PDA

View Full Version : Don't Like Battle Rev.

Latios&Latias381382
August 7th, 2007, 04:34 AM
I played Battle Revolution, and it wasn't as good I thought it would be. It was much harder because that was the time my Pokemon were not over level 50 so I was a few levels behind and its not like Wi-Fi so they don't go up to 50 by themselves. There is also no Wii controls (i.e. Pokeball throwing) all you do is point and press a. I think it is overrated.

Majin_Vegeta
August 7th, 2007, 07:07 AM
pbr isnt as good as everyone thought but it is still good. u are entitle to ur opinion but i think it is pretty cool.

wolfie1177
August 7th, 2007, 07:13 AM
It's OK. It's reminiscent of the old Pokemon Stadium for N64. I wouldn't call it bad, persay, just didn't live up to its potential.

black dog
August 7th, 2007, 09:21 AM
was it really that bad? my dad wants to get a wii and he said if he did we would get that game but i need to know if it is worth it

Pkmn Trainer Alex
August 7th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Basically, you need to look at PBR for what it is. It is a Pokémon battle simulator and nothing more. No storyline, no catching and training, no minigames. It is straight-battling, so if you are into that, you'll enjoy it. The highlights of buying the game are the ability to battle, in 3D, against other people (randomly or not), and also, the ability to battle in-game for prizes that can be sent to your DS game.

If you don't have D/P, you won't enjoy this game as much.
If you don't love or excel at battling, you won't enjoy this game as much.
If you are disappointed by the lack of Wii-enhanced gimicks, like swinging a Wii-mote around...Super Smash Bros. Brawl doesn't have that either. That is all I have to say. XD

Buy it if you love battling and really would love the ability to battle random people, instead of asking for friend codes and setting up a battle beforehand. Though if you can wait for a price-cut, or find a used version, that is always good too. x_x

Faceless*
August 7th, 2007, 10:32 AM
I dont blame you.. :(

The game doesnt even have a story mode unlike Colosseum! It doesnt even have mini-games like the Stadium game from N64... whats worst is that you cant choose rental Pokemon unlike Pokemon Stadium, in which if you dont have Diamond or Pearl, this game is nowhere near being worth ANYTHING! The only thing I think improved is the online play..

Hideki~kun
August 7th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Oh god.
Cry me a river.
There's like 500 other threads like this. If you don't like battling, you wont like BR, simple.

Ichida
August 7th, 2007, 05:49 PM
It's a DP accessory, pure and simple. If you don't like PBR, you're probably not much of a battler, and probably shouldn't be playing anyways.

RayquazaWrath
August 7th, 2007, 07:29 PM
The only thing I don't like about it is the Neon Colosseum and the Sunset Colosseum. And I don't like all the Arceuses and stuff in WiFi it stinks.

lucario1957
August 8th, 2007, 07:51 AM
the online feature is the best part of the game.
i was expecting a storyline but i love the game

Midnight Beat
August 8th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Alright, PBR was ment for competitive battling and that's it. My guess is that some time before the end of the year nintendo will announce the production of a Pokemon RPG for Wii.

sims796
August 8th, 2007, 09:53 AM
I'm very dissapointed. I know it's a battle sim, but still. For $50? Seems more like an expansion pack. To me, the graphics were the killing point. If it's all about 3D battles, they aren't so good. There was soo much to work with, a lot of power in the Wii wasn't taken to PBR's advantage. If Twilight Princess & RE4 can look good, why can't PBR?

I love battling-that doesn't mean I like this game.

~Mithos~
August 8th, 2007, 09:55 AM
yah, I don't like PBR at all except for the wireless battle feature, the graphics are okay, they didn't use the wii remote at ALL. and the annouers voice is kind of dumb. (although it always has been XD)

sims796
August 8th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Oh god.
Cry me a river.
There's like 500 other threads like this. If you don't like battling, you wont like BR, simple.

This is what I mean, rude comments like this. Yes, there are 500 threads like this, so apparently, 500+ people doesn't like this game. I love battling. But I don't like this game at all.

Kayke™
August 8th, 2007, 01:40 PM
yah, I don't like PBR at all except for the wireless battle feature, the graphics are okay, they didn't use the wii remote at ALL. and the annouers voice is kind of dumb. (although it always has been XD)

I nearly cried after hearing what the announcer had to say about Trick Room.

