Where Sam Sort-Of Explains What She's Writing. Vaguely.
I was looking through my old blog entries, and the one about all my writing piles interests me the most.
Mainly becuase I've advanced pretty far since then. I even have another major story now! Not really much to add to the paper piles, because I've been trying my best to stick to having it on the computer. It's been easier since I've not been in school.
Now if only I'd write faster. I'd love to see all of these finished sooner than later.
I have no clue why, but I feel like trying to explain just what the hell I write. Vaguely. I could go into more detail if you want, but I figure this is already more than everyone wants. :P
My current projects:
Stories about psychics
These take place in an alternate Earth, where there's an extra country with, well, psychics. And it's just a bit screwed up, with that guy trying to take it over and all.
Both series take place in 2023.
- [ch]: The series about a girl in a government group. Just started the sixth story (out of six), now towards the end, and only a little bit behind [sa].
- [sa]: The series about a girl that starts in a government group but then goes to something, ah, less legal. Started as my NaNo project for 2007. On the forth story (out of four), also towards the end.
- Both of these stories will share a story that'll serve as their endings, which I won't start until I finish [ch] and [sa]'s stories. Either that story will be a breeze to write because I've wanted to write the end forever, of it'll have more than I realize and it'll take months...
Stories about aliens
They take place in a galaxy somewhere out there, in an alliance of twelve planets. Magic is involved, and death is cheap, as the leads reincarnate.
Unlike [ch] and [sa], these stories (mostly) don't take place during the same time or on the same planet.
- [p-r]: The file's currently called Nestle meets Nestea, due to two alien names being close to those names. The story itself is still so, so titleless. It's 2/3 done, if I'm lucky. It kind of rambled on, for awhile. There's a whole bunch about training that may or may not be needed. It really outlines an important concept about the main character that I like having around, but at the same time, the action's in the latter part of the story.
- The other [p-r] story, titled Nera’s Awesome Adventures Around the Alliance...?, my NaNoWriMo project last year. It's about Nera, who well, travels around the Alliance over multiple lifetimes. Nowhere near done. It's kind of sort of a guilty pleasure at the moment. I wrote it in first person, which I don't do for any other stories. I feel Nera's speech pattern -- if not everything -- is too close to my own. I'll keep writing it, as I want to know what the hell happens, but I don't know if it'll ever leave my hard drive, if I get to posting stuff. Maybe. We'll see.
It'll be fun to see what else I'll add to my pile by the time NaNo comes around, because if it's like my last two NaNo projects, it's going to be nowhere near finished by the end of November. Granted, by NaNo, I should have both [ch] and [sa] finished, assuming that I'm not going at a snail's pace for the next five to six months.... or that I haven't completely thrown them out for a major re-write again.
It's been so long since I've finished a series (or for [p-r]'s case, a story) that I don't know how I'll take it when it's actually done. I mean, I'll be editing it for ages, but if I want to go back and read something, it'll all be there. That's something I'm not used to.
Posted May 6th, 2009 at 12:40 AM by ShinjisLover
Posted May 6th, 2009 at 6:44 AM by Sammi
Posted May 6th, 2009 at 8:05 AM by Gerri Shin
Posted May 6th, 2009 at 9:15 AM by Sammi