• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Fifth Gen Pokemon

Salamence™

Gen 3♥
Years
Who is your favorite Fifth Generation Pokemon?
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hydregion is my favorite as well. It's an amazing special-attacking Pokémon, who has the ability to knock out any Pokémon with just a single hit. It also has good defensive stats and quite a large movepool. The only thing that's holding this Pokémon back is its Speed stat, which is very low. If it wasn't for that, Hydregion would've been unstoppable. (: Minccino is my favorite, too, because it's fluffy and cute. Very cute. If it was a real-life animal, then I would always keep it in my arms.

Years
If one knows by now, my fave Pokemon is obviously Oshawott. He's cute, he's awesome and an awesome evolution line themed around samurais. I never would have found so many fave things of mine in a Pokemon, and he's now my official mascot Pokemon and always will be.

Sirfetch’d

As if my username doesn't give it away, it is Jellicent. I just love his design especially the male one and he has a fabulous typing. He is a great Pokemon to use defensively and just overall nearly perfect. With a generation like gen 5 that introduced so many amazing Pokemon it is really hard to pick a favorite, but Jellicent wins here! =D

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Lampent has the best cry in all of Pokemon. The whole Litwick family is just awesome. First to be fire/ghost and they pull it off.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
548.gif

It's safe to say this little babe owns my heart.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
It'll have to be Samurott, it's design and concept as well as it's ability to use it's swords which are sheathed in it's legs is really neat!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
My favorite Unova Pokemon is also my favorite Pokemon in the entire (Pokemon) world too.... and that honor goes to Watchog.

It has never let me down (it helped me take down 2 of the 4, of the Elite4 in 3 different Unova games), with the right move set it's always going to be a companion of mine. Any of my games isn't complete (and I won't play it - unless I'm playing a specific challenge like my all water team) without Watchog.

Really love it's fur markings (that illuminate) and color - brownish-red, the tuft, the eyes. I also liked his Japanese voice (compare to the English German or French).

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Vanilluxe cause' it's just so damn adorable, it may be an ice-cream cone but it's a cute one at that! It also has pretty decent stats paired with a nice movepool which definitely came in handy during my Pokémon White Playthrough.

Black Dynamite

Resident Noob
Years
zoroark for sure! actually really surprised to see the amount of different opinions in here. pleasantly surprised.
i just like how badass zoroark is. I almost like it as much as jolteon or arcanine.. almost

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Well, I think the looks of Bisharp is more badass than that of Zoroark. I like the radical design, even though it's not my favorite.
625.gif

One of my personal favorites is the elegantly designed Swanna (As well as its cute pre-evolution Ducklett). My passion for water-types and birds shows why.

Cassandra

Transgender Queen
Years
My favorite 5th gen Pokemon is Zoroark. When paired with Cresselia in double battles it provides a decent defense for Cresselia. It also has the tricky Illusion ability, which is nice because the last Pokemon in my party is always Heracross.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
I think Haxorus would take the cake for me. I used one in my White 2 playthrough and I named him Kenneth. I think he was the first Pokémon on my team that I gave a headcanon personality (Being pretty much exactly like Kenneth from 30 Rock which is who he's named after). He made my playthrough glorious. He destroyed everything and every battle in our path, too.

Back