What's wrong with PokeCommunity?
Allow me to rant for a bit.
You may have noticed that I have been absent for a while, and back but still very inactive.
I've been on another forum, <REDACTED>.
I really liked it there, and I could only see just how bad PC was compared with those forums.
Thing is, I really like PokeCommunity, but there's just so much I'd like to see changed.
1. Other Trivia. This section is just... sigh. I really don't have any idea what's going on here most of the time, and this appears to be the only place for "games", but full of pointless "games" that require you to learn how to count. It's like we're a kids' forum! Oh wait. Is there really a need for this subforum?
2. Spinoff Games. Where the heck is the love for these games? I really want a comprehensive collection of threads detailing every aspect of some of these games, particularly PMD and Pokemon Rumble Blast. But all that's there is, some newb makes a thread asking whether a game is a good idea, and everybody disses that game and newb's like okay then. Come on.
3. Signatures. They're a pain in the neck to look at. My other forum has them limited to 500x80, with spoiler tags. If you have a lot of annoying crap, you can just shove it in the spoiler. The result is a very neat, easy to read, thread format. But here, I get page-stretching CSS that, while pretty, is not very useful and fills up space, detracting from the actual content. Of course, I have them disabled, so maybe I shouldn't complain.
4. What is there to do here? I do challenges and ROM Hacks, but I really can't see anything else to do here. I'd like to talk about pokemon, but it's difficult to, because of the unwieldy forum layout. I wouldn't even know where to start. (this is not necessarily a problem, just a question I'd like answered by many diverse members of PC).
5. Games. In the Pokemon Trivia subforum, especially. The games there are very juvenile, insipid even. I was looking forward to starting a few mafia games, but I can see now that it just wouldn't fit amidst all the babbling. Also, I'd like to see well-constructed games like Tabletop RPGs, Duels, and roleplaying with a bit more focus on mechanics.
Again, this is just me blowing off steam so feel free to hate me forever. I'm not really going to be around much for you to hate, anyways.
Posted November 28th, 2011 at 3:41 AM by Misheard Whisper
Posted November 28th, 2011 at 5:31 AM by Oryx
Posted November 28th, 2011 at 11:18 AM by Ludger
Posted November 28th, 2011 at 7:27 PM by donavannj
Posted November 28th, 2011 at 7:45 PM by donavannj