Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Blogs > Sasuke.
Notices

Rate this Entry

Ignorante People - Rant

Posted December 16th, 2009 at 06:30 AM by Sasuke.

Don't you just hate them? I don't know if it's just me but, have you ever been talking to someone or met someone who thinks because you're over the age of 8 you should abandon all ties to anything "not real?"

Like for instance.
Pokemon, the reason we are here. I had a talk with people about this the other day. So, okay. I go to a mostly black school, about, 99.9%. And how many like Anime, not much. Okay so anyway. I was having a discussion with my friend Justin about how Infernape would murder Lucario in a fight. While this was happening some kids about two seats over from us asked us. "Why the hell do you still play that ****, what are you 5?" And I tried to explain to them just because I'm older doesn't mean that I shouldn't play things that I enjoyed as a kid. It was a lost cause though. They were convinced that I should be watching BET or MTV because I'm in high school.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching MTV and BET, but I don't feel like sit there and drain my mind away. It's just stupid, why should you stop doing something when you grow up? That's like saying you should stop drinking milk because you aren't a baby anymore.

And I try to understand their view point. People grow out of things, but the fact that you attack someone else about something they do is stupid, and well, ignorant.

But I'm cutting this rant short. I'm leaving Technology class and I can't finish this until later, or I might forget, either one.

But you get the point. I hate people like that. But sadly everywhere I go I'm constantly confronted with them.

Leave comments if you want.

~
Posted inUncategorized
Views 1935 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

  1. Old Comment
    Eon-Rider's Avatar
    I can back you up on that. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is blame the anime. Although it isn't the childish anime in existence, it does affect the majority of people's opinions. The anime is utter crap and extremely repetitive sometimes which I assume is the main factor.
    Posted December 16th, 2009 at 06:48 AM by Eon-Rider Eon-Rider is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty's Avatar
    I agree with you completely :/ It's like, as soon as being a kid is over you should abandon all sense of imagination, all of the things you liked as a kid and pretty much anything that isn't hip or fashionable or otherwise you're branded as weird. Kudos for fighting your corner, no matter how much of a lost cause it was. I'm 20, and I still have to stick up for most of the things I love now and then. ;
    Posted December 16th, 2009 at 06:55 AM by Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty is offline
  3. Old Comment
    digi-kun's Avatar
    You should try taking up the NEET class. Everyone already thinks your beyond help, so they don't question your hobbies :D
    Posted December 16th, 2009 at 07:47 AM by digi-kun digi-kun is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Sasuke.'s Avatar
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eon-Rider View Comment
    I can back you up on that. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is blame the anime. Although it isn't the childish anime in existence, it does affect the majority of people's opinions. The anime is utter crap and extremely repetitive sometimes which I assume is the main factor.
    Agreed. The fact it doesn't show the strategic part of the games is what makes it looks childish. But we can't rely a whole people's to a TV show.
    The cards are another thing but, that's another story.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moriarty View Comment
    I agree with you completely :/ It's like, as soon as being a kid is over you should abandon all sense of imagination, all of the things you liked as a kid and pretty much anything that isn't hip or fashionable or otherwise you're branded as weird. Kudos for fighting your corner, no matter how much of a lost cause it was. I'm 20, and I still have to stick up for most of the things I love now and then. ;
    I like you. Reminds me of a conversation I was having with my girlfriend. I told her when I'm older I'm going to re-buy all my Pokemon games from when I was younger and we had a 30 minute argument about wasting money on senseless things.
    Yet they find the need to purchase every new bag they see. But that's another story too.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digi-kun View Comment
    You should try taking up the NEET class. Everyone already thinks your beyond help, so they don't question your hobbies :D
    Lulz, I google'd that. My parents would murder me if I even mentioned something like that.
    Posted December 16th, 2009 at 01:10 PM by Sasuke. Sasuke. is offline
  5. Old Comment
    Melody's Avatar
    Agreed, I find it quite amusing that some people think you should outgrow things at a certain age. When asked why I still liked pokemon, I said "It's 10 o'clock, do you know where your inner child is?"
    For that poor fellow, his inner child is probably off somewhere getting him into more trouble than his inner adult can get him out of XD

    Hahahaha. Women. *runs*

    LMFAO...it doesn't have to be 'The NEET' class to be an easy class you can slack off in. :P (School Library assistant anyone?)
    Posted December 16th, 2009 at 02:18 PM by Melody Melody is offline
  6. Old Comment
    Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty's Avatar
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sasuke. View Comment
    I like you. Reminds me of a conversation I was having with my girlfriend. I told her when I'm older I'm going to re-buy all my Pokemon games from when I was younger and we had a 30 minute argument about wasting money on senseless things.
    Yet they find the need to purchase every new bag they see. But that's another story too.
    :D That's actually what I'm currently doing >.> I aim to have all copies of all generation games by New Year XD I'm down to Red, Ruby, Sapphire and the Hoenn Pinball game haha. And they're not senseless, they provide hours of entertainment! Which is...uh...oh no, wait...
    Bag-buying is lost on me. I only replace my backpack (which I wear everywhere) when the bottom falls out. ;;;
    Posted December 16th, 2009 at 03:42 PM by Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty is offline
 

All times are UTC -8. The time now is 01:18 PM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.