• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hydroxylapatite Version (OOC/SU)

What should be Kiyoshi's character's starter?

• Total voters

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Hydroxylapatite Version (OOC/SU)

Character Records

Amanda Bel
played by Miss Doronjo

Details
Spoiler:

Witthoefft Evans
played by Kiyoshi the Polar Bear

Details
Spoiler:

Tyler Morgan
played by Nideous

Details
Spoiler:

Ivan Tzere
played by Name7aken

Details
Spoiler:

Adelaide "Adelle" Thomas
played by Skymin

Details
Spoiler:

Christopher "Chris" Blake
played by Roserade

Details
Spoiler:

Cy Celibrium
played by CyBeastSaber

Details
Spoiler:

Riley "Rile" Shorebird
played by Neiko Star

Details
Spoiler:

Rival NPCs
[Under Construction]

Danielle King
previously played by King!

Details As Of Last Appearance
Spoiler:

----

Discovered Locations

Routes

Towns/Cities

----

And also, this thread is where you place your SUs. I look forward to seeing your entries!

We'll get started once all the starters are snatched up. If you're interested in joining us even after our group is filled up, please VM me and we can possibly arrange something.

If you're wondering, my character will have something different then the starters.

In fact, I'm going to let you guys choose what should be my character's starter from the poll in this thread! Whatever is highest by the time we're ready to start, that's the one I'll get.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I've been dying for a johto journey RP. ^___^

Name: Amanda Bel

Appearance: Amanda is about 5'4; a relatively not too tall, not too short person. She is characterized by having light blue eyes, along with her skin color being a white / beige tone. She often has pink, long hair, but sometimes, she would usually put it on a pony tail, or sometimes dye it black. She doesn't wear much lipstick; in fact, she hates putting on lipstick; or even powder her face. She does, however, wash her face often, to make sure that she doesn't have any blemishes on her face. Sometimes, she wears fake black eyelashes, to make her blue eyes stand out more from her appeal. On this pokemon adventure, she would wear a black and white baseball-like cap on her head on a forwards style, along with a light blue dress shirt, that's over neath a yellow small t-shirt, which is over neath a black dress shirt that she usually leaves it un-buttoned. She also wears light pink jean shorts, that are below her knees. She also wears black shoes with a white pad on the bottom. She would also wear a red good luck charm, that she inherited from her late mother.

Her overall appearance in a picture:

Spoiler:

History: Amanda was brought up into a wealthy and kind family that lived in the small, peaceful town of Olivine. Her house was stationed right on the coast, risen up from the sandy beach by a large deck. Her house was literally, right on the shore of Olivine, only a few meters from the Olivine Lighthouse. As a young girl, Amanda would play on the beach with her family, as they were very tight knit and friendly towards each other. Her father was the captain of a famous ship known as the S.S. Anne. The ship had sailed back and forth between Olivine and Vermillion, carrying hundreds of trainers and tourists to their requested destinations. Her mother was a stay-at-home mom that cared about her children deeply. Not only did Amanda have caring and successful parents, she also had four caring and kind younger siblings, two sisters and two brothers, at the age of 11, 8, and two 6 year old twins. The two females were the older ones, and the boys were the younger twins. This healthy relationship only helped Amanda live as she wanted. Her family pampered her with whatever she wanted, yet she would never let this advantage get to her head. Her parents had praised her for keeping her integrity towards what she received.

However, one day, Amanda's father had left on a cruise to Vermillion, scheduled to return in sixteen days. Unexpectedly, fourteen days later, Amanda's mother received a call from her father. He had stated that he needed to take his ship over to Slateport City in Hoenn, he was now supposed to return to Olivine within a span of thirty-two months. At this time, Amanda was 11 years old, too young to see her father leave for such a long span of time. She had bawled and cried for hours, for shortly after the phone call her mother had with her father, her family as a whole completely lost all connection with Mr. Bel, unable to contact him whatsoever.

On Amanda's fifteenth birthday, her mother grew ill. She had a life-threatening sickness that eventually led to her demise. All of a blink of an eye, Amanda's parents...were gone. This made Amanda felt like her own child, and teenage hood was destroyed. So, from that point on, she developed a pessimistic attitude towards her own brother's and sisters. They all moved to New Bark Town, where her grandfather lived, which was where Amanda finished high school.

