• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Linked

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Edit - Old information. Please disregard anything posted in this topic, it's out of date. Thanks.

Last edited:
Years
Wow, and you have the balls to tell other people that their graphics suck? The irony is unbearable.

Oh, and lets not forget that your so called 'quotes from elsewhere' are useless.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Wow, and you have the balls to tell other people that their graphics suck? The irony is unbearable.

Oh, and lets not forget that your so called 'quotes from elsewhere' are useless.

Where did I say other peoples graphics suck? Also deleted the quotes if you hate them so much.

Ever played Stick Online? The graphics are similar to that, google Stick Online and its actually a good style. (Although I admit it doesn't fit pokemon very much)

Edit: Are you talking about adbarlian castles? They where black and white graphics.......

Here is a screen of the menu loging in:
Login.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 16, 2008
Edit: Are you talking about adbarlian castles? They where black and white graphics.......
So what? Your Graphics are drawn in paint i think xD Just look at your own games and then criticize someones... Just a little Tip rethink of your graphic style ;) Maybe the GUI looks a bit good but the maps aren´t good :)
~Backmaster

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2015
You Graphics Suck

No offense, but your graphics suck. They were drawn in paint and if you knew a thing about creative design you would ahave someone make tiles for you or obtain tiles in a from a resource.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
I never liked side scrolling games (except for Mario).

Those graphics are hideous and I don't like the whole idea of this game.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Ewww...*Looked at graphics*
Normally i don't care, but those just really take the fun out of going though many marvelous woulds of side-scrolling adventure!
Up those up a bit!

RomsMaster

N00B Master (and what)
Years
Hey, I dont think that background is bad. It's just that you guys haven't seen any Pokemon games with those kinds of backgrounds. I think its unique.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
Hey, I dont think that background is bad. It's just that you guys haven't seen any Pokemon games with those kinds of backgrounds. I think its unique.

Yes, we have. People try to pull it off every now and then, and the projects quickly die, or the backgrounds are changed.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Hmmmm, I'd like to see YOUR great games guys.
Anyway the graphics for the background might suck to you guys, but it is all how you look at it. *note* I did not make the graphics exept for the GUI and messages*
ANYWAY, the graphics aside I am focussing on gameplay. If the gameplay is good, then it will make up for temp graphics.
The reason why the graphics are so bad is because my BG artist had 4 days to do a 6891*771 map, HARDLY any time to do a scratch world. After that he went (and still is) on holidays. He has been on holidays for 2 and a half weeks now, and in half a week he will be back. I will ask him to edit the background now that it is big enough into better quality.

Edit: Some of you will be thinking that I am taking this badly but I actually am not.
I need the constructive critism to make it BETTER. Although due to feedback I will not release the demo now without far better graphics, otherwise it will trigger more critism. In a few weeks, maybe a month I will have changed the stlye a little, although I don't think it is as bad as you all are saying, you just haven't seen it beofre. And to anyone that has, gimme a link.

Last edited:

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
OK, here is a sample of the new girl trainer graphics. I don't think that you guys will find this one so bad, please tell me what is wrong with it if you do, I need to know so that we can inprove it.
sumgarl.png

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
Years
I like the trainer^^
But look at the 2nd and 4th graphic under the bag.

And I don´t think the background is too bad, but it doesn´t look that professional.
But: Good gameplay is more important (for me).

Good luck,
Bombah!

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
Years
I hope you talk about the trainer... If no, I don´t know what you mean.
If yes: There´s a blue (or green) space between the leg and the bag...

Anyway: How much Pokémon will it contain? (when it´s done... in a future far away^^)
All 493? Or less?

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
As many as we can fit, lol. Litterally that, as much as my spriter can do, and as much as can fit in the world. Althyough I am NOT going to jam it all in. I think that 8 pokemon in the first version will be enough, perhaps 12. There will be event pokemon also.

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2012
Gamemaker games is so easy to hack. I Suggest you to Hire hacker and then fix exploits with him :P...

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Thanks Corn.

@Cyrusman, I have never hacked a gamemaker game before and never try=ied. How are they easy to hack. I will need to know to prevent people giving themselves lvl 99 stats and stuff, lol.

Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2008
Hi everybody I am world sprite back from hols! and you can offend all my hard work as much as you like but, I want to let you know one thing! it was not done on paint!

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Yup, It was done in something MUCH harder and difficult, lol.

The way that you can't tell the difference....

OK guys I have not updated this really at all.

I apoligise, here is the biggest update the game has seen as of date:

I am revamping the entire game into another gmk file so that I hope to lose all the bugs and tidy the game up. Also I am going to complete the battle system that has not started yet, but I have thought most of it out now. Also I will complete the menu ENTIRELY and I am going to port forward so that others can connect to me as well.

This is VERY big, it is the stage that takes the game from being a rough idea into a start of a game that will take it off the ground so much that it can not be left behind. Sure there will be still bugs, but if this is done then the important bits are done and all the rest of updates are just add-ons.

Because of this I expect that this will take about a month maybe more, but I can't confirm it. As soon as this is done I will need to add a bit more, but then I will release it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back