• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey Episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

odyssey.png

Pokémon Odyssey Episodes

Well, it's back. A good thing to some, a bad thing to others. But nevertheless, I said I wouldn't give up and I haven't.

I wont digress into what happened, however, the problems that have happened before have now been put behind the game, and there are now no problems.

Anyways, onto the game.

What's the "Episodes" part for?

For those of you that haven't heard my new idea thrown around a little bit let me explain.
The game will not focus just on one long ongoing storyline. It will feature smaller more detailed stories. This allows me to build up better character profiles of the people of the Everglade Region.

Each episode will hopefully last around 30 minutes. They will range from a different amount of things - think of this as an interactive anime game.

Choices you make throughout each episode will effect the outcome. Choose to help out a bit more, you could gain yourself a good reward.

So is there a main story?

Yes, there is a main story. But it's not some epic adventure to distant lands to stop an evil organisation single handedly.

There will be an evil organisation, but they will be smarter than previous games, so no teenage kid will stop them.

The main story is about how you end up involved. You don't end up leading an all out assault on the evil organisation yourself, but you are recruited by a team of trainers to help stop them.

Who the evil organisation is, is still a secret :P

Features:

Okay the game boasts many features that are new for a Pokémon fan game. On the top of the list is the Networked Play.

Players can connect with 10-20 friends at one time. Players will be able to trade, battle and interact with their friends, as well as NPC's in the online, PokéWorld.

What's PokéWorld? It's a man made creation, a virtual world. The company behind it is called, The Silos Company. The way it works is that it transports the Player into a entirely virtual region called, Hyrou. Yes this increases the number of regions to 3 now.

This may sound like a lot of work, however each day that goes by I hope to have a map done.

The next big thing about the game is that the Player chooses the appearance of their in game counterpart. With the choice of 4 different styles and 6 different hair colours as well as 8 different types of clothing for each gender, this gives around 128 different variations that are possible, so it will make each game slightly more you unique.

You will be able to change clothes during the game and at some points you will need certain clothings styles, for instance winter clothes for cold places etc.

The game features most of the standard features most fan games have as well.

Screen Shots:

screenshot%202009.02.04%2016.02.19.0168.png
screenshot%202009.02.04%2016.02.38.0785.png
screenshot%202009.02.04%2016.05.26.0163.png
screenshot%202009.02.04%2016.02.10.0725.png

Credits:

~Kyledove - for the Sinnoh Tiles Project.
~Vampire://Krimm - for the Banners and User bar.
~Rhuan - for a lot of scripting help in the earlier stages of the game's life.
~Radnen - for helping with the network system and some graphics too.
~Riceeman and Rhevarhe_duh - for help with the custom spritesets.

I'd be grateful if people could put behind them what happened in the past and continue supporting the game again, any stolen graphics that were in the Odyssey Project before have now been removed - there are no stolen tiles, similar palettes have been used to keep the look consistant.

Continue to watch the thread to find out more.
Until next time :D
~Waudby

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I think you should add in a "Credit" section- and list the creators of any the tiles used in the game to keep things clear.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
I think it's still a little soon for this to be coming back (under a new name).
Additionally, EJames is probably right that a half an hour will be too short. I could hardly tell the story of Amaretto (which is done in a very similar style) in two hours...
Other than that, there's not much else that's new/commendable.

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
I really don't see a point in 'episodes' it just fills my computer and, how will the saves be transfered. it all seems like too muck work to me...
I think Waudby means it will all be in one game, just you play little episodes within the game.

I think it looks great Waudby.

Waudby

Thanks alot for the comments, in essence, the game is still the same as the old Odyssey, except for the new take on storylines, that is what sparked the reworked name, if I had tried to rebrand it, I would've picked a completely different name.

I think it's time people got over what happened over a week ago and move onto being a more friendly community again, giving constructive critism where necessary.

And hey, if anyone thinks they could make a better game, go ahead, I await the thread's opening day.
Anyway back on topic...

The episodes, will be released in either one big part or in standalone parts, there would be no trouble with save files as the save system would be the same, if you completed one episode and decided you wanted to download the next one, you could simply add those new files to the existing ones and load your save file up and the new episode would be accessable.

This will cut overall development time down a lot. And well hopefully make people enjoy the game and look forward to new episodes.

The game will also come with the networked side of things, which will always be accessible in either the full game pack or the single episodes.

I hope that people see this as a new take on storyline and will look forward to more updates.

As it stands, I have delayed the latest update for several reasons, I turned 18 yesterday and so I have family visiting and work time is limited, I have also lost a family member and so i've had to help things for the funeral etc. It's a sad time mixed with my celebration...

Hopefully, I can update within the next week with details of the first episode.

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Hey Waudby you can now buy cigarettes! Congrats!
I really look forward to play this game.

Whats the point of Cigeretes?
All they do is kill you.

Anyway reading that was great.It was really entertaing
This might be the first game I play

Waudby

Hey Waudby you can now buy cigarettes! Congrats!
I really look forward to play this game.

Haha, well I brought my first legal alcoholic drink last night, wasn't anything special lol.

And I'm not into smoking lol.

Whats the point of Cigeretes?
All they do is kill you.

Anyway reading that was great.It was really entertaing
This might be the first game I play

I agree about the cigarettes.

Thanks for the comments, hopefully full work can begin on the game again soon, and then the battle system will be in a slightly more finished state, and a beta of the first episode could be thought about lol.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
It's nice to see Odyssey is back Waudby, and I hope that there won't be any unpleasantness this time around.

Atomic Reactor

Hmm, seems like a sweet idea. So in later episodes, will you be able to travel back to towns from earlier ones and such?

Ash987

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Good to see this game coming back.
Will you relase the episodes as you make them, or one final release at the end?

Waudby

Will you relase the episodes as you make them, or one final release at the end?

I am unsure of how these episodes will be released at this time. However, I am thinking about releasing them in sets of two, double bills if you would :p

Hmm, seems like a sweet idea. So in later episodes, will you be able to travel back to towns from earlier ones and such?

Yeah you will still be able to travel around the world, if you have the complete package, however you can always travel back to where you've been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back