’s difficult to tell, since we’re not sure of the amount of people who may be willing to participate, but I’d think it’d be worth discussing at least. Plot ideas, structure and character involvement come to mind with a HM RP.

Xerion
August 3rd, 2007, 10:48 PM
I'd join it. Harvest Moon has been a cool favorite of mines =).

-Xerion

Jack O'Neill
August 3rd, 2007, 10:49 PM
Worried about your simple farming village turning into the next Silent Hill? Well, just try to roll with the punches, then. xD

That said, I'd definitely be interested in something like this.

Craig²
August 3rd, 2007, 11:01 PM
Heh. I actually brought this up in my thread about Harvest Moon in the OG section. I'm glad someone took the initiative to make one because well, I don't think I could've.

Yes I'd totally join. It'll be interesting to see how it works out.

Though it will be a bit difficult to plan it out and format the RP correctly and give it a nice plot, I'm totally up to aiding in its creation and discussing it. I've always wanted to do this kind of thing.

Loki
August 3rd, 2007, 11:49 PM
There's more people interested in Harvest Moon then I'd imagined. :x Including people who don't usually RP. :OO

I think it'd be easy to steal a little something something from each Harvest Moon game.

But would we take it with occupations, like, somebody is the farmer, somebody is the mailman, librarian, livestock dealer, tool dealer and all that stuff? :O

To make something like this work, we'd all have to have lot's of characters. :/

Or am I just thinking too literally when it comes to Harvest Moon? D:

YAY FOR FESTIVALS

Lul are we going to have like 5 girls to 1 guy? *lululul*

Phanima
August 4th, 2007, 03:22 AM
You can have multiple farmers (of either gender), but then you'd need a farm for each, and that would just overload the detail in the RP's setting. Of course, all of those who want to be farmers can share a farm, but then, that might get overcrowded and too unmanageable.

As for the other characters, I don't think there'd be much problem with people taking the initiative of running the local store or being the mailman, it would just be hard to carry it out on a day-to-day basis (in the RP, not real life). I mean, if your character was the town's florist, would you just post about what you did all day in the shop? How many customers came in? How much money you made? That'd be kind of dull. And of course you could always just tend the store and then leave whenever an event happens, but then the credibility of the RP realistically, would be shot, since most successful store owners don't just leave their stores whenever they want so they can bet on horses in the town square.

Although, if the RP isn't being taken so seriously, then I have no argument as of yet.

Alter Ego
August 4th, 2007, 03:45 AM
YAY FOR FESTIVALS

Lul are we going to have like 5 girls to 1 guy? *lululul*

Festivals? More girls than guys? Cat fight festival FTW! xD *Shot for sexist remark*

Umm...yeah, I'd be willing to give it a shot and the style is certainly something that hasn't been tried in a while. :3 Anyways, I think having everyone as farmers would be pretty lame. Maybe, like, one or a few at most, because the town needs more variety in cast to be...well, alive if you get my meaning and having NPCs do all of it wouldn't be too cool. So yeah, I'm pretty much for the occupations thing. Of course you could always start with having NPCs fill in as necessary and then replace them (Moving, retirement, natural causes etc.) as you get actual RPers to fill the slots. On the aimlessness: having too much aim would go a bit against the spirit of the thing, but maybe festivals and some freak accidents (Big storm tearing up someone's house, shipping being cut off...that kind of thing) could be used to liven things up. Or...if you want to take it to the extreme you might do something with the harvest goddess or the sprites. (Divine quest or whatever) Harvest Moon is more about character interaction and the every day stuff, though...the way I see it, at least. :3 Mind you, Phanima: the festivals are such a big thing for the folks that there's not much point in staying at the store when they're in progress (Since your potential customers are out having fun). Plus, all establishments have their closing hours and holidays. Sneaking out of the shop in the middle of the day on the premise of 'my character event sense is tingling' would, however, be a bit harder to justify. xD

parallelzero
August 4th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Harvest sprites... those crazy little things. XD

For how we have jobs and such set up, I think it would probably be best to try and stray away from owning a shop as much as possible (unless of course, you have employees that work there for you, so you can do whatever the hell you want. XD) We should probably limit ourselves to one or two actual farms, and then have the small town. Though, it'll make little sense if our farm owners aren't at least 18 years of age, and even that's pushing it. XD Other jobs like archaeologist pretty much have no set agenda, so those wouldn't be problematic. Though we might have to think on this some more.

What I was thinking is that we could have certain NPCs controlled by certain groups of people, so that we always have someone around to control them without having everyone control everyone and all the NPCs ending up in two places at once. XD By that I mean, say there was a family, and Phanima, AE, and I were assigned to NPC them or something, while we have another group of NPCs with another group of members responsible for them.

Are there any geographical quirks anyone wants to add to the town? I'm thinking going along with something like AWL, but I was wondering if anyone has any preferences.

Also, it'd be best if you say what you have in mind for your character, that way we'll be able to plan faster and more efficiently, because we'll know who we have. This will also allow us to start discussing possible character relationships (as in, who's friends with who and such).

Alter Ego
August 4th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Hmm...so basically, are we supposed to declare what kind of characters we had in mind or just their positions in the town? Well, I was thinking a guy, yes guy as in male, who has this ambition of becoming a florist. He's sort of a nice-but-slightly-pushover type (Dang, it's so hard to explain properly without a profile. >.<) and has problems with his dad (A carpenter by trade who wants his son to get a proper man's job). So...I could handle that and the person who runs the florist shop he works at (Although he's only doing it part-time), if that's alright. He's just a silly little character that popped into my head, though, so I haven't nailed down the specifics yet. :3

As for geographical thingies...well, some place with a bit of a mysterious/magical feel to it would be nice (Mountain, clearing in a forest, w/e) and could work just in case we want to involve sprites or whatever. ^-^

parallelzero
August 4th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Yeah, little details about your character or characters (I'm putting a cap on three. XD). For example, I'm thinking of going with a pair of traveling performers consisting of a brother sister duo around the age range of 15-18. No clue what kind of performers yet, but they travel while looking for their parents, that supposedly abandoned them, and they got a lead that brought them to a town. I'm thinking of making them twins, not sure yet. As much as I'd love to do a farm, I live on one IRL and thus would rather not. It's already weird enough playing HM inside when I have an actual farm outside. XD

Xerion
August 4th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Wow, now i have to brain storm on what I want him to do? Oh, how about a vantriliquist, he's just starting out at the age of 19. Maybe he can have a sister that helps him make new puppets. But, there parents dont know about them doing the whole Vantriliquist thing. So they keep it a secret, but they live on the farm.

Yeah, worst idea ever. I need to brainstorm somemore...

.Aero
August 4th, 2007, 08:30 AM
I'd definately join. I love ther Harvest Moon games, so why wouldn't I like this? (I started playing since AWL for the GCN.) I'm having a lot of fun with my pokemon RP, and I like to write a lot so this would be a lot of fun. I'd want my character to be a musician, not really sure about any other characters but I'll make at least one more. Maybe there could be a music festival on the beach and he could sing there. He's kinda like Gustafa, but not a hippie.

Alter Ego
August 4th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Do I notice just a hint of mockery in your signature, Xerion? That's not a very nice thing to do, especially since guy also has the less common meaning of 'person of either gender'. =O

Anyways, if it's a three character limit then I'll go for florist and florist's assitant and leave the third one open for now. (I'm probably leaving florist boy's dad dead, sort of a haunting memory for him. :3) More details to come as I make them up. ^-^

Loki
August 4th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Of course, I call dibs on the bartender. The only Harvest Moon occupations I ever roleplay are:

Shipper
Bartender
Waitress

:3 So I'll probably have a male Shipper who's super whatever *lulz* and a female Bartender who can really hold her alcohol. :< Otherwise, I've got no particular details, since the shipper is my basic harvest moon OC, and the girl I've only got extremely arrogant and confident personality.

Rena
August 4th, 2007, 10:37 AM
OH HARVEST MOOHN.

So yesh, I like Harveset Moon, and I've been playing the games a lot, I think that a Harvest Moon Roleplay would be soo super-totally-awesomely awesome. I already have some idea's of characters in mind.

First, a young female mailwoman who's is just starting out, with a llot of perk, and is very naive and gullible, while she strives to survive in her small one-girl farm, with her younger sister. While the other one a female animal trainer who also performs in the circus, with a lion and a tiger, who is very spunky and has an air of arrogance around her, who has lived in the circus for all her life, and thinks imagination is the best thing of all, while people also think of her as cute.

Beatrice
August 4th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Holy Snapple, I live breathe and eat Harvest Moon since it first came out for Gameboy o.o Rune Factory, anyone?~

I'd loooove to be a part of this, my favorite character is Elli, so I'd love to be a nurse...or a librarian...or maybe the random traveling person who's just looking for fun =w=. Hehe, this would be fun, I'm interested.

Jack O'Neill
August 4th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Your farming village can and will need a law enforcement body, which is kinda where I come in. I was thinking I'd play the entire town constabulary; with the playable character limit at three, there's room for the chief and two deputies. I'm tempted to model my characters on Clancy Wiggum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clancy_Wiggum) and his two aides (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_recurring_characters_from_The_Simpsons#Eddie_and_Lou), but I think I'll try to play it serious this time around; even so, my portion of gameplay might end up closer to a cross between Hot Fuzz (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Fuzz) and the SWAT series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWAT_series) than actual Harvest Moon. XD

I'm just curious, but what's the general tech level of Harvest Moon? Can my officers wield Mark 23s, MP5s, and M4 Carbines, or are they limited to Tommy guns, Browning Automatic Rifles, and Smith & Wesson revolvers? Are firearms even available in the first place?

Beatrice
August 4th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Wow, Jack, it's a village, not an industrial military base! XD
Or maybe there could be some important item/person living there...and/or hidden there. Being part of a conspiracy would be fun o3o

Alter Ego
August 4th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Your farming village can and will need a law enforcement body, which is kinda where I come in. I was thinking I'd play the entire town constabulary; with the playable character limit at three, there's room for the chief and two deputies. I'm tempted to model my characters on Clancy Wiggum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clancy_Wiggum) and his two aides (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_recurring_characters_from_The_Simpsons#Eddie_and_Lou), but I think I'll try to play it serious this time around; even so, my portion of gameplay might end up closer to a cross between Hot Fuzz (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Fuzz) and the SWAT series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWAT_series) than actual Harvest Moon. XD

I'm just curious, but what's the general tech level of Harvest Moon? Can my officers wield Mark 23s, MP5s, and M4 Carbines, or are they limited to Tommy guns, Browning Automatic Rifles, and Smith & Wesson revolvers? Are firearms even available in the first place?

Heh, I don't think there's a single instance of a gun in HM (In a way it's a crying shame; I mean, shouldn't a lone farmer get to keep a teensy-weensy little shotgun with which to shoo away the pesky door-to-door salesman? Apparently not. T_T). I mean, they're usually set in idyllic, small town settings where the most serious charge around is littering or skipping out on a bar tab, so there's usually only a symbolic one-man police force. But you know...that doesn't mean that you can't play a police guy from a big city who likes to see rapists, terrorist bombers, arsonists, and serial murderers around every corner and prepares accordingly. xD

Jack O'Neill
August 4th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Wow, Jack, it's a village, not an industrial military base! XD
Or maybe there could be some important item/person living there...and/or hidden there. Being part of a conspiracy would be fun o3o
Heh, I don't think there's a single instance of a gun in HM (In a way it's a crying shame; I mean, shouldn't a lone farmer get to keep a teensy-weensy little shotgun with which to shoo away the pesky door-to-door salesman? Apparently not. T_T). I mean, they're usually set in idyllic, small town settings where the most serious charge around is littering or skipping out on a bar tab, so there's usually only a symbolic one-man police force. But you know...that doesn't mean that you can't play a police guy from a big city who likes to see rapists, terrorist bombers, arsonists, and serial murderers around every corner and prepares accordingly. xD
The more I learn about the setting, the more it starts sounding like Hot Fuzz. (Damn good movie, by the way; go watch it! xD)
Angel, meanwhile, struggles to adjust to the quiet and uneventful pace of the village, and despite clearing up several otherwise unnoticed crimes and misdemeanors in short order (such as shoplifters, underage drinkers and a farmer storing a huge supply of illegal weapons in his barn), soon finds his most pressing concern being a swan that has escaped from its owner.
Yeah, I can definitely roll with that. xD

Beatrice
August 4th, 2007, 11:54 AM
That sounds like fun it a comical way xP

By the way, should there be an character and occupation list for everyone? I guess you gt more of an interest than you thought you would Kurosaki!
Don't see how a big plot could develop on this, but a fun carefree Harvest Moon RP can totally make up it's on situations as it goes along, like the game...
Would this take a long time to sort out though?

Scarlet Weather
August 4th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah, little details about your character or characters (I'm putting a cap on three. XD). For example, I'm thinking of going with a pair of traveling performers consisting of a brother sister duo around the age range of 15-18. No clue what kind of performers yet, but they travel while looking for their parents, that supposedly abandoned them, and they got a lead that brought them to a town. I'm thinking of making them twins, not sure yet. As much as I'd love to do a farm, I live on one IRL and thus would rather not. It's already weird enough playing HM inside when I have an actual farm outside. XD

YOU TOO?

Alright, so I've never played Harvest Moon, but this idea does sound fairly original. I've never done an RP like this before, but hey, diversity is good!

But this had better not cut into the time I spend playing card games. *shot*

Xerion
August 4th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Do I notice just a hint of mockery in your signature, Xerion? That's not a very nice thing to do, especially since guy also has the less common meaning of 'person of either gender'. =O

Anyways, if it's a three character limit then I'll go for florist and florist's assitant and leave the third one open for now. (I'm probably leaving florist boy's dad dead, sort of a haunting memory for him. :3) More details to come as I make them up. ^-^I just thought it was kind of funny. No need to take it so hard.

