I would switch to chomper here
- About Aurora
- Quick Self-Introduction
- On the Internet, I write things and moderate Pokemon Showdown chatrooms. In real life, I'm a bored student just waiting for school to end.
- Hi. I'm Aurora. One day in 2013, fresh from getting drivered on Smogon's server after months of hard labour (and stupidity), I decided to see what made the second-most popular Pokemon Showdown server the second-most popular Pokemon Showdown server. My first experience was one of Derk's famed tl;drs, and, bemused, I stuck around. By some miracle, I got drivers two weeks later, and the rest is history. I've had some rocky periods in my time here, but I came out of them a better person in the end.
I live in Sydney, Australia. I don't like it very much and would like to go somewhere else some day. I am a poor, directionless high school student who will finish school this year and promptly transition into being a poor, directionless university student. As you may or may not know, I'm trans and have identified as such since I was 11; however, looking back, I have exhibited signs of being trans since I was quite little. I'm getting closer to coming out in real life, but that's still aways off, so at the moment, I appear to be just like your average 17 year old male in all but my 'unusually' high-pitched and effeminate voice. Aurora is the name I intend to use when I'm out, so, for all intents and purposes, Aurora is my real name.
I'm not too musically inclined. I used to really like Nine Inch Nails, but, looking back, that was just so I could channel my inner edge somewhere. I'll listen to anything nowadays except jazz, country, and blues. I play some sport, such as soccer and touch football, but will not watch anything else other than my beloved V8 Supercars. As for my gaming interests, they're mostly confined to Pokemon, Mario Kart, Mario platformers and any racing game I can get my hands on. I like Borderlands, too; I recently picked it back up. I also quite like mobile games. Some of them are alright.
I've been playing Pokemon since I was 5, when I got home from Kindergarten one day and was bequeathed FireRed by my mum. Since then, I've collected every game since Ruby, with the exception of HeartGold and AlphaSapphire, and have fully played through the majority of them.
As alluded to earlier in this post, I hail from Smogon. I've been there since I was COPPA legal, and am fast approaching my fifth year there !__! I used to be a global mod (@) on the Smogon server, much like I am on PokeCommunity's server, and served on and off since February 2013 to April 2016. Part of what keeps me on Smogon is the fact that I thrive off the salt of angry tournament players, as well as my friends when I hax them. The other part is the competitive Pokemon; I am decent at RU and am learning (but by no means fantastic at) ORAS, BW and ADV Ubers. I have absolutely shocking luck at the best of the times, but I keep coming back. You may call it a bad case of Stockholm syndrome, but I call it Persistence and Determination. I also love the community with a passion as it has helped me through some very difficult times in my life.
Other Internet communities I am involved with include FunTrivia, where I am probably the youngest user on the site by about 25 years, and Wikipedia, where I have been active in bursts since September 2007. I use Flight Rising sometimes but I just cannot stand the community there. At least changing from Fire to Water made it less intolerable for me.
- Studying, Smash, Pokemon, football
- Sydney, Australia
- Female ♀
- Forum Pair
- Also Known As
- Favorite Pokémon
- Bellossom, Lilligant, Togekiss, Arceus-Fire
- Battle Server Name
- X&Y/OR&AS In-Game Name
- X&Y Trainer Shiny Value
- Currently playing: Expert Emerald (Casual)
- Kiriyuuki Kasuna
- <b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Meaning</font></i></b>
- the fae sorceress
- On the cusp of greatness!!!!
- Pururun Purun Famifami Faa
- a smogoner lol
- Razor Leaf
- <font color=#c2634d><b>重慶森林</b></font>
- [span=font-size: 12px;color:#4780A6; line-height:11px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #ffffff;font-family: courier new;]➟ [b]every story[/b][/span]
- malignant narcissist
- Hearts and Flowers
- Starry Windy
- I'll standing strong.
- [font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
- Just give me a mega evolution already!
Hello! This blog's Terrible Pokemon is Mega Mawile. While its gigantic Attack stat looks very appealing, there are simply too many issues with it for it to do very much at all during your typical Ubers match.
Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Baton Pass
Thanks to Huge Power, Mega Mawile's Attack stat skyrockets from...
Hello! I'm Aurora. Rather than explore Pokemon that are simply not appreciated in a particular metagame, these blogs aim to inform you of Pokemon that are, instead, complete garbage. Some blogs, like this one, will attack specific sets rather than a Pokemon in general. Today, I will be focussing on the atrocity that is Offensive Hitmontop in ORAS RU.
Hitmontop @ Life Orb / Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hello! I'm Aurora. As you probably know, I like playing RU and Ubers. I also like experimenting with Pokemon that most people would shudder at the thought of picking for their team. I've decided that I'm going to start sharing some of these underrated Pokemon so you can begin to appreciate just how deep these metagames are, and I'll be doing this on a regular basis. This blog, I will be covering Exeggutor, a veritable sun sweeper in BW2 Ubers.
Exeggutor @ Choice Specs...