Personality: Despite becoming an upcoming pokemon trainer, Amanda is not what you would call a "cheerful person". She's impatient, in-cooperative, usually unmotivated, and, basically, as someone would say, just an all round douche. The main thing you should know about her personality, is that she is a very big pessimist, and an all around negative, dark personality-based person. However, despite her pessimism, she is very much a go with the flow type of person, not one to stick to plans or rules. She prefers to just let the earth tell her where she needs to go, and once something happens, she accepts it. Not one to get all worked up because something bad happened, she has learned to just let things take their toll. When conversing with someone else, she's not as nice as the normal cheery, energetic trainers. In fact; she's a person that does not go well with any body.

When it comes to terms of pokemon, she is actually quite close to her pokemon. In fact, her pokemon are the only ones that will truley let her show off her "soft side", as she would call it. She is also pretty much a ditz when it comes to pokemon battling; never remembering what moves they learn, not remembering how to ~actually~ battle, and so on. The weird and kooky thing about her, is that she's grown to be quite attached to pink-bodied pokemon. Not necessarily those that are strong or weak, in fact; she loves all pokemon. She just has a fondness of pink pokemon.

Choice: Smoochum [Snow / Light]

Password: Glasses

RP Sample:
Spoiler:

This one I did at my own RP. Hope its okay. :B

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
@Miss Doronjo - Yay for misanthropes! Accepted, and now Smoochum is taken.

:3

By the way, I forgot to add this onto the sheet - What is your character's aspiration, if they have one?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I love misanthropes and tsundre people; they're interesting. :3

My character's aspiration?

Well, first, its her attitude; she's really one that's impatient, so she likes to just keep things going, and go with the flow.

Also, When her mother died, she passed on a family charm onto her. Its supposed to resemble good values like "hard work pays off" and "may good fortunes come on to you" my character really looked up to her mother, so, I guess you can say her mother is what drives her, despite her pessimism. :3

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Here's the character I will be playing!

Name: Witthoefft Evans

Appearance: He is of Asian ethnicity, and is fairly light in skin tone. Looking to his face, he has big, emerald eyes that give out vibes of innocence and almost nauseating cuteness. His nose is slightly bigger than average, and is sharp and pointy (although not curvy, it's a straight line slope); some joke about how they can pop a balloon on his face. His mouth is somewhat smaller than average, and with Witthoefft always seeming to be in a happy disposition, he always seems to be happily smiling. He seems to have a natural line of blush going along his face like this: Click Here. He wears thick-rimmed black bottomless glasses for long distance vision problems. Moving on, he stands at 6"4 feet tall and doesn't look like a body-builder, appears to be very athletic with excellently toned muscles. He has black hair, and a lot of hair at that. This is one fuzzy dude. The hair on top of his head his not long but plentiful, and has a disheveled appearance. He has well-groomed beard on his face. In contrast, his copious body hair is unattended and has that "O'Natural" look about it.

In the clothing department (finally), Witthoefft wears a white-zippered reddish orange-and-black tiger striped hooded sweatshirt with a long sleeved white shirt underneath. He leaves the sweatshirt slightly open in a V-Neck fashion when he's not wearing the hood, but by instinct zips the sweatshirt all the way when he does. By the way, the hood on the sweatshirt is like one on a parka, having snow white – fake – fur. The cuffs of his sweatshirt also have this white fur on them for good measure. For pants, he wears pre-ripped light black denim shorts that reach down to three inches below his knees. For shoes, he wears slightly dirty white running shoes.

In the "accessory" department, he wears several cheap string and bead bracelets on his wrists that are usually hidden from view. Not to say he totally isn't up for pulling down his sleeves and telling you about each freaking one individually.

History: Witthoefft was always one to stick out in a crowd, whether it be from his appearance or his loudness. He was basically in almost every club in school, being very popular and famous. In fact, he was student body president from his grade every year in High School. Due to his niceness and just general "feel-good" vibe, he and was very easy to befriend and had many friends and acquaintances as a result. He was generally known for his ability to express himself and unleash his creativity at every outlet, and also that he was the one always up to stopping a "bad" cause and expressing his ideals.

