The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Blogs > Wait, What?
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

Who wants a OVP history lesson?

Posted October 30th, 2010 at 07:44 PM by Sammi

I only ask because
a) I'm bored
b) The threads happened to pop up while searching in OVP.

Anyway, for those of you who've actually read the OVP rules, have you ever wondered where these examples came from?
Quote:
Quoth the Sammi, "We do not want to know how many times you fart in a day, what color your toenails are, or how many pieces of toilet paper you use. Keep it to yourself." That's that. Just don't post it.
Answer? Real threads.

So back in the day, there was this guy named Dakota. Worked on the staff, was an interesting guy I guess. How many of you actually remember him? It's been forever. At the point we're visiting, I want to say he was a Praetor (the predecessor to the AA position), although he might've been s-mod, I couldn't tell you for sure.

Well, one day, he decided to post some really interesting threads. The funny thing being, this beauty right here, posted before those threads.
(Hover over the links for thread titles, if you're too lazy to click.)

And then Chairman Kaga posted a response thread to all of this. It's actually a good read. Although my reply is one of my usual embarrassing older posts.

Was there an epidemic of "random polls" back then? Maybe a little. OVP has always had them, always will. The forum lends itself to some strange threads sometimes. And people will complain about them. It happens. We have rules to stomp out the worst of the worst now, unlike back then, so we learned! Maybe.

This is probably the biggest drama I've seen happen in OVP itself ever, to be honest. Funny, because it's actually pretty small. I'm hard-pressed to remember any other OVP drama. Someone jog my memory?

The toilet paper one was a different time altogether. Yes, I posted in it. I don't know why.

---

PS: My awesome pumpkins are awesome, no?
Posted inPC
Views 1316 Comments 11
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 11

Comments

  1. Old Comment
    This was certainly interesting to read past OVP history, thank you for sharing. <3
    Posted October 30th, 2010 at 07:54 PM by Fernando Fernando is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Timbjerr's Avatar
    I definitely remember Dakota. Looking at the dates, He was most likely a Praetor at the time because this was just a couple months after I quit from the staff, and he hadn't been demoted yet. It's a pity he had to go all anti-staff after he was put on the defensive for all the staff drama from the time. XD

    So OVP's current rules owe themselves to Dakota's crazy tirade. I never knew that. XD
    Posted October 30th, 2010 at 07:59 PM by Timbjerr Timbjerr is offline
  3. Old Comment
    Chibi-chan's Avatar
    CHAIRMAN KAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ;^;
    Posted October 30th, 2010 at 08:13 PM by Chibi-chan Chibi-chan is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Sammi's Avatar
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fuyuhiko View Comment
    This was certainly interesting to read past OVP history, thank you for sharing. <3
    No problem! I thought people would get bored, tbh. :( PC has a lot more interesting history than this.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Timbjerr View Comment
    I definitely remember Dakota. Looking at the dates, He was most likely a Praetor at the time because this was just a couple months after I quit from the staff, and he hadn't been demoted yet. It's a pity he had to go all anti-staff after he was put on the defensive for all the staff drama from the time. XD

    So OVP's current rules owe themselves to Dakota's crazy tirade. I never knew that. XD
    I figured he probably was, but it's been so long I couldn't know for sure. I probably could've looked it up but I was too lazy, lol.

    I think it's a pity when any ex-staffer gets all anti-staff. :( But it happens.

    Pretty much, yeah! If that was his intention, he did a good job of it.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chibi-chan View Comment
    CHAIRMAN KAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ;^;
    ;_________;

    I wish I knew why he left. He left the day I was s-modded... We would've made awesome s-mod buddies! ;_;
    Posted October 30th, 2010 at 08:46 PM by Sammi Sammi is offline
  5. Old Comment
    Forever's Avatar
    Omggg that's so awesome. Plz do it again.