-Xerion

parallelzero
August 4th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Certainly more interest in this idea than I had originally predicted, which is good. oo;

We could take the plotline from Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland in which the town is in danger of being replaced by a theme park or something, so the citizens have to make something of the town, but other than that I have no original ideas as of yet.

If anyone likes to get a jump on things and start filling out a form, I guess I can manage to set one up:

Name:
Occupation: (You aren't required to have one in certain cases. i.e. if you're a child)
Appearance: (Do remember it's a small farming town in the middle of absolute nowhere. The hottest trends aren't exactly going to be everywhere)
Personality:
History:
Relationships: (You can leave this blank for now, though once we talk about it a bit more, you guys can decide who's characters are friends with whom and such)

That's right, for this RP and this RP only, I won't be asking for a sample. =o

AE: What about having a sort of holy spring with crystal clear water and such?

Saber: Did you just call me by that age old username I once had? Oo;

Jack: Just as long as you don't need to use them much, if at all, you can have your guns. I just don't need you taking someone's eye out. XD

.Aero
August 4th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Name: Steven (off of Steven Tyler)
Appearance: Steven wears a blue baseball cap that is beat up on the brim. His hair is long and flows down to about to below ear length. It's a dark brown, but in some spots you can see a brighter shade of brown. Most likely to become his first gray spots. His nose is wide but not long and his mouth is thin and usually in a smile. His eyes are a dark blue and can strike the greatest sense of happiness into anyone who stares into them. He has a pronounced jaw which makes him appear more masculine. Steven usually wears a striped blue button up shirt but leaves most of his chest showing. He has a moon pendant that his mother gave him that sits on top of his muscular chest. He wears the usual loose blue jeans that go down below his ankle and are torn at the bottom from dragging on the ground all the time. He wears comfortable tennis shoes that he bought in the city. Steven stands tall at 6' 5" and has a muscular figure.
Personality: Steven is usually very kind to people, but when they get bothersome, he snaps like a twig and goes all out on the insults. He likes water and the beach because it's so romantic and beutiful. He usually doesn't want to be bothered when writing his music so it's best to leave him alone during then. He likes to write rock love songs but usually doesn't because it's to kooshy.
History: Steven began playing the guitar when he was 4 and had a lot of trouble learning on his own. He didn't have a lot of money as a kid, so he could afford lessons. When he became 15 his parents decided to let him go travel to perform but before he left, his mother gave him a moon pendant to remember her by. As he was traveling he met other musicians, a drummer and singer. They joined forces and became "Killer Kings". After 4 years traveling with his band, he decided to settle down in a small villiage where he lives now.
Relationships: N/A

Hope you like him, he's all I have right now. I'll add on to things later if needed.

Chibi-chan
August 4th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Most likely going to join this...though I should be finishing up Moby Dick @_@
Do you want signups now? Or just a simplified summary of our character and occupation?
Or should we just wait till a firm plot is developed? I've been a HM addict ever since HM64, so this would be awesome before Rune Factory comes out! =D

parallelzero
August 4th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Do whatever. I only threw a form out there for those who know what they want. I honestly wouldn't wait on the plot, I doubt it's going to be anything character changing, so just put whatever ideas you have out there. XD

Craig²
August 4th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Ahh the Vantriliquist spot was taken..

Oh well. I can still have a character named Sasori!

^ Excuse my random, idiotic comments XD

Phanima
August 4th, 2007, 04:35 PM
If that's the case, then I might take the initiative in being the chef for the town's restaurant. Cooking seems like an enjoyable occupation.

Chibi-chan
August 4th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Name: Almond Brimestone
Occupation: Innkeeper ( I always thought this would be fun to do~ [/weird])

Appearance: Almond is rather simple when it comes to appearance. She has blonde layered hair that goes to her shoulders with bangs that she normally keeps to the side. Almond's eyes have almost a crimson red tint in the light though they are actually almond in color. Her expressions are always very animated and cheerful, it's very rare that she's found in a bad mood. She stands at about 6"3 and has an average build with a slighly large bust. She isn't dainty nor is she muscular, though she is pretty strong but not farming material in the least. Almond's very fond of long sleeve outfits and is usually seen with a navy colored sweater or turtleneck. She loves to wear grey colored jeans as well along with her black and white tennis shoes. In the summer though, she wears either a black or red tank with denim shorts. Other than the standard things, Almond has a black watch on her left arm to keep track of her 'schedule'.

Personality: Almond Brimestone is a happy-go-lucky woman who loves to chat and socialize with others at the Inn. Depression and unhappiness aren't two of her personalities and she can get a little too carefree at times. She loves amusing herself with something, and if something doesn't come along, she'll amuse herself at someone else's expense. She loves meeting new people and loves to keep the Inn in tiptop shape. Almond isn't one to ever get mad, unless you do something to cause disruption in the Inn, but even then she won't get seriously upset. She's not one to take anything truely seriously either, so she's the last person you'd want to talk to about something serious or depression because all you'll get is a carefree response. She is a good listener though when it comes to letting out some steam or just random chats. Overall, Almond loves to make a happy atmosphere and listening to her radio.

History: Almond has lived in the village ever since she was born. She inherited the Inn from her mother's side of the family. Her father died in a car crash in he city when she was ten so Almond took it upon herself to help out her mother run the Inn. When she was seventeen, her mother remarried a man from the city. Of course, they invited her to come live in the city with them, but Almond felt that it was her duty to run the Inn. She's never been real fond of the city since her father died, so she's never gone to visit the city, but has always heard from travelers about it and letters from her mother.

Relationships: Aria- stepsister

parallelzero
August 4th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Okay, so they're works in progress. XD

Name: Kyle Seyf

Appearance: Kyle is a brown haired, green eyed teen with a 5'9" body that shows little hint of a muscular frame. In fact he is quite thin. His hair is usually styled so that his bangs cover his right eye, and he has a ponytail tied that goes down to his shoulders, like the rest of his hair. He has two main outfits, one for when he performs, and another more casual outfit. The performance outfit consists of a black cloak with a cloak lined with what are supposedly rubies, an even more rubies flowing down a seam down the center of the torso. Whether or not he wears the hood over his head or not is dependent on his preference, and the cloak is tied around his waist by a crimson sash. The cloak is generally packed full with props for his show, including the golden ring shaped like a snake around his finger. He refers to the ring as the key to his secrets, though he never reveals to anyone why. His casual outfit consists of a bland pair of navy blue jeans, and a black hoodie with a white shirt visible ever so slightly underneath. He also has a pair of black running shoes, and the snake ring is still present on his right index finger. Accompanying both outfits, he wears a golden earring shaped like a cross on his right ear.

Personality: Somewhat more enthusiastic than his sister, Kyle enjoys being the center of attention, and has an easygoing, laid back personality. He prefers to not have life get him down, and creates ways to take his mind off misfortune when ever it arises, which it does when you travel across the country in a horse drawn, covered wagon with your twin sister and a little girl who thinks of you as her brother. He is constantly competing with Kianne over silly things such as who's going to draw in the most money for the day, with consequences like the loser having to take the reigns for a whole day of travel. Being an illusionist, Kyle also has a very secretive and mysterious side while working. He is very touchy about his technique, and isn't afraid to bite off the hand of any unfortunate soul who questions his act. His number one pet peeve is arrogance, and is quick to inform someone of their arrogance when it surfaces, although he has an arrogant side himself in regards to his work. Overall, Kyle is a kind and caring person with a soft spot for girls and children. He is usually competitive with other guys, but in a stupid manner like how he is with his sister.

Relationships:
Kianne Seyf - sister
Sienna - friend

Name: Kianne Seyf
Appearance:
Personality:
Relationships:
Kyle Seyf - brother
Sienna - friend

Name: Sienna
Appearance: (Do remember it's a small farming town in the middle of absolute nowhere. The hottest trends aren't exactly going to be everywhere)
Personality:
History:
Relationships:
Kyle Seyf - "big brother"
Kianne Seyf - "big sister"

Phanima
August 4th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Name: Korin

Appearance: Korin stands at 179 centimetres and weighs an approximate of 67 kilograms. He is tall but also lean, and has small areas of built up muscle across his arms, chest, and legs. The contour of his face represents an ellipse at best, but is also rounded across the jaw line, giving his face a sturdier look. His eyes are large and are of a full brown colour. His nose is thin along the bridge and becomes rounded across each nostril. Each ear is curved almost straight back but is lifted up from the sides of his head, in proportion to the other details of his face. These are also partially covered by his black messy hair.

Korin’s hair is of a very dark colour and covers the majority of his head, to the point of being long enough to frame his face. Each fringe in his hair derives from the top of his head in a counter clockwise rotation. However, being messy and extremely unmanageable, it is often hard to tell. The direction of his hair differs across each side but covers his head appropriately to not looking obscure. The colour of his hair is an extremely dark brown, thus appearing black from a distance.

His attire consists of simple clothing that is suiting for the kitchen of a restaurant but can also be worn on other occasions outside of work. He adopts such clothing solely on the fact of caring little about his appearances and has no need to stand out. Clothing that is comfortable but also presentable (to some extent) is Korin’s only rule when it comes to appearances.

On this notion, Korin dresses himself accordingly in a both casual but professional manner. Firstly, he adorns a long-sleeved white collar button shirt over his torso and has each sleeve rolled up to behind his elbows. The collar is left unbuttoned to allow some breathing space around his chest and neck. A loose white undershirt also covers his torso underneath his collar. Both shirts are tucked into a pair of long grey trousers, tied across the waist with a traditional silver buckle belt. The belt leather is of a black colour and is only loosely worn. Korin’s trousers are long and loose down each leg, reaching just above his ankles and rests on the holes of his shoes. The waist of his trousers however, is fairly tight and can support itself without the assistance of a belt. Beneath each leg sits a pair of white ankle socks and black formal shoes. Both shoes are rounded across the tip and have been worn down considerably. Korin’s lack of care for his appearance is most evident in the condition of these items, but in accordance to his rule, as long as he is comfortable and semi-presentable, he is content with his current image.

Personality: Korin can be considered as any typical twenty-one year old, who has just spent the last fifteen years of his life learning about what he loves. He’s energetic and passionate about what he does and can sometimes be overbearing when he gets carried away. However, these are mere traits of his personality and on the whole, establish his initial attitude. From this, he can, from time to time, adopt sarcasm to respond to those he has a general dislike towards, or to merely tease. He does this all for the fun of the situation and almost always has the best intentions in mind.

Beneath his boisterous but also admirable enthusiasm for his work, Korin can become quite timid when meeting others for the first time. His pride and ego however, tend to get in the way of his true nature and can sometimes cause him to make decisions unfavourable for himself and others, in spite of his level of awareness about the situation. He also has a peculiar habit of admiring every girl and woman in town as a potential partner for himself, and often acts in a way that he believes that will attract their attention, despite the forged personality he may put on. Many of these attempts are light-hearted and are quickly waved off, leaving him in embarrassing and potentially ego-damaging situations.

Following this beneath-the-surface personality, a more humble and caring attitude that Korin is rarely seen displaying in public, does exist and is at most, limited to the confines of his own home and to his immediate family and friends. During the small periods of time where he does lower the façade of who he is, he can become quite serious and much more vulnerable to emotion. He harbours a deep care and kindness towards his sister, but in a different respect, refuses to relate with his parents. This is his true personality and any other emotions or actions he might display in public, are a charade of who he wishes to be.

History: Korin’s upbringing was one of both material privilege and emotional damage. Being the first born, his parents treated his existence in a way more familiar to a mistake, rather than a blessing. During this time, his parents had just begun their first business as co-owners of their own restaurant. Korin was six years old at the time of the restaurant’s opening and soon found himself both serving customers and helping his parents in the kitchen. Despite his efforts, he made many mistakes and was scolded on an almost day-to-day basis. This relationship with his parents lasted for the majority of his childhood, and the longer it continued the more mature and independent he grew.

Because of this, Korin was forced to mature at a much faster rate than other children his age, but found the transition to be much more beneficial for himself in the long run. No longer dependant on his parents, he continued working at his family’s restaurant in order to provide for himself and quickly made it his goal to move out and to start living on his own. He had turned fourteen at this time and would have proceeded with his plan, but another obstacle had gotten into his way.

During the first semester of the first year of the restaurant’s establishment, Korin’s mother Lilia became pregnant, and nine months later, Suen was born. If it had not been for his sister, Korin’s goal to leave and begin his own life would have only proceeded sooner than it inevitably had. Now that his parents had begun making a decent living and were about to begin raising their second child, Korin decided that he wouldn’t allow his sister to be raised in the same manner as he was, and took the initiative in caring for her during the day while his parents worked, thus cutting into his own working time and inevitably his only source of independence; money.

In spite of this however, his parents attitude had become much more accommodating for their daughter who could only rely on them for the necessities, despite Korin’s efforts. This was due to his parents’ restaurant and its quick success. By the second year, his parents had become quite comfortable financially and were able to bring Suen up in an environment, much more privileged than Korin had experienced. During this time, Korin’s treatment remained the same, and his existence was only ever acknowledged during his working at the restaurant.

After turning eighteen, the ill feelings in his relationship with his parents had lessened considerably and because of his loyalty to the family business, despite his true motives, his parents had agreed to support him temporarily while he found a permanent resident to move into. Suen had also grown up, and impartial to either side of the family, remained loyal to both her parents and her brother, supporting both sides whenever necessary.

Relationships: Tuoan (father), Lilia (mother), Suen (sister), Lynn (professional enemy/casual friend)

Ugh, this new sign-up is taking me a while. I have to finish his appearance soon so I can start on the rest of his profile.

@Chibi: Inn's have chefs? I thought they just had a bar. Either way, I can be the chef for your inn or have my own restaurant. Either is fine with me.

Rena
August 5th, 2007, 07:42 AM
My two current sign-ups. Also, I'll be gone for about a week, so I won't be active at all really, so I'm posting part of the sign-up's now.

