• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Yomama's Toolbox - Guess Who's Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
Years
Hello everyone! Remember me? The famed Metallic Generation Hacker is back! lol Sorry I haven't been on in such a long time. I plan to stay now, though. There shouldn't be anymore absences from me. For those of you that don't know me, let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Branden Guess, I'm 15, and in 9th grade. I live in Georgia and go to Jefferson High School. I've worked with computer languages and such for a few years. I've worked with Pokemon since I was 4. XD I've always been a breeder and a collector on the games, and I've always loved the Metallic Generation (GSC) the most. I started learning Visual Basic on June 17, 2008, and I made my first program the very next day, June 18, 2008. All it did was edit a single trainer's Pokemon in Crystal. My knowledge has greatly developed since then. I made a few programs in my first few weeks, but then I lost my computer privileges for a long time. A little while before this I had published the announcement of my "Crystal Workshop" program. Man people greatly anticipated this. However, all of my files were deleted, so now all I have are my finished products. I'm not letting that stop me, though! I've been gathering hex and writing down ideas for a new project - the Metallic Workshop. This will not only cover Crystal Version, but Gold and Silver as well! It is planned to have well over 15 separate tools for you to use, which will be outlined later in the thread. Please support this by giving suggestions and leaving comments! One last thing before I post my programs and my Metallic Workshop outline - I'd like to thank Swampert (now Ragurāji-san) for starting me off. He answered many of my questions and never discouraged me. He's made all of this possible. Thanks Swampert!

Program Downloads

Please go here to download the following programs. You must first sign up. Thanks for supporting my tools!

GBC
Gold and Crystal Version Leader Editor

Description: This allows you to edit any Gym Leader, any Elite Four Member, and Red. You can change their Pokemon's species, level, and four attacks.
leadereditor.jpg

G/S/C Wild Pokemon Editor

Description: This tool allows you to change the wild Pokemon encounters in the game. For example, you can make it so that level 100 Celebi's appear on Route 29. Right now I only have the offsets for Route 29 - Route 31, so that is all you can change for now. I will try to find the offsets for other areas soon.

GSCWildPokemonEditor.jpg

Poke Edit GSC

Description: This tool allows you to change the stats and types of any Pokemon. I know there is more info like breeding groups, etc., but I am still trying to find the offsets for that info. Here's version 2 though. Version 2 also has the items that the Pokemon hold in the wild.

PokeEditGSC-1.jpg

GSC Attack Editor

Description: This tool allows you to change the type, base power, PP, effect, and hit ratio of any attack in GSC.

KNOWN BUGS: Rock Smash says that the effect is "Badly Poison Opponent" for some reason. Same thing for Iron Tail. Everything else works fine, though.

GSCAttackEditor.jpg

Metallic Workshop
When this is completed, it will be my pride and joy. The largest project I've ever given myself. By the time it is commplete, you will be able to change ANYTHING in Gold, Silver, or Crystal that you want. My ideas/scratchwork is outlined below. Please support this project by suggesting tools and commenting!

The Workshop Team
-yomamathecableguy
-dragonfyre173
-melash

Features
ROM Editing
--Tool--
What you will be able to change

--Trainer Editor--
Overworld Sprite, Movement, Direction Facing, Color Palette, Their Pokemon, Their Pokemon Levels, If They Have a Phone Number (maybe), Name, What They Say (maybe)
--Item Editor--
Price, Effect, How Much HP etc., Which Pocket, Use Inside or Outside of Battle?, Location Analysis (with links to change)
--Breeding Group Editor--
Members of Each Breeding Group (make your own breeding groups!)
--Pokemon Editor--
Egg Moves, Weight, Height, HP Rating, Attack Rating, Defense Rating, Speed Rating, Special Attack Rating, Special Defense Rating, Type(s), Rarity Factor, Exp. Yield, Item(s) Held in Wild, Attacks Known at Level 1, Evolution Chain, Item(s) Held When Traded from RBY, Gender Ratio, Capture Rate, Steps to Hatch Egg, Max Stats (maybe), TMs/HMs, Naturally Learned Attacks, Battle Sprite (maybe, Poddish), In-Party Sprite (maybe, Poddish)
--Miscellaneous Editor--
Buena's Password Prizes/Costs (Crystal), Max Username Length, Pokemon in Intro Cry, Your Sprite in Intro, Pokemon Sprite in Intro, Oak Sprite in Intro, Music on Radio (maybe), Shiny Requirements (DVs required, maybe, dragonfyre17)
--Mart Editor--
Items Sold
--Battle Tower Editor-- (Crystal)
Pokemon, Trainer Names (maybe), Trainer Palettes (maybe)
--Wild Pokemon Editor--
What Pokemon are Found in What Location, Their Levels
--Attack Editor--
Effect, Base Power, Type, Hit Ratio, PP
--Map Editor--
(this was made by someone else - you can change tiles, events, etc.)
--Trade Editor--
What They Trade You, What You Trade Them
--Leader Editor--
Elite 4 (Pokemon, Levels, Attacks), Gym Leaders (Pokemon, Levels, Attacks), Red (Pokemon, Levels, Attacks)
--Type Editor-- (maybe)
Type Weaknesses, Type Advantages
--ROM Maps--
This isn't a ROM Hacking tool, it's more like a library of hex offsets. It will have THOUSANDS of offsets listed and decoded.
--Hex Editor-- (melash)
This will be an included hex editor. It may be possible that I incorporate the ROM Maps library into it somehow.. thanks Melash. ^_^

