PDA

View Full Version : Action Replay Wii

Ho-oh arabia
August 4th, 2007, 05:42 PM
I just found out that Action Replay Wii will be in stores August 15,2007(two days after my birthday). Will anyone use its evils for PBR?

Ichida
August 4th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Rest assured someone will.

Melody
August 4th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Indeed. And when they do they'll make life miserable for all the Real Battlers out their with their hack stat Pokemon and crap. XP
It'll be Nooberhackers all over again like on Wi Fi for D/P. XP

Ichida
August 4th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Hopefully whatever's keeping some people's ubers off of Wi-Fi will kick in and prevent irregular Pokemon from being used.

Melody
August 4th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah. I want to be able to battle a good clean fight on wifi when I do get a Wii and PBR.

RiderLeangle
August 4th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Yeah. I want to be able to battle a good clean fight on wifi when I do get a Wii and PBR.
Yup, Although hopefully that won't be effected on people using legit(ish) pokemon, Like in a trade I got a Shiny Arceus on Diamond, Its met at level 80 at hall of origin, its obviously event item hacked on D/P since the Arceus event hasn't happened, But in my book the hacked to do event ones are counted as legit in my book so hopefully those can still be used.

~Mithos~
August 4th, 2007, 07:03 PM
well knowing the people that make action replay, they will probably destroy the wireless restriction, as I think thats how the whole mew's level 9 and under could be traded works, because at first it said this pokemon can not be traded (I think).

wow I just realised something, everybody is going to hack the gold and silver card, to get magmortar and electivire, would that suck if that was the big secret serebii and nintendo was hiding from us XD

legendtamer1995
August 5th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Ok, why the heck do people make stuff like ar anway? (I hate hackers)

Also, to get those two pokemon on pbr, you need a code, that's what it says on serebii.

Hideki~kun
August 5th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Hmm, AR Wii also means Wii Homebrew though (Off topic :P)
But then again, hackers will make are battle unfair :/

So, I want AR Wii for Wii Homebrew, I don't want it for Hacking Pokémon...

~Mithos~
August 5th, 2007, 07:35 AM
explain what wii homebrew is please?

Hideki~kun
August 5th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Stuff not made by Nintendo, like games and apps.
But on the other hand, Nintendo is going to make a Wii Channel for developers anyway, even if it does have a small fee.

Ho-oh arabia
August 5th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Homebrew is a lot of things(i should no, i'ma psp haXor).For one, it can mean emulators and running of roms from the sd card.Second, it could mean home made games and applications not licensed by nintendo.And where did u get that info about the developers channel?

~Mithos~
August 5th, 2007, 02:16 PM
yah, i'd love to hear about it.

what exactly do you do?

wakachamo
August 5th, 2007, 03:07 PM
We're starting to go off-topic here, people. Please don't.

~Mithos~
August 5th, 2007, 03:16 PM
ok sorry wakachamo, i'll pm him about it.

The dawn Witch Lucia
August 5th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Some tart already has it.
He has a catch all pokemon code which he caught mah shiny Weavile.

Ho-oh arabia
August 5th, 2007, 03:25 PM
huh? what are u talking about.oh, and how do u become a moderator?

~Mithos~
August 5th, 2007, 03:28 PM
um shadow are you trying to reply to a different thread or what???

and ho-oh, read the rules for that info...

The Real AAA
August 5th, 2007, 03:42 PM
um How are there going to get the hack pkmn? I know it will sux if some1 uses an AR to hack pkmn but where is the pkmn is going to be?in the storage or something?

oh yeah um I have a question that has nothing to do with PBR but with an AR for the Wii does that means you could hack channels and stuff?

~Mithos~
August 5th, 2007, 03:48 PM
I think that my friend would be illegal.

EDIT: no, because they don't hack pictochat, or anything like that on the ds, so they probably won't for the WII either.

Ho-oh arabia
August 5th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Hacking wii channels is illegal.