"Wh-what's this?! Distortion?! Ah! The...the colosseum!!"

And some more good ones, 'cause I can...

"Alakazam just got BURNED!"

"The energy level of the fans in this colosseum has been turned up to 11!"

"It's been poisoned! This could get DAAAAANGEROUS!~"

Pretty much every time a battle opens, he always has something completely and utterly stupid to say, particularly Sunset Colosseum. "IT'S TRULY MOVING!"

Yeah, needless to say, the announcer in the original Stadium was the best.

latioslegends
August 8th, 2007, 01:41 PM
to me it's ok i like the wirless battling and mystery gifts but not worth 50 bucks.

Sachiel
August 8th, 2007, 04:36 PM
For the most part i enjoy it. But for god sakes nintendo couldn't you have given the wifi option an online scoreboard to tally the strongest trainers online? just going online to battle someone randomly is fun but seems to lack some sort of higher PURPOSE.....

~Mithos~
August 8th, 2007, 04:39 PM
yah I loved uploading my ho-oh to stadium to hear the guy say "cartipie just OWNED ho-oh" because the stadium pokemon were always ten times stronger =D

Ichida
August 8th, 2007, 07:52 PM
You like battling but you don't like PBR? Then you're not enough of a battler. Someone with a fighting soul like mine is satisfied with PBR for exactly what it is - a new staging ground for epic battle!!

sims796
August 9th, 2007, 03:12 AM
I was afraid sooner or later someone would say something like that. I love battling. It doesn't mean I MUST buy this game. I just don't like the quality. When they lower the price, sure, but $50 is too pricey for a port. I'll admit, you must like battling in order to enjoy this game, but don't make it seem that to be one of the elite you must buy this game-I absolutley love battling, just won't pay for it to be 3D. I think that's fair. No need to judge me, thats like saying all people who doesn't buy PBR aren't "enough battlers", which isn't fair to say.

I'm glad you like PBR-I'm not knockin' ya for it, but it isn't for me. The faults outweigh the good parts. The faults being the inferior graphics, unfair price, & the fact that it'll only cater to those with Diamond-as for the latter, it doesn't even cater to all Pokefans, evidently.

Cross
August 9th, 2007, 09:30 AM
I thourougly agree with this thread. PBR was just battling, and in old games, that's what made up the storyline, not really the fun. It IS overrated.

~Mithos~
August 9th, 2007, 09:32 AM
and on wifi battles level 100 all only lets you use 3/4 pokemon, whats up with that??

PipeMan
August 9th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Meh, I don't really like it. Graphics are cool, but I was really hoping for more of a journey type game.

acrof
August 9th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Amazing.
Happened what I was waiting for!
People started to understand that this game is not as good as everybody imagined.
Even you Heatran! XD

Anyways, the same thing happened with Colosseum, XD, and now with Battle Revolution, people say it´s amazing, then you buy, get frustrated and start to say that it´s not as good as you wanted.
And I used to deffend Battle Revolution,belive it or not, I was in love with this game the first time I saw it in the first preview, but it was just another pokemon game, I think Game Freak will never really try to improve something again in their games...

I absolutley love battling, just won't pay for it to be 3D. I think that's fair. No need to judge me, thats like saying all people who doesn't buy PBR aren't "enough battlers", which isn't fair to say.
I´m in the same situation...
I battle since 1997, I love battles, but I really don´t like PBR and, as you, I don´t think it´s worth 150 dollars.
(yes, here in Brazil a original copy of this game would cost about R$299, converting to US dollars... U$150, nice isn´t it?)

Now I want to know...
Isn´t there any way to contact GameFreak? Nintendo?
I mean, the people that create the official games?

A good conversation between fans and them is needed here, if you get what I mean...

Faceless*
August 9th, 2007, 02:22 PM
and on wifi battles level 100 all only lets you use 3/4 pokemon, whats up with that??

Yes this is EXACTLY one of the most MAIN things i hate about PBR... :(

The Real AAA
August 10th, 2007, 11:58 AM
To me PBR is just a Diamond and Pearl battle taking place in the big screen, the game is nothing sepcial so you should just rent it

Leon K. Fox
August 10th, 2007, 12:07 PM
I haven't played it yet, but GameTrailers and IGN both say without Pearl or Diamond you have nothing to do, and even with it it's limited.

