• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#11 - -ty- vs. IceyPinkLemons

Whose sprite do you vote for?

• -ty-

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • IceyPinkLemons

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Pixel Art Duel #11
-ty- vs. IceyPinkLemons

Introduction

Welcome! This thread is to vote for who you think should win this duel.
Whose pixels are more impressive than the others? You decide!

Rules

1. No voting for yourself.
2. When voting, you must include comments on why you voted for the specific sprite. Criticism is appreciated as well. Don't forget to use the poll!
3. Don't be harsh on sprites, this is for fun after all!

Contestants

Theme: Cat vs. Dog
For this theme, I will assign one of you with either cat or dog. Your task is to sprite either as a fakemon, and this is based on the rivalry between a cat and a dog. Also, I will assign the typings. You'll have to sprite something that will have the people vote for your sprite/choosing 'dog' side or 'cat' side.

-ty-: Cat, Normal Type/Fire Type

IceyPinkLemons: Dog, Normal Type/Water Type

Restrictions:
Dimensions - 96x96 BW style
Colours - Maximum is 24
Animation - No
Transparency - Optional

-ty-'s sprite
catx.png

IceyPinkLemons' sprite
Labradrench-1.png

About time we got a duel done.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Cat vs Dog? This sounds like my kinda challenge!

I ended up voting for -ty-'s sprite for a few reasons. First, I can clearly tell that it's meant to be a cat. Second, the colours work really well together and I was able to guess that it was a Fire Pokemon before looking at the description posted by Logiedan. Finally, I really dig the flowery mane and tail that has been given to the sprite, and thought it added a nice touch.

All of the above is not to say I didn't like IceyPinkLemons' sprite. Indeed, I do like the colours on this sprite as well. Unfortunately, it took a long hard look for me to realise it was a dog, as the icy tuft of fur on its face overshadows its canine features. As well as this, I thought it was an Ice critter at first. I guess for a Water critter, I was just expecting more of a flow in the design, to signify Water, obviously.

So, yeah. Them's my reasons. But good jobs, all round!

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Great sprite Icey! I love the white tufts.
Good luck!

It looks like there is not much interest in our sprites thus far...haha

Years
As far as concept goes -ty-'s fire cat sprite is bright like I would expect from something fiery, but IceyPinkLemons' water dog seems kind of darker than I would expect for something watery. I can totally see the detail of it being watery, and they're actually clearer when you look at it in detail, but the initially appearance isn't one where I'd think it looks watery. As for the design, IPL's looks more like a dog than -ty-'s looks like a cat. Something about the ears on the cat, I dunno, they seem mouse-like to me. But overall I think -ty-'s is more daring and imaginative, what with that big tail. I know that you don't have to go over the top to have a good sprite, but that tail is just really nicely done.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
I would have to vote for Icey's. I just don't see the "cat" in the other sprite (it looks more like a mouse to me o.o although it is pretty), but I can tell the dog one is a dog, especially with its tongue all drooping out of its mouth. XD The dog one's tail is cute, too. Just overall very cuddly looking. The dog one also has a better, more personality-ful pose. I like the shading on the cat one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back