Posted June 22nd, 2010 at 02:11 AM by Hiroshi Sotomura
iPhone 4 is coming out next month in Australia, and it's my intention to upgrade, so I've decided it's time to part with my 3GS and will be selling it on eBay hoping I can get it off for about AU$600 before shelling out on an iPhone 4, which may be around AU$850.
But the dilemma starts here: should I sell the iPhone 3GS first right now, and before getting the iPhone 4? If I did, I'd be without a phone (besides my stack of Nokia phones lying around) and… yeah. I'll be stuck. :P
Should I wait for the iPhone 4's street price to become available, and then sell the iPhone 3G? I'll then have the money to buy the device almost straight away, but then I may not have a chance to actually buy it due to the pending pre-order rush.
Or, should I buy an iPhone 4 straight away, and then sell the iPhone 3GS? I'll have paid $850 upfront without selling the 3GS yet, so I'll have less money at the time.
The only real problem with the last two options is the fact that once the iPhone 4's price is announced, the 3GS might lose value over eBay. I might be able to pitch it at the local 8 GB 3GS price, because people do care about space. And all the better, is that my 3GS is unlocked.
I'm stumped. You guys have any ideas?
Total Comments 4
Posted June 22nd, 2010 at 02:59 AM by Zet
Posted June 22nd, 2010 at 03:41 AM by Pachy
Posted June 22nd, 2010 at 04:37 AM by Hiroshi Sotomura
Posted June 22nd, 2010 at 04:42 PM by Lightning