I was interested but yeah, I'll sit this one out now

Latios&Latias381382
August 10th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Yeah, the only goodside is it updated my Wii without me needing to buy a Wi-Fi thing and it did not brick either.

Ichida
August 10th, 2007, 02:15 PM
I was afraid sooner or later someone would say something like that. I love battling. It doesn't mean I MUST buy this game.

Never said you had to buy it, I was just giving reasons to.

sims796
August 10th, 2007, 02:23 PM
It's a DP accessory, pure and simple. If you don't like PBR, you're probably not much of a battler, and probably shouldn't be playing anyways.

You like battling but you don't like PBR? Then you're not enough of a battler. Someone with a fighting soul like mine is satisfied with PBR for exactly what it is - a new staging ground for epic battle!!

I know, but there are people that feels that way. I was using your post to answer to those people. Besides, you said I must not like battling enough, so I thought that was what you meant. Twice you posted if you don't like PBR, you're not a battler-or not battler enough, which is unfair to say. I'm plenty battler.

I respect your opinion. I have a problem with the game, but if people likes it, thats good for them. You apparently got your money's worth if you enjoy it.

Zorua
August 10th, 2007, 08:43 PM
This is just a notice to everyone: Keep your posts and protests as legitimate as possible. If this thread gets out of hand, I'm afraid I have to lock this. And it's for a perfectly legitimate reason, as threads like these gets easily out of hand due to numerous people's opinions and other people being offended by those exact opinions.

Always and Never
August 10th, 2007, 11:11 PM
I know, but there are people that feels that way. I was using your post to answer to those people. Besides, you said I must not like battling enough, so I thought that was what you meant. Twice you posted if you don't like PBR, you're not a battler-or not battler enough, which is unfair to say. I'm plenty battler.

I respect your opinion. I have a problem with the game, but if people likes it, thats good for them. You apparently got your money's worth if you enjoy it.

I don't see why saying he likes it is unfair. PBR needs actual skill to play, so if you're not gonna be buying it because of bad graphics it either means you have no respect, or you have no skill in battling.

I loved that post where the guy was all like, "Oh, cry me a river." because that is exactly how I feel.

Nintendo seriously doesn't care if you like this game or not. They love to stamp the mindset of "got D/P need PBR" on every pokemon fans forehead. And it's working.

Killswitch
August 11th, 2007, 05:43 PM
If you dont have diamond or pearl theres no use in buying this. I guess it's okay...

Always and Never
August 11th, 2007, 05:45 PM
If you don't have D/P there is no point in buying it.

Me2UJus4Free
August 12th, 2007, 01:42 AM
I don't see why saying he likes it is unfair.

Maybe because you're paying $50 dollars for something you could do for free on a sunny day in the park. (Parks in my city of WiFi.) That's seems pretty unfair to me, especially when you need D/P to play.

Always and Never
August 12th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Maybe because you're paying $50 dollars for something you could do for free on a sunny day in the park. (Parks in my city of WiFi.) That's seems pretty unfair to me, especially when you need D/P to play.

You can play a Wii outside in a park? Huh?! Plus, PBR is a D/P accesory, so obviously you need D/P to play. That's like saying, Pokemon box is a horrible game because you need R/S/E to play!

Ichida
August 12th, 2007, 01:51 PM
That's like saying, Pokemon box is a horrible game because you need R/S/E to play!

XDD, good point; I had forgotten about Pokemon Box. :P

Me2UJus4Free
August 12th, 2007, 07:29 PM
You can play a Wii outside in a park? Huh?! Plus, PBR is a D/P accesory, so obviously you need D/P to play. That's like saying, Pokemon box is a horrible game because you need R/S/E to play!

You think you can play your Wii in the park than go ahead, I sure was not talking about the Wii. Plus, everyone has R/S/E, because those games been out for five years oppose to D/P which has been out for months. Not mention how hard it was to find any game console after Christmas last year. What is the relevance to your argument? Apple and oranges.

Ichida
August 12th, 2007, 08:00 PM
And I don't see how the duration of a game's existence is relevant to whether to buy it or not. :P

latioslegends
August 12th, 2007, 08:11 PM
I just think they could of have put more effort into it sure I am not saying it's a bad game just saying it needs some inprovements

Pkmn Trainer Alex
August 12th, 2007, 10:48 PM
I just think they could of have put more effort into it sure I am not saying it's a bad game just saying it needs some inprovements

Probably, but I think they made the decision that was purely money-based. D/P had just come out and is huge in sales. Wii had not too long ago come out and is huge in sales. With that in mind, it becomes easy money to make a simple battle simulator that those who are still hyped-up over D/P and the Wii will buy just because they can.

