• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Infraction system information and questions

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
I think I understand and I agree that it's a better system than the previous one. It is a LOT more complicated though. X_x

PB.

'PB
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2011
This does seem alot better, but slightly confusing.

What happpening to the warning sosme members may already have?

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
Years
I'm a bit nervous about this, actually.
I've had some experence with the infraction system at other forums, and it's a bit painful to go to your CP and see all your wrong doings staring at you. D:
(I know you can hide the list, though)
I liked the old system better, but I suppose it's for the best.

Anyways, I have a question.
Can you see warning cards on other member's posts?

175.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
Years
Yea.. i get it.. i've seen this at other forums.. This dude got like 10 infractions in a day >.<

Will there be like the opposite? Like a reward system?

Like Reputation that i've seen at other vBulliten Forums

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I must say that I prefer this system because you can redeem yourself from your past infractions, as oppsed as before ^_^

A question: if you get three points for spamming, and then you are punished for anything else (let's say: breaking the character rule), they also are added to the total (Say: 3 months for spamming and two weeks for breaking the character rule = 3 months and 2 weeks and then you lose all the five points), or they expire independiently because they are different infractions (past two weeks you lose the points for the character rule and past 3 months you lose the points for spamming)?

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
Users will see their own warnings if they have any at the moment. The infractions system will only be set into effect for users with warnings if they need to be infracted: If you have one warning on the old system and we need to infract you, you will receive an infraction representing your old warning and an infraction for the offence you've just committed. Your usernotes will also be removed if that's the case.

So until you do something wrong, you won't notice a thing.

In other words, my warning for flipping out at criticism from years ago and my more recent warning for flaming and flame-baiting are to be considered null and void? Or are they to be considered yellow cards?

Either way, I think the user notes should be either removed or replaced with yellow/red cards, so as to be consistent.

Anyways, I have a question.
Can you see warning cards on other member's posts?

Also, this question was missed.

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
Years
It all makes sense to me, and the system seems much better and organized than what we did before. This way, you don't get constant questions like: "Why did I get a warning?" from members.

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Jul 31, 2023
i have seen this on another pokemon fourm, i wondered why the PC did not have this until now

Rukario

Banned
Years
is there any way to argue the points and actually get them reversed?

you can dispute the infraction the same way you dispute current warnings.. PM, contact form, etc.

none of the other rules or processes have changed, we are basically just automating the warning system making it fairer, easier to manage, and easier to keep track of user's warnings and expirations.

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 18, 2009
Just to make things sure, if you get 2 points for Bypassing character limit, will it get reduced to 0 after 2 weeks?

If yes, then it's wonderful for rule breakers. xD

Years
Just to make things sure, if you get 2 points for Bypassing character limit, will it get reduced to 0 after 2 weeks?

If yes, then it's wonderful for rule breakers. xD
Yeah, after the points have expired, they won't count anymore.

I don't think the infraction system is complicated at all. It makes things more clear and fair IMO.

What I've been wondering about though is minimodding, isn't it against the rules aswell?
There seem to be no infraction points for it or would it be simply counted as spam?

Pokefan2008

Objection!
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2008
Wow,this is really a great new system,
I't's a lot more organizing this way.
I hope i don't get any anyway...
Rulebreakers better watch out...

:t383:Pokefan2008

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
Years
Ok so looking at this my offences would have been gone by now, seeing as they were from flaming + spamming in july and june. Do they count as expired, or are they still there?

Lash

Years
Wow, this new system seems really interesting, and much more effective than the original warning system. And it is totally understandable.

Back