• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Azurite Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronic

Off for the Ultimate Victory!
Years
Hey there...

Today, I'm going to present ya a game project which has taken two years of strict planning and polishing, as well as the invaluable help of my collaborators, which helped me give it the last touches to the story and several inputs to this project, reason for which I give them full credit.

Well, without further ado, let me present ya... Pokemon Azurite:

Welcome to the land of Sihma

Spoiler:

In this adventure, you'll travel though the Sihma region, a large, island region home to many unknown species and ancient secrets buried in the sand. The region itself is so large it is divided in three sections:

Uniga, the first island and where your adventure begins, is a large, mountainous island with large, underground cave networks. Its mountains are also rich in valuable objects.

Diiga, a glacier world, is an icy group of two long islands close to each other. It is partially covered with snow because of the glaciers which still shape it's valleys. Snowfall is common in this place all year long.

Remains Islands, a small group of nearby islands which, as legends tell, were once a large area which was ravaged by devastation, leaving only remains of it's former glory.

The large sea routes that connect the different sections are the only way to travel throughout the region. It's seas are full of ancient ruins and treasures, and it's shores and valleys are marked by a dark legend which, if repeating itself, would mean the end of the world as we know it...​

Story

Your story begins in Salwood Town, a small town in Uniga, home of the region's Pokemon Lab and Professor Lily, which is an expert on Pokemon adaptation. You are an enthusiast who helps Professor Lily with her investigations in her Lab. You have always wanted your own Pokemon, but because of multiple reasons, you haven't been able to get yours... until now.

You wake up from a nightmare. The same dream has been haunting you since a week now and you wonder what it is. You then check your clock… you're late to the Lab. You were supposed to be there an hour ago. You rush to the Lab and find out the Professor went out for something yet unknown. You go outside to look for her, and before you get outside, she enters the Lab.

She bugs you with your delay and then says you you're going with her to Route 601 to search for Pokemon. Once there, the Professor tells you she's searching for one of three specific Pokemon (starters). You choose anyone of them and go on searching until you spot it, then it runs away. You follow the fleeing Pokemon until you reach a small clearing. The small Pokemon can no longer run and you catch it with ease.

Now, you then decide to go back to the Lab when you are attacked by a wild Pokemon. You must then battle the attacking Pokemon with the only Pokemon you've got. You win, or so you thought… The Pokemon recovers and tries to attack you again. Your Pokemon is tired and can't battle any longer. Then, someone appears and captures the attacker Pokemon. He then helps you and together return to the Lab.

You are received by the Professor, who then introduces you Jack (the guy who saved you earlier), and tells you he just moved in town today so she went to meet him. Then Jack talks about your battle and how outstanding you were, in spite of the near-defeat. The Professor then decides to give you the Pokemon you just caught as a gift. Now that you have a Pokemon, you decide to go on in your journey through the world.

As your story unfolds, you'll find out about the region's dark past, and will acknowledge there are some who wish to use it for their own convenience, and, without you even noticing, you'll be dragged into this plot, becoming witness and actor of this struggle between factions as they struggle to achieve their plans... plans no one wishes to be accomplished.​

Features

Throughout the game, you'll find several new stuff and some comebacks to really test the player in his/her quest for the Championship. I'll now be enlisting some of the features to be expected in this game:

• New characters
  • + nearly 100 new Pokemon species with new type matchups
  • New abilities, moves and items
  • Two new, more passionately evil teams
  • New Gym Leaders, Elite Four and Champion
  • More fierce, complex battle system
  • Extended Day/Night System with changing Weather and Seasons
  • Real-time Clock for coordination with the real world
  • Soul World and Close Space make an appearance (special, rule-breaking places like Distortion World)
  • + much more...

Join the Team...

The project runs fine right now. We've got up to the first city mapped... and still growing. Any help would be welcome. Below you'll find the most important positions to be filled:

Spoiler:

To apply, just leave me a PM or VM with the basic stuff: name, area to apply, previous work, preferred method of contact, and so on...