The lack of actual material in the game can be attributed to them rushing it (or just not caring), but from a money-aspect, they had to bring it out at a quick enough pace to make the money. XD I'm sure a much better (by Pokémon console-gaming standards) Wii game will come out, but it would most likely be much later, after time has been put into their "creative process." And when the next money-making opportunity shows itself. >.>

RAWR ^_^
August 13th, 2007, 03:32 AM
I love this game!
But thats is becuase I love to battle!
In my opinion IT's does what it was ment to do, LEt people Battle random people in 3D. The Psychic Attacks Look Goregus And So Do Most Of Teh Electric Ones.

Ichida
August 13th, 2007, 05:10 AM
I think PBR was also a test of Wii's Wi-Fi. I'm sure they'll make another adventure game set on the Wii in the future.

Richard Lynch
August 13th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Probably, but I think they made the decision that was purely money-based. D/P had just come out and is huge in sales. Wii had not too long ago come out and is huge in sales. With that in mind, it becomes easy money to make a simple battle simulator that those who are still hyped-up over D/P and the Wii will buy just because they can.

The lack of actual material in the game can be attributed to them rushing it (or just not caring), but from a money-aspect, they had to bring it out at a quick enough pace to make the money. XD I'm sure a much better (by Pokémon console-gaming standards) Wii game will come out, but it would most likely be much later, after time has been put into their "creative process." And when the next money-making opportunity shows itself. >.>

I actually prefer the "adventure/RPG" games on the DS. Mainly because the DS is portable (I think the main reason it's such a popular RPG), so when and where you play it isn't too much worry; you can't play the Wii in the car, or when you're out and about with parents. And if your Wii is hooked up to the primary TV in the house, we all that the parents own the TV during Prime Time. But get yourself some headphones, and play the DS all you want. That's my view of it, at least. With the DS, you can actually live that fantasy life without the worry of someone saying, "Turn the game off, I want to watch Desperate Housewives".

All in all, PBR is a decent game; a bit less intricate than it's predecessors (Colosseum, etc), but the WiFi definitely makes up for it. I see it more as an add-on to D/P, because in and off itself, PBR isn't too cool. But seeing your team and their attacks in full 3D is pretty cool.

Nintendo has never been a big pioneer of graphics; the graphics on the Wii aren't much better than the graphics on the N64. However, what Nintendo is known for is new and advanced ways to play the game, thus the Wii remote (Wiimote? Not sure what fancy names they have these days). Just goes to prove that graphics aren't nearly as important as the way you actually play the game.

Ichida
August 13th, 2007, 06:29 AM
With the DS, you can actually live that fantasy life without the worry of someone saying, "Turn the game off, I want to watch Desperate Housewives".

*shudder* This is why I have my own TV.

All in all, PBR is a decent game; a bit less intricate than it's predecessors (Colosseum, etc), but the WiFi definitely makes up for it. I see it more as an add-on to D/P, because in and off itself, PBR isn't too cool. But seeing your team and their attacks in full 3D is pretty cool.

Exactly right. :D

(Wiimote? Not sure what fancy names they have these days)

Yeah, Wiimote, pronounced "wee-mote." They're trying to be funny. It's not working.

sims796
August 13th, 2007, 03:58 PM
I don't see why saying he likes it is unfair. PBR needs actual skill to play, so if you're not gonna be buying it because of bad graphics it either means you have no respect, or you have no skill in battling.

I loved that post where the guy was all like, "Oh, cry me a river." because that is exactly how I feel.

Nintendo seriously doesn't care if you like this game or not. They love to stamp the mindset of "got D/P need PBR" on every pokemon fans forehead. And it's working.

I never said that him liking it was unfair. I said him saying that those who don't like this game aren't battlers isn't fair.

These rude post are getting out of hand. that cry me a river post was disrespectful to other's opinions. And I could care less if Nintendo doesn't care if I like this game. That wasn't the topic. It was whether WE like this game or not. I am a GAMEER. Any gamer can tell you graphics can play a big part in games. I said I respect the opinions of those who like the game. I would like the same courtesy.

