This is how we handle information we learn about you from your visit to our website. The information we receive and use depends on what you do when you visit our site.
If you visit our site to browse, or to read or download posts, information like news, cheat codes, walk-thrus, or press releases
If you choose to identify yourself by registering as a member, sending us an e-mail or when using our secure or unsecure [e-mail] online forms and/or message boards:
- We collect and store: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com or princeton.edu); the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site.
- We use this information to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site(s), to track usage and to help us make our site more useful. Generally, we delete this information after 6 Months.
- We do use "cookies" on this site for the purpose of tracking validated members, assistant webmasters, staff, and other authorized users ONLY as well as providing enhanced usability of our site. The general public [surfers & visitors] is not included in this group and my deny or opt-out of accepting our cookies [so cookies are not required there however they are set, if allowed, to enhance your user experience while visiting our site.]
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here .
If you want to get information about you that may be in our records
- We use some personally-identifying information from registered members, submitters, and guests in various ways to further our competition activities. We collect this information only if freely submitted (Verified Opt-in). We may enter the information you send into our database to make it available to our newsletter and other in-site marketing, and to our attorneys and/or investigators involved in law enforcement. We do not share any information received at pokecommunity.com with any 3rd parties. If you want your information removed from our files you must contact us and request removal, contact info is below.
- In other limited circumstances, we may be required by law to disclose the information you submit. If you use one of our online forms, the information you provide is up to you. If you don't provide your name or other information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to, or investigate your complaint or request. (Or track you personally.)
Here's what you should know about the security of the information you provide to us:
- The Freedom of Information Act and the Privacy Act of 1974 provide you certain rights to get information about you that is in our records.
- We use secure socket layer (SSL) encryption, where available, to protect the transmission of information you submit to us when you use our secure online forms, if available. All the information you provide us through these forms is stored securely offline.
- If you send us an email, use the standard comments or submit forms, you should know that email is not necessarily secure against interception. So, if your communication includes sensitive information like your bank account, charge card, or social security number, and you prefer not to use one of our secure online forms, contact us by postal mail or telephone rather than email.
the pokecommunity.com site is a non-commercial
, "hobby-based" fan web site and all actions performed on this site, about this site, or any related activity, reflects that fact. Users assume any and all liability for any usage of this site within the laws of California, and the United States.
3rd Party Links and Advertisements
This site earns some revenue using Skimlinks. In the interests of disclosure and ethics, we want to be open about how we make money from our site. Besides display advertising and other paid sponsorships, we also sometimes get paid a commission if you purchase a product or service that we link to in our content. We want to be clear that any reviews we publish are driven entirely by our editorial staff or contributors based on their personal opinions. We use Skimlinks to help us automate the process of linking to products, especially as it frees writers from any involvement in creating affiliate links themselves.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by third-party companies to serve ads and collect non-personally identifiable information, click here .
Here's how to contact us
You may contact us by
- eMail Contact Us Form
- Postal mail:
- One GigaByte Network
- 1930 Apartment Lane Ste.2
- Sacramento, CA 95825
- If you experience technical problems with the operation of this website, contact our Webmaster.
A "cookie"is a small text file that a website can place on your computer's hard drive in order, for example, to collect information about your activities on the site or to make it possible for you to use an online "shopping cart" to keep track of items you wish to purchase. The cookie transmits this information back to the Web site's computer which, generally speaking, is the only computer that can read it. Most consumers do not know that "cookies" are being placed on their computers when they visit websites. If you want to know when this happens, or to prevent it from happening, you can set your browser to warn you when a website attempts to place a "cookie" on your computer.
Last updated on: 15Feb2014. This policy is subject to change at anytime with or without notice.