Voltorb Flip Tutorial
Posted August 3rd, 2011 at 03:40 PM by G.U.Y.
Voltorb Flip TutorialHey guys, I figured I would just make a simple tutorial for you all. This tutorial will be on Level 3 - so you can still rack up a pretty decent amount of coins if you keep dying on 4.
Here are a few small notes:
- The memo pad is the key to winning. Do not just do it in your head, you'll get confused and make mistakes.
- Voltorb Flip is still luck, sometimes it will just trick you. But this tutorial will use chance to your advantage.
- If you're stuck, look at every single tile and determine which one has the lowest probability of being a Voltorb.
- Rows where the Voltorb number is hired than the sum of numbers, or they are close are high risk. Try to avoid them.
- I will be refering to rows as "S-V" or "Sum - Voltorb." So, as you can see the second horizontal row in mine has a sum of 7 and 1 Voltorb, so it is row 7-1. If two rows have the same, I will say if they are horizontal or vertical.
- Feel free to ask any questions.
The tutorial is picture-based, and all the pictures will be in spoilers.
First off, here is level 3.
Now, the first step is to look at all the colored side-tiles that show how many Voltorbs and numbers are in a row. The bottom number next to the Voltorb image is how many are in that row. The number above is how what the numbers in the row add up to. You want to mark off all rows where the two numbers add up to 5, and flip over all tiles in rows with 0 Voltorbs.
We have some numbers now! Look to see if any of the numbers in the 0 rows will complete a row. Luckily for us, we have one. On the bottom, row "4-2" has a 2 in it. That means that there can only be two 1s and two Voltorbs, so there you do not need to flip up any more tiles there. So mark them off using the memo pad.
Uh oh! Now we have no more rows that are already completed! Looks like it's time to play with chance. Look at your side rows together. Find where rows where there are low Voltorb numbers connect. Those spots have the lowest chance of having a Voltorb in them.
Oops, it's a one! Well, that's better than a Voltorb by far. Luckily for us, the row is a high number - 8. That means the two remaining tiles are not Voltorbs and are higher than 1. So flip those tiles over.
Woo! Completing the row 8-1 on the bottom helped to completed rows 5-1 horizontal and 4-3 on the side. Since the only number row 5-1 horizontal can have in it is one 2 and 3 ones, mark off that row. Row 4-3 can have either two 2s or one 3 and one 1, but since we found a 3 in it that means the only remaining tiles are a one and Voltorbs, so mark them all off.
There are only two spots left! Look at the bottom rows 6-1 and 5-1 vertical, both have no revealed numbers and both have one spot left. That automatically means that the two remaining spots are numbers, so flip them over and you will have won level 3!
I hope this helps some of you!
Total Comments 3
Posted August 3rd, 2011 at 04:59 PM by Aquacorde
Posted August 3rd, 2011 at 07:53 PM by G.U.Y.
Posted August 3rd, 2011 at 07:57 PM by G-Money
Updated August 3rd, 2011 at 08:07 PM by G-Money
All times are UTC -8. The time now is 12:19 PM.