MasterWGS
August 13th, 2007, 04:58 PM
My only complaint is purely the graphics. The early trailer made this game look much better than it turned out to be, which is why I'm upset. Sure, the Wii doesn't have remarkable graphics, and that's really not what I'm asking for; I'm merely stating that it's good, but it could have been much prettier.

However, I do still enjoy it, so I'm not too bummed.

Ichida
August 13th, 2007, 05:14 PM
I don't know why people think the graphics are poor. I love them. Certainly better than D/P.

Is it the whole Arcanine/Typhlosion/other models not rehauled thing? Why is that even an issue? <.<;

Oh, wait, I know, it's the permanent field damage thing. Yeah, that was kind of a ripoff to not have that in the game. :(

Pkmn Trainer Alex
August 13th, 2007, 07:25 PM
I think most of the rudeness in this thread is stemming from this topic coming up so much. XD I mean, I can understand that a lot of people are disappointed in the game. But it isn't like this is the first topic to express that disappointment, as most of you know. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet. x_x

Always and Never
August 13th, 2007, 07:52 PM
How is anything rude? I havn't seen any rude posts throughout this entire thread >.>;;

Just, there is no reason to complain about it, again Nintendo doesn't care. I mean I saw a petition stating that PBR needed to be recalled and remade, and I just think that is very moronic. PBR has like 510 different 3D models within the game. Now that's impressive, and including attacks... That adds about another 437 things to add onto that disc. Plus the stadiums and such, did you ever think that there was not enough space to make it be the best graphical Wii game to date?

sims796
August 14th, 2007, 06:38 AM
A petition is goiing too far. I don't like it-doesn't mean you shouldn't play it. I'm just saying that the Wii can do better. I know the Wii isn't a powerhouse, but some games are going too far. Call of Duty 4? That won't cut it on the N64. If PBR is all about 3D battling, it better be damn well pretty.

And if its a D/P accessory, $50 is too pricey. Thats $85 for game & add on.

You really haven't seen any rude post? I've seen 3 so far. I'm sure Me2UJus4Free can agree.

MasterWGS
August 14th, 2007, 07:39 AM
I don't know why people think the graphics are poor. I love them. Certainly better than D/P.
Can't argue with that. They certainly are better than D/P...

Is it the whole Arcanine/Typhlosion/other models not rehauled thing? Why is that even an issue? <.<;
Well, sort of. I guess when they showed the trailer for the game, the character models looked vastly improved, and much more lifelike. And it is sort of annoying knowing I'm still playing with graphics that are essentially two generations of systems old.

Oh, wait, I know, it's the permanent field damage thing. Yeah, that was kind of a ripoff to not have that in the game. :(
That, too. In fact, that's probably what was hyped the most that didn't end up making it.

I'm not trying to say I don't like the game, and I'm not saying my opinion is going to change Nintendo/Game Freak's mind on anything, nor am I saying that anyone who thinks differently is wrong. All I'm saying is some of what I was hoping for never showed up, and the trailer is pretty misleading.

sims796
August 14th, 2007, 07:47 AM
The trailers are always misleading, but I have hope for the next installment. Pokemon Battle Stadium! We can attack trainers! They actually dodge attacks! Nice...

acrof
August 19th, 2007, 07:09 AM
It is a issue when those pokemon are the favorites of someone.(My case)
It´s not ask too much to release the game with all the pokemon remodeled.
Pokemon Battle Stadium! We can attack trainers! They actually dodge attacks! Nice...
XDDDDDD

sims796
August 19th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Can't argue with that. They certainly are better than D/P...

Well, sort of. I guess when they showed the trailer for the game, the character models looked vastly improved, and much more lifelike. And it is sort of annoying knowing I'm still playing with graphics that are essentially two generations of systems old.

That, too. In fact, that's probably what was hyped the most that didn't end up making it.

I'm not trying to say I don't like the game, and I'm not saying my opinion is going to change Nintendo/Game Freak's mind on anything, nor am I saying that anyone who thinks differently is wrong. All I'm saying is some of what I was hoping for never showed up, and the trailer is pretty misleading.

This is exactly how I feel. Except I plain don't like it. Thats fair. If its all about 3D battling, it better be damn well pretty.