Chibaymega12
August 5th, 2007, 04:41 PM
NO WAY! I"m using the freeloader feature though, that way i can play Naruto, Clash of Ninja EX

Pikachu2007
August 5th, 2007, 07:42 PM
I wonder if there will be a code to turn Bad Eggs in the storage into the actual Pokemon they're supposed to be.

The dawn Witch Lucia
August 5th, 2007, 09:32 PM
um shadow are you trying to reply to a different thread or what???

and ho-oh, read the rules for that info...
No... Someone stole mah darn Shiny Weavile on PBR.

~Mithos~
August 6th, 2007, 04:00 AM
umm thats impossible, what are you talking about.

Ichida
August 6th, 2007, 05:03 AM
I wonder if there will be a code to turn Bad Eggs in the storage into the actual Pokemon they're supposed to be.

God help us if that happens. >.<

Chibaymega12
August 6th, 2007, 05:09 AM
oh, that'd be horible, there will prollly be a code to upload any pokemon you want though, but where's the fun in that?

~Mithos~
August 6th, 2007, 05:54 AM
well, theres a code on ARDS that lets you catch other trainers pokemon, and it works on wi-fi, but I haven't seen anybody do that yet either.

If their was a code that turned bad eggs into normal pokemon, I think that nintendo could do something such as stating that using AR for certain games, or maybe even the Wii itself, is illegal (somehow, they will find a way), it is really getting tiring of people using hacked pokemon on wifi, this will only increase the number of people that actually get by with it.

EDIT: actually I think changing wireless features on any game is somewhat illegal, ARDS can't change battles or change trades, only the pokemon you use in them. so they can't change the structure of the game, only the little things in them, therefore they shouldn't be able to change the bad egg thing, although it does look like they will. =/

Pikachu2007
August 6th, 2007, 10:15 AM
If their was a code that turned bad eggs into normal pokemon, I think that nintendo could do something such as stating that using AR for certain games, or maybe even the Wii itself, is illegal (somehow, they will find a way), it is really getting tiring of people using hacked pokemon on wifi, this will only increase the number of people that actually get by with it.

EDIT: actually I think changing wireless features on any game is somewhat illegal, ARDS can't change battles or change trades, only the pokemon you use in them. so they can't change the structure of the game, only the little things in them, therefore they shouldn't be able to change the bad egg thing, although it does look like they will. =/
Really? Well it was just a thought, though. Sorry.

~Mithos~
August 6th, 2007, 10:19 AM
i'm not mad or trying to prove you wrong, I just don't want it to happen so I am thinkin of ways to stop it, and how is isn't allowed and stuff.

The Real AAA
August 6th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Hacking wii channels is illegal.

Who cares if Hacking Wii channels are illegal.
I'm asking if it's possible.

~Mithos~
August 6th, 2007, 12:20 PM
umm anybody who doesn't want to get fined cares if it's illegal

and I think it's the same as hacking internet, which is pretty (cencor) hard to what iv'e heard, but thats only for the internet channels, for the other channles, it's definately impossible.

Ho-oh arabia
August 6th, 2007, 01:03 PM
not to mention go to prison and have it stamped on ur record!!!!!

Chibaymega12
August 6th, 2007, 01:45 PM
meh, i spit on my record! Not really, but i dont think it'd be that serious

~Mithos~
August 6th, 2007, 01:47 PM
no just a fine for illegally tampering with a console.

WarHawk
August 6th, 2007, 02:20 PM
If hackers found a way to HACK the Shop Channel and somebody used it THEN you might go to jail.

Chibaymega12
August 6th, 2007, 02:45 PM
meh, but i doubt the AR will do anything like that

The Real AAA
August 6th, 2007, 03:44 PM
If hackers found a way to HACK the Shop Channel and somebody used it THEN you might go to jail.

I'm not talking about the Wii Shop Channel, I'm talking about hacking a custom channel to your Wii

Ho-oh arabia
August 6th, 2007, 03:48 PM
I don't think ARW could do that.

WarHawk
August 6th, 2007, 04:23 PM
I'm not talking about the Wii Shop Channel, I'm talking about hacking a custom channel to your Wii
Yeah I do know about that.Are you talking about that Ninja mod.