His family life wasn't as superb as his social life, however. The youngest of five children, Witthoefft was caught in the middle of his parent's anger-fueled and nasty divorce at the age of ten. His mother got custody of him and was left alone with her on account that at the time his oldest brothers Cal and Rodolfo were twenty-four and twenty-two respectively and already out on their own, his eighteen-year-old older brother Octavius declared himself as an independent from his parents during the divorce and got an apartment, and that his seventeen-year-old sister "Cosmo" was put under the custody of their father.

After the divorce his mother became an alcoholic, and physically abused Witthoefft in her drunkenness whenever she got mad at him. His only escape was with Pokemon that lived near his house and city. He made a vow never to hurt Pokemon like his mother did, and always treat them with respect and give them freedom. Pokemon can do no wrong in his eyes. Right when he was old enough, he got a job to make money for school trips, clothes, and activities with friends, but also so he didn't have to be at home.

Now that he's finished school, he immediately took the choice to leave home to start a journey with his own Pokemon and leave that monster of a mother behind.

Personality: Witthoefft is usually kind and easygoing, but has a high capacity for anger and rage. At first glance, Witthoefft is a highly sociable and almost too kind of person. He always flatters and complements others, wants to make them feel comfortable, and is always considerate. Charming is an understatement. His mannerisms are "cute", and he displays all kinds of quirky behaviors that anyone could find adorable. He is also highly creative in every sense of the word (constantly using it in his everyday life for just about everything) and quite outspoken with his ideas, ideals, and opinions. He takes care of his outside appearance too, making sure he likes what he's wearing, it looks good, and it says something about himself.

However, there is a darker side of the coin. When he is pushed over the edge (which is fairly easy to do, in some respect), he has fits of blind anger where he is defensive, belligerent, and adamant about whatever he's arguing about. He will yell and not care who hears, and verbally assault others until they submit. To calm himself, he will have to channel all of his frustration physically, because verbal thrashing doesn't satisfy anymore. He will exercise, occasionally to the point of near exhaustion if he's really steamed. Years of releasing rage like this and school sports are to blame for his stellar physique. To get angry, someone must challenge an opinion of his. Not to say he will burst from the get-go, but if you say something, he will comment his own ideal. If you begin to debate, he will increasingly become more and more angry.

He tends to be truly close to Pokemon as a whole. The opinion he holds for Pokemon is that they can do no wrong. They are all innocent creatures to him. He doesn't particularly like battling them, but seeing as it's a must for being a trainer, he makes sure wild Pokemon aren't too hurt and that the opposite team can receive medical treatment forthwith. Even if he has to do it himself! He is sweet and nurturing to Pokemon, making sure they get everything they need and that they are free spirits to do whatever they want. He constantly grooms and tends to his Pokemon – "motherly" would be a great word to describe his attitude towards the Pocket Monster race.

Aspiration: Primarily a Coordinator/Breeder- He will battle a gym if he and his Pokemon want to, but Contests are more fun and safer alternative.

Choice: (To Be Announced, by you! Vote on the poll in the
OOC!)

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Since you won't stop bugging me about this, I decided to take a look. I have been waiting for a Johto RP for a while now. Silver was my first game that got my into the world of pokemon. Now seems to be a good time to go back to my roots, with a few twists! :)

Name: Tyler Morgan

Appearance: Tyler stands roughly 5'10. He is very skinny, bordering on the unhealthy side. He is not very muscular. His face is rather narrow and straight. His eyes are a soft brown that are almost always set into a glare. He hardly ever smiles, and his mouth is very thin and usually set into a semi permantent sneer. His nose is narrow and pointed, almost like it was broken. The hair on his head is a dark brown, and is cut into a very trim and suave style.

His clothing is a professionally tailored suit. His slacks and jacket are both black, with a crisp appearence to it. The shirt is dark gray, with a neat black tie. He wears a pair of immaculately shiny dress shoes to finish his look. Of course, he can't wear this suit all the time, despite the fact that he wants too. When he is not in his formal clothing, he can be found in a pair top of the line jeans, black of course, and a similarly expensive Polo shirt. That look is accompanied by a set of brand name walking shoes. No matter what he is wearing, he never leaves out his platnum watch, which was a gift from his father.