Apart from this, any ideas for new moves, abilities, items or Pokemons will be welcome. Critics are also received...​

Members

Chronic -> General graphics, Plot, Idealist and Direction S1
Maky -> Coding, Plot, Idealist and Direction S2
pokekingkian -> Spriter, Idealist and Beta Testing
RataHack -> Tiling
agent destroyer -> Coding
divine.murder -> Story, Idealist and Beta Testing​

Credits

Nintendo; for the Pokemon general idea, some resources and structure.
DarkKay and Maky; for giving me the final touches and motivation to take the project to the next step.
Blazers; for the support banners.
Kyledove; for tiles.
poccil; for Starter Kit.​

Support

dnj9c0.png

Code:
[PLAIN][URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=187896"][IMG]http://i29.tinypic.com/dnj9c0.png[/IMG][/URL][/PLAIN]

34qmflw.png

Code:
[PLAIN][URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=187896"][IMG]http://i26.tinypic.com/34qmflw.png[/IMG][/URL][/PLAIN]

25smqme.png

Code:
[PLAIN][URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=187896"][IMG]http://i26.tinypic.com/25smqme.png[/IMG][/URL][/PLAIN]

Read ya later...

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I think you are not going to get many people to code flash for you. Unless you are good at it, or are using more familiar programs (like RMXP) you'll be stuck in the planning phase a bit longer. Why not try to use the starter kit if you are unable to begin development and once you are better with scripting and have a larger team, you could start with coding it to some other platform. Personally I would like to help, but I'm terrible at spriting, and even worse with flash.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
hey im intrested ;) the storyline is cool just wondering what are the starters? or dont you want 2 reveal? :) just wondering can i test for bugs

thanks

~kian

Chronic

Years
I think you are not going to get many people to code flash for you. Unless you are good at it, or are using more familiar programs (like RMXP) you'll be stuck in the planning phase a bit longer. Why not try to use the starter kit if you are unable to begin development and once you are better with scripting and have a larger team, you could start with coding it to some other platform. Personally I would like to help, but I'm terrible at spriting, and even worse with flash.

We decided it would be better in Flash partly because it's very similar to the programming languages we know and partly because we wanted a higher challenge (can be summarized as "we wanted to struggle with the "scratch engine" problems")...

Any help is welcome... The ones I posted are the most urgent ones, but anyone is welcome to help in whatever they can.

hey im intrested ;) the storyline is cool just wondering what are the starters? or dont you want 2 reveal? :) just wondering can i test for bugs

thanks

~kian

Well, the Starters will be explained shortly... Of course you may check for bugs... I'll contact you when we have something for you to test.

Well, a small spoiler for the game:

Starters

The Starters for the game are as follows:

Ailambu, the Tiny Panda Pokemon

picture.php

For this species, agility is life. This Pokemon is naturally quick and swift, relying mostly on speedy moves and super effective hits. It becomes Dark-type when evolving.

Waxan, the Wax Pokemon

picture.php

This Pokemon is mischievous and playful, and becomes more active in the night, when it haunts wanderers in old buildings. It becomes Ghost-type when evolving.

Corya, the Sponge Pokemon

picture.php

This Pokemon has troubles walking on land, as it is adapted to the sea. It's anatomy makes it slow but very resistant. It furthers its resistance by becoming Steel-type when evolving.​

Last edited:

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
cool thanks for the info im looking fowerd to this :) good luck just pm me when you need me

thanks

~kian

Chronic

Years
Well, more updates to the plot (and more spoilers as well) This time, a little background info for the evil teams in the game, team Vita and team Necro:

Spoilers ahead...

Spoiler:

Well, this is the summarized story of the Teams... This Teams, as random as they are, are sure to be very passionate and eager to their doings. They are harsh and always seek to get the work done, so there's no "I'll go to do some things first, then this", 'cause they never wait too long.

Every mission in which you compete against them is a time issue. You are given a certain amount of time, after which they execute their doing and blow the place. If you delay too long, you will not be able to return to that place until the world becomes restored (explained later...)

