• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weather on any time

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
As you know, the basic weather of pokemon includes Rain, Sun, Hail, and Sandstorm. There's more, but these are the four that this thread will focus on. So, here's a basic question - do you like to take advantage of the weather when battling? What sorts of weather do you like to take advantage of? Are there pokemon that you use for each respective weather condition? Any other thoughts about the weather?

*Shiny*Monster0198

~ Just chillin'
Years
I find hail and sandstorm pretty useful. Both can be used for abilities and deal residual damage.

With sandstorm, Pokemon with the Sand Rush ability can be effective revenge killers while sometimes Sand Veil can piss people off pretty bad.

But hail is probably the weather I use the most cause there are plenty of Pokes that can stall with Subs and Toxic plus hail damage and get 100% accuracy with Blizzard.

Years
I do often take advantage of the weather a lot, particularly sun if I'm using Fire-types or rain if I'm using Water-types. Also, I like to use the weather to abuse certain abilities that are triggered by weather conditions like Swift Swim/Chlorophyll/Sand Rush which can help me revenge kill the foe.

Hail-based teams also enjoy the neat 100% accurate Blizzard, and since Ice is a key offensive type, and having an Abomasnow to set up permanent hail can make these teams deadly. I have to say weather-based teams put some neat strategy into the battle.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I've never cared about the weather. Lately I've taken some interest in sunlight and what it bestows upon Grass-types, but that's all. I have a Leafeon set up to take advantage of its hidden ability, but unless I make an entire team based around a weather condition, it's rather pointless.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
People who think that weather conditions don't matter have clearly never seen a Politoad lead raindance team. It's amazing what you can do with the power of a little rain. In the games I even change the pokemon that I take out with me based of weather conditions, especially sandstorms

j_Woo

Patnogonian
Years
The weather I used mostly depends on the tier I'm in. In Ubers, I typically stay away from it, but lean towards rain since it gets rid of resistances for the legendary dragons that rule the metagame. OU I also prefer rain, but sun is also usable. I don't really use weather as much in UU, though I should since hazards and such can be screwed up by espeon and xatu. The only lower tier where I use weather is NU, because Choice Specs, Solar Power Charizard is an absolute monster

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
If I'm using weather, I'll definitely pick and choose my team accordingly in order to take as full an advantage of it as possible, whether it be Sand Rush Excadrill in sand in Ubers or Keldeo in rain in OverUsed.

Generally, I don't enjoy using weather, as it's so common, but whenever I do, I take the easy way out and use rain. Specfically rain offence, which I find to be quite potent with all the rain-boosted Water-type attacks sailing around.

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
Well, in the NU tier, yes I do like to take advantage of the weather.
So depending on the situation, I may take advantage of their sun and or their rain, depending on the pokemon I am using.

Back