I interrupt this blog with a random recipe.
Posted January 17th, 2009 at 07:29 PM by Sammi
Tags yummy food
I got this out of a cookbook... can't remember which one. (I think a Better Homes and Gardens contest book?) It's to die for, though! So, I shall post it. \o\ It's not very hard to make; the hardest part would probably be separating the egg yolk from the whites.
Walnut Raspberry Muffins
- 2/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk [hint: put 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice in a measuring cup, add milk to make 1/2 cup, and let sit 5 minutes. It makes buttermilk.]
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- OPTIONAL: Chocolate chips, either milk chocolate or semi-sweet. I've done it both ways; either taste fine.
- Preheat oven to 350F (~175C).
- Beat cream cheese, butter, and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg whites, egg, and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda in another bowl. Add to creamed mixture alternatively with buttermilk. Fold in raspberries and walnuts.
- Bake for 20 to 24 minutes, until the tops are slightly browned. (It might take slightly longer; it usually does for me.)
Total Comments 4
Posted January 17th, 2009 at 07:33 PM by TwilightBlade
Posted January 17th, 2009 at 08:46 PM by Mario The World Champion
Posted January 17th, 2009 at 08:48 PM by Sammi
Posted January 17th, 2009 at 09:32 PM by Mario The World Champion
All times are UTC -8. The time now is 03:33 AM.