History: Tyler was born into one of the wealthy families that holds stock in the Silph Company. His father is on the board of directors, and his mother used to be a top pokemon co-ordinator. Tyler grew up in Saffron City for most of his life. He was raised to be proper, prim, and polite. He became well versed in the proper manners, and at the age of five was being groomed to take his father's place on the board of directors. His parents hired private tutors for him, because he was too good to be scooled with other children, so he didn't get very interaction with kids his own age. It turned out they were right, as he soon surpassed the other children with his intelligence.

But life was not all good for Tyler. He was terribly lonely. And he was chafing against his parents, as most children do. He wanted to do something. He wanted to leave a legacy, not just be the son of his very famous and respected parents. So to that end, he asked his parents if he could go on a pokemon journey. Thinking it was just a childish fancy that would go away in time, they told him that as soon as he graduated the top of his class, they would let him go. This drove Tyler to work even harder than he had before. Running a top company was all well and good, but Tyler felt he needed more than that. At the age of fifteen, he fired his tutors and enrolled in the local highschool, where he stood out for his brilliance and his attitude. He was not very close to his peers, whom he considered somewhat beneath him. He graduated the very next year, as he had promised, at the top of the class. His parents were surprised when he came to them and told them he was leaving to get his first pokemon. He and his parents had a very large arguement, but in the end, they caved in and flew him to New Bark Town to get his first pokemon on their private jet.

Personality: Tyler is very arrogant. His background and his intelligence have made him feel he is superior to everyone else. After all, he is one of the most valuable people in the world. While he would go out of his way to help someone in trouble, he would do it in such a way that it makes him look better. Being the spoiled brat that he is, he is not very pleasent to be around when he's not getting his way. That being said, when he's in a good mood, he can actually be pretty nice. If you can stand the snobbishness and the arrogance that goes along with it.

He is very combatitive and hates to lose. If someone challenges him and his wit, he will say what he can to try and convince them he is right. If that doesn't work, he will soon become a brat and throw a tantrum. If that doesn't work... He wouldn't know what to do. That has always worked for him in the past. He believes that he is right, and will always be right. And he has no problem letting others know that. He sees things as black and white, with no shades of gray. Either it is or it isn't. Right or wrong. Good or bad. He has very high standards of what he should be held to, and he holds others to these standards as well. Anyone that falls short is automatically inferior.

When he was young, he simply fell in love with pokemon. He was never able to get one for himself, and that weighs on him. Now that he has grown, the time has come for him to go out. He treats pokemon with love and respect. His views about them are that they are all valuable creatures, and that he would die for them. But, being the competitive person he is, he will not hesitate to use pokemon to settle his disputes. And he will battle them to the best of his ability, as he wants to stand out and be the best.

Aspiration: Co-ordinator/ Gym Battler. He loves contests, but his desire to establish a seperate identity from his mother won't let him focus all his energy into that.

Choice: Pichu!

RP Sample: You said I don't have to as you've already seen my writing. If you would like, I can take something from another RP and put it here.

I hope that's good enough! And I choose Eevee for you.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
You made that character to specifically to push mine over the edge, didn't you?

Accepted, I'd love to see what his character arc is going to be like. :3

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
No, I would never do that. >_> I just tried to capture how a typical snob would act, and added some stuff to it. As long as they never disagree, then there will be no problems. :) And thanks for accepting me.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
I know, I know. It just seemed to perfect a character to cause Witthoefft to explode if they get into an argument. XD;

You're welcome. Now tell your friends!

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Name: Christopher Blake

Appearance: Christopher is quite small. He is quite muscular, but not too large and sinewy. Most of his small height comes from his long legs. He looks rather decent not too handsome or unpleasant-looking. He has sleek black hair that begins to curl when left untouched. His eyes tend to change color, from a light blue in the morning to a dark brown in the afternoon. A sharp uni brow covers his forehead, but he tends to shave the middle off, due to the embarrassment. With perfect tan skin covering his long arms, his fingers are nimble and quick. His nails sometimes begin to grow and due to his lack of care, he forgets to cut them. On the edge of his hands, a rather strange bone juts out, giving his hands a strange look. All the same, he doesn't show any attention towards his abnormalities.

