• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen If The Follow-Me Feature Came Back...

Years
*sorry if this has been made, it's hard to keep track!

Which of the 649+ pokemon would you want to follow you around in full-fledged 3D? Also, do you want the follow-me feature to come back in these games? Also discuss what the feature would entail... do you think pokemon could be used more in the overworld? Discuss and explain! :D

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I wanted the follow me feature back...*sigh* Too bad they can't do it for some reason? Well, I wanted the Pokemon I would train to follow me, just like Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Years
Riding Pokémon. Calling it. A select few of Pokémon will be ridable in full-fledged 3D, each getting effects. For instance, I can imagine riding a Dodrio would create a fading after-image.

blue

gucci
Years
I misread this title...

They've only shown us a small portion of these games, there's still hope! I'd like to see all of the Unova Pokemon and all of the new Pokemon that are introduced in these games.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Definitely my Nidoking :3 Since it is my favourite pokemon and you can surf on him and it would be so awesome! :3333

But yes, riding a Dodrio would look amazing! Haha I wonder if its heads would be like chopper-propellers!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Ahhh, if only there is a time where I can surf on a Milotic; that would be an excellent feature~!

Well, I do hope that they'll bring back the follow me feature too; it was really cool in the Gen II remake. ^^

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I would have my Vaporeon following me around in 3D. That would be amazing.

@TaichiWind
Riding Pokemon....brilliant.
Also, since it's 3D I would want them to make the Pokemon we're surfing on to be somewhat visible at least. Instead of a blob in the water.

Years
I think it would be really cool that when you are using fly or surf, the Pokemon that you have using it will be featured instead of that whole random bird/whale deal.

But to answer the question, I would love for my Mamo to follow me! :3 It would be the best day of my life if they make Pokemon ride-able like Taichi said. :,)

PhoenixWright77

Pokémaster Attorney
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
I would really like it if my Pokemon can follow me again...in 3D! Sadly, it doesn't seem it will have it as the video shows no sign of Pokemon following the player. :(

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
I WANT ALL THE POKEMON TO FOLLOW ME AROUND. That would just be grand.

Why not let all of them? Everyone loved it in 2D, what about 3D Nintendo? Plus being able to Surf on different Pokémon (I mean like the thing you are Surfing on in all the previous games...it just doesn't look like ANYTHING in Gen IV and V) would be a major plus.

Sirfetch’d

I will make Fennekin follow Me:) also I would love to see my Jellicent following me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Seeing how glorious the graphics are, I would definitely want to have each Pokemon follow me at least once!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd love for it to return! As for what I'd take... I dunno. If there's Herdier I'd have that behind me because THE LOYAL DOG POKEMON.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
It would be really nice if the Follow-Me feature returned, but I really don't see this happening though, knowing what I've seen in the trailer. But who knows? Maybe we might see a place where you can let your first Pokémon in your team out of it's Poké Ball and following you around.

It would be really nice to see something like that, somewhat like how Amity Square was in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Versions.

Back