Name: Regina “Tachi” Tachimi
Appearance: In a small town such as this, people describe Regina’s choice of apparal like “Oh my! Does she know that there are children in this town, no less some more sophiscated clothing stores..!” Regina sticks out like a black sheep in a herd of white ones, or as exact, a racing red apple in a batch of dull, yellow ones. Regina’s blonde hair is always bouncing about with her, while ringletted into many curls, a golden blonde color. Regina’s bangs are always pulled back out of her face, with a apple red crown that is outlined with a hint of gold. Her cerulean eyes are always gleaming with a hint of curiosity, yet with a glare of arrogance and spunk. Regina’s pale complexion always gleams off the sunshine, which Regina always basks in.

NOT FINISHED YETTTT.
Personality:
History:
Relationships: (You can leave this blank for now, though once we talk about it a bit more, you guys can decide who's characters are friends with whom and such)

Name: Gwenhwyfar “Wendy” Lauderdale

Loki
August 5th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Ugh, jesus christ. x_x; I'm going to die. I've never been this busy at all. So sorry for my abscence, but friday I was out of town all day, yesterday I had an asian party all day and now today I have a surprise party that's more of a surprise for me then for my friend. So I have to run around and go help out and buy his present which'll probably end up being a lame card and some money because quite frankly, I've no idea what he wants, other then what he needs which is some kind of video game console. But I'd rather that not get confiscated by his father.

Anyway, off-topic babbling aside, I'm still interested. Tomorrow I should be less busy, so I'll try to finish my entire sign-up tomorrow. D: Sorry!

Beatrice
August 5th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Yep, I don't want to call you Asch, because I can't really compare you to Asch, and I can't call you David because I don't know you that well, sooo I'll just call you the name I'll remember you by. If you don't mind.

Name: Aria Hannara

Appearance: Aira has a very buisness-like air to herself, which is pretty much the way she is. She could be called pretty in sorts, but isn't one to take the compliment. Her eyes are a bright shade of seagreen, which are even more amplified underneath her black rimmed, slim, square glasses. She has blonde straight hair that could reach to about her waist if she let it out. She usually keeps her hair in a bun in the back of her hair tied by a cerulean blue ribbon, though she has bangs in the front. She's around 5"8 inches and has a slim figure. Do to the fact that she's never done hard labor in her life, she's pretty dainty and has a very lightly tanned complexion. For her outfit, Aria wears a button-down white long sleeved shirt most of the time accompanied with a black bead bracelet on her right hand. She loves to wear denim, and wears a pair of slim-fit blue jeans with black slip-on velvet shoes. When it's hot, she'll change to a short sleeved version of her shirt and denim shorts. When not in use, her favorite black pin is placed between the bun in her hair or behind her right ear.

Personality: A solid introvert, Aria is just about the opposite of her stepsister. She's not one to carry on a conversation, nor is she one to start one unless there's some meaning to it. She's extremely quiet and focused with whatever task that she has at hand, and she likes to be kept busy. Her reactions are pretty much apathetic on the outside, though she can be pretty kind-hearted at times. She likes to chat about the city and philosophy and occasionally likes to ask people about their life for her future book, which can be pretty unsettlingly direct. She likes to speak in a respectful manner, but at times her answers seem enexpectidly blunt. Any interest in classic literature will start her on a talking frenzy. If you need help with anything though, Aria will always want to, though she'll never say anything for or against it. She's usually either walking around the village for insperation, helping out at the Inn, or sitting in a corner, writing down something for a future book. All in all, she's a quiet and unemotional person that can be reached eventually.

History: Aria's father remarried a woman from the town when she was tweleve.Her real mother had died due to cancer when she was six, so Aria didn't really want to accept her father with someone else but felt that it was the best thing for her father. Aria graduated from her highschool as validictorian though that was gained by forfeiting any social life she could have had. Before Aria went to college though, her parents recommended that she should spend her last summer with her stepsister in her mother's hometown. Thinking that such a village would be great insperation for some future writing, Aria came to the village to live with her stepsister for the time being in the Inn.

Relationships: Almond- stepsister

Loki
August 5th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Sorry, I'm in the mood for tragic pasts. :/

Name: Lynn Jozell

Appearance: With steel blue gray eyes and straw colored hair, Lynn isn’t exactly your number one looker. Her skin is rather pale, and dotted with freckles that are only visible if you really stare and look for them. She keeps her hair short, cut in a plain style which ends at her chin and is cut straight around, parted down the middle with no bangs to call for. When she’s working, Lynn is usually found wearing a pair of washed and slightly worn denim capri’s and a plain bright green ribbed tank top, along with her usual sneakers. However, during events and when she’s simply just walking about, she’ll usually be wearing a purple tank top, identical to her green one except for the color, and a pair of dark denim cargo capri’s overalls, along with a pair of black sporty clogs. She never wears any make-up or jewelry. Though not stick thin, what with constant work with the animal’s, Lynn manages to keep fit and somewhat healthy, even though her diet is unbalanced and rather off.

Personality: Confident and cheerful, Lynn is an independent girl who rather likes the ring of ‘tomboy’. Though in reality, quite a fraidy cat, Lynn seems to be determined to prove otherwise, and thus, rarely turns down a dare unless it threatens her life, something she values above everything else for more then just one reason. Though simple and agreeable on the surface, Lynn is a turmoil underneath, a young girl who has lived by herself for the majority of her life. Extremely sexist, Lynn believes that most men are worthless, and can’t do anything right. However, she hates people who hurt animal’s even more then men, and she is known to turn a bright shade of red, or purple, whenever presented with cooked meat. She has a sort of spacey attitude though, and though has a welcoming disposition, she is usually reluctant to leave her home for festival’s and events.

History: With her mother’s death passing a year after she was born, Lynn was never exposed to feminine things. Her two older brothers and father were all extremely tough and liked to poke fun at her by pointing out that she was a girl and couldn’t even lift a spade. Adventurous and curious, Lynn was always following them around the barn and helping with what she could. Her father’s death came when she was 4, and left with only her brothers, Lynn decided that she needed to help lift the burden. She ate less and worked more, becoming a little unhealthy in the time being. She hid this however, terrified that her brother’s might spend money on medicine. It was tragedy after tragedy, and her older brother, though not oldest, died in a fire accidentally set to the barn while trying to clear out the animal’s. Successful in saving all of them, he lost his life in the process. Now left with only one family member, and only 13 years of age, Lynn became frightened of everything. She still ate less, but no longer helped, terrified of animal’s, terrified of the barn, wrapping blankets around herself to keep warm in winter because fire frightened her to tears.

It took two years for her to get over the third loss, and she practically disappeared during this time. It was only the strangest news that could cheer her up, though at the same time, making her sadder then ever. Her oldest brother announced that he would be going to the city to study, and it was only his excitement which kept Lynn from throwing a fit. He proceeded to show her how to keep the place running, and a year later, left his 15 year old sister to fend for herself. Feeling left behind, Lynn decided to forget she still had an older brother who was alive, and acts as if he never existed. The graves of her ‘only’ family sit near the back of the property in the grazing fields.

Relationships:

Name: Erikkz (Arron) Geote (Almearda)
Appearance: True to his personality, Arron stands at an imposing 6’6”, with heterochromatic eyes, one warm chocolate brown eye, and a very sharp hazel one. His sandy taupe colored hair hangs in his eyes, normally brushed slightly aside with the back of his hair slightly curling up to give it a more layered look when Arron doesn’t dry his hair after showers. Otherwise, it hangs loosely and ends just above the base of his neck, his bangs only ending about two inches above the rest. His features are sharp, and he wears a white square eyepatch over his warm colored brown eye, one with looped straps that wrap around the back of his ears, framing his other eye. With a loose collared long-sleeved shirt that’s too long and gathers on top of his tan khaki cargo shorts, Arron likes to keep his attire simple, usually rolling up the sleeves of his white shirt. With a pair of black flip-flops on his feet, and the occasional thin sweater around his waist, Arron isn’t really a sight to behold from the neck down, with a slender build that is rippled with muscles for lifting shipments. He is slightly tanned, and his skin is just a shade lighter then his shorts.

Personality: Crude and almost never without an irritated expression, Arron appears to rather dislike other people. He’s not particularly social, and only takes part in festival’s because it’s a good chance to bask in how different his life is, and how it’s taken a backseat to everyone else. If there’s nothing in the shipping box when he stops by, Arron always gets annoyed, often snapping at the farmer before leaving. Though he seems to keeps to himself, Arron somehow knows when everything happens, is about to happen, and to exactly whom is involved. Though he only divulges facts he needs to say, the shipper is in on every bit of gossip in town. A seemingly bland person, Arron is quiet and prefers to be in quiet places. Disagreeable, Arron actually finds it rather entertaining when his indifference causes people around him to become angry, and actually tends to make enemies of people he's never even spoken to.

History: Originally from the city, Arron Almearda has never said a word about his past to anyone. Nothing about his doings before he came to town, Arron is sure to keep his history dead silent. In reality, the reason for this is because Arron Almearda never existed anywhere in the city. His real name was Erikkz Geote, a real gentleman. Kind and gentle, Erikkz had friends in every part of the city, known for his generosity. It would not be in accurate to say that he sat comfortably in his father’s shadow. As a powerful CEO, Erikkz had all luxuries to account for. Never without friends, Erikkz put great trust in everyone around him, never thinking that anyone would betray his trust.

But that was far from the case. On the eve of his 16th birthday, Erikkz’s father was arrested on multiple charges, felonies that grew more terrible with each passing revelation. Such a wonderful, kind, and generous fellow. Now shunned and hated, Erikkz’s life fell apart, shattered into pieces as he inherited everything his father left behind in his will when he was sentenced to death. Uninterested in material things, Erikkz spent the next three years slowly tearing down his late father’s empire, changing his outlook on the world entirely. Betrayed by his father, by his trust, and by his friends, Erikkz lost everything all at once. The only way to gain it back was to start over. Changing his name, his appearance, locking himself up, and donning a thorny disposition, Erikkz became Arron, his ideal, a man who would never dream of trust, of kindness, generosity, or happiness in life. Because the ideal was never loved nor ever loved another, the ideal would experience no happiness, nor any hurt. Because there was no such thing as trust, there would be no such thing as betrayal.

Relationships:

Chibi-chan
August 5th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Lol, that's true, there are no chefs in inns I don't think; never mind! ^-^

Craig²
August 6th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Has anyone taken the pupeteer spot yet?

parallelzero
August 6th, 2007, 10:55 AM
So, lets have a goal to have everything ready in three days. That okay for everyone? I've mentioned it before, but try and sort out what relation your character has to others, since they have technically been living in the town for some, if not all of their life and should have relationships with other town members.

As for the geographical outline, I'm thinking we should include:
-A mountain complete with a trail and all (=o), with a spring up near the top surrounded by tales and folklore
-Either the ocean or a lake nearby
-Farmland, obviously
-A forest bordering town, usually subject to ghost stories by the townsfolk

Anyone else have any other ideas?

Chibi-chan
August 6th, 2007, 11:05 AM
That totally reminds me of the Harvest Moon 64 map (http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/1910/images/bigmap.jpg). Includes a happy little pavillion for festivals or just to sit and think under cherry blossoms~

My character (Almond) pretty much likes everyone that stays at the Inn, but then again she can establish a relationship with anyone gossipy or lighthearted~

Loki
August 6th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Yaaaay, I told you we should do the HM64 map Davi-kun. ;3

Anyway, I don't think I'll be handing any Relationships to Geote. :< He doesn't socialize nor does he like people. But he's usually found in the inn during the day and the bar during the night, because that's where the most 'city news' passes by. Unless he's at the beach. ;3

As for Lynn... :/ Dunno. Lulz,

Lynn & Korin = Mortal enemies. *shot* [/no cooking animulz plz.]

As for the rest, well. :/ There aren't many people who are apart of the basic occupational flow of Harvest Moon, you know? D: There's no Florist, there's no Carpenter, there's no Mayor, there's no Priest, there's no Tool Shop Owner, there's no Bartender there's no Bakery, etc etc.

:< Are they all going to be NPC's?

And, if this town is dying, and needs tourists, why in good god do we have so many entertainers?

Beatrice
August 6th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Well, I guess you could say that Aria might as well do something if she's going to be at the village, so she could be a bartender and help out Almond as well. Honestly, I was thinking the same thing about the entertainers; one would think they'd all be in the city..o.o Anyway, I would assume they'd be NPC's, you don't do much as Priest >:

Or maybe the NPCs could be the same NPCs that were in Harvest Moon 64! That's a good solution to that, I think.

As far as Aria's relationships go, she's not really friendly with anyone; not even her stepsister because she's so introverted. She'll be either at the beach or in the pavillion writing or helping her sister do odds and ends. She'll be interested in anyone who likes literature though (b'-')b

parallelzero
August 6th, 2007, 12:42 PM
No, we can't use the NPCs from HM64, because I've never so much as touched it, let alone played it. XD

Loki
August 6th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Well, can I assume that everyone's at least played

HM:SNES? I mean. It was like, the original. x_x;;

And, have you played Friends of Mineral Town? :O The NPC's in Mineral Town and 64 are essentially the same, just with different occupations.

Florist problem : Solved.

Name: Anna Kalinder

Appearance: The first thing to notice about Anna is her vibrant eyes that appear to be a vivid shade of lavender. Though they look slightly sleepy and droopy, they give Anna a very kind aura, her smile gentle and warmed by these eyes. Her hair is an ashen black color, a dark gray if you will. It is kept long, a few inches past the small of her back, while her bangs are cut across her eyebrows, a white headband normally found sitting on her hair. Anna is almost always clad in a white sundress, with a square collar and thick straps. The skirt ends just past her knees, and has a very delicate lace-like design around the bottom hem. She wears a pale lavender waist apron when she's working, and also wears a pair of plain white sandal clogs. Though she's 19 years old, Anna is very easily mistaken as a 16 year old, due to her slightly petite build. Two silver bangles clank against each other on her wrist whenever she moves her arm. When it gets cold, however, Anna opts to don a pair of black tights, and a pale lavender long sleeved dress with wide sleeves. Thick white lines wrap around the hem of the skirt, sleeves, and around the collar, while a long black skinny scarf is wrapped around her neck. She's almost always wearing large white hoop earrings, and has a very wide range of perfumes made from flowers and fruits.