He usually wears a bright red tee-shirt and black sport shorts. He relies on his relaxed style to remove tension and pressure. He wears long red socks that reach to halfway up his knee. Christopher, "Chris", also prefers his black sandals rather than tennis shoes due to the casual feel. He usually has a black visor on his head, which is rather large due to its secret. He hides the scar on his head and rarely shows it to anyone. He has a black and white band on his right hand symbolizing his change of regions. (Can you guess which one?) Around his neck, he wears a gold chain with a small Pokeball on the end, the one article of clothing that symbolizes his care for anything: Pokemon.

History: He rode the midnight train going anywhere. Christopher grew up in Nimbasa City. When his family sudden grew poor, he was forced to leave his lavish lifestyle behind. He learned about the darker side of life and became more serious. His family settled in New Bark Town out of coincidence. They were supposed to have settled in Cherrygrove City, but on their way there, Chris grew very sick. It left him a scar on his forehead. His mother and father decided to settle there instead. But, his father began to grow sick and soon passed away of the very disease Chris had managed to survive. He began to resent himself and when he began his Pokemon Academy, failed to make any friends.

Slowly, he realized the best way to take advantage of life. He began to relax more. After a near death experience in Tojho Falls, he decided to take advantage of any opportunity. He had gone swimming with a group of friends, who accidentally pushed him down the largest waterfall. Barely able to hang on to a branch, he was sucked into a whirlpool where a mysterious Pokemon managed to save him. For this reason, he decided to live life to its fullest, relying on luck. This usually makes his mother scared for his life. But, he comforts her with the fact that "If I were to ever get in serious trouble, you'd be out one more stress-maker."

Personality: Christopher is very kind, but when he meets someone he dislikes, he wastes no time in showing it. He will quickly put them down based on their appearance or personality. Usually, he avoids tense situations, saying they don't, "Need his lack of unbiased opinion." He sticks up his friends more than anyone else. If others are in trouble, he would most likely run from the situation, trying to avoid a confrontation with his weaker need for friendship. Sometimes, however, he would strive to do the right thing. This urge most likely occurs after he is face with the guilt that has piled over multiple scenarios.

He can be very selfish, due to his spoiled childhood, but realizes how unreasonable he was in a short period. He has a very guilty conscience due to survivor's guilt, resulting from his father dying of a sickness he managed to survive. During battles, his personality changes from a relaxed floater, to a serious combatant. He never gives up a fight, and he never surrenders. The cost of the battle is unimportant to him. He has proved to be rather cold, even against his friends, when it comes to battle. Maybe, he is a little more two-faced than he lets on.

Aspiration: Teacher. He wants to be able to teach others about life's misfortune and about handling Pokemon as an escape from life's less than happy encounters. Contests, Gyms, whatever it takes to learn the most about Pokemon.

Choice: Magby

Password: Glasses.

RP Sample: From The Children Are Hunted.

"It's getting smaller!" Arlanda screamed, her face turning bright red. She began pushing her arms against the walls, trying to escape. Mark watched as the clear world around them began to darken. He had seen this before. A panic attack. Even if it was true that the box was getting smaller, her mind would exaggerate the change.

"Calm down! Close your eyes and count to ten." he tried to reason with her, but she only grew more terrified. Then, he saw it, the glint in her eyes. He also realized what that was. Another storm. But, would it be able to escape the box?

"Alakazam, do something!" Tony yelled as his friends were slowly squished to death. Alakazam looked at him disdainfully and went back to her tree. She only got up once she felt another voice. The voice of the Espeon. Strong power. She thought of something.

"Esper. I will help you. But, there is something I want in return. I will reveal it later, but for now, the box. It is strong magic, made to torture others." she told the Espeon through her mind. The screams began escaping. They could hear the voices of the souls trapped inside the box, but there was nothing in front of them.

"Here that? It's lightning! She's gonna kill them both!" Clair yelled hysterically. "Mark! Arlanda! Mark!"

The storm around them began to strengthen. Arlanda's eyes were a bright blue. Her arms were covered in blue aura, as if she herself, was the storm. Mark tried to stop her but fell back. His eyes glowed a bright yellow as he tried to reach her. It was as if his arms were being torn off through the sharp winds. He was so close to her hands. As he moved his hands through the blue mist, he failed to notice the trickle of yellow move through them. Caught off guard, he shrieked in pain at the shock of lightning. He fell back, eyes closed. At the sight of Mark, Arlanda began to scream louder. The top of the box began to drip water, and soon it grew into a downpour.

