Mr Cat Dog
<insert witty eloquence here>
- About Mr Cat Dog
- My name is Jon. I used to be a Super Moderator here until about 2005. I came back in 2011 and was one AGAIN for a year, for some weird-ass reason! Now I just lurk. I'm British, live in London, and am a lawyer.
- Film/TV reviewing/watching; lawyering; snarking on the internet; eating; sleeping, gymming. In roughly that order.
- London, UK
- Male ♂
- Favorite Pokémon
- Lapras, Aerodactyl, Lanturn, Girafarig, Heracross, Houndoom, Kingdra, Cradily, Milotic, Magnezone, Rotom, Excadrill, Chandelure, Greninja, Aegislash, Aurorus
- [span="color: #CE1B1B; font-size: 11px; font-family: 'poppins';"]ATTACK[/span]on[span="color: #CE1B1B; font-size: 11px; font-family: 'poppins';"]TITAN[/span]
- The Fresh Prince of Kanto
- Captain Fabio
- James Sunderland
- Chairman Kaga
- living in the past
- the blossom pokémon
- rushing, ad infinitum
- Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
- find me in the drift
- Hiroshi Sotomura
- Eldritch Smackdown!
- You found a heart!
- [size=1][color=#000000]i'm in your [b]conscience[/b][/color][/size]
- enter the mirror
- Get in the Game
- Razor Leaf
- <font color=#c2634d><b>重慶森林</b></font>
Apologies for those expecting a Futurama reference, but I can assure you that I have not missed a 'the' in the title of this blog post.
I assume that maybe three people will check this out (those three being shenanigans, maccrash and Rest), but I thought I'd do my part to publicise the brilliant new short animated film World of Tomorrow by Don Hertzfeldt. The brief synopsis is below, although it's probably...
So... it's been a while! But it'll be worth it when you see evidence of my visit to London's first cat cafe! Similar to the ones in Japan, Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium opened up on March 1 of this year in London (about 15 minutes from my house)... and it's already fully booked up until June! Deservedly so, as well. Home to about 10 rescue kitties - all adorable - it's a supremely relaxing environment where you can read a good book (on offer included The Art of War by Sun Tzu, Long Day's Journey...
A bit of background is necessary for this one, as it's my favourite in this burgeoning 'series' of blog posts and a bit of context goes a long way.
At the end of last month, in and around Thanksgiving, I went to the US for just over a week to visit some friends out there (one in New York who is from there originally, the other in Virginia who's doing an internship at NATO for 6 months). I'm lucky enough to have been to NYC a number of times, so have done most...
A pretty interesting article comparing Nintendo's recent fortunes to those of Walt Disney Animation Studios in the early 1980s.
If you like either of those things (whether recent or from the early 1980s), I suggest checking out this article.
Let me know what you think in the comments!
(I haven't totally left this place forever, just yet. :D)