Though she helps out at the pub and is the bartender's daughter, she has a habit of being extremely wary of dirty things, alcohol included. Though she does wear a waist apron, she becomes extremely frightened if it is dirtied, and only accepts that her white bib and waist apron be allowed to be stained or such. She always has a pair of black gloves on her person, these gloves to protect her hands just in case she has to work on something not quite as clean as she'd like it. Anna's hands look as if they haven't seen a day's worth of work, her nails perfect with a layer of clear nailpolish on top to strengthen them, and soft skin that is clear of any sort of blemish.

Personality: Though Anna appears to be quite the fragile person, this is the only thing holding her back. Her body isn't quite made for adventure, but her mind would give anything to experience the breeze at the top of a tree, or the feeling of cool water all over your body as you swim. But Anna has a sensible mind, and she knows point blank that her health would never allow her to do these things. She has a tendency to worry about things to the point where she becomes hysterical, with nobody being able to calm her down at all. And though she is almost never caught without a smile on her face, Anna can be extremely hard to please. She is extremely picky in what she eats- Refusing to eat meat, like her friend, and with a tongue that dislikes sweets, it's a challenge to cook for Anna at all. She gives off the attitude that she's a pushover and is kind and giving, because this is all that her body, which is fragile and weak, can permit her to do. Frustrated, she often refuses medicine, and stays at Lynn's house to avoid it. Though she dislikes it, Anna is often reading, as it's the only way she can find to experience adventures, even basic ones like straying out of town. Anna honestly resents most everything in her life, though prefers to make it out that she loves everything about it, and would never give it up for a different one. She is a master at weaving lies to give others moral support and other similar things.

Anna is quite frightening when she loses her temper, however rare it is. During these instances, she ends up throwing a temper tantrum, no matter how small the matter is, and like when she becomes worried, is impossible to calm down. Screaming, crying, and violent quaking are almost always apart of these tantrums, as it's usually the moment in which all the frustration at her life that has been bottled up is released, all at once. Anna is actually quite childish, and rather annoyingly innocent.

History:

Relationships: Lynn - - Best Friend
Leon - - Friend

-----

Performer (Asch)
Performer (Asch)
Performer (Rena)
Performer (Stardust-Kumo)
Performer (Pipluper)
Chef (Phanima)
Bartender (Mizz)
Shipper (Mizz)
Livestock Dealer (Mizz)
Author (Saber)
Inn Keeper (Chibi)
Florist (Alter Ego)

Did I miss anyone? :<

YoshiRiRu
August 6th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Wow. Count me in! I love HM. ^^

As for the town situation, I think that it'd be best to use either the HM64 or the Mineral Town map. Those are probably the best suited for what we're going to be doing. The AWL/DS town is just too.. egh. And we may not even need the whole town; we might as well just make up our own town. With all the fabulous graphic artists here, I doubt it'd be much trouble to just whip something up.

Alter Ego
August 6th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Actually, I claimed dibs on florist. Meanie mods swiping other people's spots...*Pout* :< But fine, you'll just have to tolerate my character's presence, though, 'cause I'm not giving up both. =O Oh, and I guess I could do the toolshop person, unless someone else is coveting that position too?

Name: Cecil Aegisfield
Appearance: Pretty much average height-wise, Cecil's body is rather thinly built with long, slender fingers well suited for precision work and long legs which make him look slightly taller than he really is while standing. His skin is fairly light, although his hands usually have a brownish or greenish tinge to them due to his chosen profession. His eyes are light brown, accompanied by a thin pair of horn-rimmed glasses, and usually at least partially obscured by the mop of chestnut-colored hair that occupies the top of his head and his nose is strangely flat at the front, as if it had been broken and then healed in a slightly wrong direction - Cecil himself doesn't wish to comment on this particular feature, however, and besides this particular quality he's pretty average-looking as males in the town go.

When it comes to clothes, Cecil usually wears a shamrock green shirt accompanied by a pair of standard denim color jeans, although these garments are usually covered by a set of worn clothes to protect him the garments from the dirt that is all too often encountered in his profession. His shoes are little more than a pair of worn sneakers, although in the cold seasons he exchanges them for a pair of thick boots and pulls on a warm jacket.

Personality: A bit of a pushover by nature, Cecil has a highly developed sense of guilt which makes him an easy scapegoat for anyone unscrupulous enough to exploit this weakness. He always tries his best to get along with those around him, even if he really hates them, and is usually the first to apologize and start mediations when arguments get out of hand. Cecil is not completely spineless, however, even though his behavior sometimes gives this impression. In matters that are truly important to him, he is persistent and unyielding to the point of obsession, and although he always seems to be happy with a pleasant smile on his face, this is usually because he keeps all other emotions bottled up. To Cecil's mind, his concerns and personal grudges are his business which he shouldn't burden anyone else with. He is, however, something of a busybody; trying to take care of anyone and everyone he cares about, and is actually quite skilled in tending to smaller injuries, although this skill doesn't even compare to his ability to care for plants.

Overall, Cecil is a mellow and agreeable type of person, but on the very rare occasions that he does lose his temper it is best to simply leave him alone, a few hours of gathering his composure usually being all it takes before he comes back with an apology. He's actually quite social and talkative, although he has trouble starting a conversation about most things besides his one true passion in life: flowers. During festivals he can usually be found on the sidelines, enjoying the atmosphere of the event, even though he usually choses not to actively participate.

Somewhat withdrawn by nature, on the times when he's not working at the shop, Cecil can be found strolling around town (usually at a polite distance from most people), lost in his thoughts, or in the surrounding wilderness on one of his many searches for new plant strains to cultivate. During his strolls, he doesn't really avoid the company of others per-say, he simply isn't actively searching for it.

History: It all started as an idyll; the union of the hard-working carpenter and a young woman who had sought to flee the stress of big city life for a more peaceful one in countryside, the few idyllic years spent together with their son and, soon, daughter as well. Unfortunately, few idylls last a lifetime. Five years after Cecil's birth, the relationship between his parents grew increasingly strained. As the conflict escalated, Cecil became increasingly torn in loyalty between his father and mother, both of whom, it seemed, had begun looking at him and his younger sister - Claire - as little more than tugs of war. The boy tried his best to mediate between the two, but it did little but delay the inevitable: a few years later, Cecil's mother simply took her divorce money and left, never to be heard from again, something for which Cecil still blames himself. After the divorce, Cecil's father grew increasingly bitter and introverted, spending less and less time at the shop and more and more at the local bar, soon building up a tab he couldn't manage alone. It's a public secret that it was actually the Aegisfield siblings that kept the family standing for the last few years of Aegisfield senior's life, Claire taking up the carpenter's trade in her father's place while Cecil sought a career of doing what he loved most: tending to plants. Unfortunately, this turn of events did very little for Aegisfield Sr's already wounded pride, and it soon became a regular argument in the household. To his father's mind, Cecil's choice of career was a direct insult to everything he stood for and a betrayal of his old man, while Cecil remained unusually adamant in his decision. The bitter argument never had a proper resolution; Cecil's father died soon after the boy turned seventeen, leaving him with self-blame for life, even as the inheritance of the shop was - by mutual agreement - handed to Claire.

Relationships: Claire - Younger sister

Finish later...sorry, but I've been force-recruited for carrying help. :3 I'll also have the sister's profile up then, so until then: NO CARPENTERS PLEASE. Thank you. ^-^

Craig²
August 7th, 2007, 01:19 AM
I'll make my profile in a bit.

He'll be a pupeteer named Sasori.

Chibi-chan
August 7th, 2007, 05:32 AM
Quick question here...Do we even have a farmer? o.0;
At first I thought someone was going to leap to that, but I guess not. I'm still kind of wondering how everyone's going to interact with each other if they have a store to run; but I guess it'll work it's way out.

Phanima
August 7th, 2007, 05:42 AM
I guess we use this thread to establish our characters and their professions, then from that, decide who knows who and can make up some back story of some kind to support those relationships.

The farmer position completely left my attention. Strange.

R.A.M.
August 7th, 2007, 05:52 AM
Is it too late to join? I really like HM, specially the DS game.

Chibi-chan
August 7th, 2007, 05:54 AM
Nope, it's not too late :3 Sign up is at the bottom of page one for now.

.Aero
August 7th, 2007, 06:15 AM
This may sound stupid, but I have a suggestion on how to work this RP. The first post each day should have like a big Spring 1 Monday at the top, and then the next first post of the next day in real life would say Spring 2 Tuesday or whatever at the top and so on. This is sorta boring to do, but we can schedule festivals accordingly. It's just a suggestion so I don't think many people will support this. XD

Phanima
August 7th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Don't find flaws in your own suggestions, that's for us to do, and makes it look like spam. All suggestions are welcomed, or should be if they're not.

Anyway, in relation to your idea, I like it, in the sense that it maintains the game's schedule in a way that's logical, kind of. Since so many of us live in different countries, it'd be hard to specify who would be the first post of the day in accordance to PC's time. Of course, you can remedy this by just editing the post when you see the time, but then again, you'd have to edit your post in relation to going to sleep and waking up and so on.

Also, does this town have a name, because I was just finishing the history for my character and included him moving to this town, but realised I don't know the name of it. Any ideas?

Beatrice
August 7th, 2007, 07:01 AM
The problem I see with that is generally the time frames. If person A is having a conversation with person B, and person B can't respond until tomorrow and person C makes it the next day, then what happens to that conversation? I don't think that people could balance out the time when they're interacting with each other and they aren't on at the same time. Time's a good thing to worry about I guess, but honestly, I'm not sure if the RP will go that fast to need. it. =\

The only name I remember for a HM village is Forget-Me-Not.

Loki
August 7th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Awww. D: My apologies AE, I totally missed that! I'll change it, no problem~ <3 How about... :< Eh. Waitress should be fine.

So now we've got ourselves a bartender too. :3

Anyway, YoshiRiRu could be our farmer if he's up to it. I'm not entirely sure if he is though.

Names: Hahaha, wow. That's like, what I suck at the most. Ummm...

Time Frame: Er, I don't really agree. I think everyone can hail to the fact that RP's at PC do not move quickly, thus, by the end of the fifth week in real life, we'll only be on like, the second day. :< Although I couldn't give an alternate suggestion to it, so... :/

I updated that list of taken occupations on the page before this, but that's just assuming that everyone gets accepted.

Stardust-Kumo: Puppeteer named Sasori? :< Are you looking for a Naruto RP? *shot* Hahaha, ignore that. Anyway, I think you should try for something more original, but that's just my opinion.

Chibi-chan
August 7th, 2007, 09:32 AM
So will we use the Harvest Moon 64 map? I don't see any places we really need to add you know; we could turn the bakery into a restaurant, so that would work out.
Oh, the name of the Harvest Moon 64 town was Flower Bud, fyi.

parallelzero
August 7th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Unless someone wants to write up a nice big description of the HM64 map, there will be problems using it. Not everyone has played, nor are they familiar with HM64 (me included).

If we really need a farmer, I can exchange Sierra for one. I just threw her in as an extra anyways.

The day per day thing wouldn't work. Most people here only have a chance to make an RP post once or twice a day, so there is no way in heck we'd be able to make that work. XD

.Aero
August 7th, 2007, 11:01 AM
:laugh: that's why I said you wouldn't really like it. Cuz it really doesn't work for most people's schedules. Anyways, how are we gonna plan events then? Do we just post like in a OOC when or should we have the towns people mention it in their conversations? I'm trying to think of a girl character that will later get married to Steven, but I can't think of a good name. Right now I'm looking at Emily, Amanda, or Ashley.

Edit: Maybe Kelly.........I like too many names. Someone tell me which one I should choose and first person to say one of the names gets to choose completely so it's like a one vote poll. XD

Choices:
Emily
Amanda
Ashley
Kelly

Chibi-chan
August 7th, 2007, 11:20 AM
I'll give you all a walkthrough of the village, courtesy of Cheeb. :3

http://www.members.tripod.com/HM64/13b730b0.jpg

Enlarged View:

A: This is the Town Square. Pretty mucha concrete pavillion that's surrounded by cherry trees with a fountain at the end. Used for festivals and such.
B: This is the typical HM Bar/Inn- *actually for this, on the inside, I image a Mineral town visual...a.k.a a two floor Inn that looks like a bar on the bottom floor*
C: This is the Church. It has a pretty organ inside :3
D: This is the Flower Shop. It has seeds and flowers and stuff.
E: This is the Tool Shop. For...tools.
F: This is the restaurant. It was a Bakery in HM64, but might as well turn it into the restaurant.
G: This is the Mayor's house.
H: This is the library.
I: The Midwife lives here. Or someone else could; *shrugs*
J: This is the Potion Shop.

http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/1910/images/bigmap.jpg

Really Big Map

Top North: A mountain trail. There's a spa up there and a house.
North: A waterfall, a pond, and a little area in the forest. The harvest godess supposedly lives in the small pond to the northwest.
MiddleNorth?: That's a vineyard.
East Farm: A farm.
South Farm: Livestock Seller's farm
SouthEast: That's the beach.
SouthWest: That's the racetrack.

*whew*

.Aero
August 7th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Very Nice, I guess my character's will be living in the Inn. XD Yay inn cooking!