"There's nothing I can do!" she yelled as her powers began to overwhelm her and she fell back, her eyes closed as well. Without any help from the outside, they would drown.

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Got there first, eh? ;D

Hope I get accepted. Oh, and my choice is Mareep, voted at the top. ;D

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
I'm going to say you're pending, Roserade.

I would like you to to answer these questions and comments for me. Then I'll accept you:

1. So, the "darker side of life" Chris learned about was the misfortunes that come with life, like his sickness?
2. How, exactly, did he get the scar from his sickness? What kind of special sickness causes a huge, permanent scar to appear? Explain, it needs clarification.
3. Some characteristics of Chris are conflicting and unreal. These, to be prescise:

"[FONT=a9a777c99c11e1a7258b82f0#580e00]He will quickly put them down based on their appearance or personality." vs. "[FONT=a9a777c99c11e1a70bbe9b70#580e00]Usually, he avoids tense situations."[/FONT]

I could understand how these could work, as in "he will try to avoid you instantly if he doesn't like you," but the way you put them seem a bit opposing, since it makes it appear to say he will not hesitate to verbally put you down, but avoid tense situations, even though verbally putting someone down is a tense situation.

"[FONT=a9a777c99c11e1a7258b82f0#580e00]He sticks up his friends more than anyone else." vs. "If others are in trouble, he would most likely run from the situation."[/FONT]

DOES. NOT. COMPUTE.
These two are extremely conflicting. Pick one or the other, and based on the rest of your personality, the latter choice seems more appropraite. A person doesn't go "I'll defend you! ....Only not! *runs away*"

I really do want to accept you in, but you just gotta clean up that personality to make more sense, mate. Do that, and you'll be a shoo-in![/FONT]

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2021
Name: Ivan Tzere

Appearance:

Ivan is not relatively a small man. Standing at six foot seven, he packs on the pounds to match his height; allowing him to look quite intimidating at moments. He is a very light tan in skin color overall but his farmer's tan is very noticeable. His hair sticks straight up rather than laying flat so he tries to keep it short to avoid attaining the inetival "fro" that would be sure to come. The short hair has a dual purpose in that it draws attention away from his hair and to his eyes. His eyes, which are considerably his best feature, are hazel with flecks of gold, blue and green dotted about. The rest of his facial features coincide with his overall body type. His eyes, nose, ears and square chin are all larger the the average man's.

Ivan wears what fits and what's comfortable. His worn out jeans rip at the seams and are stained with paint splatters. He wears loose fitting tee-shirts of various colors and patterns that would leave others drowning in a sea of fabric. He prefers the feel of boots as opposed to sneakers when traveling but wears sandals when he stops in towns for a break from adventuring. Often enough he'll have a black bandana wrapped around his head in some manner and a rough-looking cinch sack slung over his shoulder.

History:

Ivan was born into a more traditional family. His mother, father, grandparents and all sorts of other relations lived together in a small string of cottages right outside of Azalea Town. The commune of sorts bordered Ilex forest where he spent much of his time playing as a child. The most connection Ivan had to the world was one day every two weeks when he tagged along with father into town. Every trip was a wonder for him. He tried to meet and make new friends for all he had for company were his brother and cousins. However he was never in town long enough to establish a connection with the children.

Shortly after Ivan turned eight a terrible sickness struck the small commune's pokemon. In the end the family's miltank, tauros and ariados were too weak to fight through the illness and passed. After the pokemon were given a proper burial deeps within Ilex Ivan's father was tasked with taking what apricorns that had been saved over the years to Kurt. The family couldn't afford the prices the Marts charged and Kurt was the only hope to replace the pokemon that had been lost. Ivan was lucky enough to brought along to town where he stayed with his father, Kurt and his granddaughter Maisy.

In the few short days the two youngster had together they had grown close. Ivan told Maisy his story and she hers. They felt as though they had a connection to each other in some sense. When the day came that they would have to part they promised to eachother that they'd maintain their relationship. Ivan returned with his father to the little commune on the edge of Ilex and fell back into his normal routine. He continued to make trips to town, continued to visit Maisy, continued to feel a little let down every time they returned the commune.

