Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Blogs > Cid
Reload this Page I guess five years has been enough.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.



Rate this Entry

I guess five years has been enough.

Posted April 28th, 2013 at 09:01 AM by Cid

My life is in shambles right now. College is proving to be too difficult. But maybe, if I let go, I'll be able to walk again. I don't know what lies ahead, but I am hopeful that it'll get better.
For now, with a heavy heart, I'll be walking out the doors of PC, five years later, and eons and eons wiser.

I remember entering PC as a young, twelve year old kid. Looking to play ROM hacks. Searching for a site that holds these cool fan projects. I found PC, or more specifically, the ShinyGold thread. Of course, this made me happy, but to my surprise, ShinyGold wasn't all there is to the place. I was astounded by all these amazing graphics in avatars and signatures, all these cheerful conversations and all these warm friendships and fun banter. So I was, naturally, filled with wondrous excitement. I remember signing up, wishing so hard that I could have people on my signature's friends list then too. That I could at least enjoy it, as much as they do. I started posting around, ventured to a cool little place to make an introduction thread, got a few replies, and the next thing I knew, I was learning all these life lessons, feeling all these emotions, living all these memories. Man. All I can say is, it was the best decision ever.

I could stay in this dream forever. I could keep chasing these clouds. Let the wind take me wherever it wishes. Continue roasting marshmallows by the campfire. I could lie down a field of grass, look up to the sky and relax in an endless slumber, if you will. But I guess...all good things come to an end. There comes a chapter, in this book, when life urges you to move on. To make it worth watching, perhaps. Of course, it doesn't mean you can't look back. But you can't walk forward with your head facing the road behind you. And if it's time-- if the red bar is just bleeping, then maybe you just have to switch out. You might not get all the experience that you could have gotten from staying in, but it's better than fainting for naught.

I leave PC a better person. These past years were filled with laughter, sorrow and life. I've experienced a lot, and I've learned a lot. The Welcome Lounge is the best section I could have ever hoped to moderate, and I'm lucky to have had the chance to show my love to it. Even at moments when my life came crashing down. I hope it continues to be a great place as it is, and that I at least was able to care for it with the little time I had. To PC's staff, I know I've barely scratched the surface as a member of the staff, but I think it has led to the biggest wake-up call, and the most important life lesson, that I could have ever picked up from this amazing website. So thank you. Thank you. I wish...I could personally address a heartfelt message to every person that's touched my heart in this place, but maybe that's something you can look forward to if I ever come back. I hope I can. And I hope that when I do, you guys will be here, being as awesome as ever, and keeping this place as wonderful as it is.

Love you guys. See you on the other side.
Posted inUncategorized
Views 2622 Comments 25
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 25

Comments

  1. Old Comment
    .Aero's Avatar
    Bye Cid. I only recently met you, and only chatted a couple times on the Showdown server, but you're a terrific person and I wish all the best for you. Good luck on your future endeavors and don't forget about all of us here. It's honestly sad to see you go, but I completely understand what you're going through / doing. Again, good luck. :]
    Posted April 28th, 2013 at 09:37 AM by .Aero .Aero is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Kura's Avatar
    Love ya too! You are an amazing person and I wish you all the best with College! Rock it, man! And hope you enjoy life to it's fullest! Us here at Pokecommunity will never forget you, and we thank you for all your contributions here!
    Stay safe, and have a great one! You will be missed dearly!
    Posted April 28th, 2013 at 09:40 AM by Kura Kura is offline
  3. Old Comment
    Golurks Were Meant to Fly's Avatar
    Aw Cid its sad to see you go :( You're a great guy and I hope things get easier! Good luck with college and come back to us soon! :D
    Posted April 28th, 2013 at 09:44 AM by Golurks Were Meant to Fly Golurks Were Meant to Fly is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Alli's Avatar
    I already said what I wanted to say in that other thread. Stay strong ba. x
    Posted April 28th, 2013 at 10:13 AM by Alli Alli is offline
  5. Old Comment
    Treble Harble's Avatar
    It's sad to see you go, Cid. But a decision is a decision, and I know we can't change your mind. D:
    Posted April 28th, 2013 at 10:24 AM by Treble Harble Treble Harble is offline
  6. Old Comment
    Sheep's Avatar
    ...oh my god Cid I am distraught over this. D: I hope you're okay, please please get better! I'm here thinking of you!
    Posted April 28th, 2013 at 10:43 AM by Sheep Sheep is online now
    Updated April 28th, 2013 at 11:12 AM by Sheep
  7. Old Comment
    Bye :> Ive never talked to you but you seem like a cool person, good luck with college and stuff.
    Posted April 28th, 2013 at 11:52 AM by Shiny Celebi Shiny Celebi is offline
  8. Old Comment
    Toshiro.'s Avatar
    I never have gotten the chance to speak to you, but it stinks to see you go :/ You are a great member and I always have seen you around. I wish you the best in life and hope you return! (:
    Posted April 28th, 2013 at 11:57 AM by Toshiro. Toshiro. is offline
  9. Old Comment
    Arx's Avatar
    Goodbye Cid It's sad to see you go. You were one of the best mods I ever seen. Good luck with life man!
    Posted April 28th, 2013 at 12:05 PM by Arx Arx is offline
  10. Old Comment
    Chase's Avatar
    Goodbye Cid ): I am glad that I got to meet someone as awesome as you and I wish you best of luck with life and hope that you can one day return. Imma miss you!
    Posted April 28th, 2013 at 12:35 PM by Chase Chase is offline
  11. Old Comment
    Hikamaru's Avatar
    I'm gonna miss ya dude *sobs*

