• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wild Encounters

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
wild-pikachu.jpg

It seems as though encountering wild pokemon has sorta changed graphic wise for this game. What do you think of this?

Perhaps they will stick to the traditional random encounter rates, but, do you think there will be more features? Would you prefer to be more of a way to encounter wild pokemon than the traditional ways? For example, maybe in specific places, you can encounter wild pokemon as you see them physically walking? Or maybe you prefer the traditional ways of random pokemon encounters?

One more thing: what are you hoping for in terms of encounter rates? Should they be higher? Lower? Should there be more of a chance to get certain pokemon, or would you prefer rarities?

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I don't care what they do as long as they don't drastically slow down game play with a lot of like animation at the beginning of the encounter.

I like the idea of being able to physically see the Pokemon. Easier shiny encounters anyone?

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
I hope they keep the encounter rate the same. I love how they even included Unova pokemon in the game, which seems odd to me seeing as how Unova was sooo isolated.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
If I have to went through some "cinematic" for every random encounter, I'll stop grinding. Seriously they should provide option to skipped it >__>

As for encounter rate, I though the current one is fine. Except for dungeon, they should turn it lower than grass.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I don't care what they do as long as they don't drastically slow down game play with a lot of like animation at the beginning of the encounter.

I like the idea of being able to physically see the Pokemon. Easier shiny encounters anyone?

This. the improved graphics are all fine and dandy, but if they slow the actual encounter process along, I'll spit it. :P

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I think as long as it is the same speed as the normal encounter it wouldn't matter. However I would get sick of having to wait a long time for the pokemon battle actually start. This was my worry when I first seen the trailer. Would it slow down the game?

Sirfetch’d

I hope the encounter rate is about what it is. You need encounters for leveling and catching the mons you want. I just hope it isnt super slow.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think I'd prefer the old system. If everything appeared like it used to be, in terms of encounter rates and isn't slow, I'll be happy, but still I like the old system of not physical encounters so I'll need to get used to that.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I think they'll still be sticking with the traditional encounter rates and will indeed keep the encounter rates at the same level as it was in previous games. I'm sure nothing will change. ;)

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I really care about how slow the battles take, as other users mentioned. It looks like it will take a while, considering the new 3D moves, and how the wild Pikachu appears. I'm hoping for the opposite, or maybe an option to speed up wild battles, as otherwise it looks like it would take a while to get through a small route without repels.

As for encounter rate, I think it should stay the same as the previous games, provided battles don't slow you down that much.

Years
I just hope they give us the option to skip the animation. I'm sure it's cool to watch the first couple of times... But then afterwards, it just gets tedious. :P

I think that the encounter rates are just fine as it is.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
First I gotta say that is a CREEPY way to see new Pokemon. You get all up in their face and it would probably scare the crap out of me. It's gonna take some getting used to, honestly.

I'm sure things will generally run the same though. And I hope it doesn't run slow like DP. We don't need another slow running game. It doesn't seem that way watching the trailer though, but eh. It goes so fast in the 2D games, like RSE. But then compare that to playing Colosseum, it takes a while to get through your battles because each Pokemon has an animation they do for attacking and then the other one has an animation for when it's hit, and then the faint animation as well. So I'm a bit worried about that when I say I hope it doesn't go slowly.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
The wild pokemon scene looks pretty cool. I'm just wondering how larger pokemon would appear in such short grass. Anyway I agree that it would be slightly vexing if the oppening to the battle were extended to the point were you feel like spamming repls everywhere you go to avoid wild encounters. Which, I hope that's not the case due to how that would be counter productive seeing as how attractive the attractive wild encounters are, and how it seems to evoke the feeling of you wanting to go out into the grass.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm gonna have to get use to it, but it looks pretty neat. I just wondering what it will look like when it's put together. Are you gonna be walking the grass and the usual music will play when you encounter a Pokemon and it'll zoom in on the grass? Whatevar happens, I just hope it doesn't slow down the speed of battling.

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
I don't even care since I don't pay attention to little things like that. It honestly makes the game much better visually. But if I had to grind a team of six around eight levels each (I'm looking at you Diamond and Pearl), I'd get really annoyed.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm gonna have to get use to it, but it looks pretty neat. I just wondering what it will look like when it's put together. Are you gonna be walking the grass and the usual music will play when you encounter a Pokemon and it'll zoom in on the grass? Whatevar happens, I just hope it doesn't slow down the speed of battling.

That'd be how I hope it is kind of. Or maybe it'll only zoom a bit, and if so, outwards to the field to battle.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I would love to see some pokemon, though it annoys me with the memes, where people assumed the grass was normal size, the tall grass where you encounter pokemon reaches up to your neck, you're telling me you burrow underground? xD But in all seriousness, I'd like to see the tall pokemon, same size or bigger than you be seen in grass sticking out and small like Joltick can't be seen.

Back