Jack O'Neill
August 8th, 2007, 12:02 AM
These are quite obviously works in progress. XD

Name: Michelle Nagato
Appearance: Captain Nagato is a woman of average height and weight, 5'7" and weighing in at exactly 120 lbs, with hazel eyes, short silvery-purple hair, and a pale complexion. While her bust size is certainly a cut above average (cup size: 34C), her real physical assets are her hourglass figure and long legs, which are emphasized by her preferred style of dress. Her everyday attire consists of a black tube top, a red leather pea coat cut off at the midriff, a black micro-miniskirt, a black leather gun belt with a gold buckle, maroon leg warmers, and black leather knee-high boots with 3" stiletto heels; her only accessories are the dog tags that hang freely around her neck, a relic of her days in the military. She openly carries a Beretta 93R (http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg137-e.htm) and a stun baton on her belt; she also carries the standard police service pistol, a Taurus PT92 (http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg93-e.htm), concealed in a holster under her jacket and a KA-BAR in a sheath strapped to the outside of her right thigh.

On the occasions that Michelle is forced to go out into the field, she wears the standard-issue police battle dress uniform, which is essentially a modified version of the Soviet Naval Infantry battle dress uniform (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/58/Soviet_naval_infantrymen_DN-SC-91-02252.jpg): camouflage-patterned shirt and pants, blue-and-white-striped undershirt, black leather boots, and black felt beret (adorned with the insignia of the defunct Military Assistance Command, Vietnam Studies and Observations Group (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f7/Macvsog.jpg)). She retains her gun belt, shoulder holster, and knife sheath.
Personality: While effectively the leader of the local precinct due to the constant absenteeism of the police chief, Captain Nagato isn't really given over to the leadership role. If she hates anything, it's bureaucracy; she delegates all matters concerning job politics and paperwork to Lieutenant Asahina, much to the latter's consternation. While she is by far the most serious of the officers on duty, such a distinction really doesn't mean much; she speaks in a flippant tone and has no inhibitions against bending the rules and playing pranks if she knows they will not result in any serious repercussions. A benevolent and even-handed boss, she sees Lieutenant Asahina and Sergeant Koizumi as more like little siblings than actual subordinates; she allows them to get away with things as long as they can make up valid excuses for themselves or as long as they aren't blatantly breaking the law.
History:
Relationships: Stephanie Asahina, Jonathan Koizumi - subordinates

Name: Stephanie Asahina
Appearance: Due to her constant changing of outfits, the only constant about Lieutenant Asahina's appearance is her physical body. She is taller and slightly thinner than average, standing at 5'9" and weighing in at 125 lbs, with russet eyes, long sandy brown hair, and a fair complexion. While she has long legs and an hourglass figure, her biggest asset (no pun intended) is her large bust (cup size: 38D).

Stephanie has a major fetish for uniforms other than those assigned to her. She has a particular love for the French maid uniform, which she is most often seen in; her personal variation consists of a short and clingy black satin long-sleeved dress with puffy shoulders and white lace cuffs and collar, a white apron, black fishnet stockings, and black pumps with 3" stiletto heels. Stephanie has also been known to wear a red bunny-girl costume (she bears a striking resemblance to an older Mikuru Asahina in this getup), standard-issue Japanese sailor fuku (black colour scheme (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/59/School_uniform.jpg/800px-School_uniform.jpg), in her case), a cheerleader uniform from an unidentified high school (school colours: blue and white), and a pure white nurse's outfit; she only wears the police BDUs when absolutely necessary. The only things betraying her as a police officer, no matter what getup she's wearing, are her black leather gun belt and dual shoulder holsters; she wears a taser and stun baton on her belt and two Taurus PT92s in her holsters, along with a KA-BAR in a sheath strapped to the outside of her right thigh.
Personality: Lieutenant Asahina is essentially the chore girl for the precinct, tasked with doing Captain Nagato's paperwork and restraining Sergeant Koizumi's overzealousness. While most people in her rather unenviable position would have suffered mental breakdowns long ago, Stephanie keeps soldiering on with impeccable grace and dignity, maintaining a bright and sunny disposition at all times; the mere fact that she continues working at all is a sign of her great resilience. Despite her generous inner strength, however, she has started to show signs of cracking under the strain of her work; these manifestations often take the form of spurts of hyperactivity and bizarre behavior. While she tends to get flustered easily, she almost never gets angry; on the rare occasions that her temper flares, however, even Michelle and Jonathan have reason to fear her.

Like Jonathan, Stephanie exhibits great devotion to her line of work, though she is nowhere near as zealous as her partner when on duty. However, she shares the department-wide disdain for rules and regulations, and she is also perfectly willing (albeit with some reservations) to cross professional and ethical lines in order to bring criminals to justice. While Jonathan likes to use brute force and bare-faced intimidation to lay down the law, Stephanie prefers to flirt with her opponents, disarming them with sheer sex appeal; she has no qualms against exercising peace through superior firepower should that tactic fail, however.
History:
Relationships: Michelle Nagato - superior officer
Jonathan Koizumi - partner

Name: Jonathan Koizumi
Appearance: With his small russet eyes and a full head of raw umber-coloured hair, Sergeant Koizumi bears more than a passing resemblance to a cross between Itsuki Koizumi (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0f/Itsuki_Koizumi_character_song_album.jpg) (any coincidence in family names is just that) and a younger version of Dirty Harry (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/27/Harry_Callahan.JPG). Jonathan is by far the tallest and heaviest of the three officers, standing at a slightly imposing 6'2" and weighing in at a relatively scrawny 150 lbs; despite his seeming lack of muscle, he possesses a surprising amount of physical strength packed into his wiry frame. He is perhaps the only officer who bothers to wear the standard officers' uniform on a regular basis; he likes it so much, in fact, that he is almost never seen in civilian clothing, the exact opposite of his two superior officers. Jonathan's variation on the police uniform resembles a hybrid between the uniforms of the People's Liberation Army (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5f/PLA_soldiers.jpg) and the United States Marine Corps (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a1/PlateII_Enlisted_Service_Uniform.jpg): a khaki dress shirt, a black tie, an olive drab jacket (with the appropriate shoulder (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c3/ChNC04.gif) and arm insignia), a white leather gun belt with a gold buckle, olive drab trousers, black leather jackboots, and an olive drab combination cap with a red band and black visor (oddly enough, it is adorned with the crest of the Republic of Korea Marine Corps (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/26/Rokmc.gif)). He openly carries a jet-black Israel Military Industries Desert Eagle (http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg16-e.htm) chambered in .50 Action Express and a stun baton on his gun belt; he keeps his Taurus PT92 hidden in a holster under his jacket and has a Gerber Mark II combat knife hidden in his right boot.
Personality: At first glance, Sergeant Koizumi is by far the most relaxed and carefree of the officers, rarely seen without a playful smirk on his face or a lecherous glint in his eyes. A slacker in the extreme, the only things he's concerned about most of the time are drinking, pulling off elaborate pranks and ridiculous stunts, picking up chicks, and playing computer games, all of which he excels at. Consequently, the only things that can motivate him when he's off the clock are hot chicks, plenty of booze, ample opportunity to prank someone or pull off a stunt, and the chance to kick some hapless n00b's butt at Counter-Strike or StarCraft.

Despite his lackadaisical demeanor, Jonathan still has a well-developed sense of duty and will do his job if called upon. As a perfect contrast to his laziness off the job, he tends to be quite overzealous in the line of duty; while obviously well-meaning in the execution of his duties, he tends to exhibit a flagrant disregard for individual rights and public safety and is prone to flaunting his authority. He is also perfectly willing to resort to legally dubious methods in order to arrest criminals or keep them detained, albeit only as a last resort. While on the job, he tends to pepper his speech with movie quotations where appropriate.

While difficult to anger, Jonathan has an extremely fiery temper once suitably irritated. He especially doesn't take too kindly to insults; his usual response to a personal attack is to brandish his Desert Eagle or stun baton and beat the offender severely while screaming death threats and vulgarities in Tagalog (which has the additional side effect of confusing Michelle and/or Stephanie whenever they're in earshot), with the intensity and duration of his berserker rages tending to be amplified whenever he's under the influence of alcohol.
History:
Relationships: Michelle Nagato - superior officer
Stephanie Asahina - partner

YoshiRiRu
August 9th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Shotgun Toolshop guy! When I get back this evening, I'll post my signup.

Craig²
August 11th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Name: Sasori

Appearance: Sasori's faded crimson hair makes him stand out amongst the other townsfolk, and sparks others interest in his origins because not only are Sasori's parents unknown to them, but such scarlet hair is rarely seen. His face is smooth and, no matter how many years pass by, he still seems to mantain his youthful apperence. His skin is pale, sheilded from the sun by his constantly hanging head. Sasori's eyebrows are a deep chesnut color and very defined, neat and thin. His eyes are deep and shroud his true feelings of pain and mourning with angst and spunk. For a reference picture, see: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/61845127/?q=Sasori+vector&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5&qo=1 . His clothes consist of a large black cloak, sandals and leggings.

Personality: Sasori shrouds his deep feelings of melancholy and greif over his parent's death with angst and spunk. In the days before his parent's death, Sasori was open and playful. He does not sheild his appearence and identity from others nowadays, but does not trust others and has lost his playfulness. Nobody sees the mysterious side of Sasori, as he is well known around the town and is avioded by must of the younger children, who fear his unkindness. His sour personality came from the death of his parents. On rare occasions, if provoked or probed Sasori shows his emotional side. On the other hand, if provoked emough and if he is in a dangerous mood, Sasori bursts out violently and usually ends up injuring another.

History: Sasori was born on a cold winter morning in the oddest place you could imagine; a cave. The cave was located off a ridge overlooking the town where he grew up. His parents, traveling preformers, lived there in secret, keeping their faces shrouded and their names a mystery to everyone outside of their family. Occasionally the parents would go into town and preform in the streets as a source of income. Sasori lived in the hideout with them until he was 6, but still lived a normal life in the town, running earrends for his parents, socializing, and playing. At five years of age they taught him how to pupeet, and he became increasingly obsessed with it until he became a master at 6; better than his own teachers. Shortly after becoming a skilled vantrilliquist, however, tragedy struck. The ridge with the cave had collapsed as the cave had begun to cave in due to recent harsh changes in the weather. It all happened while Sasori was out running earrends and his parents remained in the cave. They both died and Sasori quickly arrived at the scene to dispose of the bodies, as his parents were not to be identified as it was their wish.

Relationships: N/A. Sasori doesn't have any friends as of now. He doesn't bother to socialize due to the fear that he'll lose the person who he bonded with like he lost his parents. Sasori spends his time strolling around aimlessly, hanging around the Inn (where he lives), and preforming for money. Due to this however Sasori is often quite lonely and, admits (in private) that he longs for a companion despite his fears.

parallelzero
August 11th, 2007, 01:04 PM
@Jack: I resist your SOS Brigade. None shall pass. XD

So, is everyone still interested in this? If so, what plot are we using? XD

And I guess I'm making a farmer. =x

Jack O'Neill
August 11th, 2007, 01:15 PM
@Jack: I resist your SOS Brigade. None shall pass. XD

So, is everyone still interested in this? If so, what plot are we using? XD
Well, you've got an ersatz Akatsuki member acting as the town puppeteer, so why not have three wannabe SOS Brigadiers act as the town sheriffs? xD

As for your plot, well...I was thinking we'd go with something along the lines of Save the Homeland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvest_Moon:_Save_the_Homeland), wherein the entire village will be demolished to make way for a resort and amusement park if the corporate interests either find no proof that the village is prosperous by year's end (or are driven off by terrorists). Can I be allowed to say "guerrilla warfare"? xD

parallelzero
August 11th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Stardust-Kumo, I can't allow you to participate with a character that's a clear rip off of an anime character. Use your own ideas and stuff, don't clone a Naruto character. Oo;

Well, if we're going with a plot like StH, we need at least one more farmer, because one farm won't exactly save a village, realistically anyways. XD

Loki
August 11th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Gah, I would, but I don't want to get rid of any of my three characters. x_x; And Yoshi-kuns seems like he's been really really busy, so I might not be able to squeeze a toolshop guy AND a farmer out of him. But I'll text him and ask, if I can find my cellphone...

R.A.M.
August 11th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Woops, totally forgot to make my character's bio x_x

I think Lynn can't handle the whole livestock thing by herself, so Cedrik arrives to help her.

Name: Cedrik Arbourn

Appearance: Cedrik's straight hair is as dark as night can be; it flows down to a point that it completely covers his ears. He needs to put aside his bangs with his hand because they cover his eyes, making his work even harder. His emerald green eyes are big and deep, giving you a warm feeling when staring at them. You can almost always see a warm smile on his face which fills you with joy and makes you feel comfortable; it's rare when he's not smiling and even rarer when he's sad. He has a small, pointy nose, small and curved ears, large eyelashes and thin eyebrows. He's 6’1” and has a weight of 152 pounds. Cedrik has a good physic even when he doesn't work out; guess the work on the farm is good enough to shape his arms, legs, abs and chest. If you pay attention, you'll notice he has 2 tiny moles, one on his left ear and the other one on his right forearm.
When working, he wears blue jeans, a white t-shirt, white tennis shoes, a green cap and for some reason, and old bandana around his arm, apparently it has a very significant value to him. On his day off, you can normally see him on a red t-shirt, black jeans, blue sneakers, a black watch and, of course, his old bandana around his right arm. Cedrik is rarely seen wearing formal clothes.

Personality: Optimist, gentle and cheerful, Cedrik’s a guy who enjoys nature and peace. He’s the kind of guy who likes to be in a good mode. Although he may not appear it, he’s a little shy. He hates to leave the things at half way, especially when it comes to farm work. He likes to take walks, especially around the forest just to reach the Harvest goddess’ spring. When the winter arrives, he gets even happier. Like most of the adolescents of his age, he’s stubborn and very outgoing.

History: N/A

I'll finish it later, also, can there be a doctor? since there's one in every game...