    But don't worry, I'll help the newbies out even more than ever!
    Posted April 28th, 2013 at 02:28 PM by Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
  12. Old Comment
    Honest's Avatar
    Aw, I guess this answers the question I VMed you. :c

    I already said my feelings to you before, I'm not going to repeat myself, mostly because I fear I wont be able to say it a second time without feeling really sad. :c We just started talking too.

    You'll be missed, Cid <3
    Posted April 28th, 2013 at 04:22 PM by Honest Honest is offline
  13. Old Comment
    Avishka's Avatar
    aww.. i am gonna miss u Cid :'(
    u are an awesome member and mod. i hope u come back soon and good luck Cid!
    Posted April 28th, 2013 at 08:52 PM by Avishka Avishka is offline
  14. Old Comment
    awolfsquared's Avatar
    We never really talked but I'll miss you anyways cause you seemed pretty chill. If you're able to come back please do so, but I completely understand your decision to leave. Good luck sir with your future endeavors.
    Posted April 28th, 2013 at 09:06 PM by awolfsquared awolfsquared is offline
  15. Old Comment
    curiousnathan's Avatar
    Will miss you like crazy man. But you know that already. Go smash college and come back as en even more amazing individual than you are now. See you soon. ;]
    Posted April 28th, 2013 at 10:29 PM by curiousnathan curiousnathan is offline
  16. Old Comment
    Cid's Avatar
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by .Aero View Comment
    Bye Cid. I only recently met you, and only chatted a couple times on the Showdown server, but you're a terrific person and I wish all the best for you. Good luck on your future endeavors and don't forget about all of us here. It's honestly sad to see you go, but I completely understand what you're going through / doing. Again, good luck. :]
    Thanks, buddy. I'm glad that I had the chance to meet you guys at the server. It's awesome.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kura View Comment
    Love ya too! You are an amazing person and I wish you all the best with College! Rock it, man! And hope you enjoy life to it's fullest! Us here at Pokecommunity will never forget you, and we thank you for all your contributions here!
    Stay safe, and have a great one! You will be missed dearly!
    Thank you, Kura. My thoughts are mostly in my reply to you elsewhere, but again, I'm just really thankful for all you guys. I'm gonna rock it in college, for sure.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Comment
    Aw Cid its sad to see you go :( You're a great guy and I hope things get easier! Good luck with college and come back to us soon! :D
    I hope it'll be sooner than I'm thinking it will take, haha. But I will. Thank you, Golurk.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sydian View Comment
    I already said what I wanted to say in that other thread. Stay strong ba. x
    And I appreciate it more than you would believe. Thank you, Syd.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Yuki's Sword View Comment
    It's sad to see you go, Cid. But a decision is a decision, and I know we can't change your mind. D:
    Don't be sad. It's gonna be alright. We'll all keep living our lives, thankful for the memories that we made in places we left behind.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cirno View Comment
    ...oh my god Cid I am distraught over this. D: I hope you're okay, please please get better! I'm here thinking of you!
    I'm gonna be okay, Cirno. Again, I cannot say enough how thankful I am for everything. I'll do my best to get things back the way they should be irl. I just hope that you'll continue to be as awesome as ever. <3