When Ivan turned fourteen his father enrolled him at the school in town. He had come to terms with the fact that his son didn't find his current life adequate. Finally Ivan felt as though he had a chance to be more than what was destined. He could finally make new friends, learn about life outside of Azalea town, figure out what he wanted to do with his life, and most importantly, see Maisy more often. What actually happend was a bit different. He did see Maisy, and he did find out about the outside world; but what he didn't do is make new friends. The other youngsters saw him as a weirdo from the sticks. They teased him for being so sheltered, for being so curious, for the way he talked and acted.

There was nothing to connect Ivan with them aside for a passion for pokemon and so he thought it wouldn't hurt him a bit to tune them out. Maisy tried to help by talking to the other kids about him but his sad story didn't move them. This pushed Maisy to try to improve her relations with Ivan. She didn't want him to leave, to go back to the family commune where she knew he would never be happy. Over the next four years the two kept close, growing feelings for each other but neither working up the courage to admit it. And that is the way it would stay for as long as they were together.

Finally Ivan's final year of schooling came and passed. He wasn't the top of his class, but neither the bottom. He had grown a lot in those years, mentally and physically. He wasn't sure yet what he wanted to do, but what he did know is that he liked the modern world a lot better than that of his family's commune. He said goodbye to Maisy before she left for her journey that summer. He made one last visit home before embarking on his search for a purpose. All but his father hardly recognised him when he returned for the last time. His father had watched him grow over the years while the rest sat and wondered how he was, who he was. A week after his graduation Ivan left on his journey. That was the only time he had ever seen his father shed a tear.

Ivan found himself looking for work in Goldenrod City soon after he left home. He finally had found work at a constract construction company. The company traveled all over; from Olivine to Blackthorn and on into the Kanto region. They buit bridges, houses, corporate buildings; anything you could imagine they could build. He sent a portion of what he made home to try improving his family's condition. He held this job, traveling far and near, for four years.

His last contract was a simple expansion. His team was called out to New Bark Town to make an addition to to a pokemon lab. The professor, Professor Elm, was a nice man with a passion for learning about all types of different pokemon. Ivan spent many of the nights in New Bark staying up late discussing pokemon and swapping stories with Elm. Ivan mentioned he had never had a pokemon of his own before, and that those back with his family were closer to others than himself. It was then that Elm mentioned that he had a batch of baby pokemon that he would soon be handing out to new trainers.

Ivan let the idea churn and settle in his head over the last few days of construction. He decided he want to set out on a real journey. Not one just to find work that would sustain his simple life style, but one where he would figure what he really wanted to do, and what he wanted to do with the pokemon he met along the way.

Personality:

Ivan is a bit awkward socially because of his upbringing. He knows that some people can be misunderstanding, some people can be complete asses and that some can be as sweet as can be. Even after leaving the commune he has really only worked with the jerks at school and his buddies at the construction company. This means that he hasn't sampled all the personalities the world has to offer. He can get frustrated with how some people act, not understanding the motives behind their behavior. If someone is unusually kind to him he grows suspicious as to what they want out of him. If someone is unusually cruel he'll either learn to ignore them or he was blow up on them, somewhat of a defence mechanism internally that pairs well with his size.

Ivan is a bit unwary of new people but once he knows you he really is a nice man. He likes helping other, knowing that he's made your life just that much easier gives him a good feeling inside of sorts. However he tends to keep to himself when working, having a mind set that the job should get done sooner rather than later. But when later comes and the job is all done he likes to sit down with friends and swap stories whether it be from childhood or work. He is quick to defend his good friends and sometimes will take it as far as physical confrontation.

The pokemon that grew Ivan grew up with were his family's. They were cared for by him but never especially loved. They were always seen as just a source that kept him fed and clothed. They didn't go totally unloved though, he just didn't see them as special friends. He had met wild pokemon as well but had never befriended or caught any. The closest he ever got to befriending pokemon were the ones that worked with the company. But those had already caight by workman who were former trainers. Ivan hopes for the best in befriending caring for what ever pokemon Elm gives him.

Aspiration: A trainer for now, but this journey is all about finding himself, so it's subject to change.

