Have you seen how I have been using the releases feature on GitHub to create a more solidified set-up for releasing betas? I also just hooked my program up to the GitHub releases API to check for updates. You can mark each release as a main or a pre release, which is useful for dev builds. Just a thought to help you organize MEH. It is looking good so far.
You could always try using a packaging method where you just have a zip with the pokemon info as well as the sprite and have it import that. But it's good to know that you can mass-import to some extent, and inserting images is probably much easier than going back and forth between Bulbapedia and an editor.
I already does edit sprites. I did my best to get all of Wichu's features in and then some. I have thought about mass import, and with the way I have it set up, it could be done, but it would take a while to get everything synced up. I'm not sure how editing images would work though, with the mass import. I guess you have the sprites be named the name of the pokemon? Hmm, I'll have to play with it. It won't be in the first release, but definitely later.
I had an idea for your hacking suite. Chances are if you add the Pokedex expansion then it's going to make a lot of people want to extend it to DPPt or B/W. So to make things easier, maybe you could add a way to save/load pokemon (if you didn't already) and then also add in a mass-import feature, that way you can get the entire DPPt pokedex with the proper stats and stuff without cross-referencing Bulbapedia every five seconds. Of course that would mean that someone would have to make and export all the pokemon but it would be pretty useful in my opinion. Just curious, but will this also edit sprites? I remember you saying that it would replace Wichu's suite...
Oh believe me, it was a progressive thing. Little steps at a time.
Although it's not that hard if you have everything structured out properly. I started out by just reading the banks and map, then reading out all the data, and from there started drawing tiles, then adding editing, then interdpth did event editing, and it just kept growing. I'm definately excited to see this thing finished though. :D
I thought about fixing this: "It could muder your family." but then I thought not. I absolutely love MEH so far. I could never even dream of writing something that big (getting the blocks to align properly for images was hard enough.).
well, you can always just use the ldr to load the location of the routine and BX there, that's what I usually do. Either way works though.
and the reason for the 02020F00 stuff is to modify the palette, since the palette is stored in a buffer there and then copied via DMA. So if you wanted permanant transparency (which is kinda the point) you could just change the textbox palette to all black and only do the IO stuff.