All right, I saw it. Since most people would be scared away by the "good reading" (at least, most that would read my tutorial), I changed it to the same blanket safe variable statement from the main tut (with corrected information extracted from that post).
And next time, don't just edit my posts, man. I'd rather be informed about the issue and edit it myself.
Though, I'm glad I was informed at all about the edit rather than go back one day and see it was inserted...
I got it. There's a huge error posted in the setvar section.
You know, to tell you the truth, I don't really like my own tutorial that much. It's not even really a tutorial, just an information repository. I'd restructure it but I don't have the time.