• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why does Lyra call Dawn, Dane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masquerainisthajam

Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader
Years
You know, I was thinking the exact same thing. I know when they first met, Lyra was like, "So, are you ready, Dane?" then she winks. I wonder if Lyra just said that on purpose or she didn't hear her clearly, I'm just not sure why at this moment...

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I think she just likes to call her that rather than using "Dawn", probably because she originally misheard her name. Highly doubt it's any type of foreshadowing, more likely just an added sense of humor.

Kobold Asylum

It's Trolling Time
Years
Maybe Lyra has an accent? Or maybe it has something to do with Dawns clone. ( I saw a Screen shot with a Dawn look alike princess and Dawn.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
Years
I think the writers of Pokemon just gave Lyra a cheap gimmick. Other than that, no idea. In fact, I think it's border line stupid.

-Okami

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Im pretty sure it was somthing to be with her accsent or maybe she really just doesnt like dawn XD

Illustration

ああああああああ
Years
I believe Lyra called Dawn "Dane" for the same reason why Kotone called Hikari "Hikarin" in the Japanese version.

It's a nickname.

Celest8

Lance/Wataru's Stalker
Years
I believe it to be a nickname as well. I can't think of any other reason. It doesn't really make any sense, but oh well. I did hear that in the Japanese version, Kotone has a little line that she says, poking fun at her own name. "Koto ne?" Maybe that's her little gimmick in the English version. ^^

Aquerex

A New Beggining
Years
Maybe she just never got around to actually learning Dawn's name? Now that would be rude.

Or maybe it's just a nickname for her.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
Or a nickname remarking on her preppish, girlish nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back