    ...do what you ask? You'll have to figure it out. :D
    Posted October 30th, 2010 at 09:47 PM by Forever Forever is offline
  6. Old Comment
    Drew's Avatar
    Gosh.. reading those make me sad than amused. XD; I guess it's seeing all the oldbies who've left, been banned, etc. Still.. I facepalm'd through a lot of it too. xD;
    Posted October 30th, 2010 at 10:10 PM by Drew Drew is offline
  7. Old Comment
    Lucy Lu's Avatar
    That was a great read. Dang I remember Dakota and Chairman. Dakota was a bit of a troublemaker, huh? I had respect of Chairman. I haven't seen him around in a very long time. The last time I seen him was back in 2005 or 2006...I hope he is alright.

    And your pumpkins are pretty cute. XD
    Posted October 31st, 2010 at 07:29 AM by Lucy Lu Lucy Lu is offline
  8. Old Comment
    Kura's Avatar
    Holy shiatteh. I hated Dakota. He was a douchebag with an ego-problem. Always putting me down in MSN convos, so I ended up blocking him. (I think I have convos from him saved on entries in my livejournal) hahaha..

    Chairman Kaga was another story; he is the sweetest mod like.. in the world!! I miss Chairman ;_;
    Posted October 31st, 2010 at 08:28 AM by Kura Kura is offline
    Updated October 31st, 2010 at 08:33 AM by Kura
  9. Old Comment
    digi-kun's Avatar
    There's no mention of the crush thread here. This OVP history is incomplete! or is this just history of the people who moded it?

    In other news, I do remember Dakota and Chairman. At the very least Dakota's Charmeleon and Chairman's Chairman. Fun times back then, fun times.
    Posted October 31st, 2010 at 11:11 AM by digi-kun digi-kun is offline
  10. Old Comment
    Sammi's Avatar
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Forever View Comment
    Omggg that's so awesome. Plz do it again.

    ...do what you ask? You'll have to figure it out. :D
    I'm hard-pressed to think of anything interesting at the moment, but when I do, I'll let you know.

    Maybe I'll do a PotW post or something. Like, the 3454652 times we've brought it up. XD

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Drew View Comment
    Gosh.. reading those make me sad than amused. XD; I guess it's seeing all the oldbies who've left, been banned, etc. Still.. I facepalm'd through a lot of it too. xD;
    I know! It's a different group of members. Hardly any of them are actually still around. Then again, if you pull any thread from 2005 it's going to be that way.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lucy Lu View Comment
    That was a great read. Dang I remember Dakota and Chairman. Dakota was a bit of a troublemaker, huh? I had respect of Chairman. I haven't seen him around in a very long time. The last time I seen him was back in 2005 or 2006...I hope he is alright.

    And your pumpkins are pretty cute. XD
    A bit? He got permabanned -- I think at that point, it's more than a bit of a troublemaker. XD

    Thanks! I worked so hard on them. And by so hard, I mean I spent like ten minutes on it. :p

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kura View Comment
    Holy shiatteh. I hated Dakota. He was a douchebag with an ego-problem. Always putting me down in MSN convos, so I ended up blocking him. (I think I have convos from him saved on entries in my livejournal) hahaha..

    Chairman Kaga was another story; he is the sweetest mod like.. in the world!! I miss Chairman ;_;
    Oh god. D: I'm sorry you had to go through that!

    He was! He helped me with all my stupid questions when I was a mod. For some reason he thought really highly of me, even though in 2005 I was still a bit of an idiot. Still am , really. I don't know what he saw in me. :(

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digi-kun View Comment
    There's no mention of the crush thread here. This OVP history is incomplete! or is this just history of the people who moded it?

    In other news, I do remember Dakota and Chairman. At the very least Dakota's Charmeleon and Chairman's Chairman. Fun times back then, fun times.
    I kept away from the crush thread, so I can't help you there. :( I bet that was full of fun times!

    It's not a total history of OVP anyway, just a snapshot of one point in time.
    Posted October 31st, 2010 at 04:28 PM by Sammi Sammi is offline
  11. Old Comment
    Anna's Avatar
    Oh Chairman Kaga, how I miss thee... ;-;

    Thank you for sharing this, sammi-san. It was... enlightening? :3
    Posted November 1st, 2010 at 04:38 AM by Anna Anna is offline
 

All times are UTC -8. The time now is 07:13 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.