Ho-oh arabia
August 6th, 2007, 05:12 PM
huh, wats that and does it involve ARW.

The Real AAA
August 6th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Yeah I do know about that.Are you talking about that Ninja mod.

I thought ninja mod was only for gamecube but anyways I'm not talking about ninja mod.I'm talking about hackers somehow installing a channel made by them or something.

~Mithos~
August 7th, 2007, 04:27 AM
nah, that would take a lot more then just an action replay, thats what modders do to their Xbox's (in a way) you would have to take it apart and *add* new stuff to it, which is also illegal. other then that there is a developers channel/homebrew/etc. that ryuuki-san told me about, it's supposed to let you design a channel or something like that (not 100% sure on the end part.)

Pikachu2007
August 7th, 2007, 09:41 AM
I'm sure it will just be for Wii games, not channels. Besides, AR developers probably wouldn't be THAT stupid to do something like hacking into a game channel or anything like that. If anything, it'll probably be just like a Gamecube AR.

wolfie1177
August 7th, 2007, 10:06 AM
I'm sure it will just be for Wii games, not channels. Besides, AR developers probably wouldn't be THAT stupid to do something like hacking into a game channel or anything like that. If anything, it'll probably be just like a Gamecube AR.

Well yeah, but AR always puts at teh beginning that they're completely not affiliated with Nintendo, so why not hack their own channel?

Ho-oh arabia
August 7th, 2007, 02:45 PM
so they won't get SUED!!!!!!

~Mithos~
August 7th, 2007, 03:44 PM
nobody knows officially if it's illegal or not, i've never seen somebody get sued for modding their xbox.

Ho-oh arabia
August 7th, 2007, 04:56 PM
i'm getting it for other reasons(like trying to run homebrew :)

RayquazaWrath
August 7th, 2007, 07:44 PM
NO ONE should see WiFi Restore Health codes being used on WiFI. Nintendo is automatically kicking you out of the battle and banning your IP address. Unless you can change your IP address with AR Wii. I am planning to get AR Wii (big fan) Just to beat colosseums

RayquazaWrath
August 7th, 2007, 07:51 PM
ppl! even if the pokemon aren't bad eggs anymore, they still can't get on WiFi! WiFi has another filter that's even HARDER to get in. I used to try to hack in pokemon to WiFi but now I don't. My pokemon weren't bad eggs and they were the same pokemon, same stats. STILL didn't get on WiFi. The wifi filter is like unbreachable. I think the ones that are getting on are a temporary dead filter. Basically it shuts down for a second, and hackers are allowed in.

wmoor0826
August 7th, 2007, 07:55 PM
nah, that would take a lot more then just an action replay, thats what modders do to their Xbox's (in a way) you would have to take it apart and *add* new stuff to it, which is also illegal. other then that there is a developers channel/homebrew/etc. that ryuuki-san told me about, it's supposed to let you design a channel or something like that (not 100% sure on the end part.)

Thats hardmodding tho, that stuff is expensive and very illegal, making your own channel would be softmodding which isn't hard, and as far as I know, legal.

~Mithos~
August 7th, 2007, 09:02 PM
yah I guess so, although they still sell the stuff online to "hard mod" and people do it all the time, so I didn't know it was that illegal.

Ho-oh arabia
August 8th, 2007, 06:29 AM
didn't u hear about britain?many homes were raided and people were arested.Yes, its illegal.Thats why i'm avoiding hard modding(although its tempting);)

Smash Mouth
August 9th, 2007, 09:55 AM
No... Someone stole mah darn Shiny Weavile on PBR.

Lol pokemon cant be stolen of of PRB are you sure you just misplaced it in your box or something.