Save Game Editing (dragonfyre173) (many more tools will be added soon!)
--Tool--
What you will be able to change

--Your Pokemon Editor--
Pokemon, Held Item, Attack 1, Attack 2, Attack 3, Attack 4, Original Trainer ID, Experience, EVs, DVs, PP 1, PP 2, PP 3, PP 4, Happiness, Pokerus Status, Caught Data, Level, Status, Current HP, Total HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Defense, Special Attack

Contributions Made So Far By Members (great thanks to these people!!)
Tool --> Feature --> User
Hex Editor --> n/a --> Melash
Miscellaneous Editor --> Shiny Requirements --> dragonfyre173
Pokemon Editor --> Battle Sprite --> Poddish
Pokemon Editor --> In-Party Sprite --> Poddish
Save Game Editing --> In General --> dragonfyre173

Beta Testers
Tester --> What They Have Tested So Far
dragonfyre173 --> n/a

So far there are 14 tools and 1 library planned. I hope to have far more than that. I need suggestions from you to do that, though! If you suggest a new tool, or even a new spec for one of the already planned tools, you will be greatly appreciated and you will be included in the credits section of my final product. Also, I need beta testers. Basically, I'll send you something that will be included in the Workshop from time to time, and you will need to test EVERY aspect of it and report any bugs found. (not like Caterpie lol *slaps knee*) You will be included in your own Credits section in the final product (Credits->Testing), along with a list of what you tested. Thanks everyone! This thread will be continuously updated! Be sure to post if you download one of my tools - bugs, comments, anything!

Current Projects
-Metallic Workshop
-Poke Edit GSC (This is like swampert's Poke Edit DP, except that it's for GSC)
-GSC Learnable Attacks Editor
-GSC Evolution Editor
-GSC Starter Editor

Requests I'll try to get to these soon
-Leader Editor for GBA ROMs (Amine06)

Completed Projects
-Make a Wild Pokemon Editor for G/S/C
-Making Leader Editor compatible with Gold and Silver Version, instead of just Crystal Version
-GSC Attack Editor (can change type, hit ratio, PP, base damage, and effect i.e. 9.8% chance of burning)

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
Years
All right, I'm glad to see that you're back. After reading through the whole Workshop idea, it actually sounds very good. I can give you some more offsets and ideas, if you'd like them. Just looking at the "Trainer Editor", you should add in the Function Byte for full editing. Also, you really should include a Hex Edtior in your program, so you actually can edit everything!

yomamathecableguy

Years
Thanks man ^_^ The offsets and ideas would be great ^_^ Just PM me. What do you mean by the "Function Byte" for the trainer editor? I'm afraid I don't know what that is. lol And wow the hex editor within the program is a great idea!! Thanks! ^_^

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
Years
This looks pretty good... Is there a way to make a tool that changes the qauntity of pokemon a trainer has? I've messed up my old crystal ROM taking away one gym leaders pokemon...

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
Hey, if this helps, I believe I've found the offsets for routes 40-46, and a bit of Mt. Silver (Outside) data. But anyway, these are awesome! Can't wait for the evolution editor; I can't trade, obviously, so I want to eliminate trade evolutions.

yomamathecableguy

Years
That would help very much ^_^ It would save me some time at least. XD It'll also put you in the credits ^_^ Thanks for the compliments. I think I may end up publishing a few of the greatly anticipated features separately as I finish them so you can go ahead and enjoy them before the final product is completed. Just a thought though. Oh, btw, love your signature. I don't agree with it, though. I listen to hard death metal and such, and 99% of my friends listen to that or rock/r&b. I also play guitar and so do like 20 of my friends. XD I guess it depends on where you live though. lol Thanks for the help man. ^_^

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
Well great to know your back. Anyway, what you could add to your pokemon editor is an option to change the offset it looks to for the battle sprite and the in-party sprite. The battle sprite is for poeple who already inserted a new sprite into the rom, and the party sprite is so you don't have the bug sprite for a new legendary (this is only an example)

These tools, along with pksv, will really restart the metal generation hacking. I hope to see these get finished without any more problems.

yomamathecableguy

Years
Great to be back ^_^ lol Hmm that's a good idea. I'm not completely sure how I would go about doing it, but I'll look into it. Thanks! :) I will put it in my original post ^_^

yomamathecableguy

Years
Alrighty then ^_^ I'll test it out and see if it works. If so, then adding that feature will be a matter of adding one option to a few list boxes in the program. :) Thanks again man.

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
Would anyone like to help me and Yomama with the save file editing? We're currently trying to figure out how to get it to work ¬_¬ I've found the Party values, but when I change those, the file becomes corrupted and won't work.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
I have a few more suggestions:
A pokedex text editor
A pokedex order editor (for both new and old pokedex modes) (usefull for adding 1-3 additional pokemon)
Ability to edit the EVs gained from beating the pokemon

yomamathecableguy

Years
Hmm not sure if a Pokedex text editor would be possible right now, but I'll look through the hex a bit. ^_^ The order thing.. may just be possible. ^_^ The EV suggestion does sound interesting, I will start work on it soon. :) Thanks!!

Oh, btw everyone, dragonfyre173 is basically my second in command. So if he answers your questions or something, you know why. ^_^

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2009
Did you get that while using a tool or making one?
I was using your tool on a pokemon silver Rom. And it appeared.
What does it mean? I mean your hacks seem really interesting so I really wanted to use them, but I can't.
Edit: Here is a picture:
http:/*/i41.tinypic.com/29qjyp0.jpg
(Remove the *)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back