The clock only runs outside of battle and when not interacting with anything. If you happen to fail, you'll be defeated and will be taken to the last healing spot, without money and some random items (Key Items are never lost, that's for sure) The more items you've got, the more you loose, so it's better for the player to try to get the things done...

Read ya later...

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
well ive TRYED lol to make a fanbar but the writing on it sucks but here it is hope you dont mind
userbar762720.gif

ill just make the water one in a non animated one because that fits in better here it is:
831249219768.png

im new to fan bars so they're not 2 good well good luck with the rest of te project

thanks

~kian

Chronic

Years
well ive TRYED lol to make a fanbar but the writing on it sucks but here it is hope you dont mind
userbar762720.gif

ill just make the water one in a non animated one because that fits in better here it is:
831249219768.png

im new to fan bars so they're not 2 good well good luck with the rest of te project

thanks

~kian

Thanks for the support. It's really helpful... Although I can barely see the letters, it's still a nice try. Maybe I'll upload some official art soon.

Also, I think I'll be changing from Flash to RPG Maker again, to start the development right the way and to allow me to get better with Actionscript, which has dealt me lots of troubles up to now.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Thanks for the support. It's really helpful... Although I can barely see the letters, it's still a nice try. Maybe I'll upload some official art soon.

Also, I think I'll be changing from Flash to RPG Maker again, to start the development right the way and to allow me to get better with Actionscript, which has dealt me lots of troubles up to now.

If you need any scripting help in RMXP, you can always contact me through PM. I'll be glad to help.

Chronic

Years
Thanks for all the support... Now, it's time for some small updates. This time, I'll be covering some of the improvements for the maps, as well as one of the most special characteristics of this game: random weather and seasons...

Spoilers ahead (once more...)

Spoiler:

The next update might have some screenshots, as I'll get even busier from now on...

Best of lucks for everyone and read ya later...

Edit: Development begins this Saturday, and, as a right-foot start, new images will be available...
Anyone interested in joining the development group is welcome to apply at any time.

Read ya tomorrow... A new age of adventures and dreams is about to unfold...

Last edited:

Chronic

Years
Official Art for the Starters:

Well, you've already seen my li'l freaks... So, I present them once more, V2.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

To give your opinion about any of the pictures, click on the picture or leave it in here (although I'll prefer the first option, but it's up to you)

These will become the base for the sprites of the Starters

I'll be bringing ya some screenshots as soon as the first map is complete (which I expect will occur for next Saturday or probably this Sunday)

I'll begin using (temporarily) Kyledove's tiles, then I'll substitute them with my own. I'll give him credit once I start posting the screens.

It's Time for Step 3...

Be happy, be nice and read ya later...

Last edited:

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
do u need any help with this ideas/beta tester/begginer mapper?

:) i just really like this idea

thanks

~kian

Chronic

Years
Yeah... Any help is very valuable. Just send me the required PM or VM. It must contain username*, area(s) to apply*, any previous work, prefered method of contact* and additional info. (items without * are optional, previous work is preferred but optional)

Read ya later...

Chronic

Years
Unfortunately, no... The PC in which I have the project's files isn't this one... This is my "portable office"... I'll try to post some screens next Saturday, as this week will also be certainly busy.

I expect that by next week I'll be able to post some actual game material, apart from more concept art and a li'l surprise included in the game...

Read ya later...

Chronic

Years
Well, posting to tell ya we're not dead yet, nor we intend to be...

We have finally gathered and begun the mapping process... I'll be posting some maps soon. Recall we're using Kyledove's tiles, so you may guess the current style.

In other news, the region map is being redone with a hybrid style based on a HGSS Style for the routes and places but using a completely different focus for land and sea. Wait more soon...

Read ya later...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Kyle dove, good choice.
Now will the maps be done in Kyledove HG/SS tiles or just the region map?

Chronic

Years
Kyledove's style will be present only in the overworld map, the region map is done in my style and will soon be resprited in a brand new style. We try to be as unique as possible but also try to use all the resources we may have in hand until we develop our own resources... and what better resources for maps than Kyle's?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back