As for you, acrof, I was of course, joking about attacking the trainers, but was quite serious in the pokemon dodging attacks. I hate it when an attack misses, it just dissapears. I also hate it how the pokemon stays in one place. Move around, for pete's sake!

Don't bite my head off, but I'ma go back to Stadium. When Persian was hit, all that happend was his upper half bent back. Come on! What, is his backside tethered to the floor? I wanted to at least see that.

Leon K. Fox
August 19th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Well, I got to play this at Pokemon Summer Day Camp today, my opinion?

Well I never got to do anything outside of the battling, but since that's the main point of the game it didn't really matter. For battling with your friends using your handheld Pokemon, it's the best game yet, easy transfer, no extra pheprial (sp) required and the battles are as fast paced as they are on the handhelds, with the best visuals in a home console Pokemon game to date.

So my opinion? excellent for Diamoand and Pearl owners, but for general gamers...not a very good purcahse...

acrof
August 26th, 2007, 06:35 AM
As for you, acrof, I was of course, joking about attacking the trainers, but was quite serious in the pokemon dodging attacks. I hate it when an attack misses, it just dissapears. I also hate it how the pokemon stays in one place. Move around, for pete's sake!

Yeah, it's annoying to battle when the pokemon looks like statues.
IMO they really should do a fighting pokemon game, like a smash bros version of pokemon, they have the 3D models already (some from stadium, but nobody /except for me/ cares), so why not? XD

Or a full 3D MMORPG, it would be nice aswell.

sims796
August 26th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Oh I care about graphics. If we don't care, they'll keep dishing out bad graphics.

Always and Never
August 26th, 2007, 09:06 AM
IMO they really should do a fighting pokemon game, like a smash bros version of pokemon, they have the 3D models already (some from stadium, but nobody /except for me/ cares), so why not? XD

Yeah, but with the release of Brawl, that would be fun for about 3 minutes, but it would get as old as all the other spin offs. Creepy that I had that idea awhile ago.

sims796
August 26th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Yeah, but with the release of Brawl, that would be fun for about 3 minutes, but it would get as old as all the other spin offs. Creepy that I had that idea awhile ago.

It seems they are closer to doing that, what with the "pokemon trainer" as a new character.

Shiraishi
August 26th, 2007, 11:31 AM

Lol, if nintendo did a hostile takeover of Namco and stole the Tales of..[insert name here] battle system it's possible..PBR is quite fun though. I dont like 3v3 battles though..

The Overlord
August 26th, 2007, 11:31 AM
I bought this game and I never get tired of nonstop battling but here are my problems with this game.

1.No Multiplayer DS Computer fighting like in Stadium.
2.You have to battle Wii users on Wifi not DS owners.
3.No Minigames unlike in the Stadium features.
4.Theres only the one mode where you battle collesseums unlike in stadium where you fight the elite four and gym leaders to obtain Pokemon.
5.You can't choose from a list of Rentals like in the other Stadium games.
6.No storage system so if you have friends that want to depost pokemon you can't only copy all of them with no use of trading or transfering.Unlike in stadium.
7.No DS station or something just for Pokemon on the tv like the other Stadium games.
8.Point clicking gets very boring when using attacks if they would've added a ball throw feature it would've been better.
9.The Stadiums have strange rules like the Pokemon Wheel and others.
10.Removing what you have set for your words on wifi I know Nintendo has to protect users just incase but why on the box would it say gameplay may change in experince online?
11.No keeping track of your wifi battles so no one will know your progress.

On the good sides.

1.The graphics are pretty good.
2.Wifi random battes are fun at times.
3.And customizing your character.

Other than that, this game amazingly disappointed me I don't hate it i'm just disappointed.

Latios&Latias381382
September 5th, 2007, 01:57 PM
about point 8 overlord dude, that's one reason I think PBR is boring.

Always and Never
September 5th, 2007, 03:05 PM
About point 2 overlord dude. Nintendo can't fix that.

Bishopk
September 5th, 2007, 03:11 PM
About point 8 overlord dude. Switch your control scheme. IMO, Pokéball throwing would have added nothing to the game.
About point 10 overlord dude. ESRB is the man you'll want to point a finger at here.
About point 11 overlord dude. I'd manually record. So what if it's low-tech? Who cares?