Chibi-chan
August 11th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Lol, StH is a great plot seeing that we have so many performers anyway XD I'm too busy running this here Inn, so I wouldn't be able to make a farmer. And I suck at being a farmer in HM anyway lolz
We do have a livestock seller, and if David is making a farmer, would that be two farms?

Loki
August 11th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Well, I don't know if you'd consider Lynn's farm a 'farm'. Sort of like in 64, it's not a crops & animal farm, it's an all animal farm, so there's not planting area. Just a grazing field. But I guess it could be a farm?

And uh, I think I specified that Lynn runs the Livestock business by herself R.A.M. < <

But if I didn't uh, then I guess that's my fault.

Craig²
August 11th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Stardust-Kumo, I can't allow you to participate with a character that's a clear rip off of an anime character. Use your own ideas and stuff, don't clone a Naruto character. Oo;

Okay then. I'm too lazy to come up with my own idea so, count me out then. :x

Unless I suddenly get a bright idea or something. Which I'll probobally end up doing.

Lol. I've been wayyyyy to into Shippuuden Anime lately so my mind was on Sasori. Plus I'm addicted to Akatsuki comics.

I feel like being creative anywayz. :x

R.A.M.
August 11th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Well, I don't know if you'd consider Lynn's farm a 'farm'. Sort of like in 64, it's not a crops & animal farm, it's an all animal farm, so there's not planting area. Just a grazing field. But I guess it could be a farm?

And uh, I think I specified that Lynn runs the Livestock business by herself R.A.M. < <

But if I didn't uh, then I guess that's my fault.

Ok, sorry about that, then I'll make him a farmer >_>

YoshiRiRu
August 12th, 2007, 02:04 AM
I r teh jump! t00l sh0p d00dz, ftw!

Anyway, I like how this character turned out; I know that if I procrastinate any longer I'll either end up changing him completely, or never get him done at all. I did the first part in 2nd person, because I think that's a good way of describing appearance.

Name: Leon Canon

Occupation: Tool Shop owner / Mechanic (Sort of like the Pyrotechnicians in AWL, 'cept not short balding and creepy.)

Appearance: As you walk into the tool shop, Leon slides out from underneath a new invention on a wheeled board. As he stands up, wiping his hands on a presumably once-white rag, you take a moment to notice how big he is, nearly standing 6'2", with broad shoulders and a generally sturdy build. His hair is a light sandy blonde, the very bottom in the back reaching to about the top of his neck, and his front bangs dangle playfully in front of his eyes (or they would, if they weren't held out of his face by a pair of workman's goggles.) He laughs a little bit, takes off his oil stained leather work gloves, and brushes a stray strand of hair out of his minty green eyes, before extending a hand out to greet you. His arms are pretty powerful, you think to yourself as you shake his hand, looking around the tool shop at all the machinery, probably from all of that heavy lifting he has to do.

He's in his work clothes, a pair of dirty jeans and dark brown sneakers, with a grease covered white t-shirt covering his overside. His smile is nice and bright, and he makes eye contact with you, as most people in smaller towns do. His tan face accentuates the small amount of freckles accumulated underneath his eyes and around his cheeks, due to sun exposure.

Personality: From the moment he starts speaking, you can tell that Leon is just one of those people that you would call a "good guy." He's very socially active, you can tell by the way he makes eye contact and is able to make you feel like you're in a deep conversation with him, even while he's busy bustling about the tool shop. Although very ambitious, he can tend to get overexcited, and move from thing to thing, sometimes without finishing the prior project; shown by the various unfinished tools and machines that lay strewn about his workspace. Even as he titters around the toolshop, tending to this, and adjusting this, he cheerfully makes conversation; nothing too special, just the standard "How are things?" "I heard about your grandma; she okay?" but it nevers seems to be just idle chit-chat; Leon has a way of bringing vibrance to whatever he comes along to.

When it comes to things that he is serious about, however, a different man surfaces. This Leon is hard, stubborn, and relentless, whether it's defending his point in an argument, or on the brink of completing a new invention. When he's working on a new machine, he rarely sleeps, and can become irratable. Although you know it isn't you he's upset with, you generally want to leave Leon to himself when he gets into one of his "modes."

History: Leon spent the first twelve years of his life living a moderate-upper class lifestyle in the city. On the summer of Leon's twelf birthday, Leon's mother Renee took ill, and his father Dean decided that the city air was bad for his mother's lungs, and decided to move to the countryside, for some relaxation.

When Leon turned thirteen, the old mechanic Rick gave the boy his first set of cast-iron building materials. Kid stuff. Simple metal rods that you linked together with nuts and bolts, it came with a few little engines; you could make a real running clock, and a moving car, things of that nature... but Leon fell in love. His passion was found. He began building anything and everything out of anything and everything that he could - using old junk from Rick's shop he was able to make small household gadgets by the time he was fifteen. (none of them really were any good, since he didn't have any REAL materials to work with, but it's the thought that counts, and most of them worked fairly well for what they were.)

On the summer of Leon's eighteenth birthday, Rick the mechanic died of a collapsed lung, and the tool shop was closed down, awaiting a new caretaker. Later that summer, Leon's father held a family meeting, and decided that it was time to move back to the city; Renee was doing well, and Dean had some very fine business opportunities to be had. However, Leon opted to stay and reopen Rick's tool shop, seeing that he was eighteen and well on his way to being a man. Now, three years later, Leon runs Canon's tools. A little behind on the rent, but that's okay. A little unsatisfied with what he's done with the place so far, but that's okay too. The point is, Rick's legacy is being carried on.. and that's all that matters right now.

Relationships: I'm sure he has some.. but as for who, I have no idea yet. He'll probably be friends with some of the shopkeepers around the area, and any regulars at the town inn/bar thing.

Loki
August 12th, 2007, 03:37 PM
We should start this soon. x_x

Like.... before I start school? D:

So we'll have a plot like this:

The town is going to be torn down and reconstructed as an amusement park unless they get some serious economy change. Hence, why all the entertainers are here, due to the fact that the park is going to be built soon. But if farmers make good use of the abandoned farm land, then farming will become the town's main thing, and thus, not torn down and reconstructed?

Performer (Asch)
Performer (Asch)
Performer (Rena)
Performer (Pipluper)
Chef (Phanima)
Bartender (Mizz)
Shipper (Mizz)
Livestock Dealer (Mizz)
Author (Saber)
Inn Keeper (Chibi)
Florist (Alter Ego)
Police (Jack)
Police (Jack)
Police (Jack)
Tool Dealer (YoshiRiRu)
FARMER!! <3 (R.A.M.)

Jack O'Neill
August 12th, 2007, 04:04 PM
So we'll have a plot like this:

The town is going to be torn down and reconstructed as an amusement park unless they get some serious economy change. Hence, why all the entertainers are here, due to the fact that the park is going to be built soon. But if farmers make good use of the abandoned farm land, then farming will become the town's main thing, and thus, not torn down and reconstructed?
Yeah, that sounds good for a general plot as far as most of us are concerned.

I really need to finish my profiles. xD

Chibi-chan
August 12th, 2007, 04:06 PM
I second that. Sounds good enough to me.

.Aero
August 12th, 2007, 04:14 PM
I'll have Steven's girlfriend come in later but I'll try and make a profile for her later, are we gonna post the profiles in the actual RP or will we just leave them here?

Rena
August 12th, 2007, 04:35 PM
j00 forgot mai mailwoman xD. Gwensomethingsomething.

Loki
August 12th, 2007, 04:46 PM
AH! Miki-chan I DID! </3 So sorries.

Performer (Asch)
Performer (Asch)
Performer (Rena)
Performer (Pipluper)
Chef (Phanima)
Bartender (Mizz)
Shipper (Mizz)
Livestock Dealer (Mizz)
Author (Saber)
Inn Keeper (Chibi)
Florist (Alter Ego)
Police (Jack)
Police (Jack)
Police (Jack)
Tool Dealer (YoshiRiRu)
FARMER!! <3 (R.A.M.)
Mailwoman (Rena)

Mailwoman. LUL. So redundant.

Craig²
August 12th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Mizuki - I know it's a bit sudden but I changed my character's profession and added a new character.

Name: Katsumi
Occupation: Rancher; Katsumi raises and breeds livestock and poultry on her farm. She was taught by her grandfather, who once owned the ranch, and so despite her young age, Katsumi is able to run it fairly well.
Ranch Info: Katsumi's ranch is called Fallaron Ranch, and is run by Katsumi, although the townspeople do come occasionally to aid her with the chores. She has 10 cows, 5 sheep, 10 chickens and 5 ducks. She raises and breeds the poultry before selling their offspring and eggs. She raises and breeds the livestock before selling their product and offspring.
Appearance: Although Katsumi often appears beaut-up and exhausted due to her relentless duties at Fallaron Ranch, she still mantains a 'classic beauty' look underneath the scratches and sweat, which she often only shows during formal events and festivals. Her face is smooth and her skintone is quite pale, hindered with scratches that seem to dissapear as time goes by. Her long, wavy golden hair glows luminiously when it isn't restricted in a tight ponytail or bun, which it often is during her work. Her bangs seem to curve around her face, alining it with airy golden strands. Her eyebrows, hidden under her light bangs, are as blonde as her hair, yet they do not fade into her skintone. Her vast, deep eyes are emerald with a touch of lime green. Katsumi is known for her beauty only during formal events. During her regular farming regimen, Katsumi's face is hindered with scratches, hair restricted, and clothes distasteful. Her farmwork clothes are nothing short of simple; a tight, plain white tee (which costantly needs washing), a short, plain black skirt (Not denim. Chosen over pants because it helps her move better), and white sandals (Katsumi is not rich and cannot afford fancy tennis shoes, and prefers them anyway since she hates the feeling of restricted toes). During festivals, Katsumi wears her faded-pink kimono style dress and matching paper parasol; she saved up quite a lot for it, and so she only wears it during formal events.
Personality: Katsumi, although a bit on the shy side, is confident and kind. Despite her constant work duties, she tries very hard to please those around her by helping out in the community and attending festivals. She always says hello to those she knows and greets them with love, but to those who she is not familiar with, Katsumi is shy and standoffish. She adores the little children and the elderly, and takes time off to play with the young kids or spend time chatting with the elders. Katsumi tends to be humble and modest, but inside, she is very proud of her work. She would never intentionally harm another person, although she does stick up for the weak. When one insults or offends Katsumi, she never says anything back; instead she walks off without a word. She greatly dislikes violence and cruelty of any kind. Her ways may tell her to be polite and kind, but when it comes to protecting what she loves, Katsumi is not afraid to fight back.
History: Katsumi was born on Fallaron Ranch and grew up there. Her mother and father loved eachother very much and Katsumi grew up in a loving and stable envioronment until, when Katsumi was merely 6, her mother fell ill. The town did not have the medicine to treat her condition, and so she eventually passed away. Destroyed by the sudden twist of fate, her father fell into depression and later commited suicide. By this time, the orphaned Katsumi was still unable to understand such things, and lived under the impression that they simply died and felt no suffering, and so she never became disturbed. Rather, she kept her feelings of melancholy locked deep within her and tried relentlessly to gain the love of others. Her grandfather took care of her, and since she was growing old and needed to pass the farm down (which had been in their family for years). When she was 8 he began teaching her the ways of ranching, and she excelled rather quickly. At fortueen her grandfather died of old age and Katsumi inherited the ranch. For two years and going she's run the farms alone with the occasionally help of the townspeople. She lives alone in the ranchouse with her dog and cat. She grows herbs merely for the joy of cultivating a plant. Her relative's graves still remain on the farmland.
Relationships: Katsumi's close relatives are deceased. Her distant relatives have no part in the family buisness and live elsewhere, and although they know of Katsumi's existance, they choose not to involve her in their lives.

Name: Kisa
Occupation: Cheif Baker at a small town Bakery; Kisa's Pan-Ya (Bakery). She works there seven days a week, 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM. She seconds as a shopkeeper when there is buisness, but when the shop is empty, she works on the pastries and the other foods she sells. She has a small team of workers that work in the kitchen (back of the shop).
Buisness Info: Kisa's Pan-Ya was originally a run-down abandoned shop in town. Since it was empty, Kisa moved right in and spent several months fixing up the shop. She seperated the main room in 2; the front was the shop and the back was the kitchen. She hired a small team of workers to keep the place going, and although she is usually found in the kitchen cooking up new treats, when there is a customer, she seconds as a shopkeeper.
Appearence: Kisa looks rather ordinary; just a bit 'cuter' than most, but than mainly has to do with her personality. Her hair is chin-length and full of body and bounce; curly black ringlets and huge, bright hazel eyes. Her skin is fairly pale and her nose is dotted with tiny orange freckles. Her head is rather 'short' and small. She's fairly skinny despite constantly 'sampling' her own creations. She wears a very clean white apron with a plain pink long-sleeve shirt dress under it as work clothes. During festivals she wears a little faded violet dress. Her hair, during work, usually just hangs down with no paticular style or is pulled back in a stuby ponytail. During festivals she pulls her hair into a tight bun with a fancy pin or net.
Personality: Kisa acts rather innocently, and is incredibly humble about her work. She often donates her treats as a refreshment at festivals, and so she is reveered as kind and helpful. She giggles sweetly whenever she receives a compliment. People see her as an adorable little kid and, at heart, that is truly who Kisa is. She is well-known by others and is on friendly terms with everyone she meets. However, she is very clever and sneaky.
History: Kisa came from a loving family and once lived in the city until she was ten years of age. She had visited the countryside and wanted to live there very badly. She desprately attempted to convince her parents to move but her tries were to no avail. Enraged, pleading and desperate Kisa formed a flawless plain to run away. She chose the town (here) as her location, as it was far away. With full knowledge of the chances of her plan failing despite its perfect composition, she carried it out and ended up succeeding. Although she lost quite a bit in the proccess, she was able to make a life for herself by opening the bakery and living at the inn.
Home: Kisa lives at the Inn.