Choice: Elekid

RP Sample:
Spoiler:

Sorry for how rough it is. Like I said, haven't really rp'd in 2-3 years

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
There's one spot left right? Can I please reserve it!? :> my mistake, no reservations PLUS there's more than five hahaha.

I'm on my phone and in the process of writing an SU.

Name: Adelaide "Adelle" Thomas

Spoiler:
Appearance: Adelle looks (and acts) cool in any thing she does. Her short cut hair is a warm red colour, windblown, straightened and teased in several different directions. Her face always has a curt smile or a raised eyebrow, her golden brown eyes practically glistening with apathy. She's kind of tall, about 175cm, but a completely average weight, maybe 62 or 65kg, depending on what she had eaten that week. Her skin is a healthy colour, hardly a mole on her (except for her right shoulder). She's not physically fit nor exceptionally weak; her metabolism seems to make up for her lack in exercise. One problem with her female body is her breasts, or lack of. Her flat chest has never got her anywhere love-wise, though her attitude may be a little to blame for that.

Adelle is not the one for dresses, skirts, frilly tops or any kind of girly-girl clothing. She buys t-shirts and jeans, often wandering into the men's section when she can't find what she wants. Her ears are pierced (four on her left ear, six on her right), but are usually filled with simple silver studs or sleepers. Her idea of jewelry is not necklaces with love hearts and flowers, but a small, drill pendant on a chain and a simple silver bracelet (if you've noticed, she'd much rather silver than gold). She's known to wearing bands in her hairs with some kind of quirky logo, but only if she's bothered. Her shoes are always the same; converse or thongs (also known as flip-flops).

With the way she dresses, Adelle has been called a dyke on many occasions.

Fun facts: Adelle can and loves to play Bass Guitar. She's also quite good on Piano, but much rathers Bass.

History: Born and raised in Olivine City in Johto, Adelaide was born into young family, her parents only on the brink of adulthood as she was brought into the world. Her mother was an artist and her father was a trainer (though not a particularly fantastic one), so they never had a lot of money. Nevertheless, Adelle did all the things a normal kid her age did; went to school, played with Pokémon, grew up. When she turned seven, her parents brought a bouncing, baby boy in the world; Dashiell. The two have always got along, playing games, fighting and sharing secrets with eachother.

Adelle did not do particularly well at school. It wasn't that she was stupid, she was indeed a bright child, she just didn't care much for it. When she was younger, she was one of the top of the class, though her work was always forgotten after the next smartest kid constantly outdid her. As hard as she tried, she could never exceed him. After then, she adopted an apathetic attitude about school; she didn't care for her grades, only scraping in a pass. When she graduated from high school, she was the average student.

Growing up with Pokémon, it didn't surprise anyone that she decided to become a trainer. Her father always had his own Pokémon out in the house, it wasn't long before they found and started playing with the children. Adelle grew to love the beasts, even raising a Caterpie after it had crawled into their house (though let it go after it became a Butterfree). She found her calling; though humans never cared for her achievements, Pokémon were always grateful.

Personality: The look on her face explains it all; Adelle really doesn't care much for anything. She's capable of holding the normal emotions of any human beings, so laughs at a joke, snaps at an insult, cries at a sad movie, but she really doesn't care much for your aspirations or petty achievements. Call it jealousy, call it suspicion, call it doubt, call it whatever you like, she just doesn't care. When your story is getting boring, she'll close her eyes, raise an eyebrow or just ask you to shut up.

Being blunt and straight to the point is also something she's good for. Though she can be rude at times, she's honest and doesn't like to sugar coat anything. Being in her presence for long periods of time is enough to drive anyone mad. Though, in her defence, Adelle would say being in the presence of someone who tells tall tales, is mostly vague and who's a complete and utter moron would drive her insane.

Aspiration: Though her first step would be to become a trainer, Adelle would love to be a Gym Leader or part of the Elite Four when she gets better as a trainer. As clichéd as it is, she just wants an accolade worth showing to the entire world.

Choice: Togepi
Password: I wear these on my face, sometimes I drink from them!

RP Sample: give me something to write about! (though this is definitely not my first RP) <:

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
@Name7aken - Accepted! Interesting character.

@Skymin - I look forward to the complete version. :3

Last edited:
Back