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Comment
    Bye :> Ive never talked to you but you seem like a cool person, good luck with college and stuff.
    Thanks, Shiny. :]

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Toshiro. View Comment
    I never have gotten the chance to speak to you, but it stinks to see you go :/ You are a great member and I always have seen you around. I wish you the best in life and hope you return! (:
    Aww thanks man. I've seen you around too and I know that you're a pretty cool guy. Let's hope so.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JNathan View Comment
    Goodbye Cid :( It's sad to see you go. You were one of the best mods I ever seen. Good luck with life man!
    You should try talking more mods! Haha. But thanks, I'm really flattered. You were a pretty cool person at the server, and at fleeting times that I saw you around the forums, so I appreciate your words. I'll do my best.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Comment
    Goodbye Cid ): I am glad that I got to meet someone as awesome as you and I wish you best of luck with life and hope that you can one day return. Imma miss you!
    Likewise, you are an awesome person, Jelli. Glad to have had the chance to hang out with you at the server.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Comment
    I'm gonna miss ya dude *sobs*

    But don't worry, I'll help the newbies out even more than ever!
    Thanks Hikari. Again, make sure you're doing that in all its sincerity, aight? Don't burn yourself out.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bloodex View Comment
    Aw, I guess this answers the question I VMed you. :c

    I already said my feelings to you before, I'm not going to repeat myself, mostly because I fear I wont be able to say it a second time without feeling really sad. :c We just started talking too.

    You'll be missed, Cid <3
    Thank you, Dipu. I hope that even my last few VMs and those handful times I got to talk to you were fun enough. It sure was, for me.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Avishka View Comment
    aww.. i am gonna miss u Cid :( :'(
    u are an awesome member and mod. i hope u come back soon and good luck Cid! :)
    I'm gonna miss you too. I'm happy to have become friends with you, Avishka, even if it was limited in a way because either I was inactive or you were inactive. I remember you told me some of your problems in school, too. I hope you get through that, too.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AWsquared View Comment
    We never really talked but I'll miss you anyways cause you seemed pretty chill. If you're able to come back please do so, but I completely understand your decision to leave. Good luck sir with your future endeavors.
    Yeah, I wish we actually had the chance to talk. You were one of my favorite members that I never had the chance to talk to, seriously. I'm glad that you understand. Thanks, man.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Curious. View Comment
    Will miss you like crazy man. But you know that already. Go smash college and come back as en even more amazing individual than you are now. See you soon. ;]
    Haha. I will, Nathan. I'll see you when I see you.
    Posted April 29th, 2013 at 12:01 AM by Cid Cid is offline
  17. Old Comment
    arachnidsGrip's Avatar
    WTF CID NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...........................


    I am serious... We have so much fun together, and just thinking bout that college makes me shudder coz I will also planning to attend there 2 years from now ::::<
    Posted April 29th, 2013 at 03:09 AM by arachnidsGrip arachnidsGrip is offline
  18. Old Comment
    Meganium's Avatar
    Awww Ciddy! :(

    I haven't been on as much to see you shine as a staff member (dang life), but I totally, and completely understand how you feel! And you will always be my NU/W TWL grandson, no matter what! I wish you all teh best in your future endeavours, and hopefully you can visit us anytime! I'll miss you sweetheart! <3
    Posted April 29th, 2013 at 11:46 AM by Meganium Meganium is offline
  19. Old Comment
    Fairy's Avatar
    better to love and lose than to never have loved at all~
    Posted April 29th, 2013 at 04:24 PM by Fairy Fairy is offline
  20. Old Comment
    Kiriyuuki Kasuna's Avatar
    Cidddddddddddddddddddd zomg T_T It's really going to be not the same without you here and in the server, you're really an amazing and intelligent person, and I'm going to miss you tons D':

    I wish you all the very best in your life and please do not forget about us, and always remember that we love you and are really hoping the best for you, it really sucks to see a PC friend/member leave just like this but it' for the best I guess...


    Again I am wishing all the best for you and please feel better and take care of yourself! <3
    Posted April 30th, 2013 at 07:40 AM by Kiriyuuki Kasuna Kiriyuuki Kasuna is offline
 

All times are UTC -8. The time now is 12:22 PM.