• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
Pokemon : The Online Adventures

Made with the help of Link Active gaming
Made in C++ (was VB6).

Updates
Item system fixed
Bag system working

Introduction;
Pokemon The Online Adventures brings a whole new kind of Pokemon game. where you can walk and talk to other players instantly from around he world. battle friends in different arenas from the hectic mazed of viridian forest to your private boat sailing the harbor.
and its 100% free*

*this excludes in game money but instead refers to real money*

Story
Set a few years after ash's success, now the whole world wants a piece of the action and the place to be is..
Pallet town is now the place for all young trainers to begin their Pokemon journey with professor oak and his aides leading your way with 28+ different Pokemon starters and 151 Pokemon to catch, train, breed, farm and travel with you from the peak of mount moon's retreat to your own private boat at sea level.

Features
Aprox. 421 Different Character Sprites
151 of the original Pokemon from Red,Blue,Yellow versions
Do what ever you want, from running a warehouse to owning your own stall
egg moves, EV's and IV's
New towns never before seen in the original Pokemon game.
Chat system and Buddy list. also private messaging
Own your own boat to sail the seven seas or throw a part in viridian's docks
the all new ability to play as not only a trainer but a bug catcher, fisherman, farmer or even a breeder plus more Without restricting what you can do
the unique Player housing system lets players own apartments lofts shops and warehouses and more
Team rocket still wreaking havoc

And all of the usual Pokemon things

If your interested in joining our team or just helping out please contact me in the usual way (PM)
With what you can do and How much you're prepared to do
Please leave out Mapping and or moderating requests

Current team

Blacksprite ; (me) Lead programmer
Geo logic ; core client server architecture
Whitesprite ; Graphics coordinator
Statnio ; key concept design, head moderator (police) and alpha tester
Xbull3t
Samson
Voodoo

Screening's
Warning theses screens are considerably out of date

Random screens (Sorted by Newest)

-- Maps once again had to go ---
scrennie.png

-- anything below here -- was delete when we updated map saving and loading so the old maps had to go
screenshot0.png

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

--These are from the first version that we updated got rid of and generally threw out the window--
Pokemon center
Screenshot4.PNG

updated Gui and a main menu Gui
screenshot3.PNG

and the newest one
screenshot6.PNG

mmo
Screenshot5.PNG

these are some i took randomly in game
if you want a specific screen let me no but I'm not going to screen shot the entire thing and spoil the game for everyone because we have some neat surprises in there

Last edited:
Years
I am going to give you a day or two to reach the 15 posts, so that you can post the screenshots.
When these have expired, however, I will close the thread.

Gigerm

I GOT THE SPIRITOMB IN ME!
Years
i will be willing to be a alpha tester for you or beta tester or gamma tester lol anyway pm me if i can.

Yumago

Santa Claws
Years
Just give us edited links so that the board doesn't see them as URL's. If this is real, almost done and good, you'll get a load of players.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Originally Posted by Yumago
Just give us edited links so that the board doesn't see them as URL's. If this is real, almost done and good, you'll get a load of players.

This is very true. There are plenty of pokemon fans out there that are gonna love this game IF it ever is truly released.

Last edited:
Years
Gigerm said:
i will be willing to be a alpha tester for you or beta tester or gamma tester lol anyway pm me if i can.
You will stop asking abut beta testing, and actually read the important threads. Namely, [URL-inline="showthread.php?t=65055"][MUST READ] An important notice[/URL-inline].

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
we'll probably need testers later on in the game well shortly so we can test server response times, spelling, grammar, make sure all the pictures are blitting right, make sure you cant walk through stuff make sure all buildings doors go to the right place

Oh and theis is not made in game maker, rm2k/3(xp) or anyothers that i think of thesse editors are great (got me into game making) but are really too limited for mmorpgs

so this has been made from scratch useing, vb.net , c++ and a little of c# for the items and stuff. majority is done in c++ which calls on the others

oh and this is a 2dmmorpg there just better none of this high res stuff games are better low res and good for all computers

Can't wait to see these should be great.

well i dont want to get your hopes up its not that great thesse maps will undoubtly be changed if there too big or too much loading lagging etc
also they may all be erased as we might be making the map file 8x smaller to increase preformance and save on ram

Last edited:

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
Years
ok you guys reply fast

ok first there is npc's and you can have player to player battles and soon 2 on 2 battles
sorry dont no pokemon creator
ok mmo's useally dont get released untill its basically finished
but private alpha testing will begin shortly
public beta testing will begin prior to full realease no idea when yet a while though (good things take time)

and no Dashiel i haven't forgotten your post

we do have player interaction but at the time when i took screens i had just fired up the server for the sole purpose of getting screens but tonite i'll call up some freinds who have a not too older version of the client and get them to come online
the problem is though the need to get a static ip for the server but it still goes the only thing is you have to call me before you go online to get my ip lol
static ip soon rather slow inernet provider

zidanes

Greatest Of All Time
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2007
Your idea of a pokemon online game sounds pretty good. I just wonder how you are going to do this. Anyway, what system are you using to make this? (RM2K3, Sphere, etc.)

Years
Please edit your posts instead of double postin. Anyway, this looks good so far! I hope you continue it.

That huge building in Pallette Town is an apartment complex, no? Also, I like the custom house you did in screenshot 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back