< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Members List Lance32497's Profile

Notices

Lance32497's Profile Picture

Lance32497 Lance32497 is offline

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 162
  1. azurile13
    1 Week Ago 4:53 PM
    azurile13
    Yep, that should work fine.
    Open your ROM in vba-sdl-h (or whatever debugger, idk)
    Then type
    bpt 0x08zzzzzz where zzzzzz is the routine.
    Do something that will run the routine, and vba will "break"
    which allows you to type "n" to move forward one instruction at a time.
    Type "h" in vba-sdl-h for the instructions list.
  2. azurile13
    1 Week Ago 3:15 PM
    azurile13
    Just use a debugger. Why manually test TMs? All you have to do is set a break point and follow the routine. You'll discover in minutes what the problem is.
  3. azurile13
    1 Week Ago 12:45 AM
    azurile13
    Then I really have no clue why what I posted in the the thread as an answer to you a while back doesn't work :/ Use a debugger. Set a breakpoint for the routine, and try it for something easy to see (near the beginning of the table) like Bulbasaur.

    I don't get why it wouldn't work, because that's a routine that I've used multiple times before. If not, doesn't Ta also have a routine posted, which should also work?
  4. azurile13
    1 Week Ago 3:08 PM
    azurile13
    It depends. You need to explain precisely how your TM compatibility table is structured, where it is located, then I can walk you through it.

    Example: normally by bytes, its
    [bulbasaur TM 1-8] [bulba 9-16] [bulba 17-24] [bulba 25-32] etc

    Tell me how you set up yours. Are all HMs in 1 byte? Did you include filler bytes so each species entry has bytes that are a power of 2? Etc
  5. azurile13
    1 Week Ago 11:27 AM
    azurile13
    Which routine? I don't really understand what you're asking for. What is the issue you're having and which of my posts?
  6. azurile13
    4 Weeks Ago 4:00 PM
    azurile13
    It sounds like your items may not be correctly expanded. I'd make sure that you correctly moved and repointed both the items and images/palette pointer tables.
  7. azurile13
    4 Weeks Ago 11:27 AM
    azurile13
    Actually, it is written so you just assemble the ORAS Learnset file like you would an ASM routine.
    Lol, I do not have "great knowledge" of ASM. Honestly, to fix that TM bug, you should paste the bytes from a regular ROM. What routine were you trying to modify that led to that?
  8. Gamer2020
    4 Weeks Ago 3:15 AM
    Gamer2020
    People have had problems opening up roms expanded with that tool. Not sure why. I'm working on porting my expanders into PGE so try to be patient because you'll be able to use that to add more Pokemon. That suite thing isn't my tool so I can't honestly say what's going on but my best guess is that it expands something wrong.
  9. Gamer2020
    4 Weeks Ago 12:19 PM
    Gamer2020
    Did you change the offset for the Pokemon names? Did you expand by hand?
  10. Gamer2020
    January 4th, 2016 12:44 AM
    Gamer2020
    It has since 2010.
  11. Spherical Ice
    December 27th, 2015 10:16 AM
    Spherical Ice
    Not sure what you did, but if you follow this post it should work.
  12. Lance32497
    December 27th, 2015 4:11 AM
    Lance32497
    I understood since there's a subroutine thing, it will be easy to decompile the code. I'll try my best to do it. Thanks for the help
  13. azurile13
    December 26th, 2015 5:45 PM
    azurile13
    Are you referring to this?
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2018
    It gives those ram locations because if you read the subroutine at ROM:08099E44, writing those values/pointers to those ram locations is the "purpose." Therefore, to expand items, you need to rewrite that routine. However, I did not post a rewritten routine because the specifics of how you write it depends on a number of outside factors such as how many items you want in each pocket and where you have free savable ram to hold the new items in your pockets. Hope that makes sense? (you're not the first person to ask me about that post, so I guess it was poorly written)
  14. Dionen
    December 19th, 2015 11:59 AM
    Dionen
    sure! I didn't create anything new :3
  15. FBI
    December 14th, 2015 7:04 AM
    FBI
    yeah, so the OAM needs to be given a different pal ID in the routine. If you have IDA, check out the objtemplate struct, it's given a pal ID, you need to change that in the routine. To hide it, it depends on the BG number you're using. But you can call the function at 0800139C, with R0 = BG number you want to hide.

About Me

Statistics

Total Posts
Activity by Forum
Visitor Messages
Blog
General Information
  • Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago 2:37 PM
  • Join Date: August 17th, 2014
  • Referrals: 1

Friends

Showing Friends 1 to 8 of 8

  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:25 AM.


Contact Us Archive Privacy Statement Terms of Service Top