Katsumi's Sample-Post

Dawn's feeble light graced the snow dusted farmland of Fallaron Ranch, shedding light on the vast pastures and the cows grazing within them. The ducks plopped joyfully into the pond, dazzled by the shimmering affect of the new morning. Another frigid winter had embraced the land, casting a white veil over the Ranch's many barns and polutry sheds. Inside the quaint little ranchouse, Katsumi was just awakening. Her tired eyes adjusted to the luminious rays of sunlight as she dressed quickly in her workclothes and headed out. Breakfast and other matters would come later; she'd gotten a late start that day. Katsumi jogged west twoards the widespread pasture and jumped the stone fence with ease. Her livestock rose their heads momentairily to look, then, uninterested, turned away. As she made her way twoards the center of the feild, she patted them absent mindedly. Her tools were lying in a small box in the centeral area of the pasture. She extracted each one, shoved her hands into the leather gloves, and turned her attention to the closest cow. "No running away this time, alright, Azumi," she said assertively and began brushing and milking the aggitated cow, who cooperated dispite her discomfort. The sun rose higher as Katsumi sent from cow to cow, gathering their milk and brushing them. By 1 PM she was finished with the work, haven cleaned every cow and sheep and shorn/milked every sheep and cow. She wiped the trickling sweat from her damp forehead with a loose rag and put the tools away, heading for the ranchouse. She grabbed a quick snack and left promtly. As she headed over to the eastern side, which held the barns and a few crops, she thought to herself, "It's winter and, with anymore snowfall, the grass will become completely covered in snow. The cows, stingy as they are, will refuse to it..I should lead them into the barn tomorrow and start feeding them fodder." The ducks were squaking peacefully, hopping in and out of the pond. Her chickens plucked at the white veil shrouding the grass, hoping to uncover a seed or two for lunch. "And these birds..During winter, the best they can hope for is a fallen seed or product from the crops. I've been low on money so buying large quantities to support the animals for an entire season seems to be near impossible..Hopefully, during this harsh season, the eggs, wool and milk will be in high demand..And nearby farmers may want a few poultry or livestock," she wispered under her breath, carrying the birds into the birdhouses, sheilding them from the unforgivin weather. She spread out the remaining fodder between them, sighing as she did so. "The cows and sheep can last another day..But not these birds," she said as the last of the feed was tossed into the trough. Katsumi rubbed her sore, tired arms and felt her rucksack. It was bulging with items. She carried on twoards the shipping bin and dumped her efforts into the empty tub. She prayed for her work to pay off. With her remaining money, she scurried off into town and bought a few goods beforing returning to her Ranch and stored everything away in her fridge. "The crops have died and the grass won't return until spring, and on top of that, I'm finished with work..I suppose a deserve a bit of a nap, right?" She said drowsily, eyes flickering, conciousness slipping through her fingers like thin threads...

Kisa's Sample Post Coming Soon
I Know I didn't need to make a sample but I just did. :3

parallelzero
August 16th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Okay, so everyone is cool with using a StH-like plot? If so, I'll make the plot some time tomorrow. (While I'm not watching the Canadian premier of HSM2, of course)

.Aero
August 16th, 2007, 05:51 PM
XD HSM2, my little bro's b-day is tomorrow so that countdown on Disney was kinda like a b-day countdown. I'd probably be watching the Naruto Hundo for the next 3 days, so I may not post until then. XD

Ghetto-Dawg
August 16th, 2007, 06:10 PM
uh hi
i love harvest moon and i mean LOVE Harvest Moon.
I havent read alot of this thread but could somebody tell me if i can join and whats going on

YoshiRiRu
August 16th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Er, buddy. How about you read the thread?

Craig²
August 16th, 2007, 11:19 PM
uh hi
i love harvest moon and i mean LOVE Harvest Moon.
I havent read alot of this thread but could somebody tell me if i can join and whats going on

Well right now we're just discussing it and everyone's posting their sign-ups. Basically, the discussion is being finalized and I believe the roleplay will start soon, so I'd post your sign-up. Also I'd reccomend reading the rest of the thread for reference.

And I'll be doing the same as Pipluper; watching the Hundo. Then I'll have school but I'll find time. And yeah I'm good with a Save The Homeland plot, though I'm more used to the geography of HM: DS.

Ghetto-Dawg
August 17th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Name: Chris
Appearance: http://public.tektek.org/img/av/m08/d23/18/32be20.png
Personality: Foolish and loves to prank people.
History: He was one of the most popular kids when he was in school in the city but now he wants to have a simple life and just lay back.

parallelzero
August 20th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Ugh. I'm sorry guys, can someone else make the thread? I've got too much on my plate right now. ><
Whoever makes it can think up the town name and that~

Jack O'Neill
August 20th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Ugh. I'm sorry guys, can someone else make the thread? I've got too much on my plate right now. ><
Whoever makes it can think up the town name and that~
Unless someone else comes forward, I'll assume responsibility for making the thread.

Ghetto-Dawg
August 23rd, 2007, 07:33 AM
ill make it if u want

if not thats ok

Zelos
August 23rd, 2007, 04:59 PM
*Crosses fingers*

I'm hoping this thing is still active, 'cause I am an absolute Harvest Moon fanatic and would love to join this. I'm not sure if there's any room left for anyone else. I've read the entire topic and got a pretty good idea of everything, so if you could somehow squeeze me in that would be awesome. ^^

I've dreamed up this male character who is an astronomer whose "laboratory" sits on top of a small hill with a giant telescope sticking out of the roof. I've also dreamed up this girl who works at and runs a bakery, but it seems that was taken only a few posts ago. Stardust-Kumo, is there any chance that my character could somehow work at your shop?

Anyway, if it's allowed, I'll edit this with my two sign-ups as soon as I can.

Jack O'Neill
August 23rd, 2007, 05:02 PM
Worry not, this RP's open to all. Just post your signups and wait while I get the actual gameplay thread up. XD

Chibi-chan
August 23rd, 2007, 05:04 PM
The faster this is up the better =.='
School is killing me and I'd hate to put off some RPs because of it, but if this doesn't start soon, I'm really going to have to drop out cuz I can't be dedicated enough.

Ghetto-Dawg
August 23rd, 2007, 05:07 PM
so Jack are u making the thread?

Jack O'Neill
August 24th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Wow, y'all must be blind or something, not being able to see the main game thread in the main RP forum.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=102933

Go along and play now. The more you dawdle, the closer OCP gets to razing the village.

.Aero
August 24th, 2007, 12:52 PM
I've seen it I just don't want to post. It just doesn't seem right for my character to start it off. You know what I mean? I'm going to wait until I feel it's right for me to enter it.

Zelos
August 24th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Alright, here's character #1. Hope's she's acceptable in everyone's eyes, although honestly, I probably could have done a lot more with her. I'm starting on my astronomer dude right now, and hopefully he'll be up soon. ^^

Name: Belle (Isabelle) Gracien

Appearance: Belle is rarely seen anything but a flowering, one-piece dress in some form. Her favorite, a light blue gown-like piece of clothing that is adorned with teal swirls and small flower patterns, can usually be seen on her. She bounces around in a small pair of noiseless sandals that match whatever dress she decides to wear that day.

Her eyes are a deep forest green, and her hair is a dark hazel. She usually keeps it tied up while she’s baking to keep everything clean, but when she’s out she likes to let it flow down around her shoulders. She hardly ever wears make-up unless it is a special occasion, as she sees those products as unnatural. Her complexion is just shy of pale, but she does get a nice tan every now and then on the days she heads out to the beach.

Personality: Belle is a very apologetic person, apologizing for almost everything she does. She tries her hardest to please everyone as much as possible, and hopes to make everyone an acquaintance, if not her very best friends. She practically radiates kindness, though it is mostly a shield, hiding her inner tragedy behind a screen of smiles.

Though, truthfully, Belle is a gentle person and does her best to lead an honest life, even though her childhood was nothing short of horrendous. She makes up for the lack of love that was given to her by sending out what’s left to the others around her and casting off an aura of genuine caring.

History: Belle grew up in a large far, far away from any sort of farming community. She attended school and lead a normal life on the outside, but at home was a different story. Her father was a drunkard, and spent more time unconscious then he did awake. So Belle’s mother, trying to see her husband’s drinking problem as just as phase and would pass, worked long, long hours at a small business downtown and was almost never home. She was trying to gather enough money to support three, and it was not easy on her own.

In his conscious states, Belle’s father had fits of rage, and he would just storm through the house, taking out his frustration on anything in his path. Unfortunately, sometimes that thing was Belle, and she was beaten so much during her childhood she was pretty much scarred for life, in both the literal and figurative sense of the word. (Hope I used those words right. XD). Belle sustained many injuries, which included but not limited to, scars, bruises, cuts, and many different injuries. Belle’s mother was never there to do anything about it, but Belle never told her mother what about happened. When inquired about her numerous injuries over time, Belle always lied and said she had fallen or tripped and other mistakes like that.

Belle grew up with a dark cloud over her, beaten constantly by her father. But she took an interest in cooking, and starting using as many excused as possible to stay out as much as possible until her mother arrived home. She took several cooking classes at school to develop her skills, and planned to be a culinary artist when she grew up. She especially enjoyed baking sweets, so her plan was to open her very own bakery as soon as she got out of her father’s dark hold.

Belle turned 18, and despite her closeness to her mother, left and began traveling, trying to find the perfect place to settle down and use her limited funds to set up her own shop. She heard of this place Tierra Robada, and it needed desperate help or it would be torn down to make way for a resort. Belle didn’t think this right, so she moved in, buying herself a small place and hoping to find some sort of cooking, wherever it led her.

To this day, Belle’s secret past still haunts her and terrorizes her dreams. She wishes she could find just one person to confide her inner pain to, and maybe, just maybe, the darkness inside her heart would relinquish.

Relationships: Belle hasn’t made many friends, as she has just recently arrived in town, but she hopes to make friends with everyone.

(Sorry about the short personality and the bulky history, I always find personalities to be so hard to fill out as they are easier to develop in the actual role-play, but I could go on for hours with a single history. XDD)

And here's number two, yay!

Name: Dirk Cresswell (This name sounds familiar to me, is this some character in a video game or something and I just happened to dream up the same name? If so, then please feel free to tell me and I’ll change it right away. XD)

Appearance: Dirk’s hair is short, and jet-black colored. It’s usually hung in place by a pure white headband, modeled with a red star. His eyes are a peach color, and match his fair complexion.

Dirk, when he’s not working, is usually found in a polo shirt, his favorite one being white with red stripes and a turned-down collar that hugs his just slightly-muscular frame, and a simple pair of jeans. He always keeps his favorite necklace hung on him, a gold chain with a silver, star figurine on it.

When working, Dirk wears his traditional white lab coat with the deep, wide pockets and the symbol of three intertwined planets in the top-left corner. Dirk wears glasses while he’s working but his vision is slightly poor, but when he goes out he hardly ever wears them.

Personality: Dirk leads a mostly isolated life, living in his small, cramped shack by himself. He almost prefers it this way, with no distractions to keep him from his work. But a part, a very small part deep down inside him, longs for just someone, just one person, that he could connect with and really pour out his life to.

Dirk is very intelligent, almost to a point that he has become a social pariah. Most individuals that Dirk encounters usually feel inferior to him, and therefore avoid him, leaving him in the cold. But Dirk is somewhat normal, he eats, breathes, and sleeps just like a normal person. What was wrong with him? What was it about being intelligent that just separated you from the rest of the world?

Most people think of Dirk as just some tightwad, spending hour after hour locked away in some laboratory. But he actually did normal things, he would go out grocery shopping, attend festivals, and go along on the occasional beach trip. Why were there so many absolute mental ideas about what scientists were like? Dirk hopes to change that; they aren’t freaks of nature. They were regular people…

History: Dirk grew up, leading a relatively normal lifestyle. His father worked as a woodcutter and miner, and was rarely seen because he worked long, hard hours trying to provide for a wife and three children. Dirk’s mother stayed at home as a housewife, taking care of Dirk and his sister and brother. They weren’t exactly poor, but their living was affected by how well’s father had done in the mines that week; sometimes he struck it big and sometimes… he never really found anything.

Dirk took an interest in astronomy, but was pushed by his parents to get a job in some manlier job, like what his father did. Whoever heard of a small town miner’s son becoming an astrologist? Half of the town had never even heard the word before.

But Dirk was proud of his uniqueness, glad that he had found something different from what people today expected him to be. And it all started when Dirk bought his first, small telescope from scraps of money he found here and there. He peeked up in the sky and noticed a quick flash as a shooting star zoomed through the night sky, then vanish as it died away as quickly as it had come. He closed his eyes and wished. He wished he could do this for the rest of his life, the thing he admired… and loved.

Alter Ego
August 25th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Lawl, I went and forgot about my unfinished profiles. >.< So sorry. Oh, and I plead temporary blindness for not having noticed the thread. *Shot* Anyways, here's the alluded-to sister in Cecil's profile. :3

Name: Claire Aegisfield
Appearance: Somewhat more strongly built than her brother, several years of handling axes and the other tools of her trade, while not having given her much in the way of feminine appearance, have left Claire with quite a bit of muscle-tone, which she is certainly no stranger to making use of should the situation arise. Having spent a lot of time outdoors and in physical demanding work, she is very physically fit with a distinctly darker skin pigment than Cecil. Claire's hair is bushy and dark brown in color, usually kept in check by a simple piece of cloth unceremoniously tied across her forehead. Her eyes are dark blue.

On the clothing front, Claire is plain to say the least, usually wearing a shirt with a black and red checker pattern and a pair of denim colored jeans with a thick tool belt to go with them. Her feet are occupied by a pair of sturdy logger boots, rain or shine, and although She seems largely unbothered by weather, Claire has been known to put on a sweater should temperatures really drop.

