Feelin' Fresh | About Me
Level 20 cap: taking on Sabrina
Posted April 6th, 2010 at 05:07 PM by BeachBoy
I've battled Kanto gym leaders an innumerable amount of times in my life time. Sabrina is no exception. After purging Lt. Surge with an army of under-leveled water-types, I thought it'd be cool to try and conquer the rest of the Gym Leaders with some enjoyable strategies or pokemon. I plan on taking Sabrina next, so I made some... interesting restrictions.
- no pokemon over level 20, nothin' bred
- ie. no super IV whatever things lol
- no healing items whatosever (as I've done all game)
- no, offensively speaking, type-advantageous pokemon
- ie. no bug, ghost, or dark-types
Taking care of Espeon
33 levels higher than my leading Wobbuffet, aka Back Bite. Here's the trick if you don't see it already: Focus Sash Mirror Coat. Thanks to the low level, the AI is baited into smashing such a pathetic pokemon, psychic brings me to 1 HP, and Mirror Coat destroys Espeon in one quick turn. XD KO'd
Ladies lights out.
Mrs. (Big Lips) Wobbuffet's turn. Energy ball gets me to 1 HP thanks to the Focus Sash, and I OHKO'd with Mirror Coat. KO'd
MIME MIME MIME MIIIIIME
Slowpoke enters the battle. Psychic gets me down to 1 HP, I yawn. (lol lv. 6), Psychic KOs Slowpoke and Mime falls asleep. Time for the boom brothers: Weezing, aka Pollution starts off. Choice band selfdestruct takes Mime to about 50%, next up Golem. If Mime wakes up, I lose, and I might not finish it off with this blast, but here goes nothing. Choice Band Selfdestruct... and... and... I WIN
- final notes
- 20, 6, 20, 20, 6, 20 > 53, 53, 55
- You can find Wobby in dark cave, if you're curious.
- How'd I get a lv. 20 Golem? Safari zone Graveler @ lv. 17, trade, learn selfdestruct, there you go.
- Weezing's the same way, Safari Zone.
- Slowpoke was brilliant.
- slaughtered all her gym trainers with a murkrow first, obviously that team couldn't handle all of them haha
- GOGOGO SLOWPOKE.
- And no, I didn't beat her first try either. I had a Quick Attack Pidgey > Mrs. Lips (for an Endeavor Kurn + Quick Attack Pidgey), but when I tried that strategy, she kept spamming items like no tomorrow. (oh so cheap) So I grabbed my second wobby to shut her up. XD;
MAN THAT WAS FUN.
Total Comments 11
Posted April 6th, 2010 at 05:39 PM by
Posted April 6th, 2010 at 05:43 PM by Misheard Whisper
Posted April 6th, 2010 at 05:51 PM by Tyrantrum
Updated April 6th, 2010 at 06:07 PM by Tyrantrum
Posted April 6th, 2010 at 05:51 PM by Lady Gaga
Posted April 6th, 2010 at 05:59 PM by Forever
Posted April 6th, 2010 at 06:05 PM by Hiidoran
Posted April 6th, 2010 at 06:46 PM by Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Posted April 7th, 2010 at 10:24 AM by BeachBoy
Posted April 14th, 2010 at 03:39 PM by Netto Azure
Posted May 9th, 2010 at 11:14 AM by BeachBoy
Posted May 10th, 2010 at 01:31 PM by Netto Azure
All times are UTC -8. The time now is 02:58 PM.