• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Wow, really

Katja

Years
I booted up my Sapphire to see what was on it, and it said the internal battery died. I haven't played it that much, and I haven't touched it in years. I'm pretty dissapointed. Has this happened to any of you? I thought it only happened to gold and silver versions....

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
I'm not sure what it means but I've read about it and hear you can still play the game but some time based thing in the game might not work I think... Hope I helped.

jjnerdful

Never post
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2011
What I forgot to say was the R/S/E game cartridges don't use the internal battery to save. They only use the battery for keeping track of the time. Saving is done on FlashRom (if I remember right), so you can still play the game. The time based stuff like berry growing, etc won't work anymore unless you 1) get a patch if the cause is the glitch or 2) get a fresh battery in if battery really died (I doubt it).

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
Years
I booted up my Sapphire to see what was on it, and it said the internal battery died. I haven't played it that much, and I haven't touched it in years. I'm pretty dissapointed. Has this happened to any of you? I thought it only happened to gold and silver versions....

Yes, it has happened to me. Fortunately you can fix it. If you have 2 GBAs, a Leaf Green or Fire Red, and a Game Link Cable you can do it. When you are on the start screen of your Leaf Green, press B+Select. Then, the game will shoe you how to fix it.

Katja

Years
Oh wow. Hmm I think I might have a link cable, but its at my gmas house if I do so who knows if I can even DL the patch. xD I'll at least play it to get some of the pokemon I want on my SS or something.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
This has never happened to me, but it has happened to a friend a few years back. Like everyone said you'll be fine, might not be able to grow berries anymore though.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
I kept getting that on my ruby but it doesn't really matter. SO, play on :).

Back