Personality: Somewhat temperamental by nature, when things are going well, Claire is as bright and cheerful as can be, always ready to chat up with others or join up in whatever seems to be the most fun around, often skipping out on tasks she deems unimportant, but goodness forbid that something should go wrong. Nearly always at the center of festivals, Claire is fiercely competitive and quick to resolve any argument by a 'friendly little competition', usually meaning a contest or dare of some kind, and takes great pride in every victory she achieves - particularly in stereotypically 'male' competitions. She also has a nasty tendency to rub her victories into other peoples' faces, much to the annoyance of some, and her sometimes overblown taste for alcohol tends to loosen her tongue a bit beyond most people's comfort. On the positive side: once she has won a competition, she considers the affront - no matter how severe - completely forgiven and forgotten. Should she lose or be otherwise humiliated, however, the guilty party will soon discover that the old proverb about 'a woman scorned' certainly holds true in Claire's case, and strong as she is, it is best to keep a fair bit of distance from her during those occasions...and preferably lock away her toolbox as well.

Although generally a procrastinator of the highest order, Claire never slacks about her job, though, and since she's the only proper carpenter left in town most people have learned to live with her - or at least pretend to. When she promises to get her work done, she'll strive to live up to that promise no matter what. The job is, it seems, not only Claire's livelihood but also her main form of aggression release. When something bothers her, she wants to let it out immediately, and often does so against the poor, unsuspecting nails she hammers or trees she chops. Although this habit in itself seems harmless, it is best to keep small children out of earshot, as many of the expressions she applies are certainly not of the kind you'd expect a proper young lady to know.

Ever the dominant personality, Claire has a tendency for acting bossy. Despite technically being the younger sibling, there is no question about her dominance in the Aegisfield household, and whenever any form of organized effort is put together, she's usually the first to demand the leader's position (And loudly shout down anyone who dares to protest). She won't stand other pushing people around in her presence, however, and has been known to stick up for the underdog in such situations, for better or for worse. Also, for all her faults, she's never one to weigh down another. "Claire Aegisfield carries her own weight." as she is fond of saying, "and..." she tends to add with just a hint of pride, "That's not just in a metaphorical sense either.". Overall, she's not a bad person to be acquainted with, provided that one has the sense not to poke at her ego too much...and possibly to throw a contest once in a while too.

History: Born much into the same circumstances as Cecil, Claire differentiated herself quite clearly from her brother even at young age. Already adamant about what was or wasn't her fault, Claire took no blame on herself for her parents' eventual divorce, simply pressing on with her life. She had long been observing her father at work, and when the man started becoming increasingly negligent of his own work, Claire soon took up testing what she had learned in practice. Much to the dismay of her father and his injured pride, the girl turned out to be very good at what she did, and as time passed it became generally accepted that she was the new town carpenter, although very few had the heart to mention this in Aegisfield senior's presence. This led to arguments at home, of course, but Claire dismissed the arguments by stating, quite matter-of-factly, that someone had to get things done. Eventually, nature went its course and took her father to his grave, and quite frankly the girl wasn't sad to see him go. In the absence of a proper will, the carpenter shop was passed on to the siblings and Claire claimed it without any argument, although due to a lack of funds half the shop has now been remodeled to accommodate Cecil's florist shop. An odd combination, perhaps, but they make it work.

Relationships: Cecil - Older brother

Aaanyways, I'll just wait to see if everything is a-okay with my little duo before making my entry post, m'kay? Saves a lot of hassle. :3 Oh, and if anyone thinks their character should have a reason to get along with/not get along with my characters now would be a good time to set up inter-personal relationships. ^-^

parallelzero
August 25th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Done, kinda. I'll add some more to Kianne's personality later. XD

Name: Kyle Seyf

Appearance: Kyle is a brown haired, green eyed teen with a 5'9" body that shows little hint of a muscular frame. In fact he is quite thin. His hair is usually styled so that his bangs cover his right eye, and he has a ponytail tied that goes down to his shoulders, like the rest of his hair. He has two main outfits, one for when he performs, and another more casual outfit. The performance outfit consists of a black cloak with a cloak lined with what are supposedly rubies, an even more rubies flowing down a seam down the center of the torso. Whether or not he wears the hood over his head or not is dependent on his preference, and the cloak is tied around his waist by a crimson sash. The cloak is generally packed full with props for his show, including the golden ring shaped like a snake around his finger. He refers to the ring as the key to his secrets, though he never reveals to anyone why. His casual outfit consists of a bland pair of navy blue jeans, and a black hoodie with a white shirt visible ever so slightly underneath. He also has a pair of black running shoes, and the snake ring is still present on his right index finger. Accompanying both outfits, he wears a golden earring shaped like a cross on his right ear.

Personality: Somewhat more enthusiastic than his sister, Kyle enjoys being the center of attention, and has an easygoing, laid back personality. He prefers to not have life get him down, and creates ways to take his mind off misfortune when ever it arises, which it does when you travel across the country in a horse drawn, covered wagon with your twin sister and a little girl who thinks of you as her brother. He is constantly competing with Kianne over silly things such as who's going to draw in the most money for the day, with consequences like the loser having to take the reigns for a whole day of travel. Being an illusionist, Kyle also has a very secretive and mysterious side while working. He is very touchy about his technique, and isn't afraid to bite off the hand of any unfortunate soul who questions his act. His number one pet peeve is arrogance, and is quick to inform someone of their arrogance when it surfaces, although he has an arrogant side himself in regards to his work. Overall, Kyle is a kind and caring person with a soft spot for girls and children. He is usually competitive with other guys, but in a stupid manner like how he is with his sister.

Relationships:
Kianne Seyf - sister
Sienna - friend

Name: Kianne Seyf

Appearance: Despite being Kyle's twin, Kianna always has her hair died a colour creamy grey colour that flows down to her knees, though her eyes are of the same shade of green. She also possesses the same height of 5'9". During work (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/Daiaki711/animegoth.jpg), she usually wears a long black dress with frilly, white material on the sleeve, and around the neck and torso. She also has a black collar around her neck with a silver cross ornament hanging down from it. She also has a black scarf tied diagonally across her hair, tattered white cloth hanging from the edges of the scarf and tied in a simply white bow where the scarf is also tied. She has a pair of black shoes on her feet, but of course due to the dress, you can't see them. While off duty, Kianna keeps her neck up in the same attire, but wears a black tanktop with a red cross on it, and a black skirt that goes down to her knees. Dressed like this, her black running shoes are visible, with red socks coming up just past her ankles.

Personality:
Kianne carries with her that quiet, emotionless persona that one could expect from a person with such a career. Her face usually wears a blank expression, and she doesn't talk a lot, not being a very good conversationalist, and the only person she really shares any sort of feelings with are her brother. Even so, she loves her work, even if she doesn't appear to. Because of her personality, Kyle has a tendency to hold a protective attitude over her. In reality, her attitude is due to a childhood trauma, one that she won't even tell her brother.

Relationships:
Kyle Seyf - brother

Do I still need to make a farmer character? I kind of don't want to, because I'm in other RPs (that are slowly dying due to people not posting), so I'm not sure I want to do a third. oo;

Jack O'Neill
August 27th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Do I still need to make a farmer character? I kind of don't want to, because I'm in other RPs (that are slowly dying due to people not posting), so I'm not sure I want to do a third. oo;
If R.A.M. continues to be AWOL, then you may well be forced to write up a farmer character.

Chibi-chan
August 27th, 2007, 12:58 PM
*headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk*

I'll get to my posts eventually...it's just...I've never had this much homework in...FOREVERZ ;-; Gomen nasai...gomen...

Loki
August 27th, 2007, 02:00 PM
AAAAAAHHHHH DAVID YOU'RE ABUSING YOUR STATUS!! >OOO

*grrr*

Anyway, I can write up a- oops, no nevermind I can't. Just remembered that I've got two other sign-ups to finish hurrr...

And Chibi, iz fine, we haven't really gotten anywhere without the farmer anyway. ^^;

.Aero
August 27th, 2007, 03:13 PM
I have school now, and don't have much time to write big long paragraphs like all the ones I've seen. I'm sorry to say that I'm gonna drop out. :( ~desu '-'

Craig²
August 27th, 2007, 04:58 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! *hugs Saba* D=
Whyyyyy.... ~ Desu

Where's R.A.M, btw? He/She needs to post, they're the main farmer.

Off-Topicness: By the way Saba I need to PM you about teh skin ~

Alter Ego
August 27th, 2007, 11:22 PM
If R.A.M. continues to be AWOL, then you may well be forced to write up a farmer character.

No worries, if R.A.M. is a no-show and Archsage really doesn't feel like it then I can take that spot too. I mean, I've got a slot to burn anyway, and RP characters shouldn't be force-created, especially not important ones. :3

R.A.M.
August 29th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Kay seriously, whoever is the farmer needs to hustle their butt up. D:

Or at least post their sign-up to say, "Hey there! I'm alive!"

I'm alive, it's just I've been busy with family stuff and school...

Oh well, back to the main subject:

Name: Cedrik Arbourn

Appearance: Cedrik's straight hair is as dark as night can be; it flows down to a point that it completely covers his ears. He needs to put aside his bangs with his hand because they cover his eyes, making his work even harder. His emerald green eyes are big and deep, giving you a warm feeling when staring at them. You can almost always see a warm smile on his face which fills you with joy and makes you feel comfortable; it's rare when he's not smiling and even rarer when he's sad. He has a small, pointy nose, small and curved ears, large eyelashes and thin eyebrows. He's 6’1” and has a weight of 152 pounds. Cedrik has a good physic even when he doesn't work out; guess the work on the ranch is good enough to shape his arms, legs, abs and chest. If you pay attention, you'll notice he has 2 tiny moles, one on his left ear and the other one on his right forearm.
When working, he wears blue jeans, a white t-shirt, white tennis shoes, a green cap and for some reason, an old bandana around his arm, apparently it has a very significant value to him. On his day off, you can normally see him on a red t-shirt, black jeans, blue sneakers, a black watch and, of course, his old bandana around his right arm. Cedrik is rarely seen wearing formal clothes.

Personality: Optimist, gentle and cheerful, Cedrik’s a guy who enjoys nature and peace. He’s the kind of guy who likes to be in a good mode. Although he may not appear it, he’s a little shy. He hates to leave the things at half way, especially when it comes to farm work. He likes to take walks around the forest just to reach the harvest goddess’ spring. When the winter arrives, he gets even happier, not only because he doesn’t work but most because he likes the cold weather.

History: 2 years after Cedrik was born, his father died when he was trying to save Danielle (Cedrik’s sister) when she felt to the river during a storm, she was 7 so it’s obvious she felt a little guilty about her father’s dead. After that, his mother was left in charge of the farm. Being that a tough work, Danielle helped in everything she could, but commonly she was asked to take care of Cedrik. Being raised by 2 women gave Cedrik a feminine side, that’s the why he’s so kind.

Seven years passed and one day of spring Cendrik’s mother fainted when she was tilling the land, the 2 brothers took their mother immediately back to the house, there she told them she had been sick since several years but she didn’t tell them because she didn’t want them to worry about her. 2 more years passed and Caroline (Cedrik’s mother) didn’t recover, and then she knew it was time for her to leave her son and daughter, she asked them to come to her room. Inside, she gave them 2 things of big sentimental value: to Cedrik, his father’s old bandana, she told him that was the bandana Mike (Cedrik’s father) was wearing when he and Caroline first met, and since then, he used it every time they went out on a date; to Danielle, the necklace she was wearing when she knew she was waiting for a baby for the first time. When Cedrik received his gift, he started to cry and then Caroline told him: “If you start to cry, I’ll be so sad when I pass away, that’s why you must always be optimist no matter what happens, that way, we’ll both be happy”, after this words, Caroline’s hand who was caressing Cedrik’s cheek felt, and on her face a warm smile was left.

After her mother passed away, Cedrik's aunt came to took both of the brothers to the live in the city.
8 years passed and Cedrik’s and Danielle’s aunt died, leaving them the apartment; Cedrik decided he wanted to come back to their old farm to be a farmer, but then Danielle told him the farm wasn't propriety of any of them anymore. Cedrik got depressed after that thinking on how his mother's dream of the Arbourn farm to be one of the most successful farms on the country was going to die.
After 2 months Cedrik was wandering around the city trying to think up something to make his mother's wish come true, when he suddenly ran into an old piece of newspaper where he read about an old piece of farm territory in Tierra Robada. He read the whole article: the Tierra Robada was going to be demolished in order to construct a residential place; this is why they were giving away the old farm to anybody who’s willing to run it, this way they’d have an opportunity to save the old village.
He ran to the house where they were living and told his sister about the old farm and how it was going to be destroyed by big corporations. After a long talk and argument, Danielle acceded. He immediately called Bridget Silverstone, the current mayor of Tierra Robada, she acceded to leave Cedrik to run the old farm slot, since nobody else was calling she thought the farm would never be revived. A week after this, Cedrik made his way to Tierra Robada…

Relationships: Danielle – Sister

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Name: Danielle Arbourn

Appearance: Danielle has a light brown, straight hair. It flows down to her elbows. She likes to use a pony tail the best, but sometimes she just leaves it as it was when she woke up, well, she used to until Cedrik started to make fun of her messy hair; after that, she either uses a pony tail or straight. She had a pale skin, but it began to gain color with the work on the farm. She has grayish blue eyes; they can be compared to the color of the sky just after a rainstorm. She’s just a little shorter than his brother, around 5’10”, while her weight is 127 pounds.

Personality: Danielle has an inner child; this helps her to keep enduring the hard work. She always sees the positive side of the things. She loves animals; because of this she visits the ranch on her free days. Unlike her brother, she likes warm weather the best because that’s when she can be outside all day and also because warm weather is the best when you’re going to take a nap on the hill.

History: Somehow, I'll make her move in to Tierra Robada.

Relationships: Cedrik - Brother

Hope I'm not too late/booted out x_x