Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 19
May 26th, 2014 03:35 PMkaratekid552Just use SMCA by HackMew. Change it, then compare the file to the pre-changed file in a hex editor and bam! you have your offset.
May 26th, 2014 12:03 PMRenegadeHello once again~
Do you know where the start position is stored in Pokemon Ruby? Someone asked me to ask you, so here I am.
April 5th, 2014 03:19 PMkaratekid552Lol you're welcome.
April 5th, 2014 01:15 PMkaratekid552I have seen this before. Apply Hackmew's run anywhere hack and it will work just fine. I think there is a second flag in the game that causes issues if you get the shoes too early.
April 4th, 2014 02:40 PMRenegadeYis, hello again~
I'm having an irritating problem with the running shoes and I just wanted to know if you knew anything about it or how to fix it.
Once I activate flag 0x82F in a script, the running shoes are supposed to activate. I did this and they did not activate. I inserted the same script into an unmodified ROM and tested it out, and the running shoes DID activate. Why are the things not working on my modified ROM but they are working on the "raw" ROM? Also, I tested this out with a level script and a script tile, with no success (with the modified ROM).
March 19th, 2014 07:35 PMkaratekid552Make sure you back-up often. I am still going to try and fix this....
March 19th, 2014 07:15 PMRenegadeMeh. I went up to 720000 (which is where my expanded Pokedex data started) and searched for the next chunk of like 20 ff's in the data. The search result put me at the very end of the Pokedex data. So I guess there aren't any chunks of ff's in there for some reason. I guess this doesn't matter too much, I just wanted to try to restore my work. I was decapitolizing all of the monz' names and when I finished, I started adding the next region's Pokemon. This is when I messed up. But the only thing I have to do to get back to where I was is re-decapitolize 2 regions of Pokemon names. It takes a while, but its worth it.
Btw, thank you for your help throughout.
March 19th, 2014 07:09 PMkaratekid552There should have been.... at 72 82 70 and the other it should have been a chunk FF. If it failed to decompress on startup, that means your table is corrupted. I have a feeling you pasted over the table (the sprites should have been just before it).
March 19th, 2014 06:51 PMRenegadeI pasted over the data at the reversed offsets and reloaded the program. The error box still shows up.
It says, "Images failed to decompress. Aborting sprite load," on startup. Btw, the data I overwrite at the reversed offsets was not a chunk of FF's. It was some existing data. In your post on the thread, you said there would be a chunk of FF's there, right?
March 19th, 2014 06:04 PMkaratekid552anything above 0x243 no longer has a sprite because of that. Which is why we start at 0x244.
Now you have got it. Go to the reversed offsets and paste in the contents. This should fix it.
March 19th, 2014 03:42 PMRenegadeOhh. Didn't see the other section, sorry about that. But anyways, I got the correct calculations and reversed offsets this time, and I got the pattern AB CD EF. I went to the offsets that were created by the reversing, but the data wasn't a bunch of FF's, rather a bunch of Pokedex stuff.
Here's what I did:
frontspritetable = 7283b0 (.ini offset) = 7295D0 (calculated offset) = 70 82 72 (pattern) -> 72 82 70 (reversed)
frontpalettetable = 72b3e8 (.ini offset) = 72C608 (calculated offset) = 90 83 72 (pattern) -> 72 83 90 (reversed)
Oh, and the sprite that I accidentally checked the "change to FF's on repoint" box on is not 0x244, it was 0x223. But everything after that failed to load. Once I exited out of the program and loaded it back up, none of the sprites loaded (it gave me the error box upon loading the ROM). I tried the fixing method with the new "0x223 and 0x224" numbers, but I basically get the same result to where I don't end up in a slot of FF's, I end up in the middle of a bunch of other numbers and letters.
March 19th, 2014 02:38 PMkaratekid552You are looking at the wrong ini section. You are looking at BPRE, right? That isn't what your rom is loading from. You need to read my documentation about the dynamic ini.
March 19th, 2014 02:11 PMRenegadeOkay. When I get my results from calculating the numbers together, I search for the specified offset in the ROM, but I end up in the middle of a bunch of FF's. I'm certain I did the calculations correctly (not sure if it followed order of operations, so I just tested it both ways).
Here are my offsets:
frontspritetable = 0x2350AC
frontpalettetable = 0x23730C
I calculated it up and got these:
frontspritetable = 0x2362CC
frontpalettetable = 0x23852C
Both of those lead to FF's, so I'm not sure what's going on.
March 19th, 2014 01:49 PMkaratekid552Okay, go into the ini and get the offsets for the frontspritetable and the frontpalettetable.
Now, we need to jump ahead, so we need to add on how many pokemon we have. Each entry in the table is 8 bytes, and we need to jump ahead 0x244 pokemon. So...
Open up Windows Calculator and switch to hex mode. Now do:
frontspriteoffset + 244*8
frontpaletteoffset + 244*8
Now you have the new offsets. Go to each one in a hex editor and write down the next 4 bytes you see. This is a pointer. It will be in the form of AB CD EF 08. You can cut off the 08 (that tells us it is in the rom) and then reverse the bytes like this:
AB CD EF -> EF CD AB
This is the offset of the sprite/palette depending on the table you went to. Write down both numbers.
Now, go to those locations and you should find just FFs for the length of the sprite/palette. At the sprite location, paste the blank sprite I sent you. At the palette location, paste the blank palette I sent you. This should restore them to what they were before they were overwritten.
All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:01 PM.