Hmm, got your message about the IPS...
Well, there are a couple of possibilities.
1. The ROM might not have been the right one (some ips files need a ruby rom, some firered, but you probably already knew that).
2. The ROM might not have been clean, did it already have a patch on it?
3. If it was a Ruby hack, then it might have required the rom with a MUGS intro (this one drives me insane. I can never find a hack with the MUGS intro...).
But yeah, all the hacks here are ips files, and they usually work.
Welcome to PC! Before you start posting a bunch though, there's a few things you should know, based on your post in the ToxicPurple thread.
1. Never ask for the release date of a hack. It's in the rules.
2. Don't forget to get 15 posts in, or you'll be booted (I think).
3. If you don't know how to install an IPS file, you need to. Search and download the Lunar IPS program and find a Firered Rom and Visual Boy Advance. Use LIPS to patch the IPS to the ROM and then open it and play it with VBA.
But anyway, have fun here.
Oh, there's already a preliminary release of ToxicPurple by the way, check page one of that thread for the Alpha. It's nowhere near complete, but you can play through the early storyline.