• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PETA Strikes again...

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/1...s-for-releasing-two-versions-of-the-same-game

Yep PETA have yet again struck nintendo and pokemon but this time along with McDonalds. It is another Pokemon Parody and it is just as bad they think using violence will make people stop using violence against animals even though PETA kills animals and treats them unjustifiably.

Your thoughts also since I am biased on this situation please read the picture below I am just putting it there since it is the truth and goes against what they "stand" for even though its a woolen thread.

Spoiler:

Melody

Banned
Years
Everyone knows that PETA is a joke. They are an awareness group that's in it for the shock value and attention. Nothing they preach is practiced by their membership; and nothing they preach is really sensible anyways.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; don't feed the trolls. PETA is pretty much the real world equivalent of an online concern troll. Giving them attention only strengthens them, so the best course of action is to shun them and pretend they don't exist. Because they don't really exist. It's just a front for people to get away with heinous acts and atrocities for some contrived cause. And if we give them any of our attention, we reward these actions inappropriately. So don't. Kindly ignore this thread and kindly ignore PETA with all of your efforts.

PETA does not deserve to be discussed. Their behavior is reprehensible, and should only be ignored, shunned and punished.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
Years
PETA, the organization that kills thousands of pets only because they are loyal to other humans .... yeah, PETA is the most hypocritical joke of an organization ever. They don't care about animals, they only care about money and stirring up hatred. Anyone with half a brain knows they're all insane, even the supporters.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
PeTA, koff~

I hope that they're all violated with chainsaws. The amount of shear stupidity is so massive that it game my dog a minor aneurysm, and my potted plant a heart attack. For shame PeTA. You make me want to push legislation that enables me to buy licenses to shoot you down. Mario, Assassin's Creed, Pokemon, etc. Never saw them attack Red Dead Redemption, however. That game was a wave of red death for animals and people alike. If death had a face in video games, John Marston would be it, koff~

Lilikoi Juice

I'm on Youtube!
Years
Where is the parody game where PETA rescues animals, only to kill them later because they rescued too many animals and cannot house them in proper shelter? I used to believe in PETA when I was younger, but now I just see them as a joke.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
PETA = A failed joke

These guys don't practice what they preach, & thus have no right to make such complaints to anyone.

Makes me wonder why they haven't fallen apart yet...

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I almost used to like PETA because I used to think that they were good people who wanted to stop animal abuse and hunting. Now I realize that they're all MORONS. It's been my lifelong dream to train orcas at SeaWorld, and I'm practically an orca expert as I've been studying them since I was six yeas old. They're arguments against SeaWorld and eating animals are rediculous. They're all just....stupid.

Years
I'm not in favor of killing animals so the accusation that PETA just kills a lot of animals for... money, or whatever, I don't know, bothers me. But so does the talk like all of PETA is of one mind. Lots of people in PETA probably don't believe the bad things about PETA and genuinely want to help animals and themselves don't do anything to harm animals. Maybe their idea of help isn't the same as ours, but I'm sure plenty of PETA supporters are 100% against killing animals.

Not trying to defend any bad things PETA has done, but I don't want to see someone who is sympathetic to PETA bashed unfairly. I do see sometimes PETA discussions include attacks on people who are just concerned for animals, vegetarians, and the like.

Years
I'm not in favor of killing animals so the accusation that PETA just kills a lot of animals for... money, or whatever, I don't know, bothers me. But so does the talk like all of PETA is of one mind. Lots of people in PETA probably don't believe the bad things about PETA and genuinely want to help animals and themselves don't do anything to harm animals. Maybe their idea of help isn't the same as ours, but I'm sure plenty of PETA supporters are 100% against killing animals.

Not trying to defend any bad things PETA has done, but I don't want to see someone who is sympathetic to PETA bashed unfairly. I do see sometimes PETA discussions include attacks on people who are just concerned for animals, vegetarians, and the like.

For an organization that is relatively "out there" in terms of the public discourse, its supporters should know better of their policies and their actions. The fact that so many people remain unaware should pay testament to general superficiality of "building awareness" and the mass viral techniques they use. They should all be condemned for being part of the show. One could say they didn't know better, but that's the very problem at heart. It's easy to put on a sticker or a badge or say a catchy slogan or appeal to emotion impulses without reason or slap a pair of tits across the face of animal welfare and ethics. It's easy to feel like being a part of a group that yells loudly for what seems to be a good cause, to be part of the show. Their methods do not inspire further thinking as anything involving ethics should. It's advertising, not activism. It's cheap.

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Let's be perfectly clear: Peta is NOT an awareness group. It is just as radical as the Westboro Baptist Church; instead of portraying a logical and reasonable message, they attack everything and everyone with the six-year-old minset of "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, I'M IN THE NEWS AGAIN! EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION TO ME!".

Anyone who has ever played a Pokemon game knows that the messages these games sends to its players is not one of abuse and control but friendship and cooperation. To say that books, movies and video games should be protested against because they MIGHT portray some time of animal cruelty is ridiculous and idiotic.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Why hasn't Nintendo and GF sued them yet after making another Pokémon flash game? I just want to see PETA at least be punished for their behavior/misdeed.

I have a feeling that those who do believe in PETA's ideals, both its members and its supporters, may be unaware of the organization's true ambitions, kind of like how Ghetsis manipulated N for his own dirty deeds.

Years
I have a feeling that those who do believe in PETA's ideals, both its members and its supporters, may be unaware of the organization's true ambitions, kind of like how Ghetsis manipulated N for his own dirty deeds.

Very good way of putting it :D Although things like freedom of speech get in the way and all... also I don't think many of the supporters really care, frankly.

Years
Why hasn't Nintendo and GF sued them yet after making another Pokémon flash game? I just want to see PETA at least be punished for their behavior/misdeed.

It's some sort of loophole they're exploiting, I think someone pointed it out when this "Black and blue" game came along but I don't really remember.

But either way I think it's a huge waste of programming talent to make these games for this garbage of an organization (borderline cult, actually), because aside from their inane agenda, they are actually good, maybe even fun games to play. Such a shame.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
Years

That is actually called a scam, what you described here. That doesn't make it any better, nor does it place those misguided people who don't know of PETA's extremely unethical behavior in a better light. At best they are naive and only enforce the stereotype that consumers and supporters are generally idiots.

This is why stupid interest groups always have the power to enact laws that damage everything more than help, because people generally give their money to something that "sounds good" to them without ever actually considering where it goes, what that group does, and who is running it, much less what the group wants to do. Yes, bashing those who are stupid enough to side with known terrorists just because they're too stupid to learn a thing or two should be encouraged.

How have they not been labeled as a criminal organization yet?

Actually, they have, they just avoid breaking any laws directly. The US government law enforcement agencies do discourage people from giving PETA money, but you know conspiracy nuts, they're .... well ... nuts.

Last edited:
Back