• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Newbie here.

Quilly

Thespian Punk
Years
Hey guys, I'm Quilly, though I go by Aquil, Sirknight, and Fluttershy on other websites. I joined here on a recommendation from my friend Shhmew (who also joined not too long ago.) I may be new to this forum, but I've been on another Pokémon forum for upwards of six years, so I do have a lot of experience with forum boards. So far, this place looks like it totally trumps the other board I visit, so I'll probably stick around for a bit.

I'm more of a casual Pokémon player than anything, though I've been playing for over 10 years so I do know a lot about the series itself, as well as lots of random tidbits from spending hours reading Pokémon trivia when I was younger.

Other than Pokémon, I don't really do much. My other favorite series is Sonic the Hedgehog, but the last one I played through was Sonic Heroes, so I'm obviously disconnected from the newer titles of that franchise. I do play the drums, but I don't have my own kit so my skills are a bit shaky from a lack of practice. I'm also learning guitar, but that's slow moving as well. I also love Guitar Hero, and it's really the only thing I play competitively. Really, I guess you could say music is life, other than work and Pokémon.

As I've hinted, I do work, a lot, so I can't promise a lot of activity or active participation in forum events, but I'm still excited to see what this forum has to offer.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Aquil, huh? Hm, random question, but, do you go on the Marriland forums? Because I remember that username once upon a time from that forum, hehe. Anywhooo. Nice to formally meet you Quilly, and biiig welcome to PC for you, pal. :3 And yup, this forum is definitely amazing! Been here for about 3 years myself!

Yaaay fellow Sonic fans! *Hi-fives!* I really love Sonic the Hedgehog - have you heard about Sonic Boom? It's an interesting take on the Sonic series, and the artwork reminds me of Rachet and Clank! But still, I'd always love the old Sonic the Hedgehog games, like Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for Gamecube is my absolute favourite, and Sonic Heroes wasn't too bad either! I've been around the Pokemon business for 16 years myself! Ever since playing R/B/Y; weren't those really amazing times? I also used to love collecting the merchandise; ahhh plushies. <3

Hey, well, I really do hope that you'll be active with us! We are always glad to meet new people, and we would definitely treat everyone, especially new members as part of the big PC family. You seem like a really cool and great guy to hang out with, so, I hope that I can meet you again sometime, and we can chat and be pals! If you have any questions about PC though, you're still more than welcome to ask!

See you, and Cheers! Have a good evening. <33

Last edited:

Quilly

Thespian Punk
Years
Okay I thought your profile seemed familiar. Yeah, I'm Aquil from Marriland, and really I've been there longer than I care to remember. I hate to say it, but the place has really gone downhill in the last year. Anyways, I won't muck up the conversation with discussion of those forums.

Coincidentally, I was literally just watched the preview for Sonic Boom. Everybody is up in arms about it, so I figured I'd check it out, and honestly, I think it looks great. They're definitely taking the series in a new direction, and (other than Knuckles' new design) it looks pretty cool. It does remind me a lot of Ratchet and Clank, which is also great, so I've got high expectations for this reboot of sorts.

Anyways, so far the forum seems great, so I'm sure I'll be here for quite awhile. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Years
Hi Quilly, nice to see you here! And wow another person who Shhmew showed around? I know she also showed one other person the forum and I welcomed those two already so I figured I'd do the same for you.

Nice to hear you've had forum experience before, that means you'll probably get used to everything fast. The staff here are very helpful and friendly so they'll be sure to assist you with any help you need, like Aura over there. However, we even have some helping hands outside of the staff team as well so that's a sign how friendly we are as a community. And yeah I've definitely heard of Marriland, I watch his videos on YouTube regularly and they helped me with my Pokemon gaming a lot.

And I do love your Fluttershy forumset as well, I take it you're a My Little Pony fan as well? But anyways, I'll leave you to explore the community and if you ever need a chat I'm always open for a visitor message anytime. Have fun and I'll see ya around!

- Hikari

Shhmew

Years
Glad to see you here Quilly <3 Maybe we can make a new life here. Away from the glitches and heartache.

Lol, welcome though :D I've been exploring for a day now and I absolutely love it here ;-;

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
Quilly! I heard you came running, just like I did. xD

Welcome, even though I'm still super new.

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
Years
hey there, welcome to the forum Quilly!

love your Fluttershy sig and avi :D

Sonic Heroes, that brings back memories haha, I loved that game! Sonic Heroes/Sonic Adventure 2 Battle were the last Sonic games I ever played. (did you play SA2B?)

oh gosh, now i've got the Sonic Heroes theme song in my head...!! lol

anyways, enjoy your time here, I hope you make lots of friends \o/ I'd love to be your friend too~!

Back