• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon of the Week! [ June 2 - June 9 ]

Who do you want for Pokemon of the Week?

• [img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons/087.png[/img]

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • [img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons/560.png[/img]

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • [img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons/199.png[/img]

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Welcome to Pokemon of the Week, where we pit three random Pokemon up against either other for the amazing prize of decorating PGC's forum splash for a week! This week's contenders are:

Dewgong, the Sea Lion Pokemon
087.gif

Scrafty, the Hoodlum Pokemon
560.gif

And Slowking, the Royal Pokemon
199.gif

Unlike the previous week, I want everyone to post this time and discuss why you chose the Pokemon you voted for. :) Let's get to it!

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
I've never been a fan of Scrafty myself, so it's immediately written off. It seems like a very capable fighter to me, but I found its design to look rather ugly. The head looks so bulbous and the eyes so awkwardly positioned that it makes me struggle to take it seriously.

But between the other two? It's a tough decision. Slowking is closely related to Slowbro, which is one of my favourite Pokémon, but I've also been very fond of Dewgong. They've both been a big help in dragging me through some of the Pokémon games, so I have some history with them both.

I do prefer Dewgong's elegant design, mind you. Slowking has a certain goofy charm to him and it's a very close call, but the graceful Dewgong gets my vote.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I've sadly never really liked Dewgong. I just don't find it strong enough to effectively use.
As much as I like Slowking, it's not my type of Pokemon. It's a good Pokemon, but not my kind.

Scrafty's typing is perfect. Dark/Fighting means it doesn't get hurt by Psychic, so it loses one weakness. Also, Scrafty's defenses are pretty good, meaning it can take a few hits.

So my vote will be Scrafty. Sorry Slowking and Dewgong.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Awh, someone should do something like this over in Pokémon General!

I vote for Dewgong, because for a splash banner you'd want a pokémon that looks cool or nice and give a good feel to the forum goers. Scrafty looks like he wants to steal the members' post counts or something. Slowking is pretty good, and popular and well known I guess? But Dewgong is elegant and I think it would make the section feel welcoming.

Love the Ludicolo btw. That's welcoming :>

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Dewgong is a pretty basic Pokemon to me, though I do think it's quite majestic. Scrafty was a fun Pokemon to use, and I actually do like it's design, which I originally hated. We have come a long way, Scrafty. But not as long a way as Slowking and I have. I love Slowking and I'm using on in SoulSilver now and I'm so excited and it can use Flamethrower and "I could use pants!" and just why would I NOT vote for Slowking?! Haha.

Awh, someone should do something like this over in Pokémon General!

No mod in there right now, but Nick is watching over it. I can pitch him an idea though. :) 4th Generation Gaming has a PotW as well, btw! Check it out. :D And Ludicolo is a welcoming Pokemon for PGC, I agree haha.

Years
I decided to pick Scrafty because I used one in Black 2 and she managed to take a lot of foes down thanks to her awesome Moxie ability and solid bulkiness. About time a 5th Gen Pokemon got the limelight here lol.

Years
Sydian said:
I love Slowking and I'm using on in SoulSilver now and I'm so excited and it can use Flamethrower and "I could use pants!" and just why would I NOT vote for Slowking?! Haha.
In my mind, that's always been one of the best lines to come out of any of the Pokemon movies, and Pokemon 2000 in general cemented Slowking as one of my favorite Pokemon.

I do like Dewgong, especially the one that you got in Yellow nicknamed Cezanne. It was one of the most useful in-game trades I can remember, but I haven't really used Dewgong since then. As for Scrafty, I don't mind it, but still don't feel as I've warmed up to it as much as I have for most of the other 5th gen Pokemon.

And in case my vote wasn't obvious, I'm going with Slowking.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Voted for Scrafty. Mainly because out of the three it's the only one I ever considered using on one of my main teams. I almost used a Scrafty for my first Pokemon White run but it didn't make the cut.

It's the one I'm most interested in using at a later point.

Slowking and Dewgong are both nice, but Scrafty beats them both.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
Scrafty! I love my Scrafty; it's Shed Skin, Defense and Special Defense.

DelightedTurk

Hipsterest Hypno in the land
Years
I personally have always loved Slowking. Even though I've never used one I've always found it to be so cool. It's design to me is really impressive and it just has a good typing in my opinion. I got it once in a Random Battle in Pokémon Showdown and swept so that might have something to do with it haha

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Even though it's probably modeled after some weird amalgamation of American urban stereotypes, I voted for Scrafty because it looks like it doesn't mess around, haha.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Aww...man this one is tough! Dewgong is out of the running because although it looks nice, it's not necessarily that great [although a Hydration Dewgong would team up great with my Rain Dance Ludicolo :) ]

Slowking's a bit slow, but has a cool design, evolves via King's Rock just like Politoed, which automatically makes it awesome...and also, Slowpoke have their own well! Plus I do like seeing Slowking following me around in HeartGold.
Scrafty on the other hand is really tough, pretty sweet design, one of the ones in Black that I genuinely do like, rather than looking for similarities with previous pokémon. The Dark / Fighting combo is pretty good too...nothing beats going out against a similar-levelled Scrafty and both using Hi Jump Kick :)
Overall I'm probably going to go Slowking just because it looks like it'll get less votes, despite it being no less cool than Scrafty.

blue

gucci
Years
Dewgong.

I don't like any of the Slowpoke line and I'm not really that familiar with Scrafty, Dewgong on the other hand is a great Pokemon who has been around since the first generation!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
It seems like no Trainers in the games use Slowking, so that's why I gave it a vote. It's also the king of the Slowmons! Not only that, Slowking can also talk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back