Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
- About EGKangaroo
- Hi, I am EGKangaroo. I have been a big fan of the pokémon franchise ever since it was released in Europe. I enjoy playing video games. I currently live in the Netherlands, but I have plans for studying and possibly migrating to Australia. I hope to become a game developer in the future. I admit that I am absolutely obsessed with kangaroos, but who can't love the little buggers, even if they attempt to kick you into a coma?
I am a bit of a weirdo with a wide array of interests ranging from, as previously mentioned, video games, to politics and linguistics. I love being creative, and love being so with things I have an interest in. I'm a big conlanger as well, who's taken an interest in many a foreign language. I speak both English and Dutch fluently, and while Dutch is my first language, my English is much stronger than my Dutch.
I'm also an experienced roleplayer who frequents plenty of sites where roleplaying is a very big part of the community. I see writing as a hobby of mine, but thusfar, I've never successfully written any fanfic or original fiction.
In regards to music, I mostly listen to punk rock and some music of the good old times, such as the Beatles, who are my all-time favourite band. I'm a moderate singer, but most definitely not great.
Politics interest me to some extent that I can at least take enjoyment out of watching parliamentary debates. I think they're way more killing than any comedy I've ever seen. I'm a voluntaryist at heart, the kind that thinks states should be abolished in their current form and be replaced with voluntary societies. That puts me more towards a panarchist or laissez-faire capitalist libertarian philosophy, even though unlike most libertarians who evangelise Atlas Shrugged like it's the bible, hearing of altruism existing does not make me run away with fright. Most voluntaryists would appeal to altruism to do away with co-ercion in the first place.
My philosophy is based on existentialism. I think that man himself is solely responsible for giving meaning to life. I would support the phrase "L'existence précède l'essence" to my last breath. I think reading up on existentialism really helped me shape myself who I am. It made me think much clearer about what I want from the world and the values I ascribe to myself that form my personality.
I am gay. I don't think that that obligates me to act in accordance to the stereotype that people ascribe to gay people. I do think the kind of pattern recognition that we humans have to categorise all kinds of different items really is a useful tool, but that is until we start dealing with people. Being gay makes me nothing more in essence than that.
In an addendum to that, I am a furry. I've been into the furry fandom for close to 3 years by now. My fursona is, not so surprisingly, an eastern grey kangaroo.
- writing, listening to music, role-playing games, nationstates, constructed languages, and kangaroos: mostly eastern greys. Curse those antilopines, western greys, and reds!
- the Netherlands
- Male ♂
- High School Student
- Favorite Pokémon
- Slowbro, Lucario, Breloom, Gengar, Dragonite, Ivysaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Kangaskhan, Riolu, Ampharos, Farfetch'd, too many favourites D:
- RP's I am in:
Pokemon: Journeys Through Novia - Glyn Schaffer
"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."
- RP's I am in:
Showing Friends 1 to 8 of 8
- mmm gurl that 90s
- [css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-caps; letter-spacing: 2pt; text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #808080; font-weight:bold;"]NO EXTRA I IN GIMME[/css-div]
- entering snake habitat
- A Little Wooly Piece of Steam