And as far as the action replay goes, that is so mean why would they even make an action replay for wii if all people are gonna do is cheat to win their own battles. Sounds kinda noobish to me

anemos
August 9th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Hopefully whatever's keeping some people's ubers off of Wi-Fi will kick in and prevent irregular Pokemon from being used.

i belive that any pokemon that goes over the 510ev limit cannot be copied, and is displaed as a bad egg. eggs cannot fight, therefore cannot be used. =D

~Mithos~
August 9th, 2007, 10:20 AM
well on the point of hardmodding, I don't know anybody who does it but who would get arrested over a stupid game of halo?

anyways Smash Mouth your signature is too big.

and I believe shad0wlatios wanted attention or was spamming for post count.

anemos
August 9th, 2007, 10:26 AM
anything that the game fails to copy is treated as a bag egg. there is no data hiding there to be reverted into a pokemon. its not illega to modify bad eggs, but it is impossible.

Ho-oh arabia
August 9th, 2007, 02:33 PM
not really, all u need to do is specify a box slot # and change it to your pokemon of your choice.

~Mithos~
August 9th, 2007, 02:36 PM
nope, action replay would be going to far, this would COMPLETELY ruin all of the wifi battles, Datel would be doing more harm then good as the wifi battles would become 99% hackers.

anemos
August 9th, 2007, 03:18 PM
i know the ds/gba games can be hacked without consequence. i mean pbr has data for the info on each pokemon, and will not allow a pokemon to be copied with a move or stat or ability that was not intended for it, as that data does not exist in pbr.

Ho-oh arabia
August 9th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Datel WOULD do that.Thats whats makes datel datel.

anemos
August 9th, 2007, 04:46 PM
yes, well nintendo wins this time, as datel cannot drop new data onto the disk itself. it can only modify the data that exists within the game
nintendo > datel.. for a few days

~Mithos~
August 9th, 2007, 06:12 PM
I sure hope that anemos is right, if Datel goes as far as too ruin wifi, nintendo can surely do something about it... I mean if hacking a halo game on wifi is illegal why should hacking a wifi game on pokemon not be?

Rebellious Treecko
August 9th, 2007, 10:04 PM
I have an AR for GCN, and I have lots of fun with it. (SSBM debug menu.)

I plan on getting an AR for Wii after I've unlocked everything on Super Smash bros Brawl, and when I want something different in the game.
(Please let there be a debug menu.)

RayquazaWrath
August 9th, 2007, 10:10 PM
People!! AR Wii is not allowed online!! First time you use 1 hit KO etc. Nintendo will end the battle making NON-HACKER winner, and will block your Wii's IP address, therefore, you can never do another WiFi battle

Always and Never
August 9th, 2007, 10:27 PM
And where did you hear that?

So the Wii Action Replay is out? I'm not gonna get it.

anemos
August 10th, 2007, 04:29 AM
I have an AR for GCN, and I have lots of fun with it. (SSBM debug menu.)

I plan on getting an AR for Wii after I've unlocked everything on Super Smash bros Brawl, and when I want something different in the game.
(Please let there be a debug menu.)

i know.. giga bowser battles with friends at 300% size

~Mithos~
August 10th, 2007, 06:40 AM
thank you, AR Wii was about to ruin wi-fi battling but thanks to rayquaza it didin't [/sarcasm]

but does anybody actually have a link to something that confirms that AR can't do anything to wi-fi battles? i'm pretty sure if I put in an AR on the DS and did a one hit KO cheat that I wouldn't get sued or go to jail. (although doing that would be for losers)

EDIT: stupid picture didn't work.

Ho-oh arabia
August 10th, 2007, 06:53 PM
hardcore people would do that just for fun just because they have no life like the virus makers.(i wouldn't do that, i'm just a modern tinkerer who wants to learn more about the wii:)

anemos
August 11th, 2007, 09:41 AM
same. i bought a drive doctor too, i'm still trying to see what i can actualy do with it. it seems like i wasted my money

Ho-oh arabia
August 11th, 2007, 01:07 PM
PM me for some suggestions if u want.

Chibaymega12
August 11th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I don't think it'll affect wi fi, but ya never know, some guy with no life may be able to get it to work on wifi by tinkering with the system

CrazyD
August 12th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I wouldn't use it, but other people will.

latioslegends
August 12th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Man battling online is going to suck with this thing out there I hope they ome in as bad eggs.