1. Begin your cycle of soft resetting, remembering to set the clock on your DS each and every time so that the time when you "Continue" matches your target time. Instructions for reliably hitting the target time are found in the "Common information for Breeding and Capturing Perfect Pokémon" section.
2. Once in game, unless capturing something with a very low frame number, you will want to verify that you have correctly hit your target time and delay. The easiest way to do this is to use the Coin Flip trick, as explained in the "Common Information for Breeding and Capturing Perfect Pokémon" section. If you miss your target time and delay, immediately capture a Pokémon and use the initial seed finder to figure out what time and delay you actually hit.
3. Figure out the correct number of RNG advances that will be required to hit your target frame. For example:
Target Frame: 107
Monster Frame: 1
Wandering Pokémon: 1
Total required RNG advances: 105.
4. Advance the RNG by 105. In this example, the Journal page flipping and walking techniques are used. You would flip your Journal 50 times to a page which lists a captured Pokémon to advance the RNG by 100. That still leaves five, though, which can be handled by walking 128 steps with five Pokémon in the party.
5. Capture the Pokémon and verify that it is the one you were attempting to catch. If it was not, you may want to figure out what frame it did come from so that you can correct any errors on subsequent attempts before returning to Step 1. You may do this by entering the initial seed into the seed field of RNG Reporter, clicking "Generate", and then finding the Pokémon in the list.