• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Open Soruce VB Pokemon Game

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Why do you keep creating stuff like this? Its nicely coded by the way.

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
im a 16 year old programer with nothing to do so ive got a lot of time so i program games arnt the only thing i program lol its just one of my strong points in programming

(thankyou on the nicly coded comment to i try to take a bit of time to make sure i follow the codeing standards)

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2005
Nice work, do you plan to code a battle system and possibly a map editor in the near future?

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
No, thats why its open soruce its a basis for you to start a project off it comes with the Map Format and the Open Map function hence a good programer worthy of using this engine should be able to use the map format and open map functions and reverse them to make a map editor (kind of like a pizzle)

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2005
Oh, i see.. Well i compiled the program and it run's really slow and hog's my cpu... I'm running a p4 2.8 ghz with ht so this game shouldnt be a problem. The game run's fine when running it in the vb program itself though. I have no idea how to fix this...

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Hrmm quite odd it works pretty much fine on most of the people whove used it
i would try checking to see how your compileing it
Pcode or Native (it should be set to Native)

Back