• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone know about installing Ubuntu on Windows 8?

Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Ok, so I was wondering if anyone knows how to install Ubuntu whilst keeping my current OS of Windows 8?
I think I can use Wubi, but I'm not sure. If anyone knows then please let me know :)

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I feel that the easiest way to do so is by burning it onto a CD (make sure it's bootable though), restart your computer, and undergo the install process. You'll be given the option to install Ubuntu alongside Windows and will get to choose how much space Ubuntu gets.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Just burn the install to a CD, restart, and press enter/click next a bunch of times. The default setup is to install it side-by-side with Windows, meaning you can boot into it at startup.

Wubi lets you boot into it from within Windows if you prefer that instead.

Back