I finished the GUI http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps33e5c593.png
Now for the technical stuff, Reading and changing the data should be easy but Im not sure how images(uncompressed) are structured in pkmn games, or how to convert between them and a regular .png(and vice versa) Any Ideas?
So I am working on the Fosil program, The GUI is going very well so far, I am programming this in java, and I am treating the rom has a constructor argument. That way when you load a frame you can create an object, and delete it at will, this also allows for easier testing, as I can make a quick "launching program"
Okay. This project is using wxPython as the GUI library. Have fun! Ummmmmm, the Rom can be passed as an unit argument. I will take care of that part. As of right now, the Rom is always open, so treat it as an open file when passed.
No it's ok I made a text converter as well(Like a year ago for my other programs, I also ran into the same predicament has you xD)
I really like the idea of a program that would make inserting Battle backgrounds easier or a program that can make inserting pics with jpans fossil hack less tedious
Ooooooooooooooo that would be cool. I'm doing move editing and battle bgs next. I think text searching would be cool. A replacement A-text. I already have an encoding converter function written. (Still in the works for the obscure characters. But the main ones work great!) I will have to show you how I have been handling text to hex and back, but that won't be hard.
Oh thats suite(pun), and I would love to look at your code some time. I was thinking now that I got some free time you could suggest a feature "tab" that you would like to see and I could try to implement it. Anything from multi-choice box editing to text-searching :D
For right now it is an improvement on YAPE, but as you can see in the title, it says "Suite". There will be many, many more tabs to edit all sorts of things.:D (AND, it will be able to increase the number of evolutions! That is next on my list.)
shinyquagsire is working on a java map editor. I think you could really help out there if you wanted, but feel free to look at my code and suggest improvements. Mind you, I have a very unorthodox coding style for this project. All of me classes interlock and I have a lot of global variables. So you may be apauled by my code. Haha
I am so glad you are making a cross-platform improvement of yape. Also I would love to contribute in any way to your rom hacking suite. I am very fluent in java and I know some python(I think I have a Java -> to python converter anyway, but those are never perfect XD)