Third, looks like you're doing it right but here's a recap of calibration rules, DPP with AR:
1. Save in patch of grass (I'm at Route 222, maybe the Victory cave is a problem?) with party less than 5. Save game. Turn off.
2. Have DS and external/computer clock accurately synchronized. Note the hour, minute, and date of the DS system. With game and AR inserted, turn on DS system. At the moment you click START from the AR menu, note the seconds on the computer clock (for example, we press START the moment the clock says 04:35:00 time).
3. (Comfortably but) quickly button mash your way through the opening animation until you click "Continue" adventure on the menu. Your delay ranges should be 600s for Platinum and 620s for Diamond/Pearl.
4. Enter game world and immediately catch the first Pokemon you encounter via sweet scent. Don't make a step. You may make turns. Be on the pokegear app #1, clock. Other poke apps have given me issues.
5. Correctly interpret the wild Pokemon's IVs if using the TM code. The first 6 TMs present IVs in this order: HP Atk Def Speed SpAtk Spdef
5. Enter junk into RNG Reporter. I had no problem doing this. See image. Results must be Initial Method 1 Frame. Write down your delay and seconds; these are important for hitting target spreads.
Again, that if you click START on AR Menu at :00 seconds, you should be getting a result of about 16-17 seconds from the RNG Reporter. Whatever that number is, remember it; it's important for you in hitting target times. For example, if my target seconds is 50 seconds, 50-17=33. I must click AR's START when my external/computer clock reads 33 seconds in order to hit target second 50... :P
Soo that's it. Lemme know if you're still stumped. Use a real cartridge and older DS system, yup yup.
Sitting in Victory Road near the exit to Pokemon League. I'm using an AR code (the same one bearsfan092 uses in his calibration video) I have the DS clock synchronized with an online 24 hour clock. When it hits zero seconds on the online clock, I hit the start button on the AR, load up the game, use Sweet Scent, catch pokemon, then use AR to check the IVs. Then I put the IVs, the time I hit start in the AR screen into RNG reporter seed finder. But every time I click find it says to either check date/time or invalid IVs.
Yes, I'm currently doing the calibration. 4th Gen, Find Seeds by IVs , type info in. I'm using Reporter 8.31 if that matters.
Perhaps you can help me with this. I'm attempting to RNG legends in Plat, (working on Rotom, Uxie, Azelf ATM) but I can't seam to get it calibrated. I followed Bearsfans instructions exactly, but every time I enter the IVs into RNG reporter it says invalid IVs for timeframe or please check date / time. You have an idea about whats happening?
Well people can palpark even today events from years ago. The Pokemon's years have nothing to do with it. Secure posted results on that Event Bagon. So ya. Gonna spread the word.
Also, I've read that legal.exe is now equipped for checking 2003-2005 Jpn egg events. It does not check Ranch well, right. Wheee hack checking methods, knowledge, and innovations. What I may have said legit months ago may be considered hacked today. Apologies. :(