Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Blogs > Wouldn't YOU really rather have a Buick?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.



Rate this Entry

So, apparently American Nintendo/GameFreak's new trend...

Posted November 22nd, 2010 at 06:15 PM by Elite Overlord LeSabre™

... is to name their regions by taking a car model name and sticking a vowel in front of it. Witness...

"uNOVA" (Chevy Nova).

Well, with this in mind, may I suggest some names for the sixth generation regions:

"eLESABRE" (should be obvious)
"iCENTURY" (Buick Century)
"aTAURUS" (Ford Taurus)
"uCAMRY" (Toyota Camry)
"oCIVIC" (Honda Civic)
"eSIERRA" (GMC Sierra)
"aCHARGER" (Dodge Charger)
"iSONATA" (Hyundai Sonata)
"aJETTA" (Volkswagen Jetta)
"oGRANDMARQUIS" (Mercury Grand Marquis)
or, one of my personal favorites:
"uNINETYEIGHTREGENCYBROUGHAM" (Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency Brougham)

Not sure how ones like Accord and E-320 would work since they already start with a vowel...
Views 1436 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

  1. Old Comment
    Gumball Watterson's Avatar
    Ok, that's sorta being exaggerated. Unova is taken from the Latin roots Uni and Nova. Much very original considering what Isshu/Unova is supposed to be.

    Nova by itself could be a very common name for anything. This claim is just ridiculous.
    Posted November 22nd, 2010 at 06:19 PM by Gumball Watterson Gumball Watterson is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Eucliffe's Avatar
    You forgot ePRIUS and iSMARTCAR :< And oSCION (since Scion model names aren't exactly words, it seems), for that matter :B
    Posted November 22nd, 2010 at 06:21 PM by Eucliffe Eucliffe is offline
  3. Old Comment
    Zet's Avatar
    This just in, Apple sues Nintendo over the use of lowercase i and then uppercase letters for the region "iCENTURY"
    Posted November 22nd, 2010 at 08:44 PM by Zet Zet is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Gumball Watterson's Avatar
    >___> ..... That's very funny, Zet.
    Posted November 22nd, 2010 at 09:50 PM by Gumball Watterson Gumball Watterson is offline
  5. Old Comment
    Elite Overlord LeSabre™'s Avatar
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdvancedK47 View Comment
    Ok, that's sorta being exaggerated. Unova is taken from the Latin roots Uni and Nova. Much very original considering what Isshu/Unova is supposed to be.

    Nova by itself could be a very common name for anything. This claim is just ridiculous.
    I figured as such, but as a car guy I had to point that out (as well as come up with some truly bizarre region names xD)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roswell View Comment
    You forgot ePRIUS and iSMARTCAR :< And oSCION (since Scion model names aren't exactly words, it seems), for that matter :B
    Nintendo has decided to hold off on using the names of "green" vehicles until they release another game whose name relates to the color green.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zet View Comment
    This just in, Apple sues Nintendo over the use of lowercase i and then uppercase letters for the region "iCENTURY"
    Lol, once the major automakers settle their lawsuits against Nintendo, Apple can claim whatever may be left of the company.
    Posted November 22nd, 2010 at 10:06 PM by Elite Overlord LeSabre™ Elite Overlord LeSabre™ is offline
 

All times are UTC -8. The time now is 07:18 AM.