• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen That's a lot of spots!

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Something I found very interesting in Pokemon Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald was Spinda. (Not sure if it's the same in FR/LG) A Pokemon that had spots in different places every time you saw one. There is an extremely low chance to see one exactly the same twice. What I want to know is, did you ever see the same one twice? Do you really think this adds anything to the games at all?

(I for one, don't <_<)

12875664.png

Bet you never saw this exact one, huh?

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Something I found very interesting in Pokemon Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald was Spinda. (Not sure if it's the same in FR/LG) A Pokemon that had spots in different places every time you saw one. There is an extremely low chance to see one exactly the same twice. What I want to know is, did you ever see the same one twice? Do you really think this adds anything to the games at all?

(I for one, don't <_<)

12875664.png

Bet you never saw this exact one, huh?

I actually have lol!:D
I remember catching around 5 in order to examine their spots.
But i cant say for sure that i saw the same one twice.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

what to think about?........
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 5, 2014
According to bulbapedia a Spinda has about 4,294,967,295 different spot combinations.

I doubt anyone has seen the same one twice!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I tend to catch the ones that are really weird, like with spots directly in the center of their face haha. I did try to catch a bunch back when I was younger though, to examine them like JayTheKing did.

Years
I liked this concept with Spinda, I ended up catching loads of them when I played Ruby so I could see all the different spot patterns. Some of them made me laugh a lot, but having over 4 billion possible combinations shows that no two Spinda are the same.

Years
I can say that I've seen similar looking Spinda, but never any two that looked the exact same (I'm more likely to find half a million shiny Pokemon before finding 2 identical Spinda).

And I never caught a bunch of Spinda to examine their spots, but I remember spending a good chunk of time looking at all the different combinations when I first got the game, as I was collecting ashes of course.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I don't know. Haven't really payed attention to every single spinda I found. Some of them look really cool, but I can't seem to remember any of them with patches on the same spot.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I remember when I was little and I spent so much time trying to find one with no spots, or one with the spots in the best places. Unfortunately, with there being more than 1/4000000000 chance of finding a exact one, it wasn't going to happen. I don't think it really does anything to the game, it is just interesting.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Relevent. Also, I never understood why Spinda wasn't a psychic type. I mean, it just seemed to eminate the idea of a psychic type. In general though, I don't like it. It just seems... pointless. Why limit ONE pokemon to this unique thingy instead of a bunch more?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
When I was little I would try to catch Spinda that look like Pikachu, with two spots on their cheeks lol. Now I just do what Sydian does and go for the odd ones :p

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I didn't notice for the longest time that each had different spots. I am not sure when I finally realized it, but I facepalmed myself when I did.

Even though I notice it now, I normally just catch whichever one I come across first. I think that strangest one I have ever caught had no spots O_o

But I am not sure if I have seen the same one twice because for the longest time I thought they were all the same.

Emfg

Ohlong
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 8, 2023
Never seen the same one twice. I was farming spinda to look for special spots and I managed to find a Spinda with a heart pattern. Unfortunately when I transferred it over to pkmn Diamond, because of the different sprite, the heart was... well.. not a heart anymore. :S

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
I never payed attention to the spots of Spinda, so I may have already found some that shared the same spots and I didn't know that.

Back