Ichida
September 7th, 2007, 02:33 PM
3.No Minigames unlike in the Stadium features.
For the last damned time, Pokemon was never about minigames. It's about BATTLE. If you want minigames, play Mario Party.
4.Theres only the one mode where you battle collesseums unlike in stadium where you fight the elite four and gym leaders to obtain Pokemon.
At least colosseum opponents are a damn challenge instead of those wussy, predictable gym leaders.
5.You can't choose from a list of Rentals like in the other Stadium games.
Rentals suck. Unquestionably.
6.No storage system so if you have friends that want to depost pokemon you can't only copy all of them with no use of trading or transfering.Unlike in stadium.
The DS game can store over 500 Pokemon. Do you really have THAT many?!
8.Point clicking gets very boring when using attacks if they would've added a ball throw feature it would've been better.
Because we all know there are Pokemon to throw them at, right?
9.The Stadiums have strange rules like the Pokemon Wheel and others.
It's supposed to be a challenge. Otherwise, serious trainers like me would be bored of it within an hour.
10.Removing what you have set for your words on wifi I know Nintendo has to protect users just incase but why on the box would it say gameplay may change in experince online?
Because some *expletive* words aren't *expetive* appropriate for *expletive* kids, *expletive*.
11.No keeping track of your wifi battles so no one will know your progress.
Now this I agree with. *points to the note next to own battle record*

~Mithos~
September 7th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Battle Revolution is extremely fun, the best part is the eight year olds using all legends and losing... one time I EV trained a piplup and a chimchar just too see what would happen, I ended up beating a groudon with the piplup, chimchar died though.

for the story mode I still haven't made it past the fortune wheel thing, because I don't like stopping in the middle of things and I dont' have enough time to play it through.

the whole game depends on preference- do you like running around, or battling or both.

if both go for d/p and PBR <-- thats me.

if running around go for d/p

if battling go PBR defiantely

Always and Never
September 8th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Yeah, but you need D/P to play PBR. The rentals suck, just like they've always had.

I wish they came up with a new error code. "Error Code: 37328, Your pokemon suck. Retrain them."

Zanacross
September 8th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Just, there is no reason to complain about it, again Nintendo doesn't care. I mean I saw a petition stating that PBR needed to be recalled and remade, and I just think that is very moronic. PBR has like 510 different 3D models within the game. Now that's impressive, and including attacks... That adds about another 437 things to add onto that disc. Plus the stadiums and such, did you ever think that there was not enough space to make it be the best graphical Wii game to date?

To true. you also have the wireless battles gonna be so cool.
i wanna see my blaziken in 3d,

The Overlord
September 8th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Excuse me but, Battle Revoultion wasn't based off XD or Collesseum they ditched that idea and said it would be like the Stadium games. One would think it would have Stadium qualitys if it's suppose to be basically Stadium 3.

Always and Never
September 8th, 2007, 04:13 PM
This isn't Pokemon Stadium. It is Ultimate Pokemon Stadium. Pokemon Battles are organized fights between trainers, so when people complain that they don't move around as much, it doesn't make sense. I mean they're not supposed to move.

Xoo
September 8th, 2007, 05:05 PM
From what I've seen, it looks like fun, but a bit too 3D.

AnimeDDR110
September 8th, 2007, 06:39 PM
the animations are good, everything else is not as good as i thought it would be. not worth 50 bucks. i would say about 30.

Twilight Itachi X
September 9th, 2007, 04:06 AM
The graphics are very good in this one. Yeah, it shouldn't be $50, and you would definitely need your own Pokemon from D/P with a DS. The rentals are not good to use.

Ichida
September 9th, 2007, 02:05 PM
From what I've seen, it looks like fun, but a bit too 3D.

*does not comply*

I wish they came up with a new error code. "Error Code: 37328, Your pokemon suck. Retrain them."

XDDDDDD, YES!!!

AnimeDDR110
September 9th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Yeah, but you need D/P to play PBR. The rentals suck, just like they've always had.

the rentals don't suck in pokemon emerald if you were playing at the battle factory level 100. there was a trick. if you breed outstanding pokemon, the pokemon there would have outstanding stats when you played there. i breeded a charmander with 31 iv's in sp.atk (best day ever), and rented a charizard with max sp.atk. that was a happy day.

Always and Never
September 9th, 2007, 03:27 PM
PBR is to Stadium as Emerald is to Colosseum. The rental pokemon are different.