• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't be so protective

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Does it get on your nerves when people are protective of you?
Are you protective of other people?

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
It depends on the person I guess, If it's my partner I can totally understand as she clearly cares for me, however if its just some random person acting protective just because I'm a 'small and skinny little girl' it kind of gets on my nerves. I've had people try to act protective/treat me like a child before just because i'm short, it's quite rude really even if theyre just doing it to be nice.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Yes and yes. I've always found it a bit demeaning when people are protective of me because it makes me seem like I can't experience things on my own, but then I turn right around and project that onto others because I'm convinced that it'd keep them safe. It's hypocritical, but I hope that nobody catches on to it.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Nobody's ever really tried to be protective of me... usually i'm the tough, slightly scary guy who never needs help or anything.
Unless you count parents, but they're just doing their job with that.

Ehhehheh uh... kinda?
Yeah. I admit it. I'm the kind of person who protects those close to me quite seriously.
Well, I mean, only to a point.
Insulted somebody close to me?
They just need to stop being a wuss!
Hurt them?
What would you like on your headstone?

Years
Not really protective of other people. They can take care of themselves, I figure. Some people don't want it anyway.

I kind of mind when people are protective of me. I appreciate that they care about me, but it makes me feel like they don't think I can take care of myself. :/ Thankfully it's really rare when people are like OMG SAM YOU CAN'T DO THIS BLAH BLAH. Mostly my boss claiming I'm on a 5 4 year plan before I can go dating people...

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
It don't bother me none at all.

images

Must... resist... Grammar Nazi powers....

I actually like when people are protective. I'm actually pretty tall and tough looking (which is good since I'm a complete wimp), so anyone protecting me knows me and is either a good friend or relative. :P

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
the only person I can stand being protective over me is my boyfriend/husband anyone else I will not have it. As for being protective over others it depends on how old they are over 18 sorry you can look after yourself.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I don't really have many protective instincts, so I'm not overly protective. I wish I were though, it seems much more gallant and noble.

I get a little annoyed when people are overbearingly protective of me (cough mother) but when people stand up for me in social settings that makes me feel good :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
It's usually fine, sometimes it's too much, like people that tell me they don't want me to use a step ladder to reach things all the time, it really is fine and I can use it easily, I like to be able to do things myself.

Back