• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Onyx Version

Should this game feature the 1st or 4th generation starters?

• 1st Generation (Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle)

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • 4th Generation (Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup)

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
Years
TitleScreen.png

Made By: 4th Gen Matt

Made Using: RM2k3

Credits
PokemonElite2000.com - Sprites
Dawson - Base for the Battling System

Staff
4th Gen Matt - Mapper, Eventor
PoKeMaKeR - Spriter
Mages4ever - Concept Artist

Features

PokeballSprite.gif
A new region to explore.

Explore the beautiful region of Fuji. This new region will offer 8 brand new Gym Leaders and a tougher Elite 4.

PokeballSprite.gif
151 Pokemon (No Fakemon)

The Fuji region offers 151 Pokemon to capture and train. There will be no Fakemon and only a few legendarys which will have a great backstory. Can you catch e'm all?

PokeballSprite.gif
Pure Pokemon

Pokemon: Onyx Version will offer a type of Pokemon called "Pure Pokemon". These Pokemon are colored light blue and gold and will receive a 5% stat bonus in Sp.Atk. Here is a picture of a "Pure Bulbasaur":

Bulb-.jpg

PokeballSprite.gif
Shadow Pokemon

Pokemon: Onyx Version will also offer a type of Pokemon called "Shadow Pokemon". These Pokemon are colored purple and dark blue and will receive a 5% stat bonus in Atk. Here is a picture of a "Shadow Bulbasaur":

Bulbasaur.png

Storyline

You are <insert name here>. A 13 year-old teenager eager to begin your Pokemon journey. You were set to begin your Pokemon Journey a year ago, but due to your parent's divorce, it had to be postponed. After the divorce finalized, you and you father moved to Ivory Town in the Fuji Region. Fully unpacked, you are ready to set out on on your Pokemon journey. However, behind closed doors, Team Astro is plotting and scheming. They have something up their sleeves, something that may ruin the lives of millions and change the PokeWorld as we know it! It is up to you to unearth Team Astro's hidden plans and stop them before it is too late. While also trying to earn your eight gym badges and become the Pokemon Champion!

Want to help?

It is very possible for me to create this game by myself, but that does not necessarily mean that I want. to. I believe that the experience of creating a Pokemon fangame is more fun if you are doing it with others. So if you want to help, feel free to apply by sending me a PM. Here is what I am currently looking for.

PokeballSprite.gif
Someone to help create events.

PokeballSprite.gif
Mapper

As for me, I will create new ideas, map, and do some simple events. I need all the help I can get, so feel free to PM me with this form filled out if you want to help.

Desired Position:

Proof of Work:

Support Banners

Show you support for Pokemon: Onyx Version with one of our many support banners made by our Concept Artist Mages4ever.

Supporter1.gif

CresseliaSupportBanner.gif

Conclusion

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread. I hope you decide to participate in this project of ours. Even if you do not decide to participate, your opinions, suggestions, and constructive criticism are greatly appreciated.

pokeball.gif
4th Gen Matt, PoKeMaKeR, and Mages4ever.

Last edited:

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
Desired Position: Idea Maker ( That's what it's called)

Proof of Work:
Spoiler:

But really, I'm creative and I think of random things in like 10 seconds.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Change the outline color in the bulbasaurs sprites, black is contrasting with white =/.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
Years
Change the outline color in the bulbasaurs sprites, black is contrasting with white =/.

Those are just a prototype I would say.

The final making of them will look a lot better. Thanks for pointing that out for me. I will get it fixed next chance I get. What color would you suggest to replace the black?

Look interesting...
Though the bulb on the bulbasaurs are the same colour. o_O

Actually, the bulb on the Pure Bulbasaur is a lighter white than that on the Shadow Bulbasaur. Take a closer look and you will realize the color difference.

Last edited:

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
The second go at Pokémon Onyx, isn't it :)!

I would like to know the following :

- since it is made in RM2k3, will it feature a proper pokemon systems (like battle and catching, you know ;))

And about the bulbasaur sprites, I think you should change the shadow bulbasaur's eyes and bulb..
But I need to make a sprite of it myself to see in what way you should change it :P!
So anyways
Good luck on the game, I hope to see this finished!

PoKéMaKeR

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
Years
The second go at Pokémon Onyx, isn't it :)!

I would like to know the following :

- since it is made in RM2k3, will it feature a proper pokemon systems (like battle and catching, you know ;))

And about the bulbasaur sprites, I think you should change the shadow bulbasaur's eyes and bulb..
But I need to make a sprite of it myself to see in what way you should change it :P!
So anyways
Good luck on the game, I hope to see this finished!

PoKéMaKeR

Well, I am hoping that I can get a battle and catch system, although I am not quite sure how that works. If I cannot figure it out, I may just use the base from another Pokemon Game for the catching system and battle system. I would first have to find th best one though, and get permission.

PokeMaker, if you want, you can help me sprite this game. It would help a lot so I can focus on other aspects of the game.

And yes, this is my second try at Pokemon: Onyx. I had to postpone the other one due to lack of time and when I came back, I decided to just throw it out the window and start over. I think it has started better then the other one did.

i dont know what i could do to help but im sure it'll be great. Good job mate ^.^

Well, supporting and encouraging me throughout the process is a way to help me. =)

And thanks, I hope I can finish this game so I can see my ideas come to life.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
Well, I am hoping that I can get a battle and catch system, although I am not quite sure how that works. If I cannot figure it out, I may just use the base from another Pokemon Game for the catching system and battle system. I would first have to find th best one though, and get permission.

PokeMaker, if you want, you can help me sprite this game. It would help a lot so I can focus on other aspects of the game.

And yes, this is my second try at Pokemon: Onyx. I had to postpone the other one due to lack of time and when I came back, I decided to just throw it out the window and start over. I think it has started better then the other one did.

Uhm I'm not sure if I can help, cause I'm not really that good at custom spriting,and for the next 2 or 3 weeks I don't have much time on hand so.. (PM about this)

Oh and about the 151 Pokémon catchable, which ones will that be, only the first 151 Pokémon or..?

PoKéMaKeR

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
Years
Uhm I'm not sure if I can help, cause I'm not really that good at custom spriting,and for the next 2 or 3 weeks I don't have much time on hand so.. (PM about this)

Oh and about the 151 Pokémon catchable, which ones will that be, only the first 151 Pokémon or..?

PoKéMaKeR

The first post says no Fakemon, so there is no custom stuff being done. The spriting will be strictly recoloring sprites to Pure and Shadow form.

To tell the truth, I have not decided which 151 Pokemon will be catchable yet. Maybe my favorite 38 from every region except one region which will have 37.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
The first post says no Fakemon, so there is no custom stuff being done. The spriting will be strictly recoloring sprites to Pure and Shadow form.

To tell the truth, I have not decided which 151 Pokemon will be catchable yet. Maybe my favorite 38 from every region except one region which will have 37.

I already read about no fakemon, but I thought maybe you meant spriting custom sprites of the original Pokémon, but since it's only about recolouring, it's not that hard to do so maybe I can find some time to do so ;)!

PoKéMaKeR

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
Years
I already read about no fakemon, but I thought maybe you meant spriting custom sprites of the original Pokémon, but since it's only about recolouring, it's not that hard to do so maybe I can find some time to do so ;)!

PoKéMaKeR

Alright, can you get a recolor of a Shadow Bulbasaur done before I leave for school in an hour?

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
Years
Uhm, that'll be possible, D/P sprite, or Platinum one?

PoKéMaKeR

D/P is fine. Just PM me when your done. I am going to eat breakfast. I'll be back in 15 minutes.

Either way, the D/P Bulbasaur sprite is the same as the Plat. one.

EDIT: I am back from eating breakfast. Just PM me when your done with the recolor.

Last edited:

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
So people, I'm the "spriter" of this game (read recolourer:P)
Tell me and 4th Gen Matt what you think about the Pure and Shadow Bulbasaurs!

Oh and just something to ask (maybe matt'll make a poll of it so..)
What starters should be in this game
1st or 4th gen starters?

Tell us what you think, and thanks for viewing this thread

PoKéMaKeR

Last edited:

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
Years
So people, I'm the "spriter" of this game (read recolourer:P)
Tell me and 4th Gen Matt what you think about the Pure and Shadow Bulbasaurs!

Oh and just something to ask (maybe matt'll make a poll of it so..)
What starters should be in this game
1th or 4th gen starters?

Tell us what you think, and thanks for viewing this thread

PoKéMaKeR

Actually, it would be 1st, not 1th.

So, 1st or 4th?

I'll make a poll.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
Oops!!

I made the stupid mistake to save the Pure Bulbasaur as a .jpeg file..!
So here is the .png file ;)

bulbapure.png

It also has some minor changes, like the eyes and the lining of the bulb.

PoKéMaKeR

Last edited:

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
Thanks for Accepting me!
You spelt my name with a lower case "M" lolz
Also.
Read you're PM's

Last edited:

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
Years
A small update here.

Our awesome Concept Artist mages4ever just finished the title screen and the two support banners. One of these support banners features Darkrai and the other Cresselia. Check them out and put them in your sig to support our game!

The Bulbasaur pictures have also been redone. Check it out.

Last edited:

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
update time!

I present to you..

Ivysaur Pure :

ivypure.png

And of course his opposite Ivysaur Shadow:

Ivyshadow.png

Tell me what you guys think about them and keep posting in this thread :D

Status